Hello Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Friday

Good morning friends. I had to get up at about 1:30 am and had trouble getting back to sleep. It wasn't until 4 am that I finally fell asleep.

We had a strange weather day yesterday. It would pour rain for a few minutes, then the sun would come out and it was like that all day. I finished Bonnie's quilt and will take it with me tomorrow. We are helping Rachel and Eli with their move. The house has sold.

So for today I am not sure what is on the agenda.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was smoky/hazy all day yest. with the sun setting in an orange glow. Hazy again today. High expected in the 70's. Yest. a.m. I got the turkey patties mixed up & in the freezer. Three lb. of meat makes 21 patties; I add several ingred. to make it taste sort of like meatloaf.

I actually did some FMQ yest. eve. -- finally! Slow progress. I hope to get back at it again today.

This a.m. I'll be cooking up DH's Anasazi beans. I also need to change the sheets on my bed.

When the clock radio went off at 5 a.m., I was surprised to learn that Pres. Trump & Melania both have tested (+) for C-19 & will be quarantining in the White House. I read more about it on the web this a.m. I hope they will be okay. This virus is no respecter of persons.

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard the news about the President and Melania having Covid. We need to pray for them and their family.
      Last edited by Bubby; October 2, 2020, 07:41 AM.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw that about the President and First Lady. Praying they recover quickly.

• jjkaiser
      jjkaiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay I will say it: Karma...you can fill in the blank or Karen will kill me.

Good Morning Everyone ~ It’s in the high 30s this morning. I don’t think anything got nipped by frost though.

Yesterday we got our flu shots. I got the senior dose and Jeff got the regular dose because he’s not quit a senior. The senior dose is hard to come by in our area so although we weren’t planning on getting our shots yesterday I didn’t want to pass up the shot I need. Our pharmacist came out to our truck to give us the shots because the pharmacy had so many people there. In addition to it being a pharmacy there is also a coffee shop and clothing boutique. So far we both have sore arms and I’m running a low grade fever. I got good sleep last night.

Jenny’s new tutorial is sweet. It makes a cute pillow and quilt.

Happy Stitching today friends!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone,

We had frost warnings for overnight, so I covered the tomatoes and some of the beans last evening. I was in the garden yesterday and picked MORE green beans....another 2 pints worth I think. Crazy! It was Oct. 1, my hands were freezing, and I was picking beans!

I finished all the houses for the Winter Village, got the sashing on between rows, got most of the border done.....until I ran out of fabric! I found more fabric online, and I believe it will be shipped soon. Then I'll be able to finish the last side of border.

We're heading to the cabin later this morning. DS and family plus DD will be there too. We'll be putting everything away, bringing anything that might freeze home, and closing up for the winter. Along about March I'll start dreaming of sitting on the deck and looking out at the lake! Right now I feel I'm in hibernation mode.

I've been playing with the Janome Artistic SD18 this week. I haven't used it in months, so I've been doing some adjustments, oiling, and practicing.

I better get in the shower and double check the cabin list....we'll be leaving in a couple of hours. Have a peaceful day all.
      Jeanne

Comment

Good morning. It is a grey, dreary, damp morning here today. We were up late last night watching hubby's Dodgers and saw the news about the President and Melania and Hope Hicks. Prayers for their speedy recovery.

Yesterday I worked on a burp cloth order I had and delivered that after I had lunch with Ceil. I will probably spend a good bit of time in the sewing room.

Not sure what else I will do today. Whatever is on your schedule, I hope it goes well and you have a good day. Be well. Stay safe.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning all,

Well yesterday we had quite the day. To backtrack a bit Monday night I couldn't sleep and got up around 3 am and was looking at various sites on my tablet. I heard noises like someone was walking around the house and was alarmed. I went in the sunroom and looked all around, door was locked everything was fine. However I kept hearing noise for about another 20 minutes and it really had me puzzled I couldn't find where it was coming from. I asked my husband if he heard any strange sounds and he said he thought it was me walking around. Back to yesterday. My husband goes down to the basement yesterday to bring something up and smells something funny, he looks around and the odor is coming from near the washing machine. My husband looks in the washing machine and lo and behold there is a dead possum in there....what!!!! I think that's what I must have heard. My feral cats sleep under the deck and must have had a run in the the possum and somehow it got in the basement and landed in the washing machine where it could not get out and died. My husband spent the morning outside crawling around the foundation looking to see where he could have gotten in but didn't find place but he did find a hole in the dryer vent that was probably it. Dryer vent hose got changed immediately. What a day!

No sewing yesterday but received two packages from M* with daily deals from last week.

Well, better get something out of the freezer to defrost for dinner tonight, and get my second cup of coffee.

Wishing everyone a good day and weekend!
          Last edited by Cathy F; October 2, 2020, 08:02 AM.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Cathy, you can be thankful it was a possum rather than a skunk! Hope you got the hole fixed.

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            At least it wasn’t a snake in your washer. Glad Barry found the entry point. Possums are such odd creatures and they can make some scary sounds when they try to run you off. I’ve had a fun-in or three with them over the years.

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG I would have freaked out for sure. That is one of the most bizarre stories I have ever heard. I would be afraid to go down in the basement alone after a scare like that!

Good Morning Everyone!

We got frost overnight, temp right now is 33. Dave and I pulled the tomatoes that we could last night. There are a few things that will need to be brought in for the winter but the forecast for next week is showing in the 60's so we will leave those plants outside yet.

Did a little housework yesterday making sure that I did not do too much at one time. Today I will be cleaning the floors, one room at a time so that I don't stress the knees right now although walking doesn't seem to bother them. It is the up and down stairs that hurts, plus any "twisting".

Sewed a little again last night. I have the pinwheel quilt in rows now so only have to sew them together and then add the borders. I will do that get Debi's Glam Girl quilt layered today. I hope to have that one done this weekend and hope to get some of the Irish Change quilted. I have been putting that one off as I'm a little afraid of screwing that one up. I will just need to take a deep breath and do it.

Time for some coffee. Have a great day everyone.
          Carlie

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have suggested that's to my hubby. No go. He says "I'll just put them in the window/sun and they will ripen fine." We will see.

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            We have a couple from our church who have coordinated our annual Thanksgiving potlucks at the church. He makes a delicious green tomato pie that tastes just like mincemeat pie. Unless things with C-19 improve markedly, there will be no potluck this year.

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I make a delicious two crust tomato pie with ripe red tomatoe, roll out bottom crust, put in pie pan, then add a layer of sauteed onions and layer of Swiss cheese. You need about 8-9 med tomatoes a little bigger than tennis balls, 4 if they are beefsteaks. Cut tomatoes in large bite size pieces (do not blanche or remove skins). Set in colander to drain juice while rolling out crust. Transfer tomatoes into a bowl and coat with 1/2 cup flour. Beat 2 eggs, then stir into tomatoes. This prevents your pie from getting all runny when you cut it. Dump into pie crust, cover with top crust. Poke top with fork a few times, Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
            Last edited by jjkaiser; October 3, 2020, 11:01 PM.

Good morning!

The rain has cleared out and the sun is shining. The expected high today is in the mid-50's. I need to run up to the grocery store today for a couple of things.

Not one but two of the recessed lights in my kitchen are out this morning. Only one was out last night. I will have to get out the step stool and some duct tape and change them out. I stocked up on lightbulbs the last time I went to Home Depot, so I have plenty in the cabinet. That is one thing I really don't like about this house, every room has a light fixture I need to climb on a step stool or chair to change the bulb.

Work continues on my spring twist quilt. If I can stitch a couple extra hoops today, I should be able to finish the quilting tomorrow. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I started the quilt back in January. I might work on a curvy log cabin quilt next.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning to All. Phone calls went smoothly yesterday and even got word from Atty in Tenn that the pkg finally arrived. He said it looked like a tractor had ran over it. Still not sure why it took 6 days to make that last 90 mile jaunt. Food pantry is stocked and ready for the older grands today. I have to pick them up at 12:30 (when their virtual school is over on Fridays). Will stop by AAA (near their place) to turn in the handicap placard that was issued to my father.

Hope all have a safe and happy day.

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Have a great time with your Grands!

We have this handy pole gadget for changing lightbulbs.https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...LB12/100354521
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• JulieC
              JulieC commented
              Editing a comment
              I had no idea they made such a thing. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip!

• Paisley
              Paisley commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s so much easier then getting out the stepladder or jumping up on the chair. It grabs any sized lightbulb too.

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              I need one of these. I’ve seen them before but never took the plunge and bought one.

Morning!

Eye appointment today. Also, I think we are headed to the LQS afterward. Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of my seventh birthday, and we usually eat out on each other's day, but with the pandemic I just don't feel like taking the chance, so instead I want to go to the LQS and pick up some more of the fabric I used for the In One Direction quilt.

Other than that, not much will happen here this weekend, other than sewing. Looks like I (or I should say Cheryl) will have things on display beginning Sunday for a few days. Got to start taking pictures this weekend.

Have a great day all!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• Ginny B
              Ginny B commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like you will celebrate the 50th anniversary of your 7th birthday in a very nice way.

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Belated happy birthday, Rob! Fabric lasts longer than birthday cake, and is healthier for you, too.

• jjkaiser
              jjkaiser commented
              Editing a comment
              I am truly bad at math. Happy Birthday Rob I am still trying to figure out how you could be 350 years old?!!! I don't think you want me doing your taxes.

Morning, not exactly the day I had planned. BIL cancelled lunch. His dentist appointment went poorly yesterday and veered into root canal territory. He's not up to snuff today. Gave my Hubs a chance to go to the son's to help replace the water heater that went kaput and started leaking yesterday. All things work together for good I suppose.

That gave me time for some housework. The fires in CO and now WY are spreading fine dust and ash so an extra wipe down was in order. I smell smoke still this morning, and like Joy saw the orange red glow as the sunset. I still find it creepy.

Praying for our President and country and for the Forum members.

Sandy

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I went outside a while ago to hang my pillows on the line to air. It's VERY smoky! There is a light coating of ash on the picnic table. I saw on the web that the Mullen Fire has increased to >127,000 acres. That fire is in WY on the WY/CO border; more evacuations have been ordered.

Good morning!! I took the day off as I have too much leave built up. You lose it at the end of the year if you are over 40 hours vacation. I'm praying I get this new position. I heard back that they are going forward with me! Yay! The work has increased double in my current position for the same pay. It's very sad to see all the talent leave but we all feel the same, the same pay for double work..no thanks!

It's already 11 here but I'm going to enjoy sewing today! I have things to cut and sew. I only have 6 bobbins for my bernina I found on ebay they are super cheap I hope they are actual bernina bobbins..they look it. Ive been buying from a quilt store and they run 3.50 a bobbin...expains why I only have 6. I'm always sewing to empty bobbins lol then I can switch colors.

Abby made lasagna last night and it was delicious. I love when she wants to cook as it's a night off for me! I cook two to three times a day so it's nice!

I went to the grocery store last night and our Suburban got keyed bad. I don't know anyone around here and don't understand it. I didn't have any altercations. It's not the first time I've been out alone and something has happened to our truck. I've also been followed home. This was really bad though ..the whole passenger side from front to back. We were wanting to sell this and now we have to fix the damages. Daniel was not happy and now hesitant for me to go alone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! I'm going to enjoy sewing and relaxing!!

Rachel

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Bummer about your vehicle. Why do some people just have to be nasty? It kind of spoiled your vacation day today. At my job, I can carry over 685 hours of vacation time. And I'm still in a use it or lose it situation.

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              So sorry about your vehicle.

Does your machine take pre-wounds? There is more thread on them and they might be an option. I use them for piecing too.

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Rhonda,

Thanks. No, the bobbins are specific to bernina. You have to buy from a bernina dealer. Daniel is huge on ebay so he looked there and I can get 20 for a deep discount. I'll be ordering.

Sorry about your truck getting keyed. I don’t understand why people do things like this..mean spirited people.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
            X