Deadly Salad Vegetable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadly Salad Vegetable

Last night we had some much-needed rain here in Connecticut. It was pretty windy, too, with scattered power outages. Today my DD the Kindergarten teacher posted the following:

"Miss M., there was a tomato at my house, so we had to go in the basement."
    "....Oh, okay. Then what happened?"
    "The power wented out, and my daddy said we gotted to go in the basement."
    "Oh, did the power go out because of the wind and rain last night?"
    "No, it was because of the tomato."
    "....A tomato made your power go out?"
    "Yeah, cuz it was spinning around and around."
    "....OH. A tornado??"
    "Yeah! A tomato."

That is so cute and I’ll bet the little one was so totally serious. I’ll bet it was hard not to laugh at her reply. I would have had to leave the room.
    Carlie

Comment

Oh my goodness, when will she be publishing her book?? I just love her stories!!!

Comment

I just read this to my DH and we both had a good laugh. I'll watch out more carefully for tomatoes in the future.

Comment

This is priceless!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Your daughter must be so good at holding in her laughter when the students come up with these stories. I can just picture the kids saying this stuff oh so seriously while your daughter is just cracking up inside! Keep 'em coming. We ALL need a good laugh these days!

Comment

Haha, too funny! Out of the mouths of babes. Too precious!

Reminds me of the time when a grade 2 boy came up to me and told me about his dad coming home on the weekend from a trip and bringing him back a toy. I asked him about the toy and where his dad went. Response....." He went to Vagina". Stifling a snicker, looking slightly puzzled and curious I asked him, "Where did he go??" He said... " To Vagina....and Edmonton." " Ohhhhh!", I said. " You mean REgina." I get back..." No....VAGINA!!" At this point I'm about to lose it so I just said... " I hope he had a nice trip! " and left the room quickly to quietly laugh my guts out. 🤣🤣🤣
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
              X