It Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Thursday

Good morning friends. We are expecting a few showers today and that's okay with me.

I did get the laundry washed and out on the line. I got into the sewing room and worked on getting a bunch of shirts cut up. I have been asked to make a memory quilt. Well I had the wonderful idea to go have lunch with my brother and MAYBE the quilt store as well. I called him, no answer. I checked the flyers for what was on sale at the grocery stores. Hmmm, called my friend Lynda to see what she was doing after work. Heard back from brother, he and Line were off to the city to do some cycling. I have the code to get into his house, he had green tomatoes for me and I had relish and plum jelly for him. I showered and decided I would head out just the same. Shopping without hubby was heavenly, LOL!! Lynda called me back and we made plans to have supper together.

Stopped at Walmart, No Frills, then headed to the quilt store. Believe it or not, I did buy some fabric, haha. Had a brief stop at brother's and had supper with Lynda. So all in all, I had a great day. I bought my Halloween candies in the event that I have children come for Halloween. I have asked around and yes there will be children. How many, I do not know. I bought myself a Mum plant and 2 pumpkins.

A little later I will be off for my hair cut. The appointment was made through their facebook page and they send you a reminder though email. Easy peasy. I also set up my new printer yesterday. Looking back, I guess I had a very productive day. Of course, hubby called when I was away, he couldn't call when I was home, LOL!! He will be back today sometime.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning. It’s going to be much cooler today with fog this morning. I’m enjoying a cup of tea. I had a busy day yesterday but today should be more normal.

Monique, I haven’t had a haircut since February, but I’ve cut it myself a few times. Our Covid rate is out of control right now so a haircut is not worth the risk at this time. I hope you get a good cut. Our Governor and his wife announced yesterday that they both have Covid.

I made a few coasters last week on the emb machine and I would like to finish them up today. I just need to do a little hand sewing to close up the spot where I turned them right side out. I procrastinate with things like this.

I would like to find something different for dinner tonite.

Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe. Hugs...

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Monique, I made meatloaf a couple of days ago. DH is still eating meatloaf sandwiches; says he could eat them everyday!!! Fine with me.

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      I love meatloaf! Haven't made it in a while so it just may go on the menu this week as I picked up chop meat at the store yesterday. Tonight will be a quick dinner of ravioli and meat sauce. We have a local store that makes them, yum!

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      We had meatloaf with baked potatoes a few nights ago. We are planning on having for supper one night. Dave doesn't care for meatloaf sandwiches, but I do. Just might do that for lunch today.

I may make a small meatloaf and some baked potatoes. Sounds good and Jeff would love it. I’m not much of a meatloaf lover but at least it’s something different for a change and I have everything on hand to make it. Good suggestion.
    Last edited by Bubby; September 24, 2020, 06:14 PM.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      We have meatloaf probably once a month. A friend gave us a cookbook with 365 meatloaf recipes in it . I have utilized it a lot to give the same old thing a different twist.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A cooler morning. It was a good sleeping night, & no skunk! But it was another hot day with a high of 92. Two or 3 more days of heat, then it looks like it will moderate somewhat. We had bluer skies yest. & less smoke. Air quality for today is supposed to be good.

I did some FMQ yest. I finished quilting the sample block, then made a start on the Smoke & Fire quilt. I doing all over leaves, which sort of also look like a flame of fire.

Yest. eve. I watched part of Jenny & Natalie's Block Party birthday video which now is posted on YT. I'll finish it today. That multi-colored log cabin quilt with the scalloped edges really caught my eye. There were so many beautiful quilts displayed.

The visitation for my friend who died last week is this eve. from 6-7:30. Only 25 are allowed at the graveside service tomorrow, so I guess that will be family only.

My big job for today will be to scrub the shower. I usually use a mix of Comet Cleanser & water & scrub the tile with a brush. Not one of my favorite jobs, but it needs to be done. It usually takes me at least 90 min. It involves scrubbing DH's shower bench, too. I'll set it out in the sun to dry.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      I also liked the one made with the circle cutter called architecture.

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      The log cabin quilt caught my eye as well. The yellow really made it special. I also liked the house quilt behind them that Natalie made. I think having a tea and watching them in real time last night, helps ease that isolated feeling the world is feeling in various degrees. I like Natalie, she is easy to listen to and appreciate. I am getting old when just watching some people bounce and talk fast makes me tired to just look at them. I don't get that feeling with Jenny and Natalie.. Jenny and Natalie always make me feel like I there visiting in person, and everything is happy and relaxed. I will watch it again today when things are quiet. The CC is hilarious in how it thinks it knows what they are saying.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Caring thoughts for you on the loss of your friend in this difficult time.

Good morning everyone!

Rain here for the next few days. I've got my heating pad on...no furnace yet, but it won't be long. The roofers got one roof half done yesterday. They will be back next week when we get a break in the rain.

Got my Seeds of Gratitude wallhanging quilt top finished yesterday. I love how it turned out. I made a post called Seeds of Gratitude if you want to check it out. The finishing is on hold for now. I'll work on it when I can.

My mama's meeting is today. If she's in then she moves next week. She's going to show me today where her two storage lockers are that she hasn't seen in years and doesn't remember what's in there. 😰😂

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy, and safe!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Those storage lockers could hold many treasures and memories!

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Going through those storage units will certainly be interesting. When we sold the Brooklyn house a few years ago, we didn't have storage lockers to go through but did have many closets with lots of things from 3 generations of memories. I hope things go well with your mom's meeting today.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope everything goes well today. I have a storage unit.... Howard's Napa collectibles, my Christmas stuff and Mike's stuff. Jim stuck stuff in there. I need to go and inventory what's in there. I think I'm ready for another purge.

Good morning. A bit of a cloudy morning but I think it will be nice enough to have lunch with Ceil. I am looking forward to the fall weather but not to the weather that will keep us from our outdoor lunch times.

Monique, it sure sounds like you had a fun and productive day. Barb, I am like you. Trimming my own hair has been the practice this year.

Yesterday we went to the farm and picked up the corn we will use for Thanksgiving. We will get them blanched and into the freezer. The day before, we canned our bread and butter pickles. Not sure if we will do the canned marinara sauce this year.

Good news yesterday. My son John was possibly exposed to covid at work about 10 days ago so he went for testing and Rob went as well since they were around each orher. Both had their rapid test results come back as negative. I guess they were told that that test is about 87% accurate. They just wait for the results of the second test which takes a few days to come back.

Time to get something accomplished this morning. Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news Ginny!

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Good news Ginny!

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great news, Ginny! I know I held my breath when we were waiting for my daughter’s test to come back. She has since been tested a few more time, all negative.

Good morning everyone,

I was awake by 60 this morning. I know it might be weird, but I like it when it's dark when I get up 🙄. It feels so cozy in the house when it's dark out, and I'm sitting in my rocker with a cup of coffee. I don't mind the time change in the fall. It's in the 40's this morning, and we'll see 70 later today. I think I'll be in the garden picking beans and tomatoes today; with the warm weather they just keep producing.

I finished two more houses yesterday on the Winter Village project; just 6 more to go.

Last evening I met up with a friend from my teaching days, and we had a bite to eat and talked and talked for 5 hours! We hadn't seen each other since before CoVid, so we had a lot of catching up to do.

I have some laundry to do today, and other than that I hope to get more houses sewn.
    Enjoy the day!
    Jeanne

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Why is it when you type a time, it comes out as a "number"?

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder about the same thing. It’s irritating.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed that glitch for some time. That's why I'll type 6 a.m., e.g., rather than adding the 0's. I notice some folks have been using only one 0 so it doesn't do that. One more quirk of the Forum, I guess.

Good Morning Everyone,

it is is starting to rain here this morning. Thunder and lightning, too. Looks like it will be a small storm. Temp right now is mid 60's.

Interesting day yesterday. About 10 I saw that the phone said no line. Dave came in shortly after and said that he had been trying to get rid if all the cable lines on the outside if the house, many were unsee. Yep, he chose the wrong one. I am using my phone as a hot spot but we have no phone except my cell, no internet, except my cellphone and no television. Cable guy won't be here until tomorrow unless they have some time to fit us in.

Jim had his meeting yesterday and found out some things but things are now moving forward to get him into assisted living, finally. It probably will be another couple of months.

On on the list today is getting the tomatoes done and then I will probably work in some quilts.

Time me for some coffee. Have a great day everyone.
    Carlie

Comment

Good Morning All,

I've been busy this morning trying to upload pictures for sharing. Had it all ready, hit post and it said upload at least one picture. Well there were plenty of pictures loaded. So, I dumped that email and started all over again. It's posted now.

Yesterday, Mike and I started getting Gabby ready for the trip to see Jim's bunch. At least I don't have to take toys as she looks at them and walks away.

Jim was surprised I was bringing her. I didn't want to leave her in a kennel for about 2 weeks. She loves to ride, so why not?

I need to get started doing something around here, since I didn't do anything much yesterday.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Katrina ~ When I posted my sharing quilts, I posted 1 pic at a time. That worked for me. Try again.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, I don't know what possessed me to use the camera icon. If I use the image button everything works out great. Go figure.

Good Morning to All. Conference call in meeting with calif. attorney today, my son is also going to dial in and listen. My pkg to Tenn. attorney should arrive there tomorrow, documents certified and notarized and retainer check to get those probate proceedings started. Just hope it doesn't take weeks to get a court date. Escrow company has requested more documents and so the second offer I accepted is still hanging in there! Wet weather is still delaying the move of a prefab shed/red barn off the property in Tenn, moving it to a cousins property before I put the land up for sale. Things are still moving forward.

Still sewing and playing with my scraps. Going to have quite a few charity tops soon. Contemplating making 3 lap quilts for friends I used to work with, surprise them come Christmas. One is still working (from home) but two of them (and me) chose just to retire when the contract was lost a couple years ago. The best loss ever!

Time for another cup of coffee and watch the kick off of the birthday bash for today.

Please stay safe and have a good day!

Comment

Good morning,

I put the BDay video on pause for a bit so I could get started with my day. I want to get back to my quilt project this weekend and start an embroidery project. Maybe I should set up the other machine and multi-task. Watching the embroidery machine is like watching paint dry.

All the talk about meat-loaf and I think it will go on the list for dinner with DD next time. I need a dinner that can hold to serve when she gets in from school. Plus, I'll make her a care package for later in the week. Sounds delicious!

Happy Stitches!

Comment

It's really a late start for me today. I woke up about 5:30 not feeling well. As I always do when that happens, I checked my temperature (just fine) and no other symptoms, so I think it was my blood sugar. I've noticed that when my BS is low I sweat a lot and feel nausea, and I had that in spades. What's even stranger is when I finally checked, my sugar was 162. I read on either WebMd or somewhere that if your blood sugar dips at night, your body does things to compensate that raises it. Anyway, I'm feeling better now.

I sewed together a Churn Dash block yesterday using the Accquilt Go Big die. It turned out fairly well, although it still wasn't the right size. I'm pretty much stymied. Starching, not starching, being extra cautious on seam allowances, watching how I press, making sure not to stretch or distort the fabric. Nothing seems to work. It's not like it was three inches off, but it was off enough that it would be noticeable. Maybe I'm just not destined to sew perfect blocks.

Eye doctor appointment this afternoon. Not much else.

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Glad you are feeling better. I wake up nauseous at times, too I also think it’s a blood sugar issue.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello friends. I don't usually post on the daily updates but I read them every day with my morning coffee. So much going on with everyone. Well I am excited to report we finally have our house put back together after a month of incredible upheaval. You'll never guess what happened. An overnight guest brought bedbugs into our house. That was a first for us and I never wish this on anyone! One of daughters moved back home and she rented an apartment and moved out a month ago after living here for a year. Another dau and my SIL came to help her move, but bc they live 2+ hours away they came the night before. When they stripped her bed and tipped the mattress up they saw 2 or 3 bedbugs. Horrors! Luckily there is an upstairs porch with access into that BR so they immed took the mattress and box spring outside. My dh just flipped out. My SIL who had slept in the bed the night before, had numerous bites on him but he lives in the country and they have had so much rain he was unable to cut their grass until the day before they came here, and bc the grass was so long he thought he might have gotten the bites at home. Dh Rick called an exterminator on the spot who came about three hours later. In the meantime they proceeded with the move and dd put all of her clothing in sealed black plastic bags but she was paranoid that she was taking bugs into the new apt.

The exterm came and ID'd three bedbugs on the mattress outside but did not find any more. His entire inspection of the house (3000 SF) took less than ten minutes but he did get Rick to sign a contract to treat the whole house. This was Orkin. After he left I did some checking on Orkin and OMG the reviews were just terrible! So the next day Rick canceled the contract and went with a local company with excellent reviews.

Back tracking to day of the move. After returning the U-Haul my SIL stated he was having so much itching and pain from bites and pulled up his pants leg and shirt and he was covered with welts and his neck was slightly swollen. He wound up in the E.R. they said he had an allergic reaction to the bed bugs. By the time he got back it was almost 11 pm so they stayed another night and he was able to start the two medications they gave him right away. He is fine now.

Prepping the house for pest control tratment was unbelievable. We had to remove everything from all closet floors and under beds. All clothing in dresser drawers had to be removed AND WASHED and bagged in black contractor bags and put in the attic. Every item of clothing in every single closet had to be WASHED and bagged up in the attic incl all bedding, all quilts even those not being used in closets (about 30) and all linens from linen closets yes WASHED and bagged. Curtains all had to ceme down and get WASHED. All coats had to be taken to dry cleaners. Every room had to be vacuumed to the edges (hands and knees with atattachments and we have carpeting in every room except kitchen). All books had to be removed from shelves and bagged. They treated the whole house except kitchen and pantry. And yes even my sewing room had to be torn apart, fabrics all washed bagged and put in attic. The work was backbreaking and I cannot tell you how much money I spent at the laundromat!

Yes this story has a happy ending. No other bedbugs were found except those three, and just about everything is back in its place. The infected mattress and box spring went to the dump, good riddance. Well if you read this far, congratulations! Sorry the post is so LONG. I am sure glad my life is now getting back to normal!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                Mimi_Howard commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG! how horrible. Just hearing this makes me want to minimize my stuff now! I thought getting ready for termite tenting was a pain, it was nothing compared to what you had to go through. Glad the outcome was one of a happy ending. You did FALL cleaning to the EXTREME!

• Paisley
                Paisley commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh that’s dreadful! I did read to the end and I’m glad your life is getting normal. And glad your SIL is ok. That’s scary.

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                WOW, I hope I NEVER have that problem. Poor you. You won't need to spring clean for quite a few years. Happy that you finally have your house put back together.

That is really sad, I can't imagine all you had to do. And the emotion from all of it.

Comment

Working...
              X