Welcome Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Monday

Good morning friends. We have been spoiled with beautiful weather but alas it won't last long. I know the fall weather is coming. I did a load of wash and hung it out. It dried nicely. I did a little outside work as well yesterday.

Today we are going to visit with son #2, so I may or may not be here tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

And so that's it for me this morning. Have a wonderful day!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning everyone!

I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept through until 3am. Finally a good night's sleep! I was exhausted after lots of driving, purging and packing. Made good headway though. Got through the worst of it...her gigantic china cabinet, photos and paperwork. Their clothes I had already ourged when they were in holast winter. They just need to be out in boxes today. There are still the 2 bedrooms and all of that storage to do today. Some more calls, online shopping and arrangements to make this morning before I head over there. We are making good progress through!

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad you got some good sleep. Sleep is such good medicine. Have a good day!

Good morning!

I woke up around 3am, tried to fall back asleep and gave up around 4am. Now I am ready for a nap! I thought we were expecting cooler weather today, but I checked the forecast and it's calling for 75 with rain this afternoon. I have to keep reminding myself that we don't get to see Mom today, we have to wait until tomorrow.

I talked to my Texas sister last night. I wanted to make sure she understood that she will need to make an appointment to see Mom when she visits in a couple of weeks. She did not realize the visits were by appointment and limited to half an hour. I told her I talked to the facility and they were willing to make an accommodation if she wanted to see Mom more than once or on a non-visitation day.

I'm going to talk to the facility today and see about making arrangements to retrieve Mom's bed. When she was enrolled in hospice, they provided a hospital bed. My Texas sister wants to stay at Mom's house (with my Ohio sister), but we don't have an extra bed there. I may need to rent a truck to move the bed, I don't think the mattress and box spring will fit in the back of my car.

I finished sandwiching my spring twist quilt yesterday. The centers of the pinwheels are as flat as I can make them. Most of the bulk issues were caused by the feed dogs shifting a seam from one direction to the other. I stitched out the quilting design this morning. It is just a couple inches over 5 hoops down. I'm going to stitch out the next size up and see if that takes up some of the slack. It seems silly add another hoop for such a small amount.

I'd better grab another cup of something caffeinated before logging into work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

Well our 20% chance of rain day yesterday, turned into thunderstorms and rain all afternoon and evening. It was still raining at 10 when Gabby went out for the last time, but it was a gentle rain by then. The back porch is still wet and it's still dreary. We'll see what today brings.

Today, I'll start calling and making reservations and letting family in the areas know what our plans are. I also need to start on my Bible Study for this week. There will be plenty of time. Mike works until 4:30.

Have a great day!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A chilly morning. Only 42 deg. Our furnace is on; the heat feels good. It's supposed to be only 63 today. We had 64 yest., mostly cloudy, with a few sun breaks. A definite weather change.

I took it easy yest. My L. knee has been giving me problems the past few days. I spent quite a bit of time in the recliner with heat on my knee. It seems to feel a bit better. I was able to almost finish my Bible study lesson. I read quite a bit. I'm reading a book about Dorothea Dix by Jane Kirkpatrick. Dorothea visited jails & hospitals to learn the terrible conditions of the mentally ill. She was instrumental in making changes so the prisoners & mentally ill weren't all grouped together in the jails.

This a.m. I'll be baking DH's spelt bread & doing laundry.

Comment

Good morning,

The second cup of coffee is so good this morning. We had a wonderful day yesterday with our visit. It's so nice to spend fun time with DD and grandson. Dinner was take out that we shared buffet style. The portions are so big it's easy to share.

I managed to embroider the "B" in boo yesterday and found more projects to put on the list. I better stitch faster!

It's office time this week with projects for the month end. Maybe I can fit in some fabric shopping time this week too. I saw some on Friday at the LQS but didn't have time to decide on any.

I hope your day is filled with sunshine and happy stitches!

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            Rhonda, I’m glad you had a good visit with your family yesterday. It’s almost a year since I’ve been able to see my daughter and grands. Zoom and FaceTime are nice but just not the same as the real thing.

Good Morning ~~ We had thunderstorms and rain all night. It’s cooler today so we will see if we get more liquid sunshine.

I plan to take my two UFOs to Mary today to get them into her rotation. They are both larger than queen so they will take a while to get back. I still haven’t decided on my next project to work on. It may be another UFO. It feels good to get them done. I’m so thankful I have my sewing during this time. Sewing is good for the soul.

Julie, I hope you get your Moms bed situation worked out.

Have a good day everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday was a lazy day. We talked to the grandkids and our son by phone. The grands didn't get to visit this summer and we've really missed them.
            It's sunny now, but rain is on the way later. It's beginning to look more like fall here. The soybean field is a rusty gold color as the bean plants are drying up.
            I'll do some batch cooking this morning after running the sweeper. I probably should vacuum more often, but it hurts my back so I put it off sometimes.
            It's time to get going....have a safe, happy day!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good morning all. Looks like we had a bit of rain sometime overnight but the sun keeps peeking out from the clouds now.

It was a busy weekend in and out of the sewing room. I fixed Henry's backpack and got it back to him when we went to his game on Saturday. Then after the game I made a bunch of masks for Tim, who has gotten the clearance from his doctor to go back to work this week. He needs a number of plain ones to wear while working. Then yesterday I made some holdover curtains for John since the fabric we ordered hasn't arrived yet. He has been hanging up sheets on two of his large windows at night. I just made some simple, unlined panels to get up there until I get to make the real ones. We are heading up there to John and Rob's today for an overnight visit so I wanted to have the curtains ready. Then I baked some cookies since the last time we went up, I didn't have a chance to bake them any. I also finished a hexi tablerunner for my sister. Hubby took over dinner duties yesterday so that was off my to do list.

Time to get things done around here and then get on the road. Have a good day everyone.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning to all. So tired this morning, sleep was not very restful at all. Never found the missing paperwork, BUT the files are definitely more organized and much easier now to start the shredding process of the very old ones. So looking like today will have numerous phone calls and emails. I did call the couple that were interested in my dad's property in Tenn way back when. They ARE still interested and happy I called them. But for now I am in the hurry up and wait for my letter of administration from Tenn court to sell it.

Will more than likely spend time in the "stitchery" (name for my sewing room) today between calls, beats the heck out of pacing. Heading into a Santa Ana heat up by mid week. I am so ready for fall/winter type weather. With the air quality being so poor lately, it really makes it hard to even venture outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Time for 2nd cup of coffee and get on with my day.

Happy trails to all!

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Not much happening here in NW Minnesota. Windy, cool, and cloudy weather today. On Sat. DH and I drove over to Grand Forks, ND and did some WalMart shopping. We should be good for a while now. I worked on the Winter Village quilt, and last evening I finished the last house. Today will be cutting and sewing the sashing. I watched the video tour of Edyta Sitar's quilting studio that was part of the Birthday Bash. Wow! Quite the place! I saw she had the Winter Village hanging on a wall, but it was called Summer Village, done in summer/spring fabrics. I don't think I'll ever make the pattern again....too many little pieces.

That's it for me. Blessings on your day.
                  Jeanne

Comment

Morning,
                    The hubs and buddy took off early this morning for fishing. I believe my Mo and Jo may have gotten in the truck with them, because I don't seem to be able to get going on any of the projects I had planned for my one "single wife" day of the week. The doctor had suggested that my hub try intermittent fasting to bring his A1C down and yesterday was a fast day for us. I think that may be contributing to my sluggishness today. Maybe I should break the fast with cereal rather than protein to get a bit of energy going. Good news is hubby is dropping some COVID lbs and we're fingers crossed for A1C levels in November. I'm slipping down a little in weight which is good too.

My first peaky and spike (or spikey and peak) block is looking fabulous. However it requires such a lot of concentration from me I think I'll skip sewing today and go get a scrub brush and start cleaning floorboards behind the dog's dish. Toby is a lovely Scottie, however, those beards come at a cost.

Sandy

Comment

• Bubby
                      Bubby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sandy, You have a Scottie? I had them for 45 years and love them dearly. Now we have two West Highland White Terriers that will be three in February. They are great dogs, too.

Well, step one... we have reservations at the campground where Jim and Morgan are staying. We'll be in a cabin close to them. Let's not discuss the lack of pet friendly hotels in the area... oh well, I just did. I made reservations at one hotel. I'll call and cancel them- there won't be any charges, they didn't even take my credit card number over the phone.

I've called my two traveling credit cards that I use and notified them of our travel dates.

Now to start calling Aunts and Uncles that are along the way, to let them know we'll be stopping by for a visit.

We've already had two down pours this morning. It's starting to look brighter. Maybe this dreary system is moving out.

Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Really late start to the morning for me. I woke up around 6:15 this morning. Patsy finally slept in her bed last night, but didn't seem in much of a hurry to get up. When Cheryl got up to get ready for work, Patsy rolled out of bed and had her breakfast. When Cheryl left Patsy whined a little, but then jumped in my lap in the recliner and demanded that I scratch her chest and her belly. Fifteen minutes later I told her I'd had enough. We went outside so she could potty again, and once back inside I sat in my recliner and she jumped in the other one and we both fell asleep, not waking up until 10 a.m.

We went back outside (it's been raining all morning) and was going to go for a walk. I dropped my keys under our front porch, so that put a stop to that idea, as I had to fish the keys out. After I got my keys we walked a little around the yard, but we will go for a walk later when it stops raining. The neighbor's pit bull saw Patsy through the window and barked his hellos. He's a big softie, but we will be exceptionally careful if we ever introduce her to him.

I've got to find a vet. I'm going to spend part of the day sending local vet offices emails asking about pricing, etc. There are three that we are going to approach. One is actually about three miles from the house, but I'm not sure if they will answer the questions like I want.

One of the foods that I love is Campbell's Chunky Beef with Country Vegetables. Of course, it's chock full of sodium, so I don't get to eat it. I found a recipe online for a version that I can limit the salt, so I've got that in the slow cooker this morning for supper. When we had Droopy, we sometimes had to tie her to the coffee table to keep her from underfoot when I was cooking (when you're trying to turn a molten hot pizza on a super hot baking stone, the last thing you want to deal with is a curious, and hungry, basset). Patsy was a good girl as she stayed either in the living room or laid away from me on the floor while I chopped the vegetables and got the stew meat ready. Dogs, of course, are like people in the sense that they have their own personalities, but the difference between Patsy and Droopy is like night and day.

Not sure how much sewing will get done today. Since I can't find a fat quarter bundle of the Bon Voyage line that I'm willing to pay for, I just might have to either buy some yardage that is available or look for another line.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rob
                      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

Just a quick check-in for me. Busy with Natalie this morning working with her and her online school stuff. Already got groceries and will be taking her home in about an hour. I hope to get a little more sewing done this afternoon or evening. I have all the blocks together for the Glam Girl quilt so I'm ready to add the borders. Shouldn't take very long. Then to decide if I'm going to add batting or not. It will have a pink minky backing so I'm not sure if I'll add the batting or not.

Off for now to get a few more things done before I have to leave. Have a great day everyone.
                        Carlie

Comment

Working...
                        X