Welcome Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Thursday

Good morning friends. I am back home. We had a wonderful visit with the family. Got to spend some time with my girl. She was so surprised to see us that I got the biggest hug she has ever given me. We didn't do much except spend time together.

Hubby last night, says What do you want to do tomorrow? What? We just got home, what do you want to do? Nothing I just wanted to know if you wanted to do anything seeing as you work all next week!! I didn't answer.

I really need to finish the binding on Bonnie's quilt, so I may work at that today. I need good light as the binding is black.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning everyone!

Not much sleep happening tonight it seems. I'm still hopeful for a little bit later. I was very tired yesterday and felt it on the long drive home. My poor mama has bad bags under her eyes. I'll be glad when this is all over for her!

Made good headway yesterday with packing and purging. Didn't quite get finished. I was hoping we would so we could both rest today, but we were both too tired to continue. We will be done today and ready for the move tomorrow morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ūüėĀ

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Luck with the move.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with the move tomorrow! I have been there, it is a blessing that your mom is able to be an active participant. I hope she will be very happy -- and well cared for -- in her new place.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, I hope your mom loves her new set up and it'll be great in the end.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cooler this a.m. -- only 42 deg. But I slept well. We're still getting smoke from the fires north of us. It was very hazy yest. It's supposed to be smoky all day today & on into tomorrow. The temp. yest. mostly was in the 70's; it squeaked up 80 briefly. It's supposed to be only in the 60's today.

After our Zoom Bible study yest., I had a quick snack, then headed out on errands. Made stops at the bank, 2 groc. stores, & picked up take-out lunch at Chipotle's. The chicken bowl will make 3 meals for me.

This a.m. I need to mix up my turkey patties. That takes a good 2 hrs. It makes enough for 3 weeks.

Comment

Good Morning All,

I woke up before 6 and rolled over and went back to sleep. I had a napping sleep night. Seems like every time I went to sleep a dream woke me up. I can't remember any of them, now. Oh well.

After Bible Study, we went to a little diner. It used to be a hot dog place that Howard and I liked, close to where Jim and Morgan used to live.I ordered a chili dog. The lady taking the orders made it a chili cheese dog. I took it back. The lady had made a mistake, and remade my hot dog, and gave the one I was given to Nancy. I packed it up for her. The chili was homemade and delicious. They have an extensive breakfast menu. I think Mike will add it to the list of places to go.

Mike's off today. I was thinking about doing laundry, but I think he's planning to do his today. I'll do mine tomorrow while he's at work.

Have a wonderful day.
      Katrina
      ‚ÄúNothing can dim the light which shines from within.‚ÄĚ Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

It was chilly when I took the garbage out, maybe 50 degrees. The high today will be near 60, with thunderstorms later, not sure when -- I think late afternoon or evening.

I have half of the quilting done on my spring twist quilt. If I play my cards right, I should have the quilting finished this weekend. That gives me next week to do the binding. I am right on target to have it finished by Oct. 12. I'm not sure what project will be next. My Texas sister will be in town Oct. 15, not much quilting will be done while she is here.

I got most of my errands done yesterday. I still need to run up to the UPS store. I might do that this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning!

Ended up not doing any sewing yesterday as I was just not into it. I did some non-sewing stuff that needed done which included putting up the fabric I got in yesterday that led to the great escape.

Hope today goes better. Got another email from a vet yesterday and it was nice. Still waiting for one more before we make a final decision. Tomorrow is my eye appointment, and I want to go to the LQS to see about getting some more of the fabric I used in my In One Direction quilt, but it depends on how I feel after the shot. Plus I don't want to leave Patsy alone any longer than we have to.

Have a great day all!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Good Morning to All. Well I managed to finally finish the baby quilt, had to change out the backing, just could not get the previous picked out punch pattern to iron out. But I did take that backing and cut into strips for the binding. In the end it is DONE! Gonna be another hot one today, my plans... grocery store run first thing and then phone calls and then coast the rest of the day.

Well I just checked my priority mail package, can't figure out the method to the madness on how mail moves these days. Mail it 9/22 from CA and it arrived in TN on 9/24. Only about 90 miles from that stop to the local office to process for delivery, roughly a 90 mile trip. Well it took a heck of a scenic route, just got to that office this morning. Hopefully it gets put on the delivery truck today, but I am not holding my breath for sure. I know priority is not guaranteed to be a quick trip, in the past it always has been, think maybe next time I pay extra for an overnight service.

Time for that 2nd cup of coffee and making my grocery list. Will have the two oldest grands tomorrow afternoon until early evening hours and they do pack their appetites when they visit.
            Last edited by Mimi_Howard; October 1, 2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally get what you're saying about shipping! I have water filters on auto- refill three times a year, they send me two filters. Anyway, they shipped from here... in Jacksonville. It left here, went to Orlando, to Mobile, back to Orlando, to Tampa before it finally made it to Jacksonville. The package was a disaster. Needless to say, I have a call to Pelican to make today, once I check the contents of the package. That's just nuts. They could have just called and dropped it off while they were in the neighborhood. I see their truck all the time!

• Mimi_Howard
              Mimi_Howard commented
              Editing a comment
              Amazon prime day delivery for my house.. well it is 2 days later than my dad's house. His house on the main street and mine is a culdesac off the main, I can see his house from my house! They drive by mine to get to his... doesn't make sense.

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is cool again, 47 degrees right now and we aren't going to be moving much, highs are supposed to be around 52. On my weather app for our local weather it shows that we have a frost warning for tonight so I will be covering my tomatoes.

Yesterday went very smooth. Got my injections which went very well. Doctor said I am a good shot taker. The right knee hurt a little more than the left but he said I have something rubbing in that one. I still have some pain, which I expected. The injections won't be fully effective for several weeks. I took a Naproxen to help alleviate some of the pain. The last time I took this med it did help quite a bit so I'm hoping for good results again today. I'm only supposed to use this medicine sparingly as it affects my kidneys adversely.

Not much sewing done yesterday. I did take the scraps I had left over to make a pillow for the Glam Girl quilt. Turned out pretty nice. I'll post pictures when I get them done. I have a few things I want to get done today before I work on some more sewing. I'll try to layer the Glam Girl quilt today and maybe start the quilting on that. I also need to work on the quilting of the Irish Change quilt.

Not much else here. Time for some coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone.
            Carlie

Comment

Good morning,

Thunder cracked over my head last night and woke me a few times. I'm cranky this morning from the sleep interruptions. A good day to stay in my sewing room.

I've ordered the DD for the last two days and then some...It's not like we have snow storms coming and can't go out. It's just fun to get that little package that brightens the day. The pinks were so pretty today and I do have a pattern already for them.

First, I'll work on some pillow cases and a treat bag for DGSon.

Hope your day is happy!

Comment

Good morning. We had a beautiful day yesterday. Today it is cloudy. Rain forecasted for tomorrow morn. I went and had my eyebrows and lip waxed this morn. I go to my Dermatologist’s office. So I feel comfortable taking my mask off.

I made great progress organizing my stamps and dies. I also did sew some more strips on my quilt. I definitely have more energy when the sun is out!

I also reached out to a friend to schedule a time to meet for coffee. It is a good day to sit outside and catch up.
                Have a good day.
                Beth

Comment

Morning. I had to giggle about the thread on shipping and delivery. The Hubs has a hobby business from home and he has been tied in knots this week over a USPS package that seemed to be on a slooooww boat from NJ - 14 day plus journey. Perhaps the 24/7/365 tracking systems have helped him develop a bit of OCD about shipping.

We spent some time in the backyard this morning raking. We're hosting the BIL and wife tomorrow on the patio for burgers. Our backyard looked like we'd been attacked by villains with poison darts. The Ponderosa Pine has been shedding like mad and the needles have rained down like arrows. I think the #1 (and only) son will be over too with his GF. Hoping the air is breathable since my house isn't really big enough to keep social distancing for six.

Enjoy your day.
                  Sandy

Comment

Good morning!! I'm up for work and freezing lol. Drinking coffee to warm up. I'm always cold while everyone else sweats.

I've had interesting things happen at work. They are moving me to a new team which is fine. I'll be switching managers. They are moving my accounts and they are complex so I go with them. We have alot of changes in our department which is making our jobs harder ..so time to move up. I've applied for a couple positions and hope to get interviews! It'll be a big raise and I get to learn new skills. My whole goal when I started 2 years ago was to go as high as I could.

Yesterday Abby had honor society community service, I was working so Daniel took her. It was so nice to be alone. I finished working then cleaned the bathroom, did all the dishes (this is Abbys chore and she was slacking) swept and mopped everywhere. Daniel was likd we should leave you home alone more often ..I was like ok!! Lol I clean but not usually so much in one shot.

Next I'll be clearing off the dining room table to sandwhich Abbys quilt. I was going to sandwhich a few then remembered I'm out of batting. I need to buy a roll. She also wants a halloween mask which I'll get done today. I've been trying to complete all I have cut out before adding more so we'll see. I took tomorrow off since I have too much leave so I'm hoping to sew all day!!

I hope everyone has a blessed day!!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                      Momofmonsters5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks so much!!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good luck -- it sounds like you are the kind of person I would have loved to work with. Get'er done!

• Momofmonsters5
                      Momofmonsters5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Suzanne! I heard back from the hiring manager today. I job shadowed yesterday with someone on her team. I sent her a thank you email today and she replied that she would contact the job recruiter for the next step. I'm excited!!

I'm late -- as usual as mornings I am slower than molasses. Yesterday I had my dental cleaning, and have booked appts to get impressions and a new night guard made. Also we had someone come to give us an estimate for stand-alone generator. He sent over a few estimates for different ones. Thankfully the gas line which is opposite side of house of power box will not have to run along the sides and back of house. We have one room in basement finished with a dropped ceiling. It happens to be close to gas meter, so they can run through ceiling of basement, through garage, out to side behind shed. Yeah - cheaper option and wont look ugly. Wont even see it. We are anticipating power outages, even for a small time, we don't want to be displaced, especially now. Also, I would totally love to live off the grid, but this would be very expensive to convert all.

Today, the cats PJ & Sox had appts with the vet. Their usual appts didn't happen, so felt it was time for check-up. PJ needs blood work every 2 yrs because of the meds he's on. This time, she decided to do bloodwork on Sox as well as he has lesions in his neck from this summer. Also he is almost 19 lbs, and she is concerned for diabetes. So he got full work up, also a med to take to hopefully reduce lesions and bumps. PJ had similar before, but those meds didn't work for Sox.

I finished a 9 patch/hourglass quilt and hand sewing the binding. I think I will load 2 VQC quilts on LA . I will sew the backings together. The batting is already one long piece. I will see if this really saves any time, or more of a pain. I am learning a lot, because I keep making mistakes and have to figure out how to fix it. Its all about learning now. Tomorrow my GF is coming over and she wanted to help load. We might just enjoy catching up and having a cappuccino.

Enjoy your evening.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• KPH
                      KPH commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love the 9 patch/ hour glass quilt. I made my Christmas quilt with that pattern.
                  Working...
                  X