Feral kitty cat house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feral kitty cat house

whew. i got this put together. Plastic screws of all things. anyway, my kitty i tried to get adopted by the local shelter is back with me and i got her a house!! right by my side door where she's been sleeping for the last few days. in the grass. the concrete was too wet for her. hopefully she will like it and the tom cats around here wont' try taking it from her. reason for the two doors!! Ecoflex was the name.
    it fit just right beside the door. yea! P9240092.JPG
    Last edited by nativetexan; September 25, 2020, 01:06 PM.

What a cute little house!!!

Comment

I gotta show this one to DH, just this morning we were talking about rigging up something for the neighborhood cat. He's not feral, actually has an owner, but has decided that he wants to live at our house (guess he doesn't like his owner much). Sleeps in our bushes every night, and hangs out all day. Will come in the house for snuggles (and food), but won't stay for long.

Comment

Wow...you did a fantastic job of putting that cute kitty cat house together. I bet she will love that. I really like the idea of 2 doors. That way she's not trapped in there if something comes along to threaten her.

Comment

• nativetexan
          nativetexan commented
          Editing a comment
          yes well, it had four long plastic screws and i used those first. wrong. they belonged on the corners of the roof which fits over the edges of the sides of the house. Got them changed out though.

Thank you for taking care of this kitty! I hope she uses the nice house you got for her!
        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

she is a beautiful kitty. Lady Grey.JPG

Comment

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            She is a beauty. Thanks for taking an interest in her. I wish more people felt that way. Gina

Hope your kitty likes her new house, thank you for taking her. I am down to two ferals, I had the mama and two of her babies, and one sibling from a prior delivery she brought with her. Mama died two years ago and one of the babies last year. The remaining ones are 11 and 13 years old. They have a good life here, they have been neutered and well cared for and rarely leave my yard. They will sit and watch us when we work in the yard but even after all these years they have been here one you can pet if you have food the other you still can't touch. When I trapped and had the mama cat neutered the vet said the average life of a female feral is approx. 5 years if they have one litter after another how sad is that considering how long cats usually live.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• nativetexan
            nativetexan commented
            Editing a comment
            I wanted to bring her inside but my son said it would be difficult. i have two 14 yr old girls i took in with their Mother in Colorado. lost the mother two years ago. the girls are spoiled and one is still very timid. always was. So, outside seems to be it for now. Doing nothing is like not noticing a homeless person on my doorstep! Thanks for being a good cat person. Oh we also have a big tom cat on the front porch. i feed four cats every day. so much for cutting down on groceries!

How cute and such a great idea! It looks like the house my step dad made for our little doxies. He put a heater in it. lol Actually it was a light of some sort like you would use for baby chicks. Cozy!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Love the house. Unwanted cats are often dropped in our neighborhood. We capture them and have them fixed by a local organization. They then return them to us. I generally put together shelters as the weather changes. Was this your design? If so, can you provide instructions. I just love it and the two doors are a must or they won't use it at all. Many thanks.
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

such a cute house! I looked up Echo flex but I only get hits on some sort of speakers. Can you give the name of the house? Thank you for doing this for the kitty.

Comment

Ah, Ecoflex. thanks. it is found several places. Home Depot was the cheapest. not too hard to put together but you must figure it out. directions are not all that good. If i can do it, anyone can. The big tom cat was on top of the house today and she was yesterday. So far no one inside it. She sleeps in the shade it gives though.

Comment

Well done, very professional. Your kitty will be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

This is so cute. I made a couple of houses out of small Rubbermaid Storage Bins last year. We have a couple of cats around the neighborhood that no one seems to know who they belong to. Well, to make a long story short, I try to live up to the nickname my parents bestowed upon me at birth and really try to be "sweet" to all.
                  So, I get these storage containers and line them with flannel that I've stuffed with batting and velcro to the sides of the (inside) storage bin. I cut in a hole and make it like a flap, so they can get in and out. (I poked holes in the flap I cut out of the bin and used fish line to re-attach)
                  We then get a couple of bales of hay and put the hay around the storage containers so that these cats can at least get out of the nasty cold/wet weather. We put out food & water(I actually purchased one of those self-watering dishes) twice a day too.

Of course, I have friends and family that shake their heads at me over this, but hey, if I were a feral cat, I'd appreciate somebody doing this for me!
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• nativetexan
                    nativetexan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He,he me too. Being dry and warm is nice, even to animals. I got a gravity water bowl for my inside cats and they have another water bowl already. they are half Norwegian Forest cats and love water!

I hate to be a grump but....I so wish my neighbors would stop feeding and providing shelter for ferral cats. They use my planters as litter boxes and at least one male has sprayed and stained our garage siding and back door something fierce. They also tend to fight amongst eachother at night.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• nativetexan
                    nativetexan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well i feel for you. seriously. the male here just sprayed the new cat house in the back yard. I'd take him and get him fixed but he will most likely still spray. Nature! this neighborhood doesn't take care of it's pets either. Shame.

Trudy I do understand your frustration, and I have three words for your situation... Motion Activated Sprinklers.

Comment

• Trudy A
                    Trudy A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The dogs would come in wet way too often.
                Working...
                X