Welcome Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Wednesday

Good morning friends. It was another very quiet day yesterday and I was able to finish hand quilting the quilt. Now to just add the binding. It will be another beautiful day today so I will get a load of wash out on the line to dry. I don't have anywhere to be today. Not sure what I will spend the rest of the day doing just yet.

Our area is in the Orange (for covid) which isn't good. The number of people to be together has gone down to 6. This area is very large. It means tighter restrictions. We just have to be more vigilant.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to finally get my hair cut. And then the Escape has an appointment at the garage in the afternoon. Hubby will be back sometime tomorrow.

Well that's it for me. Have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe and stay healthy. Prayers to all those affected by fires and storms.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Hi there Monique and others. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been on the Forum but thought I’d drop in today to see what is going on. The weather here is just beautiful as well. My job today is making sweet chili sauce. That will take most of the day but what a wonderful smell wafting through the house. I’m hoping to get a little bit of quilting done while the sauce simmers. I’m working on some Covid stash buster projects but those scraps just seem to multiply over night, so I don’t know if I’m making any progress at all.
    Have a great day everyone!
    Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Nancy, It’s good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to see a familiar face back. Hope you can tame those stash projects in short order. Gina

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome back Nancy. Happy canning and sewing.

Good Morning All,

It's Wednesday! Mike's off and took the car in for it's appointment. Even since the check engine light has been off since the day after he made the appointment, he's being more vigilant (than his brother!).

Jim called yesterday. The refrigerator in the camper was switching to gas and back to electricity even though they were hooked up to the electricity in the campground. Well, the kids cut the stabilizers off, so the camper was rocking. Once he got that back on, and the camper steady, the refrigerator worked great. He still wants to get a bigger refrigerator. I hope he'll wait until he gets back here and has the place he bought the camper from put a bigger camper fridge back in. I still think the tankless hot water heater for the camper would be a better idea for a first upgrade.

This morning is Bible Study. Nana is going to pick me up. I've enjoyed having this daytime event to go to every week. I need to finish getting ready. Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Enjoy your hair cut tomorrow Monique. It will feel so good! Please show us your quilt when you are done. 🙂

The roofers finally got started yesterday! And of course the rainy season started today lol. I doubt they will be back for a while, as it's supposed to rain for a week at least. But...they have started. It doesn't matter how long it will take. The job will get done.

I felt a bit better yesterday, so I baked biscuits for hubby for breakfast and made homemade pizza for him for dinner. His requests, as I can't seem to tolerate anything but oatmeal right now...even that's iffy. My Dr gave me the strongest medication for GERD to try for a couple of weeks. We will see how they work! Hubby bought me a cast iron pizza pan not to long ago, and it makes the best pizza! Sadly, I've lost my passion for cooking and baking. 😪 It's not much fun if can't eat it, nor easy to do if you can't taste it. I hope I get better enough to at least have yummy things as treats or small portions once in a while.

Between chores and online shopping for mama I got most of the top to my Seeds of Gratitude quilt completed. I just need to do the border and then I can baste and start quilting it. It's turning out well. I love the Susan Winget collection!

I will cook some food to take to mama's tomorrow and organize the packing material. I will go over there early and start packing before the long day again for her meeting. We should know at the meeting if she gets into assisted living or not. She should. It will be a long, emotional, and exciting day!

Have a great day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Rob, I’ve taken Prilosec for years.

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        HillBilly ~ Sorry about your problems with GERD. I hope the meds. help. On the web there are lists of foods to avoid to cut down on acid reflux. It's helpful to eliminate those foods. The goal should be to get off the meds. ASAP. Long term use is not recommended. There are side effects to all medications, even vitamins & OTC meds. Now that many reflux meds. are OTC & readily available without a prescription from the dr., some people take the pills & continue to eat like they always ate without making any dietary changes. Acid reflux is not something to ignore. If the problem persists, that irritation of the esophagus can cause more serious problems, even cancer. Become an informed patient. Any drug can be looked up on internet by name, or check drugs.com for info., drug interactions, & side effects. Okay, I'll get off my soap box. Nurse Joy.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Nurse Joy. I appreciate your help and concern, and I agree with you. I have tried everything to no avail.

Good morning!

It's going to be a beautiful day here, with a high around 75. I'm looking forward to opening up all the windows.

Tomorrow I work on site. That wasn't great planning on my part, I will miss the first day of the birthday bash! I hope M* has it available for later viewing.

A friend of mine wants to meet for lunch where there's outdoor dining. We might do that Friday. We need to take advantage of the good weather while it lasts. I haven't seen her since her retirement party at the end of July.

I almost had eight yards of free fabric yesterday! Fabric.com sent me someone else's order. Customer service was going to let me keep the fabric, because there was no way to know who it was for. I told the gal that the customer's order number was on the sticker for the fabric. She did a little research...and now I need to find a box to send it back. They sent me a label via email for the shipping. They are re-sending my order, minus one item, which is now out of stock. Fortunately, I found the item on another website.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        8 yards? Sounds like someone was thinking about a stack and whack.... or just stocking up on a solid. I know the person that was supposed to get it first, is missing it.

You're a good egg, Julie.

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. They should have let you keep it. That amount is nothing to them amd you helped them out by letting them know of their error.

• toggpine
        toggpine commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for sending it back. 8 yards is a lot. I'd be very sad if I had ordered it for a quilt and couldn't get it.
        That being said, I think they should give you a credit for a future purchase.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We're having beautiful weather, too. But warmer than I'd like. It hit 92 yest. It was another warm evening. I left the windows open all night again. Hadn't been asleep long, when there was a strong skunk odor again. Yuk! It was too warm to close the windows, so I just put up with it. I was able to get back go sleep. Today mid-80's are predicted.

Our county is having increases in C-19 as well. It can be blamed on the univ. students not being compliant with mask wearing & social distancing. I heard on the news that some of the football coaches are getting stiff fines for not wearing their masks during games.

I was tired yest. from all my work on Mon., so I took it easy. I did get some practice FMQ done on the sample. I adjusted the tension on the bobbin--again!--and the stitches look better. Sometimes it takes a lot of tweaking to get it just right. It can be frustrating.

Today is our BSF discussion group on Zoom. It looks like in-person Bible study may not happen until Jan.

Comment

Good Morning all,

Our weather has been quite nice also, today is supposed to be in the lower 80's. Right now it is 55. We have a slight chance for rain, not much though. Weatherman says that on Tuesday we will have a high of 61 and lows in the lower 40's. I may just pull the rest of my tomatoes and get the garden cleaned up for the winter. I have several plants outside that Dave wants to have potted to see if they will winter in the garage. We are waiting for a hard frost to bring in the rose tree then that will winter on the patio (that's what we call it but it is a year-round room)

Nothing much accomplished yesterday except getting groceries. We did go to Carson's birthday celebration. He is such a cutie. We got there and he greeted us with a hug. He was dressed in nice pants and shirt with a vest! Jennifer says that when he has facetime with his teacher he will put on a vest and a bowtie. He prefers the bowties. We also got to see our oldest grandson. We haven't seen him since July 4 when we had them all over.

Heard back from the doctor's office about my injections. They have received them and I have an appointment next Wednesday. I'm glad that I have a definite date but was disappointed that it won't be until next week. I'll just have to be careful with what I do.

I will be meeting my son at the rehab facility late this morning. He has a meeting with an individual from the county to discuss housing. Hopefully something is available and we can get him out of the rehab facility. They keep getting new COVID 19 cases. I think they have had 3 residents and 4 or 5 staff members since Jim went there in August. Jim said that they are now doing weekly testing on everyone. Our meeting today will be held outside and I will be wearing my mask, Jim was concerned enough to mention that even though we are outside he wants me to wear a mask.

After the meeting I think I'll go cut out the Glamor Girl quilt for Jennifer's BFF. It shouldn't take too long, the strips are 5 1/2" and there are 5 half yard pieces. I may start piecing as well although I need to do some practice quilting, too, before I start on the Irish Change.

Time for a cup of coffee and some breakfast. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

Good morning,

It's the middle of the week and one appointment this afternoon for DH. Hopefully, there will be some stitching time later this morning. I think the bobbin thread issue is solved. There are two different bobbin cases for my machine. The green dot case was in the machine and I needed the purple dot case. The owner of LQS explained the differences when I called to update her about the issue. Back in business.

We had a beautiful afternoon yesterday with DGS and DD. When I picked him up from day-care, he told me that he missed me so much! The little ones give us heart smiles for sure. We just visited last week.

Caring thoughts to you as you go through your day today. Happy stitches!

Comment

Good Morning to All. Errand running yesterday, bank, post office, pharmacy and on way home drive thru for a burger. I think I was out and about for like 3 hours and actually got my car up to 50 mph, of course the speed thingy on the side of the road started flashing "slow down". Yes I was speeding (not on purpose), it was only a 45 mph street. I actually put on at least 12 miles on my car too. Got my flu shot yesterday and so far not as bad as last year. Did take a 3 hr nap and with ibuprophen the head ache is in check this morning. Going to take it slow n go today. Sew some more with the scraps.. do they ever stop multiplying?

Hope all have a safe and relaxing day! Time for more coffee.

Comment

• LauraP
              LauraP commented
              Editing a comment
              the scraps only stop when you quit cutting. Live with the scraps

Good morning everyone,

The last two days were in the 80's. The AC even came on! Today will be a high of 70....perfect! Then we'll have more seasonal temps in the mid 60's. Our leaves are looking gorgeous! I drove to Grand Forks yesterday, and all the trees were so colorful. I'm grateful God created us to appreciate nature's beauty.

I got a haircut while in Grand Forks; it was getting pretty unruly. The last of the brown is gone now, and I'm officially gray. For years I always thought I had an ugly shade of gray when looking at the roots, but I really like it. It's a mixture of dark to light tones. I arranged to have lunch with my quilting friend (the one I've gone on the shop hops with). I had left some fabric in her car from last week when we were doing the ND shops. And of course, when I got home, I realized I forgot to take it from her car AGAIN. If I had half a brain, I'd be dangerous. Oh well, and excuse to get together again. This afternoon I'm meeting another friend after she's done with her school day (she's a paraprofessional). We haven't seen each other since before CoVid.

Work continues on the Winter Village (Edyta Sitar) quilt. I had purchased it as a BOM, so I have all the fabrics. I do wish they had included more prints from the line. I'm getting tired of the same fabrics. I noticed in the two packages coming up there is finally a different fabric, but not very big pieces.

I've been so tired lately, and my morning BS numbers have been higher. I suppose they're related. I better take a look at what I've been eating.

Carlie, I sure hope the injections will give you some relief.
            Hillbilly, I suffer from GERD too, but taking omeprazole keeps it in check. I do have to watch that I don't eat too much deep fried food. I hope the new medicine works for you.

Enjoy the day everyone.
            Jeanne

Comment

• Claire Hallman
              Claire Hallman commented
              Editing a comment
              I started taking omeprazole when they took ranatadine off the market and it works even better for me.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Jeanne. My Doctor is trying different ones. Hope he finds one that work. I can barely eat anything.

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeanne, I talked with my doctor last week about the difference between what I got 6 months ago and the one he will now be giving me. Basically they are the same with, he said, some little differences. The only reason he went with the first one is because it is the original one and the most studied. I've gotten relief from the first two and went longer without pain this time. There has to be 6 months between injections and I know that I was starting to hurt in January and had to wait until the end of February for the injection. This time my knee didn't start hurting until a couple weeks ago so that is over 6 months. Hoping it continues. He says I should have knee replacements but also told me that as long as the injections take care of the pain I can keep getting them and not ever have to have the replacement. I know that loosing weight will help too and I've been working on that.

Good morning.

Not much happened yesterday. One of the quilts I would like to make has flying geese around the center block, and I have never made them before, so I took some of my leftover Kansas Troubles fabric, plus a green from my reproduction stash, and experimented. I used the Accuquilt die to cut them, and they turned out fairly well, although not as perfect as I would have liked. I figured for the first time they were acceptable. I'll keep practicing before attempting to make the quilt.

Ordered my Sew Steady custom table for my machine yesterday. Cheryl has one on her machine (not Sew Steady, but similar in concept), and she loves it, so I decided to give it a try. Also ordered a couple of Kansas Troubles layer cakes and a jelly roll for the Daybreak quilt. Every time I say that name, I think of Barry Manilow. Lucky for me I actually like his music.😅

Will probably not get back into the sewing room until Friday as I have another eye appointment tomorrow. Saturday, of course, is when we pick up Patsy, so I imagine our hands will be full with her for the weekend. We will have to get used to her and she us, so it will be a period of adjustment. Luckily, she is housebroken so that shouldn't be an issue. We've also decided if there ever comes a time when we're going to be gone for a few hours (like when we go to the quilt show in Paducah), we will likely put her in doggy day care instead of leaving her at home by herself. When I finally go back to work, she will have to be here alone, but her foster said she didn't have to be crated or anything, so I think that will work out, but I never felt right about leaving Droopy alone for as long as we did when we went to Paducah. That way, she will have access to other dogs and someone to take her potty when she needs to go.

Have a great day all!

Rob
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Rob ~ Your geese are looking good. When I make them, I measure & square up each one for accuracy.

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Rob, please research your doggy day care. I am leery of some. Gina

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed, research the doggy day care business. After all, you are entrusting your family member to them. My future DIL owns a doggy day care. The clients (both canine and human) love it.

Good Morning....Its been a hectic day so far. I went to Dollar General early for batteries, laundry supplies and snacks. Then I went to our local market for a load of food, mostly sale items. When I got home Jeff was helping our new propane delivery guy get his truck out of our front ditch. Jeff also had to pull his truck out when he was leaving, as he kept going back into the ditch on one side. I don’t see a future for this guy unless he learns to drive. While he was leaving FedEx was coming in with a load of bottled water from WalMart. Once that was done I sanitized everything and put things away. Now I can start my housework.

It’s gloomy again today and it rained a little on my truck when I went to town - just enough to mess up my dusty windshield.

I have plans to sort through some fabric today. I want to make a Flying Geese quilt of alternating vertical rows of geese and sashing. Jeff says it sound like torture to make all those geese. Luckily there are new easy techniques that make it fun.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              You have put in a full day watching all that fun with the trucks!

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm curious, Barb, which method are you planning to use for your FG?

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              MSN, I’m not sure what method I will use for the geese yet. I’m stuck on choosing fabric at this point.

Good morning!! It's still morning in Tx. I'm taking a small break from work. Busy day!!

We had KFC last night...they screwed up the chicken and gave us breast meat. I have to go back today and they are giving us a free bucket. Daniel loves KFC. I perfer homecooked but if I get a night off from cooking that's fine with me!

After getting the food I worked on Barbie skirts. I'm having so much fun. I made 10 last night. Tonight I'll start on the other skirt patterns. When my girls were little we didn't have the same access to free patterns...oh I'm loving it! You guys might get tired of Barbie clothes by the time I'm done!! I'm trying to get them all done soon so I can move on to quilts!!

Just a quick check in. I need to make Daniel breakfast and get back to work!!

Have a wonderful day. Rachel

20200923_114311.jpg

Comment

• geegeequilts
              geegeequilts commented
              Editing a comment
              Rachel, those skirts are too cute! I'm glad that you're the one making them, lol. Gina

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here Barb. We don't even miss eating out.

Rachel...those are darling! There's even a Halloween one!!

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              How cute are these!

Good afternoon everyone. Wow, it's almost 1 pm. Not much of a lunch break, but oh well. I finally got the binding sewed to the front of my brother's quilt last night, so now we are down to hand stitching and the label. I am so glad to be almost done with that. Work is crazy crazy these days, but there is an end in sight. So yippee! Quarter close will be over soon. Tonight after work, I will pick up DGD, as she is coming with me to my sister's beach house rental for Thursday and Friday. Weather is supposed to be very nice. I'm looking forward to the trip and break from work. Have to log back in now, so happy day to you !

Comment

Our trip to the lake was cancelled due to the weather we are expecting. Not much fun to be there during thunder storms.
              I finally decided on the Kansas Trouble Christmas charms, they are going to be a 5 & dime quilt. I had to do a work around since I have two charm packs and no layer cake. I found some stash yardage that will work and one of the charm packs will substitute for 10 layer cake slices. Since everything is eventually cut into 5" squares this will work out fine. At least I think it will. I went ahead and cut everything into 5" squares and 2 1/2" squares. They are ready to feed through the machine while it rains tomorrow.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear about your trip Claire. Sounds like you've found a fun substitute.
            Working...
            X