It's Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday

Good morning friends. It's Friday. I got my much needed haircut yesterday and feel so much better. Then I just drove to the garage so my Escape could get fixed. Stopped at my neighbour's to a visit and then back home. I took pictures of Bonnie's Quilt but you will have to wait until next week to see it. I am next in line to have a 'showing' after Katrina. I got the binding sewn on the front, just need to sew it down the back. It will be good to get that finished. I am not sure what will be done with it after I give it to her children.

Hubby got home last night from his golf trip tired, but he had a wonderful trip. My youngest is returning late tonight after a trip out west for work. I am hoping that we might be able to go visit him this weekend if he isn't too tired.

And so that is what is going on here. Have a great day and weekend everyone. The temperatures will rise considerably tomorrow so it should be a good day to do 'something'.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning everyone!

Another 3am wake up here. At least I end up going back to bed after a couple of hours and sleeping some more. Long day yesterday and another 3 hours of driving. Her meeting was 3 hours! She was exhausted afterwards. Poor thing! Tons of questions and signing later but she got in!! We are all very happy. Mixed emotions for sure, but happy. The staff there seem awesome. Great sense of humour like her. They've already made her feel welcome. I started purging some while I was there yesterday. Will give us both a rest today and go back tomorrow to start in earnest. Lots of phone calls, purchasing and arrangements today. I hope to find a little time in between to sew or paint. I find it relaxes me.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay healthy, happy and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy to hear all went well. Be sure and take breaks, it can be overwhelming and exhausting at times.

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a relief for the both of you.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy for you and your Mom. The beginning of the journey might be long but it'll pay off!

Good Morning. I got good sleep last night for the first time in several days.

Yesterday I got a lot done so today I’m free to sew. I just watched Jenny’s new tutorial. I doubt I would make a large quilt from it but I think it’s cute for smaller projects...maybe a dust cover for my machine.

I made the meatloaf we talked about yesterday and I put potatoes in the oven to bake at the same time. It was good and we have enough left over for another meal. Our meat order should be ready to pick up next week. I need to make room in the freezer for it.

I hope everyone has a Good Friday. Be safe. Hugs....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at Friday. We had a beautiful day yest. No smoke or haze. More blue sky. The temp. got up to 94 deg. By evening, the house was really warm. Our house faces west, so by afternoon the sun really blasts the front of the house. It's 58 this a.m. & will be hot again today.

I spent all morning cleaning in the downstairs bathroom. Scrubbing the tile in the shower & DH's shower bench is a major project. I wish I could just snap my fingers & have a whole new shower installed. I vacuumed, dusted, mopped the floor, etc. Shook the rugs outside & aired them in the sun.

The visitation at the mortuary for my friend was nice. People spaced themselves to watch the video. We gathered outside to chat. It was so good to see friends in person.

Today our Lady Bugs ladies will be meeting at the local Perkins for lunch. I had to miss last month. While on that end of town, I'll make a stop at Vitamin Cottage to re-stock on Kombucha. I also need to stop at the reg. groc. store for chicken & carrots. Chicken soup tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week end.

Comment

Morning everyone and happy Friday!

Feel much better today than I did yesterday, and I can actually see the screen. Hope to do some sewing today. Cheryl is off since she had to work last Sunday so I imagine she will hit the GFG pretty hard today. I can tell it's fall because the yard hasn't been mowed in almost two weeks yet it isn't shaggy. Will have to go ahead and mow some time today.

Everything is ready for Patsy. Now it's just the wait. Turns out the foster is also a quilter so I'm sure we will show pictures of various projects in addition to taking pictures of us and Patsy. I'm also excited about getting to see my aunt. It's probably been at least two or three years since I've seen her so that will be nice. We used to go up there a lot when I was a kid, but since Mom died our extended family hasn't been together for a few years now. Even when my sister died not everyone was physically able to make it. Sad.
        Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Good morning. Here we are at Friday again. Yesterday we wound up getting a majority of our windows washed. We just have the living room and family room windows to do as well as my sewing room window to do. I hope to get them done today. Next week I would like to get the fall decorarions out so the windows will be ready.

Monique, I look forward to seeing Bonnie's quilt next week.

Have a good Friday everyone. Be safe. Stay well.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning,

Another Friday rolling in with the weekend. There are lots of errands and laundry to do today. One stop will be at the LQS to check in with them. I used to visit or take classes 2-3 times a week and now it has been months since I've visited.

I'll manage some play time in the sewing room later. I will work on easy section of the current quilt pattern so I don't get frustrated. Fabric that was back-ordered arrived yesterday. It needs to be washed and stashed. The Christmas wreath panel arrived so that needs attention too. My machine is working so much better with the correct bobbin case in it.

Enjoy your day!

Comment

Good Morning All,

This morning, I was pulling up my pictures from an older file.... well every picture I clicked on to open... turned into a picture from my refrigerator. Insert head shake and sigh here. I was about to totally freak out. All of those pictures, I could see the thumbnail, but couldn't open. Insert scream here. Well, I decided to try to insert one picture into my email. If it was the refrigerator, I'd just.... cry, I guess.

Well, I started the thread for quilt sharing, and clicked on the insert image, went through the process... It was what it was supposed to be. Thank goodness it wasn't my refrigerator! You would have gotten really bored with that! Insert sigh of relief here ( and a little jumping for joy, too).

I can honestly say I did next to nothing yesterday. I couldn't get motivated to do much of anything. The orders for Gabby's travel kit arrived, and it's nicer than my travel ditty bag! The food dishes are so big, I think I'll swap them out for smaller dishes. I'm going to get reservations in Sulfolk, VA for Mike and me. I'll call and make sure they'll let Gabby come. Jim says I need to register her as a service dog. lol, I think she needs to register me as a service human.

Part of the do nothing mode around here is also the waiting mode. I hope my sewing machine comes back today. I can't wait to get back to work on the quilt I started before the kids left. I could get my little Project Runway Brother out, I'm not sure that my scant 1/4" would be the same with that presser foot. So I've just waited for my big boy Husky to come home.

Take care, prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                This is the kind of thing that happens to me when I try to post on the new format.

Good morning!

I woke up around 3-something this morning and didn't get back to sleep until after 4:30 am. I ended up sleeping in, now I feel like I'm rushing to get caught up. I half watched, half-listened, to Jenny's tutorial this morning. I want to watch it again after the caffeine kicks in. It reminded me I have a pattern around here for something similar in appliqué. I liked her idea of using the block as a sewing machine cover.

We're expecting highs near 80 today. Perfect weather for lunch with my friend. We're meeting at local restaurant that has an outdoor patio. I have never been there, but she had dinner there last year. I am looking forward to seeing her. It has been a couple of months.

Mom's hospice nurse called yesterday and left a message. I have no cell service when I work on site and missed her call. I'm going to give her a call back today. Mom is doing ok, but the nurse sounded concerned because Mom seemed more confused than normal during the visit.

I'd better make another cup of tea and log back in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope you're able to get in touch with the hospice nurse, today. I hope she'll be able to give you a little peace of mind.

Good Morning! Yesterday was in the high 79's and we did get a little rain in the morning. According to the forecast we have a 20% chance of rain for the next few days. Today is supposed to be in the 80's and after Sunday we will have a cold snap

I took care of my tomatoes yesterday. I now have 11 ziplock freezer bags full. Two are 2 gallon bags. That being said I didn't measure anything but even if I have only 3 quarts of diced tomatoes I have a whole lot more than last year when I had 28 quarts. Dave and I have been talking about canning them which I will do during the colder months. I'm thinking I will probably make some tomato paste this year in addition to the tomato sauce. I may even try my hand at canning my spaghetti sauce. I'll be looking into the process to find out what I need. If I start now to look for lids I should be able to find some by the time I start processing them.

No sewing yesterday but will will probably get upstairs later today. The cable guy is supposed to be here between 10 and 11 so we will have phone, internet and TV back up and running unless there is a problem with replacing the cable.

Time for coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone.
              Carlie

Comment

Good Morning to All. Even though one day is pretty much just like the day before (pandemic life), making it to Friday still calls for a happy dance. Made it through another week of pandemic life.

The telecon with lawyer went well yesterday and this morning I have appt at the bank to open an estate account. Pretty much a hurry up and wait routine now. Try and get package ready for the accountant to work on his 2019 taxes next week. While out I will make a quick stop at the grocery store. Ya'll got me craving meatloaf too!

Next Friday I will have my GS (13) and GD (11), they don' t want to go to a wedding with parents that day. So they will work on their school work and also earn some $ doing a few chores for me. Car Washing for sure for GS. GD loves to cook and bake, so maybe get her to bake a cake or some cookies.

Time to shop the precut side of the fabric closet and decide on a project. So on with searching for quilt patterns while I have my 2nd cup of coffee.

Stay safe and have a good day.

Comment

Morning!

Finally got the household here from Vermont to Arkansas last weekend. Desk computer set-up with internet and I am getting back to a normal, except for the sewing room....LOL

DH and I got our Arkansas licenses this morning....what a line! We waited outside for an hour before they opened. COVID sure has changed things.

New job going OK and lots to unpack yet. But, what a relief not to be in Vermont anymore. What a relief to be in a state with opportunity and prosperity. What a relief to be around nice people and good manners. It makes a huge difference on your outlook!

Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• shermur
                    shermur commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LauraP....we moved to Rogers, AR

• Rhonda K
                    Rhonda K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's nice to see your update on the move. Best wishes as you unpack and get settled in.

• Monique
                    Monique commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh I am so happy for you. I guess you moved while I was on vacation.

We have rain and wind on the schedule for the day.
                  I have been in the sewing room the last couple of evenings. It's been nice to make some progress on a few projects that were abandoned on the table.

I may have more time available in there. The teachers are taking a possible strike vote this afternoon. Our district has been really poorly prepared for reopening our schools. Our sanitizing protocol for the classroom is a bottle of diluted Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle and a rag. Yep. That's it.
                  I'm not sure what they bargained into their MOU, but I have to believe it was more than that. Darn you Corona virus.

​​​​​​ I'm headed into work early so I can get things ready for student pick up this afternoon. Then they will at least have their texts & workbooks.
                  I hope you all have a good day.

P.S. Somebody pulled up one of my old Night Owl posts from 4 years ago. My parents are NOT currently in the hospital. Thank you for your care & concern though. C
                  Last edited by toggpine; September 25, 2020, 09:12 AM.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning everyone,

A guy is supposed to be coming today to give me an estimate on the leaf guards for my gutters. My son gave me his name (he got his name from his father-in-law). He was supposed to come a couple of weeks ago and didn't show up but called and said he could come the next day. Never showed up and didn't even call. I have been busy and have been trying to look into other people to do the job. Now, the guy called last night and said he can come out today. I called him back and left him a message that is was okay but haven't heard from him yet. I hope he doesn't wait until the end of the day to show up . . . or not show up at all.

Wednesday night I was not feeling well. I was achy and sore, chilly and had a low grade fever. Went to bed a little earlier than I normally do and ended up sleeping about 8 hours. I texted a lady I know from Quilt Camp and told her I would not be logging into the Zoom meetings because I wasn't feeling well. As the day progressed, I was feeling better and spent a little bit of time in the sewing room late in the afternoon. I finally figured out how to put together the blocks for the table runner project I was working on for Quilt Camp.

I am taking a class next Friday and need to get some things ready for the class. I also need to put the hanging sleeve, label and binding on the T-shirt quilt I started in a class about 4-5 years ago. The same instructor from that class is teaching the class next Friday. I promised her I would have the quilt finished and bring it along to show her. She is excited to see it.

As I was working on the blocks for the table runner yesterday, I discovered I have misplaced my iron. I had been changing things up in my sewing room and put it somewhere but I haven't uncovered it yet. I need it for the binding and the table runner blocks.

Guess I better get moving. I need to finish my hair before this guy shows up --- if he shows up. Have a great and safe day.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks everyone for you kind words and sound advice...not overdoing it and R &R in my days is in order. With my health issues I can only do so much anways.

Got a bit more sleep. Now to read over all the paperwork from the facility and start the moving ball rolling.

Enjoy your day lovely people!
                      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                      X