Wednesday Hellos! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I see Monique was here long enough to share her pics, but she must not have had time to start the daily thread. So I'll get us started on this last day of Sept. Where did the summer go?! My older son has a birthday on Fri., so I need to get a card in the mail pronto.

Yest. was a beautiful day. It got warmer than predicted. It was 87 deg. at our house. It's to be in the 70's today with smoke. I could smell it during the night; I sleep with an open window.

I've had 2 med. zucchini in my frig. for a while. I decided it was time to use them for some zucchini bread yest. afternoon. I looked for recipes on line. I couldn't find mine & there were no recipes in my various cookbooks. I printed off 3 from the internet & made a few adjustments. It made 2- 9x5 loaves. Pretty good. I'd make a few slight changes next time. It's sliced & in the freezer; I eat it sparingly.

I watched the presidential debate last eve. I could make some comments about that, but won't.

This a.m. is our weekly Bible study on Zoom at 9:15. Then I need to run to the groc. store for a few things. Happy Hump Day!

Good morning. Very cloudy here this morning after a windy, rainy night. It woke me a few times.

We had a very nice visit with John and Rob Monday/Tuesday. It was a beauriful day up there on Monday and I got to take a walk down by the lake with Rob and Auggie. It was nice to get away for a day.

I am making eggplant parmesan for dinner tonight. Other than that, nothing definite is on the to do list. I will probably spend a bit of time in the sewing room too and see what calls my name.

Haveca good day everyone.

Last edited by Ginny B; September 30, 2020, 07:30 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Thank you to everyone who posted a birthday greeting for me yesterday, and a big thank you to Bubby for getting that thread started. What a lovely birthday surprise from an amazing community! It really made me smile. DH and I watched old vacation videos. I had 1/2 cappuccino, a bit of dark chocolate, and a big piece of homemade pizza I made. I'm suffering already, but it was worth it lol. First yummy stuff in weeks. I'm sooooo tired of oatmeal amd almonds! Phone calls, emails and messages from friends and family filled the day. A wonderful birthday was had. DH and I weren't doing birthday gifts this year, but he surprised me with a new embroidery kit and an apothecary drawer cabinet he made and hung in my craft nook. It's beautiful! He is a very thoughtful gift giver...always has been.

As promised, I spent yesterday in PJs, only dressing for an evening walk with hubby. It was warm and beautiful out yesterday! The roofers were here, so I spent a lot of it inside chilling instead of being near them. Got a bit done on my mama's wreath. Hubby and I spent quite some time searching the garage for my box of fall decorations, to no avail. Not sure what happened to them. I don't really want to hit the dollar store, but may have to.

Need to see mama's Dr this morning to get form signs. I'm the first appointment, so leaving home at 6:30am as I will hit rush hour on the highway full on. More packing after that. Got her phone sorted yesterday. Things are coming along.

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        Missed the thread "announcing" your birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful one. Happy Belated Birthday!

• baslp
        baslp commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Belated Birthday, sounds like you had a great day.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ladies!

Good Morning All,

It's in the LOW 60s here this morning! Whoot Whooot! OK, I'm excited about a little nip in the air, and I know it won't last. After being in the low 90s yesterday, I'll take it however I can get it. lol

Yesterday was busy, getting things for the trip. I have to do everything when Mike has a day off, so he was kind of excited about being out. Kept asking, is there anything else??? lol, I'm sure there is but that will be on next week's list. Yesterday was mostly about things for Gabby. Her dry food is packed in daily ziplock bags, treats are in ziplocks. The only thing I haven't figured out completely is her bone broth. I'll work that out this week.

My ride for Bible Study will be here soon. Take care.

PS> Joy, the debates... my only comment is "Oh my". Martha (cousin) posted a verse from Jeremiah this morning. It was perfect. I'll look it up when I get home.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Thus says the LORD, “Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises loving kindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD.”
        —Jeremiah 9:23-24

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        What a great Bible verse, Katrina. Thanks for sharing.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        And oh, how appropriate right now!

Good Morning to All. Spent couple hours sewing yesterday and about 4 hours seam ripping. Operator error! It was a spiral quilt pattern and even though I have done it before, this time what could go wrong went wrong. So regroup and pick a different pattern.

Couple of HOT days here so outside work will have to wait for couple more days. I will have the older grands Friday afternoon so I will have helpers.

So I will start the day once again in The Stitchery and see if I can get this little baby quilt done... for the last time...🤐

Hope all have a safe and happy sewing day!

Comment

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you mean about "operator error." I was making a paper-pieced block last night and had decided to use the back side of some orange flowered fabric because it looked more like a solid. But of course, I kept flipping the fabric over. Had to pick out a couple of seams, and caught myself just before sewing a couple more times. There is something about the "upside down and backwards" construction of paper pieced blocks that causes me so much confusion.

Good morning!

We're having a grey start to the day here. Predicted high is 63 and windy. When I first moved into my house, the windows on the three-season were old and had issues. You could hear the wind howl through them like a haunted house. I had the windows replaced a few years ago and all is quiet now. Sometimes, though, I miss the howling.

My sister and I had a good visit with Mom yesterday. It was a little chilly, so they had us sit in the sunshine in the parking lot. The visit just flew by! We went for a short drive in the Metroparks afterwards and got take-out from Raising Cane's. The chicken was very good.

I need to go to the vet's today to pick up a refill for the bunny's medication. That will take a good hour -- the vet is about a half an hour away. On the way back I will stop off at the local Fresh Thyme. I am really starting to wonder why I bother trying to buy greens at Giant Eagle. They are either out of what I need or what they have is poor quality. After that, I need to drop off a package at UPS.

But first, it's time for breakfast and another cup of tea. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning,

The coffee isn't so good this morning. I was distracted filling the water last night and didn't get the full measure of water in. It was stand up the spoon coffee and I'm out of cream. Sigh!

I found a pretty tree skirt panel on the back pages of the Christmas fabrics that I'll order with the DD. I need to find my list to see what other fabrics are on it before the final click of the order button. It is supposed to be rainy here for the next few days so perhaps some stitching will happen.

Joy, the zucchini bread sounds delicious.

Ginny, Nice that you had a little get away with family.

HBH, That sounds like the perfect birthday celebration. Best wishes as you work through the moving plans.

Happy Wednesday and Stitches to all!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was a pretty nice day around mid 60's. It did not get down into the 30's as I thought it was supposed to, only in the upper 40's. Right now it is 51 and it not supposed to get much over 60. Tomorrow they are forecasting 35 for a low. Dave and I talked about the tomatoes and he said it is supposed to get warm again after this little cold snap so we will cover the tomatoes for tomorrow night and let the tomatoes grow a little more. They are definitely slowing down, not too many left on the vine, may a couple dozen (we have 3 plants for large tomatoes and 1 cherry tomato). The cherry tomato plant is pretty much done.

I have the Glam Girl quilt top finished and will probably work on layering it today depending on how my knees feel. Today is the day, finally! I will be leaving here in the next half hour to go get my injections. Last night I sat for too long in the sewing room and when I got up I had to take it real slow. Once I get going it gets better. The doctor said it is because the knee lubricates itself when moving. But, he also told me not to do a lot of walking as it can also aggravate the situation. I am going to have to find a happy medium. Originally he suggested to exercise in pool but with COVID the pool is closed and I have exema that is acting up so cannot use a pool.

If I cannot be on my feet too much today I will probably do some of the quilting for the Irish Change and tonight I'll set downstairs with Dave and work on the embroidery on the dishtowels for my oldest granson.

I'm ready for a quick cup of coffee before I head off to the doctor's office. Have a great day everyone.
          Carlie

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            Injections went great. In fact the doctor said I am an awesome shot taker. I evidently relax more than some and so I think it was easier to give me the injections.

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck with your injections. I hope you get much relief from your pain for a long time.

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear they went great Carlie. Must be such a relief!

Morning all,

Had a bit of rain last night and a sprinkle this morning but seems to be clearing up and the sun will make it's presence

. A friend of my husbands is stopping by this morning for recommendations on a sewing machine for his daughter for Christmas. She does do some quilting but also makes a lot of bags so what she may be looking for may not be the same as what would be on my list. So I will give him some general things to look for such as how much space to the right of the needle, walking foot, sews through many thicknesses and so forth.

Have to give some thought to the old what's for dinner tonight. Last night I made a sweet and sour chicken with an oriental rice too bad there are no leftovers as it was good!

Hope to get a bit of time in the sewing room. I have had no motivation during the pandemic to see but the holidays are coming so I better get myself in gear. There is something special I would like to make for my granddaughter.

Will wish everyone a good day!

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Morning,
            I'd definitely take a bite of that zucchini bread.

It's another smoky smelly day in Denver. I haven't heard whether I have a gal for my tutoring slot this afternoon. I work with a non-profit and tutor teen moms working on their GEDs. COVID has been hard on this demographic and I haven't had as many gals sign up. So I think I'll give my Scottie a trim while I wait to hear. He's a bit overgrown. Attaching a pic of him for grins. He's quite the fishing dog as you can see. He struggles with the concept of "catch and release" and the boat does not go out unless First Mate Tobias MacGregor is aboard.

If no tutoring, I'll head to the sewing room. I'm so pleased with the way my blocks are turning out. I never thought I could be so accurate in my stitching. Just goes to show that practice, videos, tips, practice, videos and tips and practice do make a difference.

Sandy

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• minipinlady
              minipinlady commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful blocks, love the colors. The dog is priceless , great picture.

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Toby rdaughter minds me of our first dachshund, Snuffer. She lived going fishing as well. Would bark like crazy when the bobber went down and would attack the fish once it was in the boat. My grandparents took her all the time when they went up north (northern Minnesota) fishing.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice looking block!

Good morning. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday. Today is cooler and sunny. I had a dental appt yesterday to get my teeth cleaned. They are only only exams and removing tarter manually. It didn’t take very long.

I have been feeling rather down these past few days. My DH has been at the hospital operating quite a bit. He leaves before I get up and comes home after I have gone to bed. I made myself sew a few more blocks for my quilt. I organized my stamping dies. I just need to start a project. I need to reach out and schedule a coffee date w a friend.

I am planning on taking the pug on a number of walks today. I think we both need the excercise and sun.

Beth

Comment

Good Morning Everyone. I feel a little droopy this morning. I’m not even dressed yet but I ate breakfast. Jeff is outside with the Girls.

Not sure what my plan is for the day. I made a pot of cabbage roll soup yesterday and it was quite good. The next time I make it I will cut down on the rice so it doesn’t soak up so much of the broth. Luckily I had extra beef broth on hand. I also baked some homemade dinner rolls. Jeff was a happy camper.

We watched the debate last night. Words escape me....

I will check in later. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited by Bubby; September 30, 2020, 11:45 AM.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning friends. I didn't watch the debate last night, sounds like that was a good decision.
                I was doing some walking foot stitch in the ditch yesterday and got most of the lines sewn and was doing a stitch around the border when my sewing machine upper tension went crazy. I fooled around with it a good bit and it only got worse so I called it a day. I couldn't help thinking I was either in for a big repair bill or a new machine since the tension setting is computer controlled. I fiddled with it this morning, changed both the bobbin and upper thread and did a short seam. It seemed to be OK so I hope that will be the case when I go back to the real job at hand. I do not want to buy another machine if I don't have to, still paying on the Juki sit down.😮 The balance has shrunk and I could pay it off but since there is no interest I have let it pay monthly.
                I wanted to mention that I bought the beautiful Moda Arboretum metallic layer cake recently and it is some of the most gorgeous fabric I have ever seen. Now what to do with it???
                Tomorrow a friend and I are going to help clean out my recently deceased friends sewing room. This is going to be difficult I am afraid. At least her daughters have gotten what they wanted so I won't feel too badly about getting some things. I know there are blocks for a Linus quilt for me to finish which will be a good feeling.

Comment

• minipinlady
                  minipinlady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your friend's sewing room will be a room filled with her energy, may it bring you some comfort. A sewing room is always a lovely place to feel better.

Sewing is going to be the priority today. After last night I need something to cleanse my mind. (No more on that from me!)

I think I'm going to start on a project that is a double nine patch using some of my repro fabrics. There are four blocks with sashing, each measuring 18 inches square. The center of each block is another nine patch.
                D(P.JPG

Patsy is closer to having a permanent doctor. I got back a very detailed response to my email missive I sent out from one of the candidates, and looking over their reviews I have to say I didn't see any that were negative. Their pricing for what Patsy will need every month is more than reasonable, plus they will allow us to buy our medicine from wherever we want. I still have two more responses to get back (one said they are not taking on any new clients now...guess more vets are swamped due to the pandemic as that is two I know of around here who aren't), but right now the one yesterday is leading the pack, so to speak.

I'm thinking spaghetti for supper tonight and making some Italian garlic breadsticks. I found a recipe online that closely mimics the sticks you get at Olive Garden, but have little sodium content. I use a pasta sauce that has hardly any sodium in it, and I use Dreamfields pasta, which doesn't seem to cause my blood sugar to spike after eating it. The last time we had spaghetti, my blood sugar was 110 before dinner and two hours afterward had only gone up to 130.

Have a great day all!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rob ~ You must be on some powerful diabetes meds. for your postrandial glucose to rise so little. I seldom eat spaghetti -- usually will have the sauce w/o the pasta. Pasta makes my blood sugar sky rocket.

• Rob the HOAQ
                  Rob the HOAQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dreamfields is marketed as an answer to people who can't eat pasta because of the carbs. It isn't supposed to affect your glycemic index very much. It has many detractors who call it a fraud, but all I can say is the results I get from it are exactly what I describe. Given that I usually end up taking about 10 to 12 units of Novolog after a meal, I bump it up to about 20 when I eat it and my sugar after two hours has never been higher than maybe 30 or so points, and that's with eating bread.

Interestingly, after my quadruple bypass, my cardiologist told me to eat pasta (within reason, of course) as much as i wanted because of its low fat properties. And yes, he knew I was diabetic.

Rob

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I take only 1/2 tab. of Metformin 500 mg. twice a day with meals. I try to watch my carbs. I had Mexican for lunch, which included rice & beans, so I can tell it. Sometimes I take an Alpha Lipoic Acid, but I have to use those sparingly, as they affect my reflux. Green tea also lowers blood sugar.

Have to wait around on a follow up call from the surgeon today. Strange world we are in now, when doctors call you to keep you away from their offices , lol. Seems like a good day to rearrange and reorganize my sewing room. Yesterday I had my first ever case of cabin fever grab me. My house was shrinking ! lol, seriously a surprise to feel the house was too small. I always loved the hermit style life here.
                I play Eeverquest2 online , so last night when a lot of people ran for their tvs to watch the debate, I found game world quite peaceful, lol. I had a feeling I wouldn't miss anything on the TV set. I had read about the french canadian woman sending him hate mail, then about the one who is a nurse in Que. treating the native woman badly before the woman passed away. News gets depressing, so today is a no tv day, It will be just pretty fabrics and threads day. I made a quilt top yesterday . I had some scraps I put together , than cut into circles to applique to to 10 inch squares. Kind of like the result. I doubt I would make another one.
                Still waiting on my book Five and Dime in the mail. I have about 200 squares finished , so waiting on book to decide what I will use those for.
                Have a really nice day. sewing happiness.gif

Comment

Working...
                X