Americana colors & Jason Momoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americana colors & Jason Momoa

I've got to make a quilt for my DS best friend's wif. She was born on Flag Day & loves the red/blue/white combo & anything Americana. Just what is Americana colors? Plus, Jason Momoa was in North Carolina over the weekend. Just only a state away & I DIDN'T know it! How was this possible? I didn't even get a call or email. Sigh. Probably just as well. His wife might have gotten concerned when he didn't get home on time. LOL! Gina

Look up Moda Minick & Simpson Americana is all they do. Not saying you have to love their collections but should give ideas!!
    Last edited by Momofmonsters5; September 28, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

To me, this says Americana through and through. By the way, who is Jason Momoa?

Rob
      https://windhamfabrics.net/php/fabri...1&Category=813
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• osewme
        osewme commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't feel bad, Rob. I didn't know who Jason Momoa was either & had to look him up. Yes....I do live under a rock!

• Star lover
        Star lover commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no idea either.....I too live under a rock 🤪

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Another rock dweller here! I have heard of Jason Momoa but have no clue who he is.

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
      I've got to make a quilt for my DS best friend's wif. She was born on Flag Day & loves the red/blue/white combo & anything Americana. Just what is Americana colors? Plus, Jason Momoa was in North Carolina over the weekend. Just only a state away & I DIDN'T know it! How was this possible? I didn't even get a call or email. Sigh. Probably just as well. His wife might have gotten concerned when he didn't get home on time. LOL! Gina
      American colors are Red, White, and Blue. But "Americana" is not defined by colors, it's "things associated with the culture and history of America". So "Americana" can be any color.

Comment

Jason is such a great guy, but sometimes he looks like he walked out of the mountains just getting out of a fight with a grizzly bear.

jason-momoa-jimmy-fallon-have-water-war-on-tonight-show-04.jpg
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Paisley
          Paisley commented
          Editing a comment
          I just want to lick my finger and wipe his eyebrow, but that would be weird, huh?

• Star lover
          Star lover commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow.....kinda weird....he looks like my son.....my son always looks like he came down outta the mountains....kinda like a Jeremiah Johnson....

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Handsome fella. He does look like a mountain man. Burly for sure!

This panel is nice. there is a fabric line that goes with it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4956059...FBQUFBRjl5RU1j

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5129235..._click=1&sca=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5306738...search_click=1

https://www.heavenlystitchesquilting...bertyville.htm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4956055...search_click=1

sorry so many links, trying to find them all in one place. lol
        Last edited by Hulamoon; September 28, 2020, 11:55 AM.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

My DIL wanted an Americana quilt. We e-m'd back & forth. I had her look at several patterns. This is the final product. It also is Henry Glass fabrics. It's called Freedom Star. F.S. Quilt Top Aug. 2013 001.JPG
          This is the top before it was quilted. It's a combination of log cabin & star blocks. There are other pics in my Freedom Star album. An Americana quilt can be anything that shows American life & usually is done predominantly with the patriotic colors of red-white-blue. The pattern is your choice.

Comment

• Anitamae56
            Anitamae56 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is beautiful!

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Very beautiful Joy!

• Nwmnteacher
            Nwmnteacher commented
            Editing a comment
            Joy, you do such amazing, gorgeous quilts!

Momoa. cute. in movies, sports, etc. I see him a lot on t.v. Especially one silly commercial where he strips off his muscles to become an extremely skinny person. Yikes. not real of course.
          Last edited by nativetexan; September 29, 2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

The Americana colors are a little more subdued. Not the bright red white and blue you would normally use.

Comment

I didn't know that the Americana colors were more subdued. I do know who Jason Momoa is, went to see the Aquaman with m,y daughter and her 3 youngest. But I knew him from the Stargate series.
              Carlie

Comment

I think of Americana as being red, white, and blue but along the lines of Civil War repro fabrics. Tiny calico prints and reds like brownish red not cherry, navy and cream not whitey white. Designers like Judie Rothermel, Jo Morton, Kim Diehl.

Comment

Americana comes in 2 colorways, in my opinion. First Bright White along with primary colors Red and Blue. The second is Tan, Maroon and Navy. It's just a matter of personal preference. Neither is 100% right or wrong.

And speaking of Jason ... anyone remember Baywatch Hawaii? He joined the cast in 1999 when he was just 19.

Comment

Working...
                  X