Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Let's see if Katrina & I post at the same time. LOL!

I had a busy day yest. Groc. shopping at 2 stores, then the kitchen work. I put the beets on to cook as soon as I got home. While they were cooking, I ate lunch, then cut up the 3 large filets of salmon into 1 serving sizes & got them in the freezer. It made 49 pieces. The poor freezer is really frosted up. I'll have to defrost it before I make another batch of chicken soup.

I was too tired to sew; no FMQ got done. Every eve. is the hand watering routine. It was so hazy from smoke yest, that by 7:15 when I went out to water, it was dusk & getting dark quickly.

This a.m. the service guy comes between 10-12 to drain & winterize our swamp cooler. Just one of the many tasks that DH used to be able to do, but now we have to pay someone to do. It's hard to believe in a few more days it already will be Oct.

It's supposed to be close to 90 deg. today; if it reaches 90 in Denver, it will break the record for the most 90 deg. (or hotter) days for the summer. I know I recorded at lot of 90's & even 100's on my calendar. I mark down the low & high temp. on my calendar.

Have a great week end.

Good morning everyone!

Another early wake up for me. I would have thought after all the move planning yesterday that my brain would have been exhausted enough to sleep better last night! Mover is booked, have an auction lined up and ordered boxes and tape. When that comes I will start packing up mama. I didna lot of purging already last fall while she was in hospital. The apartment shouldn't be too bad. I'm dreading the mystery storage lockers! Lol. I will use this weekend to catch up and get ahead around the house.

Joy...sounds like you had a very busy day as well yesterday. The smoke is still bad here as well and it's keeping me indoors with my lung condition. Things are getting wild in the garden! Hope I can get caught up before the rains come! Hubby brought in a bunch of green beans and tomatoes yesterday. I need to make sauce today I think...or freeze them for later.

Finished the embroidery late last night on mama's quilt. Need to press and maybe starch it today and get the batting and backing ready. I will show when done.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you are also on the "hurry up and wait" path. It is frustrating and exhausting at times and I just keep reminding myself of the Roosevelt quote. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Greay quote! Yes Mimi...that I am lol. Thankfully her current apartment is owned so there is no hurry. However, I think it would sell better in the fall than winter so I'd like to get it done quickly...and off my plate. In the meantime I keep on quilting! Maybe I will get my fall wallhanging started.

Good Morning Joy and all that follow. I weathered yesterday (dads birthday) better than I was expecting. No emotional hurdles until bedtime... then the brain would not shut up! I did take a pill to ward off an anxiety attack and finally fell asleep. Little groggy this morning, but that is okay. I made the mistake of checking email before bedtime. Notice from Calif attorney that my certified administrator paperwork was finally received. A pkg coming to me with instructions on what all I have to do now. That I think is what triggered the brain. For now the Tenn attorney and relator can actually start the probate process for Tenn property. And email from his accountant telling me what to look for to file his 2019 taxes. And a note from IRS that his 2018 taxes are now considered paid in full. Still have the back payment arrangement to deal with that covers 2014 thru 2017.

Also learned of a dear neighbor passing on Sunday. She was under hospice and her passing was not covid related. Her son moved back couple of years ago when she was diagnosed with dementia and had a bad fall. Just been a downhill journey, but he made sure she was able to live out her time in her own house. A promise he made to her years ago. She is now in heaven with her hubby (past years ago) and no longer suffering. She has been friends of my family since 1979 when we moved into the culdesac.

But I did manage to run errand to grocery store and now have food for when the kids/grandkids come for a lunch visit today. Also put the two gnomes together for a table runner. gnome table.jpeg

Time to get more coffee and get on with my day. Hope all have a safe and happy day.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      A big hug to you Mimi!! A very emotional day indeed. Sounds like you were kind to yourself and did what was needed. The gnomes are super cute!

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love gnomes, super cute!! Glad you got some rest. I helped my mom when my grandma passed, it's very rmotional with memories. I made her a memory quilt, i shed a lot of tears while making that. Hugs to you.

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugs to you as you remember your Dad's birthday and deal with all the paperwork. Those little gnomes are the cutest.

Good Morning Joy and those who follow. I was checking here around 8, and decided it would be wise to wait a little bit to post.

I didn't do a lot yesterday. I just couldn't get motivated to start on another room. I did pick out my first day of quilt sharing. I started going through some of my thumb drives to see if I could find some of my older quilts. lol, no luck there, I did find all of Howard's old pictures. Maybe I'll have better luck today.

Today, it's dreary. They're calling for a nor'easter with 12' waves. It's not that windy here. I'm hoping they're wrong. So far, we've had sprinkles. We'll see what the day brings.

Have a great day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      No, Barb, we're about 20 minutes from the beach and in the highest elevations of Jacksonville. We are close to the St. John's river, which they've warned may flood, but we're on the wrong side of the road to worry about that.

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay safe Katrina! My son is in Jacksonville..confined to base otherwise I'd offer his help if needed. They aren't allowed to leave.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Rachel, is your son at the NAS or Mayport? My son was stationed at Mayport, spent his time in on two different frigates. lol, the second one, he was assigned to the 'sell that ship' duty as well as navigator.

So far, I think the weatherman missed the forecast. We've had sprinkles and some wind, but nothing like they were calling for. I just checked the weather radar, even zoomed out, it doesn't look like it's going to be that bad around here. We'll see what the afternoon brings.

Good Morning ☀️ I feel like I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I’m not a nap taker so I guess I will drag through the day.

Yesterday I made some cute coasters on the emb machine. There are nice patterns available for holiday sewing. I need to make two more to finish the set and then I will make them in a larger size as a gift.

We are still getting haze from the fires out west. We worked on Jeff’s side of the garage yesterday. After about two hours I had to go indoors because I was having trouble breathing.

Joy, I know how hectic food shopping day is. It wears me out. I still sanitize everything we bring into the house and that adds to the task. I cook ahead for the Girls but nothing to the extent you do.

Jeff and the Girls just came in and it’s chaotic...Sugar and Maggie are racing through the house and barking nonstop. I will check in a little later.

Have a great day everyone. Hugs.....

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      We can drag through the day together Barb! We still order groceries online, do a curbside contactless pick up amd sanitize everything. Once every 2 weeks isn't too bad. We both do amd and have gotten the routine down to an art form, lol.

Good Morning Everyone,

In the 40's again this morning. In talking with Dave he said that this coming week we are supposed to get into the 70's and possibly 80's for a day or two. Pretty warm for this time of the year.

Not much accomplished yesterday outside of helping Dave with the siding a time or two. Just trying to keep my knees happy. I called the pharmacy that is supplying the injections and they told me the doctor's office had to call to schedule delivery. Sounds backward to me. However, I called the doctor's office and talked with the gal who takes care of pre-authorizations and she then called the pharmacy and got things arranged. She called me back to let me know the injections should be here on Tuesday at which time they will call me to make an appointment. I'm happy with that. Unless something holds up the delivery I should be able to get the injections by the end of next week.

Today I am going to pick some more tomatoes, they are ripening nicely right now. I would think with the 70's and 80's this coming week I should see some more ripe tomatoes by the end of the week.

I did finishing layering all of the 9-piece blocks for the Irish Change quilt. I am planning on doing the quilting today and tomorrow. Originally I was thinking of just quilting the "x" in each of the blocks but now I'm wondering if I should do something more decorative in the "blank" blocks (they are all batik prints), maybe a daisy-like flower or something like that. Still haven't made up my mind.

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm headed for a cup of coffee!
    Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorry there are so many hoops you have to jump through to get your injections. I agree that the process seems backwards.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      It's tough suffering while you wait. Hang in there Carlie! Hug!!

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Barb and Hike! I'm doing okay, don't feel like I'm suffering. I'm no where near as bad when I was waiting for the first injection. Had to wait 3 months. The worst part was my knee, only the left one was giving me issues, was so bad that I could not go to the Garth Brooks concert that my daughter and son-in-law were taking me and his mom to for Mothers Day. I would never have been able to do the steps. Right now I can get around okay and as long as I'm not on my feet for hours or going up and down stairs I'm okay.

Good morning all. It's chilly here this morning. Chilly enough that we noticed that the heat turned on downstairs at some point during the night.

Today we will head over to Henry's ballgame. We haven't been in a few weeks. It will be nice to see the kids.

Yesterday I got another Secret Santa gift completed and worked on two others for a bit too. I am not sure how much time I will get in the sewing room today but I hope to at least have a little while in there.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a good time at the game, Ginny. Our heat came on this morning because it got down to 46. Winter is on the way for sure.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      We have heat on this morning as well. We are already up 56 and it only 9:30. I imagine it will be in the 70's today.

Have fun Ginny!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Morni,Ng all,

It's a bit chilly here this morning but thankfully not enough that we miss our heat. Hopefully Tuesday the burner will be fixed and then we will be ready for the falling temps that will be here soon enough.

Did get in the sewing room yesterday but didn't get any sewing done just some organization. Then went on the computer and started getting all my embroidery files sorted into folders by designers. That took a while as some were not labeled and I had to look up some of the design numbers. Today I hope to do some embroidery. I purchased quite a few designs yesterday from JuJu since she had a good sale. I also liked the daily deal today so that will be coming. I love most of the French General lines.

Not much else on my agenda unless something unexpectedly pops up but hoping for a quiet day. Just finished my coffee now on to the daily chores. Wishing everyone a good day.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning everyone,
        Its a really brisk sunny morning. I'm grateful that; its sunny, and not the cloudy days of past weeks. Apparently it was from the fires out west -- hard to believe, but possible. I remember the summer that Mount St. Helen blew -- its was cloudy all that summer, and our first year with a pool. Bad timing.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of vegetarian chili, and realized I needed more beans -- ran to the store. First time I encountered line up to that store. I guess beans are in demand, it was slim pickings. I think people are starting to stock up again. I also prepared and canned tomatoes. Cooked fresh corn for freezing niblets. I was exhausted. I kept checking website but we had no results from Tuesday's test. This morning, we were able to access it -- both negative. Yeah.

DH got a letter and photos from his cousin's wife. He passed in February and was like a brother to him. He had written a small chapter about the family, his grandparents and parents for his kids. DH found it amusing and this prompted a conversation about his time in KS, OK and NE. She mentioned they had to empty his aunt's home when she went to hospital this spring. She was more of a hoarder than anyone knew. She could commiserate with me having to clear out my FIL home a few years ago. They used an auction house for a lot of the items, and they were shocked at what they got. She said she could have donated for less trouble.

Today we will drive out to Carleton Place to the Wool Shop, Livery and LQS. DH needs to bring down his gas tank to below half. This should do the trick. Other than that, I might get to the sewing room. I had planned to sew a jelly roll - for National Jelly Roll day.

Got to get a refill on my coffee and enjoy a fresh croissant. Enjoy your day.

p.s. Its our boys PJ & Sox"s birthday. 9 years old. They are old souls.

PJ-Sox.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Great news Suzanne!! Such a relief for you. Love that picture! Lol. Wish I could do that all day today. 😅 Happy birthday boys!

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          A negative covid test is cause for the happy dance. I know you get these so you can visit your Mom, but still it’s good to know. We’ve yet to be tested.

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Birthday, Sox!

Good morning!

We're expecting a high around 62 here. Temps will warm up next week, with highs in the 70's.

I have grand plans for the sewing room this weekend. I want to finish my Halloween quilt if I can. I have another quilt top ready for quilting, I just need to sew the backing and get it sandwiched. Next on the list is the quilt for the boss's grand baby. I have to go to the LQS to find fabric for that one. It's so hard to coordinate colors on a computer monitor.

I placed an order with Fabric.com and was amazed it shipped the next day. The order was a panel and yardage. I also ordered some elastic so I can make masks. The friend I had lunch with the other day mentioned she was in need -- she offered to pay me, but I don't sew for money, just for fun. I thought I would make her a few for Christmas.

I am in the market for another sewing machine. My little one no longer works. The cost to repair it would be close to what I paid for it. I want one with an adjustable speed control. I like to sew slower when working on appliqué. Unfortunately, my Jazz has two speeds -- stop and ZOOM, which is great for piecing. Machine sales are by appointment only. I should call the LQS today and see if I can make an appointment for next week.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Let us know what you decide on. I am also looking for a machine with speed control.

• toggpine
          toggpine commented
          Editing a comment
          My Bernina Bernette 80e has a variable speed. It is the model just below the one with all the electronic dohickies. It has been a very reliable machine for me. I have an assortment of feet for it, and it will take both a walking foot & a darning foot for free-market quilting.

It is cooler this morning, Autumn is definitely on its way. The days are getting shorter, too.😥 That is the only thing I am not wild about Fall. I am sure we have some more heat coming though.
        I need to get busy and finish a table runner for DIL's parents. We are going to their lake place next weekend and I need a hostess gift for them. I hope we do get more heat, the lake is more fun if you can swim and boat. I may get some s'mores fixings to take as well just in case.
        My DS and family are coming over either today or tomorrow, can't wait as it has been too long since we have seen them.
        I just can't decide about the DD, I bought the Jordan fabric special yesterday, might need to hold off but I do love those French General fabrics.
        Thanks for posting the Lyn Hagmier video link, that was pretty.

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Our Sonic has S’Mores shakes. I would love to try one but just the thought almost puts me into a diabetic coma....lol.

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          S'mores are so much fun! We are showing DGS all about them.

Did you decide on the DD? I just checked and it's all gone.

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't decide, glad it was decided for me.

No time to say much more than good morning! We are headed out to the LQS and to pick up puppy supplies. We were up until 1 a.m. working on our respective projects, so it's slow going around here.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Good morning All,

I have plans to sew allweekend!. I have a bunch of barbie clothes cut. I got a communion job for three dresses and finishing up secert santa gifts that I bought fabric for. Abby got her borders sewn on last night for her first quilt..ugh I know she's going to want me to help her baste it today...she's in a hurry to use it. It's not that I don't want to help it's I work all week and I want the weekend to spend on my projects. When I get pulled awayI just feel behind.

My oldest daughter requested winter hats for my granddaughter Rosa. I bought yarn the other day..re taught myself crochet stitches and am making hats! I made last night and started the other. I hope they fit..I'm using a smaller hook so i did a gauge sample and went with the next size up on the patterns. I'll post pics when I finish both. I both two things of yarn and both hats just are on the first one sonI might get creative as the second I want to use. Little doll afgans to go with quilts for her barbies and ponies maybe.

I decided I'm making all gifts this year for Christmas. We have the money to shop, we're doing great but I just want to personalize everything. Plus I have a huge stash..I feel like no matter what I do I never make a dent. Lol Daily deals still get me!!

I'll have to go to the grocery store today. We're low on eggs and meat. I did defrost the freezer so it got checked off the list. Still waiting for Daniel to replace the washer...he takes forever to do anything. I'd do it but he's a control freak, patience is definitely a virture with this man.

I hope everyone stays safe and has a blessed weekend!! Happy sewing!!

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a day full of mistakes. I left the house about 7:15 for a class over in Lancaster County . . . it is over an hours drive from my house depending on traffic. I got there about 8:30 and went into the classroom and started to set up my machine and stuff. The instructor came over and was looking at my stuff and asked where my other piece of 20 x 26 main fabric for the bag. I had packed all the leftover fabric in a plastic baggie . . . yep, left it at home. I hadn't noticed the pattern said to cut 2 of the 20 x 26 pieces. I had to go over to the store and purchase another section of the fabric so I could cut the second piece.

So, I get the two pieces sewn together along with the bottom of the bag and sandwich it with the lining and Annies soft and stable, iron it all and pin it and now I am ready to start quilting it. Sewing lines down the length of the piece (about 45") with lines 1" apart. We used the walking foot and the bar to measure the 1". I had maybe four or five lines done when I noticed that there were two lines with loops on the bottom. I took the bobbin out and put it back in and went to rethread the machine. I always remove thread from the needle but it would not move so I tried pulling it back up through the machine. It broke off. I figured there was not much in there because the piece from the spool was fairly large as was the piece I was finally able to pull out from the needle. So I rethreaded the machine, ripped out those two lines and proceeded again. Sewed a line, looked at it and it was even worse. Not only loops but also nests along the way. Rethreaded the machine again and, lo and behold, a little piece of thread came out. Then we broke for lunch.

Came back after lunch and I started again quilting the 1" lines. I now had 7 lines done. I am sewing away and thinking boy, I am really making progress on this finally. I had about 4-5 more lines done, and I looked at it really close (dark thread on fairly dark fabric). Wait, how could I still only have 7 lines? My bobbin had run out of thread (this machine does not notify me when the bobbin runs out).

The instructor told me to stop working on that and start working on the different parts of the bag. We started with the large zipper pocket. She told me to use my zipper foot and move the needle to the left, which I did. Also changed the thread color. I started sewing in the zipper and my machine threw a fit. It did not want to sew right along the length of the zipper, but I pushed it threw. The instructor watched at the end and when I finished with that side of the zipper, she looked at it and said to switch the needle back to center. She said that was her fault. That worked so much better.

So, I have a lot of work left to do on this bag. There were two other ladies in this class and they were way ahead of me. Two things about this class. It was too long . . . 9 - 4:30 and the pattern was written by the instructor. There were several parts that I thought there had to be a better way to do this but I kept pushing through.

Sorry this is so long, but it was a really long day with many mistakes throughout. My shoulders, neck and back are achy today so I don't know how much I will accomplish today around here.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.

Nancy

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry you had such a rough day in class. It seems like machines love to throw fits during classes. Hang in there, Nancy.

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my! That was a long day! I hope your machine is working better now and you can finish your bag.

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              I went to an all-day, 3-day sew-in at our LQS in February. I was exhausted by the time it was over. First time I had done that and it will be my last. Learned a good lesson...I'd never last through a retreat.
          Working...
          X