We're home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're home!

Patsy is home! She is such a ball of fire in energy that I couldn't get too many pictures of her, but her foster will send me some (and I'll be able to take some more later), but the important thing is we are all together! We're all pretty tired as well, since she had to drive from Joliet to Decatur and from Decatur to our home.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Glad every one is home safe and happy after a long drive.

Comment

Happy Gotcha Day, Patsy! Glad you had a safe trip. Can’t wait to see your new baby.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Glad everyone is home safe and sound. Keeping my fingers crossed for a peaceful night for all.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Yippee!! Welcome home you all! Hope you have a great first night. Can't wait to see pictures!
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

So glad Patsy is home where she belongs. Can't wait to see pictures!

Comment

The start of a wonderful life together, Congratulations! Can't wait to see Patsy.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning and welcome Patsy!

Comment

Congratulations to you and Cheryl!
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

The day started early yesterday. I got up at 7:30 because I wanted to leave about 8:30 (or sooner, if possible). Decatur Illinois is a 3 1/2 hour drive and, knowing that now is harvest season and the roads would be full of trucks and tractors, I wanted to give us some cushion. I've driver to Decatur so many times in my life that I could do it in my sleep, but at this point in my life I've grown tired of driving, so Cheryl drove halfway there, to Effingham. That drive is pretty simple, and I would take the last leg into Decatur, which if a person hasn't been there can be somewhat daunting. Added to that is the fact that this is prime roadwork season, so one rarely knows if the road will be open or closed.

After eating lunch at a Dairy Queen (and blowing my sodium limit out of the water), we met Patsy's foster parents. Patsy showed why she is always described as a happy dog. She came right up to us with her tail wagging. She was going, as my mother used to say "90 to nothing" so it was hard to get a clear photo of her. After she calmed down we did all the paperwork, and it was time to take a picture.

The first picture is our first "family" photo. Patsy is wearing the crown she got for being named queen of the UnWaddle.

We went to my Aunt and Uncle's home. They have a small horse laughingly referred to as a dog. He's as sweet as can be and wouldn't hurt a fly, but he's about four times the size of Patsy. I was hesitant to put them together, and while they didn't fight Patsy growled at him a few times and basically told him to mind his manners and treat her like a lady. After about an hour or so, we began the long journey home. I've had several dogs, and many don't like car rides, but Patsy did just fine. We stopped for gas and so Cheryl could take over the driving, and she just looked outside while we took care of things.

By the time we got home we were all pretty tired. Cheryl had put a blanket over the back seat to keep it clean, so she brought it in and Patsy decided she wanted it instead of her new bed. The next photo is Patsy catching up on her rest on our living room floor.

She had a good night and didn't seem upset at all by her new surroundings. This morning I woke up at 4:30, so when I got up Patsy got up as well, so I ended up taking her outside and then I sat in my recliner. She ended up jumping up in the other one and falling back asleep. That is the third picture.

I've also uploaded some other photos that were taken at the UnWaddle. Patsy is shown sitting on her throne and then "kissing" the king. The next to last photo I took especially for the forum and sent it to her foster, who is also a quilter. It shows Patsy is at home. The last photo is why I fell in love with her.

Rob

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 7 photos.
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

Well, she sure is something to brag about! She's absolutely precious!!! Sounds like you had a long day & everyone seemed to be glad to get back home. She just looks like she's been your fur baby for years & seems to have settled right in. Congrats on your new family member!

Comment

Oh, welcome to the forum Patsy! She sure looks like she is happy and settling right in. Congratulations.
                        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

She is beautiful. Her energy may just be contagious!
                          Carlie

Comment

Just wanted to share one more picture. She jumped up in Cheryl's chair with her, although Cheryl was the one who made her more comfortable.

Rob
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            --Ken Burns

Comment

Awe, welcome to the forum Patsy! I know you'll be well loved and cared for and I know you'll love your new family unconditionally.
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X