Hello Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Tuesday

Good morning dear friends. I had a very quiet day at work, all my customers that had a slot inside are all now in community boxes. I am not seeing many people. I did get quilting on Bonnie's quilt and I will have that finished today. Then I can attach the binding and be done with it.

I had a mouse this morning, but he caught himself in two traps. I have three set in the one place, pretty well guaranteed to catch them. Out he went for a bird to pick him up.

Not much else to report this morning.

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!
    Attached Files
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning Monique and Everyone. It’s totally dark but it’s time to start the new day. The time change is November 1st, another month away. Jeff brought me a cup of tea to help me wake up.

Monique, it’s great that you have a job where you can work on your quilting! When I worked for the State we weren’t allowed to even bring a magazine or book to work. I did housework yesterday and there will be more of the same today.

Have a safe and happy day friends.

Last edited by Bubby; September 22, 2020, 07:35 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Senator Scott and Rubio are going to introduce a bill to extend Daylight Savings Time. The desire is to not have to switch anymore. Of course, with the way Congress drags their feet, there's little hope of it passing anytime soon.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like to see standard time extended year round. This switching spring & fall is ridiculous.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that changing the time is absurd. It messes up our dogs more than just. When we had Olive she refused to change. Dottie was a bit more flexible.

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining! Maybe that silly Nor'easter has passed through. They were worried last night about the low lying areas near the St. John's river. We're on high grounds. We've had plenty of drizzle, not much rain but it's been windy for several days.

Today, I'll be finishing up the lesson for our Bible Study. This week is all about Simon/ Peter. She always brings out points that I've never really thought about. Now for the notebook and questions.

Mike's got his vacation all set up. Middle of October, he's got 2 weeks. Part of one week will be at Jim and Morgan's (a hotel close by) and time in the Charlotte area. We'll see what happens there!

Time to get busy, Mike gets off early today!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I got a lot accomplished yest. I started the freezer project before my breakfast by unloading all the food into boxes & setting the pans of hot water on the shelves. While that was working, I ate breakfast. I do 2 rounds of hot water in the pans, then finish up with the hair dryer to get the final ice off the top coils. By the time everything was done, it took 2.5 hrs.

When I was getting my boxes out of the shed for the freezer job, I decided it was time to do some reorganizing in the shed. Using the box cutter, I dismantled many extra boxes so they'd fit in the recycle toter. I moved some items into our other shed, did some vacuuming & straightening up. It felt good to get started on that project -- to be continued another day. We have many boxes of scrap wood that we had collected years ago when we used to burn our wood stove. DS#2 & his friend plan to come haul those away one of these days. Now those boxes are more accessible. I saw only 1 wasp. I had sprayed again early a.m. when it was cool. I hope most of them are dead.

It was very warm yest. High temp. was 91. By late afternoon & eve. it was up to 82 in the house. No attic fan or swamp cooler to help now since things got winterized. We had the house fans going. At bedtime I left all the windows open & ran a fan in my BR all night.

The Cameron Peak Fire in CO now has spread to 104,000 acres & is only 15% contained. More folks had to evacuate.

Comment

Mimi, Thank goodness there is another month before November. Since Jeff retired we have trouble with dates and days...lol!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning,

It's a busy kind of day with little errands on the list. The best part of the day will be seeing my little man this afternoon. There are lots of new things in his basket to discover and play with today. Bubbles, sidewalk chalk and a bike ride later will be fun. Plus we will have dinner with DD too.

Yesterday was just a mixed-up mix-up kind of day from the dealer shuttle service to a lost radio antenna. I think it came off at the car wash the day before. Who knows? Then the dryer lint fell down the vent which meant pull out the dryer and clean. When I went outside to check it the door on the AC box was open. DH had to close it for me. I'm going to change the vent and have a magnetic one installed. Easier to take off for cleaning.

I wasn't able to try a sample on my machine yesterday to see how it behaves with the bobbin issue. That is first on my list this morning.

Hope your day is great!

Comment

Good morning!

We have temps in the 40's to start the day. It should see a high in the upper 60's, low 70's.

We had a pretty good visit with Mom yesterday. Temps were a little cool, you could tell she was chilled even though she was wearing her jacket. With all the weight she lost, it is too big for her now. One of the gals who schedules the visitations told me they are changing the visitation schedule. No more Monday visits! The only days they have are Tuesdays and Saturdays. We will go Tuesday mornings. I have a regular meeting scheduled at 1pm on Tuesdays that I have to attend. She said they will be bringing the visits inside soon.

I need to run up to the local Fresh Thyme this morning to get the bunny some greens. It is hit or miss (usually miss) at the Giant Eagle.

Time for a second cup of tea and to log back in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning to all. Trip to the credit union today, seems my probate docs I signed for the state of Tenn was missing a "now required" verbage. So new updated docs need to be notarized. Good thing I get the service free with the credit union. At $10 a signature, it can get costly real quick. So today I get to drive to the other side of town... longer road trip than usual, about 12 miles round trip.

Well I finished my attempt at the Gnomes panel with FMQ. Definitely lots and lots of room for improvement. But I finished it and that's what counts! And I will display it come Christmas.

Please stay safe and hope all have a good day today!

Bubby... glad to hear we still have October. I know Halloween has been cancelled in many places, but to cancel October too... LOL
              Last edited by Mimi_Howard; September 22, 2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• KPH
                KPH commented
                Editing a comment
                I think we're all wanting 2020 to end, already!

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes...yes we are! Lol Covid was just the icing on the cake for my family's year.

Good morning everyone!

The roofers finally came yesterday. Hooray! That being said, they dropped off some material and left for an hour and a half to get a tarp to cover it and left for the day. They may or may not be back today depending on if it rains. The rest of the week is forcasted for rain (and pretty much the next 6 or 7 months) , so who knows when it'll get done...but it will...I hope, lol.

Worked a bit on my Seeds of Gratitude quilt. Got Block 1 blocks done. They turned out well except for one thing...some of the directkonal fabric is going the wrong way. Oops! Lessons learned for next time... 1. Don't quilt when tired, not focused or stressed...practice FMS on scrap instead or organize sewing area. 2. Plan out and read pattern instructions more carefully...don't rush to get it done. In fact...do this BEFORE purchasing fabric, lol. 3. Make a design board...don't chain piece everything willy nilly. Lol. 4. Give starch another try...or Best Press at least. I love this fabric collection and I will love this quilt. And like you wonderful people have said...no one will notice but me. My overall quilting has improved greatly since I've joined this community, and I have all you lovely new friends to thank. THANK YOU!! A big hug to you all for your words of wisdom, support, kindness and help!

Today I will have a virtual chat with dad, phone chats with mama, quilt, chores, bill paying and online shopping for new furniture for mama...at least figure out what to get. Can't purchase until we get confirmation on Thursday.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!
              Last edited by Hillbillyhike; September 22, 2020, 09:00 AM.
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Rhonda K
                Rhonda K commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats on your improvement with quilting. I hope the roofers get back to you soon.

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                Those directional prints can be tricky. I know I've run into that issue as well.

Good morning! Our guild sit-n-sew was yesterday afternoon. We kept our distances and wore masks while enjoying getting together again. One of our members had been given a lot of orphan blocks. There was a set of 30 sewn blocks that we used to make a quick quilt top. We'll add some borders, complete the quilt, and donate it to the local Homemaker's organization for an online auction in November. Other than making masks, it was the first time I'd sewn in months and it felt good.
              It's a beautiful fall day here in southern KY. Happy Fall, y'all!
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was in the 80's. Today will be the same. At least the humidity is not bad. I went to get groceries already this morning and looked at the rivers (my town is where two rivers meet). The jetties (I think that is what they are called) are really showing on the Minnesota River and there is a huge sandbar on the Blue Earth. The Blue Earth river is just a hop, skip and a jump from where I am. This is the lowest I've seen the rivers in several years. We are in a flood plane and have been concerned the last couple of years, especially the fall/winter of 2018-2019. The rivers were so high that year going into winter and we had a lot of snow. Luckily we do have the dike that was put in after the 1965 flood. Shouldn't be any worries this year.

I picked up the quilt kit from my daughter yesterday and will probably get that cut out in the next couple of days. It will be a simple quilt, the pattern being used is Bolero and the quilt is called Glamor Girl. Pinks and black. Jennifer wanted minky for the backing so I ran up to Joann's and picked up some pink minky. Should be able to get it done quit quickly.

I'm not planning on doing much today. We ordered a dumpster yesterday and hope to have it here this morning but you never know how long it will take. I'm hoping to help Dave get the siding he took off the dining room and shop loaded up into the dumpster. I would like him to take it easy today as we have been invited to Jennifer's house for supper tonight. They are having Subway--It is Carson's 10th birthday and that is what he requested for his birthday supper. If Dave works all day he will not feel like driving over. He was pretty pooped yesterday and his knees and arm were bothering him. He also said his plantar fasciitis is acting up again, probably because he has spent a lot of time on the ladder.

Otherwise it will probably be a pretty quiet day. Time for some coffee and breakfast. Have a great day everyone.
                Carlie

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Claire Hallman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ladders are really hard on your feet. Hope he feels better and enjoy the birthday party.

• CarlieBlilie
                  CarlieBlilie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thankfully he realizes how much he can push himself so that it doesn't keep him from working the next day. Sometimes he can be so annoying with his common sense, lol.

I am a bit tired today, I lay awake trying to figure out whether to make my Christmas KT charm packs into a Kansas Troubles 5&dime quilt or the double square from last week's video. What a dumb thing to keep one awake. 🙄
                We are scheduled to go to the lake this weekend but with the pending hurricane path I think postponing would be the best idea. I sent an e-mail to our hosts and we shall see if they think staying home is better or not. If we go then I need to go to the grocery store for ingredients for my breakfast casserole. I don't want to😕 but we shall see.
                I lost a dear quilting friend over the weekend and think I am really very sad from that shock.

Comment

• Rhonda K
                  Rhonda K commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Claire,

I am sorry for your loss of your dear friend. May you have comfort in your heart and special memories bring you peace.

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im sorry about your friend. I know you must have many happy memories to comfort you.

• CarlieBlilie
                  CarlieBlilie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for the loss of your friend. I agree that may have been part of the issue not being able to sleep but it seems anytime I start working out something for a quilt too close to bed I am awake for a lot longer than normal. That is the only time I have problems going to sleep.

Good morning!

Already planning in my mind the next project, although I doubt I'll get started on it very soon. I need a break. I spoke to the foster yesterday and we've settled on a time to transfer Patsy. We will meet them at 1 p.m., which will mean we have to leave here about 8:30 or so in the morning to make sure we give ourselves enough time to get to the destination, which is about 3 hours and 35 minutes from us. I want to give ourselves time to be able to eat a leisurely lunch before meeting our girl!

Not really much else going on here, although I got another idea this morning for something I want to try. Donna Jordan did a quilt called "Daybreak" using Civil War fabrics (Kansas Troubles Thistle Farm). As she explains it, it looks fairly straightforward, but I doubt I will attempt a large size. We'll have to see what happens, but I want to challenge myself. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8dcZVTRHY

Have a great day all!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                  Rob the HOAQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't fully committed to the quilt yet. I get suspicious when someone tells me "oh this is an easy quilt to make." I've downloaded the pattern and looked it over, and I will watch the video at least a couple of more times before starting anything.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. It's been too long since we've had a dog in the house.

Rob

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That makes a beautiful quilt. The blocks are simple. It’s the layout that makes it look intricate. Go for it, Rob.

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've seen that Daybreak pattern done in a variety of fabrics. I think I would prefer all the same background fabric. In the quilt Donna made, for some reason the blue fabrics seem to not fit -- just my opinion. They seemed to stand out from the rest of the fabrics. It certainly looks like a doable pattern. Not one I've made or have on my bucket list. Go for it.
              Working...
              X