Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Dot, my MIL said that Joe (Howard's baby brother) would like to have something of Howard's. I don't have a problem with that. He's the only one that hasn't asked for a quilt and she asked if there was a quilt that Howard loved. I thought about Good Night Howard (based on the Good Night Irene that Jenny made). Only thing is, I gave that to Jim and Morgan. They still have it, but it's packed somewhere in their storage. Could they get it when they come home... Jim's like, if Uncle Joe wants it, he'll find it.

Life would be easier if I just picked one that's here in the house.

Here are the choices.... (pardon the messiness, I just threw them on the bed)

102_0721.JPG

102_0720.JPG

102_0719.JPG

I know Howard loved the bottom one, I made the borders big enough to cover the sides of the waterbed and he didn't have to tuck the sheets in too far. lol I just don't think Joe would go for all of those pillows that would have to go with it!

He liked the middle one, because of the stained glass look of the blocks. I think the colors are too girly.

I'm leaning toward giving him the top one- bright and cherful. We used it every spring and summer.

Other than the Good Night Howard which is in Jim's storage... and a big question mark about being able to get to it. Good Night Howard.jpg

Opinions, suggestions please!
    Attached Files
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Any one of them would make a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I’m partial to the second one, the Framed Half Hexie, and I think the colors are perfect....not Girly.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

the second one looks too fractured and the one below not guy's colors. the first one gets my vote but I don't remember the one he said he liked. Big choices!

Comment

This is making me want to make another Good Night Irene... I don't need another quilt!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Night Irene is a beautiful pattern....I love it.

I vote for the first one. I like the colors. However, I agree with Barb that the second one doesn't look "girly" to me.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I like the top one but I love the last one thats in storage. Lol yes no help!!

Comment

I like the bottom one— the one for the water bed. I have to say the stain class quilt struck me as something for girl / woman. I leave pink out when doing guy quilts. You did a great job on all of them!

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              The border on that one is a 5" braid and hot pink on opposite corners. The backing is purple.

What a beautiful dilemma. I'd select the one with the greatest history and story for this gift. Sounded to me like that was the one with the deep border, pillows and all.

Comment

Beautiful quilts and such a decision to make!

I like the first one. The pattern and colors are pretty! Is it the one in storage?

Comment

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                The bottom one is in storage.

The first one is here at the house.

I think the third one and if Joe doesn't want the pillows it would be a memory for you to keep.
              Carlie

Comment

Beautiful quilts! Why don't you just ask him which one he likes?
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MIL wants it to be his Christmas present and a surprise for him. She and I get kind of sneaky like that.

Last year she told me on one of our phone visits that she wanted a new stove, but was going to have to wait to pay off the flooring she'd had put in. I called him the next day and asked if he knew his mom wanted a stove... and to make it happen we'd split the bill three ways (or she'd have a fit). He had no idea she wanted a new stove, but he made it happen.

So if she wants to surprise him, I'm all in! lol, I'd already bought his Christmas present for this year, anyway.

• Hulamoon
                  Hulamoon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh, I see. I pick the first one then. I have a step son and that would be my choice for him.

I don’t have a choice for you but my gosh you make beautiful quilts!

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. I have had a lot of fun making them. lol, Howard wanted a quilt for every season. I did get that done for him.

Absolutely beautiful quilts. I love the first one for all the colors, but the half hexy is a show stopper in itself. I would offer him the choice. The first one would be a hard one for me to part with. My compliments on your quilts. what to do.gif

Comment

If he love a lot of color, I vote for the first one. I love all the colors in that quilt.

Comment

I am not much help, I like them all.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                    X