95 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 years old

My best friends mother (who is living in the home of my best friend) will be 95 in November. I'm wanting to get her something but at a loss of what to get her. She doesn't need a quilt....they have more than they need. I was thinking of making her some small thing but not sure what to make. She really does not need anything but I want to send a small token to let her know I love her & wishing her a happy birthday. If I can't come up with something I might send over a nice card & box of chocolate candy. I know she likes candy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I sent my Dad a bowl cozie and mask out of funny print he would like. He's the same ..doesn't need anything but i wanted to send him something he's 81.

Comment

If you're at all comfortable in the kitchen, how about making her some candy? Given the time of year, divinity and/or fudge might be appropriate, or whatever else you think she might like.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• osewme
        osewme commented
        Editing a comment
        This sounds like a good idea as I love to be in the kitchen making cookies/candy/cakes, etc. Cooking regular meals does not thrill me but baking/candy making is a thrill for me. Great idea & thanks!

I don't know if you are near her, but I think if you could possibly take her to lunch, that would be awesome. If this isn't possible due to covid, maybe have lunch delivered to her from her favorite place. I find that as we age, we don't need things, but the joy of spending time with friends is priceless.

Comment

Rock painting and hiding is so big right now and she might not have even heard of it! You could paint her a small rock saying Happy Birthday and the number 95 and then you could explain to her that this is "a thing" right now, and she might think that's kind of cool. I think it is great you want to do something for her.

Comment

Wrap up a jar of Hersey Hugs with a directions to have a Hug a Day from you.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            I am stealing this idea for christmas for my two youngest grands. They love the kisses. Sure they will love the hugs too! Now how in the world could their mommie deny them a Mimi hug... LOL

• jjkaiser
            jjkaiser commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it! This idea should be the Winner!!!

• osewme
            osewme commented
            Editing a comment
            I like this idea a lot. I may find her a pretty mug (95 birthday mug) and fill it with the hugs & kisses.

In this moment in time, any of below
          a food parcel of special things she likes, but cannot easily get.
          a fabric birthday card that turns into a little mat might be another idea,
          fire extinguisher for the cake covered in candles, honestly icing sugar can be dangerous with 70 candles on never mind 95.
          a party held over zoom with friends and family
          a birthday cake
          an ebook that speaks a good yarn /story.
          roller skates.
          funny presents may be a talking teddy to an days hire of an electric motor pedal assist bicycle.

Comment

I was thinking wow 95! That means she was born in 1925. I found a company that makes cards with interesting facts from 'years'.

https://www.zazzle.com/fun_facts_bir...56127230779975

There are probably more things like that if you like that direction.

Another idea

https://www.ebay.com/i/383680711261?...b747394afff539
            Last edited by Hulamoon; September 29, 2020, 10:12 PM.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• osewme
              osewme commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for these links. I like the mugs & might just use one to fill with Hershey Hugs & Kisses.

At that age I dare say things from the past would be welcome, a basket with home made breads, and a lb of real butter. Supermarket foods can be tasteless. Or music from her youth , things that make her feel young again instead of older. cat-headphones-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

How about a feather boa? Every young lady needs one!

boa.jpg
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

• osewme
                osewme commented
                Editing a comment
                How fun is that!

When my dear friend's mother turned 90, I made her an accordian type card, using my limited scrapbooking skills, to showcase her past year with family and friends. My GF provided the photos that I cropped & printed. Her mom keeps it on her nightstand. I really enjoyed doing this as it was just so much fun.
              Diana Grey

Comment

Working...
              X