Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I don't see either Katrina or Monique on, so I'll get us started.

Yest. I had an enjoyable lunch with my Lady Bugs group. It's the first time I'd been able to meet with them since the pandemic. (The first time they met was last mo.) We had a separate room to ourselves at a local restaurant. There were 12 of us. We sat 3 each at 4 dif. tables. It was so good to see everyone.

Prior to lunch, I made a quick run over to the groc. store for chicken, 5 lb. of carrots, & a few items. Just had time to get home, put things away, & get to the restaurant. After lunch, I made a stop at Vitamin Cottage to re-stock on Kombucha. They finally had sesame sticks back in stock. I snack on them & peanuts every afternoon with my Kombucha.

Last eve. I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup, which I'll be making this a.m. It's an all morning job. DH already has labeled 17 qt. containers for me.

It was smoky & hazy again yest. The Cameron Peak Fire NW of Ft. Collins flared up again; more homes were evacuated. High temp. was 90. Today should be the last hot day for a while. Cooler weather is coming. I still have so much I want to get done before the cold weather comes. The windows need washing. When the painter power washed the house, all the windows got splattered. I have bulbs to plant, weeding to be done, and the list goes on.

Because of the upsurge in C-19 cases at the university, the health dept. has cracked down on the non-compliant students in Boulder. Everyone is quarantined to their dorms or their off campus housing for 2 wks. All classes are by remote learning for 2 wks. There were 36 houses/frats. that were targeted because of partying, no social distancing, etc. They are not permitted to leave, must have curb-side service, etc. for 2 wks. This is for all 18-22 y.o.s. These young people just don't "get it!"

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Morning everyone!

Just a quick note to say today is the day! We are getting ready to go get Patsy. Doubt I will have anymore to say for a good while, but hopefully tomorrow I can post pictures.

Have a great weekend all!
    Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      So excited for you!

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder who is more excited, you or Patsy! Happy adoption day!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy your wonderful day, Rob and Cheryl...and Patsy!! Be safe and have fun!

Good Morning Joy & Everyone ~ Our weather was picture perfect yesterday, around 74 degrees and a light breeze.

Yesterday I packed my car with a load to donate at our community center. When I got there everything was boarded and locked up. Rumor has it that someone who volunteers there has Covid. I noticed that none of them wore masks when I went there recently and most of the volunteers are seniors. While many states are going into their second wave of the virus we are in the first wave.

I made a chicken and dumpling casserole for dinner yesterday and it was a nice change and so quick and easy. Here it is: Preheat oven to 350 and spray the bottom of a 9x13 casserole. Put 3 to 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast in the casserole. Melt one stick of butter and pour over the chicken. Mix one cup of self-rising flour with one cup of milk and stir with a whisk until well mixed and pour over chicken. Don’t mix any of the layers. Mix I can Cream of Chicken soup with two cups of chicken broth and pour over the last layer. DO NOT MIX THE LAYERS. Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes. We like ours lightly browned on top. The texture of this dish is a bit different than traditional dumplings but if you are craving the taste you will like this. It also makes a generous amount. Note: I used the broth from cooking the chicken for the two cups of broth but you could use canned broth. Be sure to use self-rising flour. This literally takes five minutes to put together after the chicken is cooked.

The M* Birthday Bash is a wrap for another year. Hopefully things will be better next year for celebrations.

Today I plan to spend time in the sewing room. I need to press two wide backings for the UFO quilts I finished so they can go to my quilter. It’s time to stop procrastinating and just do it.

I’m off to find another cup of tea. Have a great day everyone. Hugs....

Last edited by Bubby; September 26, 2020, 08:02 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida entered phase 3 of reopening. We'll see how that goes. The main change for us was restaurants can be over 50% capacity. Last night at dinner, the booths were filled (but the backs of the booths have been extended higher than before) first. Then people started filling in the tables in the middle. I was glad to see people out, we'll see how this will go. The patio area with just tables was full! I was glad to be 'secluded' sort of in a booth, inside in the AC.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Cathy, your recipe sounds so good. I will give it a try for sure but I will make a half recipe for the first try. I recently made a new recipe for chicken spaghetti and despite making a half recipe we had three meals from it!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Have fun sewing Barb!

Good Morning All,

I've been busy pictures for my last day of sharing. lol, I've been slack about taking finished pictures of all of the baby quilts. I didn't realize I'd stopped taking pictures of those. Oh well, now I know and I'll try to do better. lol, seeing as I do about 4 a year for church, I know I've made more than what I have pictures for!

Last night, I was restless. Mike had the day off and said he didn't want to do a whole lot. We sat and watched TV. I need to get busy doing something physical today, so I'll sleep tonight!

Have a great weekend everyone! Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Morning from Sandy in Denver CO. I'm an early riser. So while hubby sleeps in I do my daily devotionals and then go to quilt land with my cups of coffee. I look at fabric, watch tutorials, plan projects and get exhausted with ideas I recent!y started exploring the forum and enjoy the friendly exchanges here. Just wanted to say hi. I had a chance to visit my brother and sil in C Springs yesterday. We grabbed food from a food truck and sat in the park for hours visiting. COVID has taught me not to take people and relationships for granted. Isolation is soul crushing.

today is a sewing day for me - yay. Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a great place for all your quilting questions to get answered as well as the friendship of the members.

• Cokie
        Cokie commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome from NE Ohio. I'm originally from Colorado Springs!

Good Morning!

Today is somewhat cloudy and temp is 55. Got pretty warm here yesterday, 86 at our house although there was a slight breeze. Today and tomorrow will be in the upper 70's and then we are going to go cooler.

Helped Dave yesterday a bit with starting the siding on the side of the dining room. The boards are 12 ft long and if he tried carrying them himself they had a tendency to break. So I was up and down the stairs quite a few times yesterday. On Thursday I took a Naproxen for my knees. I'm not supposed to use an NSAID product because of the BP medicine I'm on--it causes issues with my kidneys. Anyway, it really put me in a better place. Yesterday I was able to get around a lot better, even slept with less pain last night. I wondered if maybe I should wait to get the injections and decided that is not a good idea but at least for now I'm doing okay.

I did get some sewing done yesterday. I got all the pieces cut out for the quilt for my daughter's best friend. Sounds like she is standing up for herself. When she first decided to get a divorce she was going to move in with her parents and let her husband have the house. She has decided that she will be keeping the house after all. Jennifer told me that her husband has been trying to sweet talk her into "fixing" their relationship. She has done this many times in the past but she is not having any of it now. The quilt is coming along quite nicely. It is to the point where I can do rows. I have attached a picture. There will be a narrow black border and the a 4" border of the pink shoes. According to my daughter this is totally Debi (her friend). I have some fabric leftover and I think I will make a pillow to go with the quilt. Approved, of course, by my daughter! The colors didn't come out very good in the pictures, just white, pink, black and gray. In looking at the picture I can see that I need to turn one of the 9-patches. Glad I took a good look at that picture!

Time for some coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad to hear you got some relief for your knees although temporary. The black quilt is going to be darling. I love the fabrics, especially the purses.

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Very pretty and sure to lift her spirits, what a thoughtful gift.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        It's looking great Carlie! I'm sure she'll love it.

Have a nice day everyone.
      Last edited by Bubby; September 26, 2020, 08:41 AM.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning!

We're going to have another beautiful weather day today -- around 80 and sunny. Temps are supposed to cool down next week.

I had a really good visit with my friend yesterday...once we were able to order. The restaurant is all tech savvy and was trying to save money on paper menus by having a QR code to scan with your phone. My smartphone is ancient (by tech standards) and does not have a QR reader app installed. I didn't remember my password for the app store to download one. I tried to get the menu from the website but it wouldn't load on my phone. The server came over and asked if we were ready and I said no, I will probably die of old age before I can download the menu. She got a paper menu for me. My friend and I visited for quite a while. It was great to see her again, she is enjoying her retirement and has been keeping busy.

Today I want to work on sandwiching my Spring Twist quilt. A couple of the seams where the pinwheels joined are on the bulky side, I want to see if I can flatten them out a bit. I am trying a lighter weight batting for this one. The fabric is is vibrant batik, I thought it would make a nice summer quilt. I'm not sure what project will be next.

Time to open up the windows and take advantage of the nice weather while it lasts. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems silly of a restaurant not to offer both. Not everyone is computer savvy or even has one. They are losing sales and maybe customers.

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          The Perkins restaurant we ate at yest. had paper menus, which were discarded after each use. I missed the glossy pictures & usual placement of the menu items, but the paper certainly is more sanitary. At least we were able to eat on glass dishes & use real silverware rather than plastic.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel your frustration. There are store that take phone coupons rather than paper. For awhile they were not accepting paper coupons, they would say - show on your phone. My phone is not smart. I would take a picture with my phone & show it.
          It makes me want to go in my quilting den, and stay there at times.

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was a busy day. My brain was fried at the end of it, lol. I was shopping and phoning all day and evening for my mama. Getting priorities taken care of for her move on Friday. Do we pick up a new tv for her curbside and drop it off at her new place. I will do the last of the shopping today and maybe do some chores and do some banking. No sewing got done yesterday. Tomorrow the packing starts. I ned a bit of a break today. The last 2 days have been very busy and a bit stressful.

Roofers are coming today to do a bit of work. They should finish this week. We have a string of lovely weather coming. Too bad I won't be able to get my yard chores done. Oh well! Lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          You are dealing with a lot. I feel for you. I did that with my ex-in-laws, then my parents and two years ago with my FIL in the states. Talk about being a pro at moving out people, disposing of a lifetime of their <things>, especially when no one in the family wants it, and you practically give it away. Just remember to label everything, and I mean everything that goes with your mom to her new residence.

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Great tip Suzanne. Thank you!! She is in assisted living. I didn't think I needed to do that with her stuff.

Good morning,

Whew, I made it here before noon. It's a putter kind of day deciding on the sewing project. I'm thinking to try some echo quilting around a small hanging. Let's see if I can do this. The stippling my machine is creating is all wrong for this project. So I'm on my own. Yikes!

Well now it is afternoon so I'll say good afternoon!

Another UFO is crossed off my list. I finally got the echo foot on the machine using the correct extension and it's quilted. Fun stuff! The wall hanging just needs the binding and I can move on to a different project.

I hope your weekend is wonderful!

Comment

I'm late to the party. I've been up for a while. My stomach was sour this morning so I decided to make chicken noodle soup. First time and it turned out delish. It was basic as Daniel is a picky plain eater. Just broth, chicken and egg noodles. I did sautee onions is the chicken bits and added that for flavor. I also roasted a green chile..I love hatch green chili season! I'll skin it, de seed it and chop it to add to my foods this week.

I plan on working on Christmas presents, secert santa and a couple orders for dresses. I'm totally addicted to barbie clothes haha. My daughter showed Rosa the pic of the hats I crocheted for winter...she replied " I like headbands" lol I'll go get a few different yarns and make those too. Abby wants me to sandwhich her quilt today. It'll be a chore but I'll do it. Tomorrow I plan to play with my embroidery machine.

I'll go to the grocery store later...sewing first plus it's more crowded early in the day.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Glad to see everything is working out for everyone! Patsy gets a loving home, hillbillyhike your mom is blessed to get in the home. Off to sew!!

Comment

I hope you feel better soon, Rachel. Maybe you should just chill for the rest of the weekend. Sounds like heaven, right? Busy moms seldom have that luxury.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
            X