Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I remember Monique saying yest. she might not be on this a.m. So here goes. I suspect Katrina might be posting at the same time. LOL

Not much to report, really. Yest. a.m. was taken up with baking the bread. I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry. It was a bright sunny day & it's supposed to be nice today, too, maybe up to 80 deg. The extended forecast looks great. Mostly 70's, with an occas. 80. Cool at night. It's 42 this a.m.

I still haven't made it to the sewing room. I just can't seem to get motivated. I've been feeling tired. I have an echocardiogram coming up on Friday. I asked my dr. about it when I had my wellness check. I just want to make sure my valve function is okay. My L. knee is some better, but the arthritis in my hands bothers me a lot. I tend to drop things. My small motor activity in my fingers is not what it should be.

Well, DH is waiting for breakfast, so I need to get on with day.

Good Morning...It’s very chilly this morning and we had to run the furnace to take the chill off the house.

Jeff killed a copperhead snake yesterday that was coiled up on our front door mat. It’s a very good thing that he saw it before he stepped on it. There have been warnings on the local news that there are more copperheads this year than normal. They have such good camouflage that they are very hard to see until it’s too late.

I pulled out another UFO to work on yesterday. Now I remember why it became a UFO. Life is too short to spend so many hours on something you don’t like. We shall see... I think I’m only going to make throw and smaller size quilts from now on. I took two huge quilts to my quilter yesterday and they should be my last big quilts. I also enjoy making miniature quilts and I may pursue making a few more.

Joy, I feel your pain with the arthritic hands. My last steroid shots helped very little. As you know, some days are better than others. Good luck with your trip to the doctor.

I have to come up with something for dinner today because we ate the last of our leftovers last night. I think a pot of homemade soup sounds good and maybe some homemade bread or rolls.

Have a creative day everyone.

Last edited by Bubby; September 29, 2020, 07:37 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Snake! On your doorstep!? Nope.

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Count me in as another vote for no snakes on the porch, or in the yard for that matter.

rob

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes -- I'm glad we dont have many snakes here. Well I think we do, but they aren't living in the suburbs.

Good Morning All,

I slept in, Joy. Of course it was my fault, I had too much caffeine after lunch yesterday. I paid for it last night by not getting anywhere near sleepy until after 2. Oh well, Mike is off today. We'll have a couple of errands to run. I made reservations yesterday, cancelled reservations and made new reservations at the campground Jim's family is staying at. It's a two bedroom cabin with a bathroom. It's more expensive than the hotel, but I wasn't thrilled about the hotel, either.

I called Uncle Darrell and after talking to him, I had a good cry. He's showing signs of aging, missing Aunt MaryLou, and dementia. We'll stop and see him on the way up on Monday, Oct 12. Talked to Aunt Jean and Aunt Alma, we'll stop and see them on the way to Charlotte. Talked to Aunt Catherine and Uncle Bill, we'll see them and hopefully, Melinda and Russell when we're in Charlotte. Mike can see Jerrod and Chris while we're there. I'm sure I'll be ready to go home by then. I know I want to make a trip to the thread store while I'm in the Gastonia area. It's going to be weird seeing all of these people without hugging! We're definitely going to be taking precautions all along the way.

It's supposed to be another rainy day around here. The clouds are a big hint that the forecast maybe correct. I better start on my pick up list while I'm thinking about it.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Editing a comment
      I'm happy that your trip is shaping up. Please be careful -- you are travelling and coming across a lot of people. Be safe. Enjoy your visit.

Good Morning Joy and all who follow,

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Spent some time with Natalie helping her with some school work. Left here around 12:30 to take her home as she had an appointment with her case worker. Jennifer felt, and I agree, it was very important that she talk with her case worker because of the incident on Saturday (running away). Natalie did talk a little with Dave and told him she thinks that she was just very tired. Natalie seems to be very impulsive and it gets worse when she isn't on her ADHD meds and especially when she is tired. Right now she is simply not thinking things through. Hopefully her case worker can help guide her a little better. Mom sure needed a break.

No sewing yesterday, I got home from taking Natalie home and stopped at Menards to pick up some items for Dave and I no more than got into the store when the heavens opened up and it poured. It took me about 5 minutes to find what I needed and by the time I checked out it was only sprinkling. Dave said it had rained a little off and on while I was gone. I got home about 3:30. He didn't get very much work done on the siding yesterday. Today is supposed to be in the middle 60's. Yesterday didn't get out of the 50's. Looks like we will be flirting with frost in the next couple of days so I'm going to pull the rest of the tomatoes today and set out those not ripe on the patio to sit for a bit and take care of those that are already ripe.

Think I'll wash the bedding today also and change the "summer" bedspread to the one I use all winter. Hopefully I'll be able to switch between my Sunbonnet Sue (which I usually use all winter) and my sampler which I hope to have back sometime before Christmas. I am planning on getting to the sewing room this afternoon to get the borders on the Glam Girl quilt for Debi (my daughter's best friend). Once I get that completed I'll get it layered and hopefully can get to quilting it. I'd like to get it done as soon as possible. Poor girl is going through so much. I also need to start quilting the Irish Change but would like to get this one done for Debi first.

Time for some coffee and breakfast before I start the laundry. Have a great day everyone!
    Carlie

Comment

Morning all,

Was up a few times last night, I pulled my back out and couldn't find a comfortable position for sleeping. Sat in the recliner about 3 am and started answering some e-mails and perusing YouTube for some new recipes for the crockpot.

Today looks to be a bit overcast, the sun may make an appearance later.

I ordered a few things from M* last week so I will be looking forward to receiving those packages. I didn't get in the sewing room yesterday but maybe I'll get up there for a bit today.

Trying something new for dinner tonight a sweet and sour chicken and some teriyaki rice. Seems we eat the same things all the time and meal planning can get boring so we'll see how we like this meal tonight.

Well, I hear my husband moving around so time to fire up the Keurig and get some breakfast going.

Barb, my biggest fear is snakes. So glad we didn't see any while we were with you. Glad Jeff saw it before he stepped on it.

Wish everyone a good day!

If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Cathy, I’m not a snake lover myself. I’m okay if I can see them but when they startle me it’s psycho time for me. I’m very glad we didn’t encounter any when you and Barry were here. I think the flash flood was quite enough excitement for one trip.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch! Hope your back feels better soon Cathy!

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, I'd rather that flash flood we went through than a snake any day. Although I have never seen rain like we were in that night in all my life!

Good morning!

It's going to be a cooler day today, with a high around 65. It's going to be a little chilly for our porch visit with Mom this morning. My sister and I usually go to lunch after our visit. A new drive through restaurant opened up -- Raising Cane's. All they serve are chicken fingers, a couple of different sides and the usual beverages. Since my sister's go-to meal at restaurants is always chicken, I thought we could give it a try.

I started quilting my spring twist quilt yesterday. So far, so good! I went with the slightly larger design, so there will be fewer hoops. I haven't had any issues with the pinwheel centers yet. I have actually been pretty lucky, the design has been stitching near, but not over, the centers. I will work on it later today. My goal is to have the quilt finished before my Texas sister visits Oct. 15.

Time to log back in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        I hope you have a good visit with your mom.

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Raising Cane's is fairly popular in south LA and TX. Something about the batter they dip the chicken fingers in. I try to stay away because nothing on their menu is close to being healthy or weight watcher friendly, but it does taste good.

Good morning everyone!

Didn't go to mama's to pack yesterday. She was exhausted. Hadn't slept all night after many days of not sleeping much. I thought it was best that she get some rest. She told me later that evening that she had a little cry. All these quick changes had gotten to her. That made me cry. I told her that it's not too late to change her mind, but she insists that she's ready to move and that it's for the best. I agree. Still...very hard to leave most of your things and your home behind for moving to a facility in a new town, without your spouse. That being said, she will be closer to both of us and will get to see us more often. It'll take time to adjust though.

I spent all day on the phone yesterday continuing with her arrangements and taking over some she was going to do, just to give her more rest. Got a lot of things checked off that long list. Things are taking a bit longer, as I need to submit the POA for everything, but we are getting there.

Today is my birthday and I am taking the day off! Aside from one time sensitive task...getting mama's phone switched over...I am relaxing and maybe crafting in my pyjamas today! Lol. I want to make a fall wreath for mama's new apartment door. No chores, no work....just chilling. I need it too! Need to restore my energy for a very busy and emotional rest of the week!

The California fires are sending more smoke our way by tomorrow, I was reading in the news this morning. Those poor people down there are not getting a break. I hope the fires die down soon. A bit of discomfort on our end is nothing compared to what they all are dealing with.

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        201 Treadler commented
        Editing a comment
        A very Happy Birthday to you, wishing your day be a happy one.
        T

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        My experience has been that when the parent is ready, and they are accepted, its best to move. I have so many friends who waited so long to get into care, that it was really difficult on the entire family. And when the person had dementia, it was even more difficult to adjust. Best that she go when she can enjoy some of the activities, make friends for later.
        Luckily my mom has never been a 'materialistic or sentimental" about things. She had no problem, and neither do I about de-cluttering and downsizing.

Take the day to enjoy your birthday

• KarenC
        KarenC commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday!

Originally posted by JCY View Post
      Good Morning, Everyone ~ I remember Monique saying yest. she might not be on this a.m. So here goes. I suspect Katrina might be posting at the same time. LOL

Not much to report, really. Yest. a.m. was taken up with baking the bread. I ended up doing 4 loads of laundry. It was a bright sunny day & it's supposed to be nice today, too, maybe up to 80 deg. The extended forecast looks great. Mostly 70's, with an occas. 80. Cool at night. It's 42 this a.m.

I still haven't made it to the sewing room. I just can't seem to get motivated. I've been feeling tired. I have an echocardiogram coming up on Friday. I asked my dr. about it when I had my wellness check. I just want to make sure my valve function is okay. My L. knee is some better, but the arthritis in my hands bothers me a lot. I tend to drop things. My small motor activity in my fingers is not what it should be.

Well, DH is waiting for breakfast, so I need to get on with day.
      Hope your hands feel better soon Joy, so that you can get back to sewing! It's so hard living with arthritis. I am thankful mine hasn't gone into my hands yet. My wrists have started to bother me a bit with certain prolonged tasks, so I'm sure it won't be too long from now when it's my turn.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good morning,

Another sleepy quilter here. I didn't wake until 8:30 this morning which is late for me. Maybe I was dreaming of all the fun projects to make for DGS. My visit at the LQS yesterday resulted in 13 yards of fabrics mixed between dinosaurs, bones, and Halloween. The best part was using a rebate card so my bill was $44. I like that kind of shopping. I'll make him some theme pillow cases and a treat bag. We are going to do a treat hunt in our back yard instead of the traditional Trick/Treat this year.

I need to finish the embroidery project this morning. Then it's an office day later. Happy Stitches!

Joy, Best wishes for your test on Friday.

Bubby, Thank goodness that snake is gone!

Comment

Good Morning to All. Signing the papers at the escrow company yesterday was quick and easy. Date for closing is set for Oct. 14th. So the waiting game continues. And of course a new list of things to do, utilities to cancel, insurance company (home owner policy) notified, etc. What would life be without our lists?

Today is a stay in my jammie day! Need a mental break. Start by sewing and see what comes after that.

Coffee and on with my day.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too Mimi. Enjoy your day!

Hi everyone,
          Thought just pop in am feeling a bit overdone with ailments today so its a duvet day,
          its been quite nice these last few days, even the sun has been shining, windows open to let in the warmth, a glass jar and paper to guide the critters back out. Although today there be more flying objects then am willing to gather back up so windows are closed.

Am told our garbage bin looks same as another, so been looking for a sticker, had a merry time, here are two of the favourites, but the first may seem cheeky to the council, although tempted.🤣
          the second may attract the wrong attention on the road side.
          innocent but made me laugh.
          There were many inspiring quotes but perhaps a simple flower may do.

Finally decided on a carry implement for the sewing related tools, use between sewing machines, things like pin cushion, seam ripper, travel iron, presser feet, rotary cutter ect. anyway the best thing for me turned out to be a very large metal bread bin with a lift up lid not the same one but similar, gave it 3 coats of car polish before loading, am happy that all fits in and its reduces the journeys, looks tidy sits by sewing machine when looks scratched can either rattle tin paint or vinyl coat Fablon (there is fake tiles now).
          Tried a new shampoo too this week it was 89 pence for a bottle of tea tree, all is well with the shampoo, until rinse out, it makes bath/ shower more slippy than an ice rink, yes there was some strange balance poses, while locating the shower stool but had to hold on as that it went slippy too, that was a weird experience, makes you wonder what the more costly brands add in to stop that happening, it is the first time experienced such lack of grip, am thankful survived intact, less the extra spoons.😮🤭 hair actually looks and feels great, perhaps now aware will wash hair over bath rather than be in it while use bottle up.

We have had a marathon baking session a gf large loaf, 6 bread buns, a pizza base, then some scones, never been good at normal gluten scones, we used 2 recipes mis mashed together, they turned out great, both found was tiring, but sure nice to be shrinking again eating own bread ect., makes me wonder whats in the prefab gf bread to cause that.
          good luck on Friday Joy with appointment. hope hands feel better soon, have been reading the reviews about hemp cream on amazon, am still on fence.
          Thank goodness the snakes gone.
          have a great day everyone.
          T

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I always enjoy reading your adventures, trying to understand your slang expressions is fun.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Editing a comment
            I think I like the 2nd saying, but agree it could be too <risky> for some. funny.

Morning!

The soup I made for supper yesterday turned out really good. Plus, even with the salt I added the sodium content was 170 mg per serving rather than the 815 (or so) mg per serving that Campbell's offers. It will definitely go into the rotation, especially since the weather is getting cooler.

Patsy continues to show how one 48 pound hound can completely turn a house upside down. She is settling in to our routine and generally sleeps through the night, which it took Droopy much longer to do. She fusses when Cheryl leave for work, but this morning she jumped into my chair and immediately fell asleep. We both woke up when I got a text from her foster just wondering how she is doing. IMG_20200928_163319161.jpg No, I replied, she's not spoiled at all.

No sewing got done at all yesterday. I just didn't have it in me. I'm thinking about starting another project today, but I'm not going to push myself too hard. I've got to find a vet for Patsy, and I sent four emails yesterday to local ones, but I figure it will be a few days before any respond.

Have a great day all!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            No, she's not getting spoiled at all, lol. Gina

• Paisley
            Paisley commented
            Editing a comment
            She looks like you! Tan around the forhead and a little dark and gray around the mouth 🤣

• Nwmnteacher
            Nwmnteacher commented
            Editing a comment
            Such a sweet photo!

I am late to the party today. Maizyn stayed overnight last night (which she usually doesn't during the week). I made her favorite for breakfast this morning, pancakes with m&m in them. She loved them. She told me this morning that I am the BEST pancake maker, LOL!! I drove her home this morning so she could 'attend' school from home. She is coming back tonight again for another sleepover. Hubby and I stopped and did a little shopping. Picked up sausages for supper and I brought real sauerkraut with me (the one they make for our Oktoberfest which we are not having this year.

I might have a nap in a little while.

Thanks Joy for starting the thread this morning. You could probably do it again tomorrow morning as I don't expect I will be here early.

Have a great day everyone.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good day everyone,

Late -- no matter Monique, we're here. Yesterday was busier than expected. The furnace guy came to clean in the morning, so I had time to run errands to pick up Rx and groceries. I am stocking up on canned goods, I usually do this in the fall as there are good prices. And this year, who knows what we can expect. Our numbers have been rising so our province is looking at rolling back to phase 2. This means dining-in restaurants and bars gone. Still can do patios and take out, but our temps are getting too cool for patios on some days. The entire list will be posted, soon so not sure about services like massage therapist, gyms. We will adapt again. We went to my GF for dinner. It was nice not to cook and eat inside. She has not had outside contacts, except for store clerks, so not too worried. For my friends in Ontario, Pat had picked up some pumpkin pecan tarts at Farm Boy. Ooooh -- I am going to get some to freeze. They are delicious.

Tonight we will do an outdoor visit at DH's son's place. The GKs are at home with dad who works from home, but DIL works in a HS, so we are not taking chances as #s are increasing since kids went back to school in Sept.

Tomorrow I have my semi-annual dental check-up. I think I will ask him to make a new nightguard, as I have been grinding my teeth and chewing the inside of my mouth. This is where I hold my stress clearly. I see a crack in one tooth, but there is no pain, might be ok. We are also getting an estimate to have a house generator GENERAC installed. Our weather has been more dramatic, and while its not bad when we lose power in the summer, winter is another matter. We went to see one that friends had installed. We shall see how much it will be as our gas meter and hydro meter are on opposite sides of the house.

Other than that, it takes care of the next few days. Enjoy your day.

EDIT: Woohoo. I just got a M* delivery. I am impressed with the less than one week delivery to Canada. Unfortunately, I did notice that they have increased shipping to $12. Still a good deal when there are great savings. I ordered a Mystery FQ bundle last week -- gorgeous colours.
            Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; September 29, 2020, 12:37 PM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
            X