Its Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Friday!

Good morning friends. Yah it's Friday. I got to town yesterday and paid that dang bill. I also picked up more cheese and some cold cuts to serve tomorrow. We are having a little wine and cheese party. All attendees (6) are in our social bubble. We will sample some of the wine we brought back from our vacation. Also tonight we will get together with Rachel and Eli (Bonnie's children) before the closing date as the house has been sold. I know you have heard me several times say this, BUT I really miss my Bonnie. It will soon be 2 years since her passing. I do have a little piece of her in most of my rooms.

I did get into my sewing room last night and wanted to get back and finish the North Star quilt. I just ironed a little, my back got sore so I quit. I have a memory quilt that I need to get at as well. And Bonnie's quilt is just about done, all that is left is doing something in the border. I will figure that out this weekend and will take it with me to work on Monday.

So I guess today I will pick up some in the dining room and get ready for our guests tomorrow.

Have a great day and weekend my friends. Stay safe and healthy. Prayers going out to those in need.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good Morning. It’s still dark. I woke up to puppy kisses this morning. Evidently Jeff didn’t latch Sugar’s crate and she was out and about last night. No harm done because she’s a good girl. It was just a surprise to wake up to.

I just watched the Triple Play. Natalie did a darling runner made from charms. Misty and Jenny both made quilts. I would like to try the runner.

Yesterday we had haze from the fires all day. We could surely use some rain here. The road is super dusty.

I’m off to spend some time with my embroidery machine. I have it set up and ready to go.

Wishing everyone a Good Friday.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Friday!! I really liked the runner too! Mihht have to try that for a gift.

Good Morning Monique and those who follow. TGIF!! its been a long week, so ready gor the weekend!

We went out last night, went to joann's and got a bunch! Abby found the finishings for her quilt. I got some trim and yarn to crochet my granddaughter a hat and scarf for winter. The trim is for all the barbie clothes I'm making. My plate is over flowing right now with christmas goodies for everyone. It's a lot of fun!! I ordered all the hard to find fabric off etsy last night. Saw I have a fabric In high demand too that is price gouged ..Daniel was like can I sell it lol years ago my son Kyle wanted a Halloween quilt and picked pin up Halloween girls for the back. I have the left over.

We went and ate at Applebees tonight..the good was so good! Then stuffed and in food comas came home.

Funny story. I grew up military...born and breed into the lifestyle. Daniel complete opposite. I'm no longer affiliated as of 2 years ago. Abby stsrted talking about the commissary last night. She remembered going with me and I would always spend time in the coupon section then tipping the baggers. For Daniel this is foreign...I thought it was funny due to I grew up thinking the commissary and tipping baggers was a norm but others grew up different. We're all in America but have different traditions. My kids still do advent calendars too ...I think it's a military kid thing.

I hope everyone has a fantastic friday!! I can't wait to sew all weekend. I just remembered I forgot to get something last night...UGH

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss shopping at the Commissary, too. My late husband was retired military. Oh those coupons, prices and no sales tax
      were great! Yes, the baggers get good tips. I surrendered my privileges when I married Jeff.

• Maria Sews
      Maria Sews commented
      Editing a comment
      I know almost nothing about the military. My husband was in the Canadian Forces briefly before I ever met him and all he's told me is that alcohol is really cheap!!
      We've always done Advent calendars with our kids but I think in our case it was a Catholic tradition.

• Navy Wife
      Navy Wife commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been away from commissaries for more than 20 years. I'm still authorized to shop, but the closest one is 200 miles away. There are very few retired military here. Most are National Guard, and they don't have a commissary.

Good morning all. I too woke up while it was still dark this morning. I decided to stay up. I fed the cat and did some other quiet things since hubby was still asleep.

Yesterday I got a couple projects cut and ready to be put together and then I went and had lunch with Ceil. After that I just did some puttering about. I seem to mostly have motivation and inspiration in the mornings. After lunch I usually struggle to get moving again and wind up reading, watching something on tv or doing something on the computer.

Monique, it is nice that you have a bit of Bonnie all around your home. I know how much you miss your dear friend.

I am off to either watch today's tutorial or head into the sewing room and see something. Have a good Friday everyone.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love quiet morning time. Even though I'm sitting at my desk working..it's so quiet with a cup of coffee!

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was busy. I continued the cleaning and reorganizing the kids room. I cleaned out the books, pulled a few that Jim needs! lol, I bought them at Morgan's Usborne book sale. I went through the stacks three times, and purged down to enough to fit in 1 of my book boxes, everything else is gone to the Salvation Army. I figured if they hadn't touched it in 2 years, it was time to go. Someone else can enjoy the picture books.

Today, I guess I'll move on another room. I should work on the great room. I have no desire to start in my sewing room, again. While I'm in purge mode, I should go through my desk and Dad's console.

Rachel, I remember tipping the bag boys at the grocery store. Taking the empty Pepsi bottles for the refund. Having the guy at the gas station fill the car up and check under the hood. lol, and gas lines during the embargo. Simpler times.

Have a great day everyone. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Gone are the days of full service gas stations. I used to buy premium gas for my 1968 Buick Wildcat, which was a 4 door HT with a big engine for 67 cents/gal. Full service, & you got a nice glass with etchings on it, too. I still have a lovely set of 10 glasses I bought with gas.

• MSN
      MSN commented
      Editing a comment
      I just returned from buying gas. With my grocery store discount, I paid 13.9 cents per gallon. That's better than 1960's prices!

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      The going price for gas around here is $2.13/gal. I had a coupon for extra fuel points; I got 50 cents off, so paid $1.63. I heard the price of gas is going down & in some places now is <$2./gal.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yup! Still smoky here, too. We also have fires in CO that mix in with all the smoke coming from the west coast. It was a nice day, though, sunny & 89 deg. Now that we're moving towards Fall, the mornings are cool, so it takes longer to warm up. The evenings cool off nicely & the nights are cool for sleeping. I smelled skunk odor at 4 a.m., so closed by BR window. At least these episodes have not been as frequent as last summer.

Yest. I finally got my LA cleaned, needle changed, & it's ready to go. I still want to wax the table surface before I start on the quilt. I did some FMQ on the practice sandwich. I decided to use my "Cool Grey" Glide thread. I loaded 3 bobbins.

I got an e-m from Legacy yest. with a reminder of the anniv. of my sister's death 10 yrs. ago this week. She was 82 & had a massive stroke. My bro. died the year before of a pulmonary embolism. The both were older than I am.

This a.m. I need to go to the groc. store. Time to get salmon again, also beets. I used to get nice beets from the farmer's market, but I haven't gone the past few yrs. Now with the pandemic, one has to make an appt. for their time slot at the mkt. It's not worth the hassle. I just buy everything at the store. So... I'll be busy in the kitchen after I get back from the store.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, you must have been the baby of the family! Sounds like you take very good care of yourself, too. My grandparents both passed 10 years ago this year (June and July of 2010). Still miss them everyday.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Memories ~ Yes, we were a close family. I have many wonderful memories.

Carlie ~ Yes, I was the baby of the family. My mom was 40 when she had me. My sis was 15 yrs. older, & my bro. 12 yrs. older. They used to call me "The Caboose."

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol caboose. Funny. Big hug to you Joy! Time heals but the scars are always there.

Good morning from still smoky BC!

We have been trying to line up a roofer for over 3 months now. We finally have one sort of committed but we keep getting pushed back....too busy, vacation, bigger job, now smoke, and then I'm guessing rain. Sigh...lol. Good thing it's not our house roof, just 3 small others.

Mama is not a definite confirm yet, but pending another meeting next week, she should be a go. It's been suggested to get moving boxes! So...it's go time for me. I've been awake since 2. My brain figured that was a good time to get up and start checking out moving companies lol.

Didn't get the last of the embroidery done yesterday. Spent the day in the kitchen and on the phone. Hope to today. I think I'm going to ask mama today if she would rather her quilt was all done by me...and less than perfect...or if it doesn't matter to her that someone else does the quilting. It's only 50 x 60 so it sh3be ok with my regular sewing machine. My other projects will be on hold for a few weeks. I hope to be able to sneak in a bit of sew time here and there for relaxation and therapy purposes lol.

Enjoy your day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Rhonda K
      Rhonda K commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with sending the quilt out to the LA. I send most of mine out as quilting causes me stress. I stitch the binding with machine stitching front and back too.

Good luck with the move.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I can be thankful we got our house painted when we did. The paint looks so nice. I'm grateful.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you lovely people! From lack of sleep amd going all day, my brain is exhausted. I managed to book a mover, scout out estate auctions, do laundry and dishes and tidy my sewing space after hubby mounted a shelf and apothecary cabinet he made me. I think I will talk with mama one last time today ( that'll make it 5) and finish the embroidery on her quilt. Tomorrow I pick up boxes and packing tape and then the packing begins!

After all my family, especially my dear sweet mama, have been through this year, I don't mind at all spending the 60 bucks to have it quilted. It's not the money...just the principal. We shall see.

And yes...grateful is a good word, Joy. This year has made me grateful for so many things in life!

Good Morning Everyone,

It is very cool this morning, 39 degrees right now and foggy. It never made it to 60 yesterday. I like the nice cool nights as both Dave and I sleep much better. When I went to bed last the night temp in the bedroom read 64 degrees. The windows had been open a little all day. Closed them for the night.

Yesterday was a little bit of a bummer. I had expected to get my injections but, as I posted yesterday, the injections had to be ordered from my insurance company's pharmacy. My doctor was not happy about the situation but it is what it is. I did get a call from the insurance company's pharmacy late yesterday and I authorized the payment for the injections. I think they have to call the doctor's office and schedule an appointment for me before they will send it. Still, I think I should be able to get the injections next week. I'll just have to make sure I keep my legs up a little more to help ease the pain. So far it is still manageable.

I got all the batting cut out for the Irish Change quilt and have 2 of the 9-block squares layered. It is a little putsy placing the batting 1/4" smaller than the block and backing but hopefully won't take too long to get the other blocks layered, then on to the quilting. I have been thinking about hand quilting but I'm not sure just how long it will take. I feel like I'm making very good progress and really didn't think I'd be this far so quickly so I may have time to get it all done but I still have the borders after I complete the blocks. I probably will do it with my machine since I want to get something done for my daughter's best friend and I need to get a quilt done for my best friend as well while she undergoes cancer treatment.

Along with cutting out the batting yesterday I also cut out some more blocks of the leftover fabrics from quilts I made for kids. Lots of bright colors. Looks like I'll get 3 quilts that will be about 40x45 when done. My friend from work just had her baby last week. Little Rhett spent about 4 days in the NICU at Mayo in Rochester but has been home for several days now. Another friend from work who now lives in Arizona will be having her 3rd in March so I'd like to get one done for her as well. If nothing else I've sure been keeping busy.

My daughter called yesterday to ask if I'd be willing to watch her dogs for a few days. They are both dachshunds and very cute but Herkimer is rather needy. They have been invited to her mother-in-law's cabin the weekend of MEA (teacher conferences). Still thinking about it. They are having some difficulties with bills so I really hate the idea of them having to board the dogs just for a few days. I think I'm probably going to say I'll take care of them. I'll find some handwork to do while they are here that say I can keep them close.

Off now, Dave needs his hair trimmed before he takes a shower. Then coffee and breakfast for me. Have a great day!
    Carlie

Comment

Good morning!

It's a cool day today -- high around 60. My furnace went off this morning. I have friends that refuse to turn their furnaces on until October or even November, but I don't worry about that.

I enjoyed visiting with my friend yesterday. It was a little cool in her backyard, but it felt nice. I finally met her dog, Angel. She is a sweetie! She is some kind of poodle mix. She is very friendly and kept coming over for pets.

I woke up around 2am and didn't get back to sleep until after 3. I managed to sleep in a bit to make up for it. I watched Jenny's video this morning and liked Jenny's quilt, and Misty's. I wasn't as big a fan of Natalie's table runner. To be fair, though, my dining table is round.

I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store this morning. That is one nice thing about teleworking, it is so much easier to make a run up to the store without worrying about one's office mates timing the trip. I should pop into the pet store, too, and buy the rabbit some food. Her appetite is much improved now that she's on the pain medication.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Every year I make it a contest to see how late we can run the AC or the furnace. As I get older, the amount of time I'm willing to wait shortens. This year, we turned our AC on a full two weeks before I normally would.

True story. One fall I was sitting in the living room and Droopy walked in. I was watching TV when she came up to my chair and barked a single bark. I saw steam rising from her mouth. I think that was her way of saying "turn up the heat, you cheapskate!"

Rob

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Julie, I wouldn't feel guilty, as the majority of people working from home, are working more than usual, and getting more done. No constant interruptions from people dropping by your desk.

• JulieC
        JulieC commented
        Editing a comment
        Rob, your story with Droopy made me laugh!

Good morning!
      I finally got started on cutting pieces for the Valley Blossoms quilt yesterday. If I can get to the sewing room today I should be able to start sewing the first blocks together. I'm loving this! There is one fabric that I'm still waiting to arrive from M*. It's coming via Fedex Smartpost and is due to arrive "by Sunday." So, thinking about it, I may not be able to start sewing blocks together after all. But I can cut the pieces for the next set of blocks.
      My friend in Pensacola emailed me last night. She and her mom and 4 dogs are all ok. They had some trees down but no damage to the house. Their power came back on yesterday evening. I am so relieved. I was really worried about them.
      I hear a woodpecker working on the house. We had one last year at this time. We are never able to see exactly where he is but he is there somewhere. The house is brick but has some wood and stucco on the front of the house. He goes on and on and on, pecking away! Last year I hung some of those spiral silver things from the upstairs balcony but they didn't help at all. Apparently he's not bothered by them.
      Have a happy day everyone!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear your friend and her mom and pets are okay. I have a friend and her teenage daughter who were vacationing in Pensacola and got caught in the hurricane. All is good for them, too. Every building where they were staying was damaged except the building they were in. Also, a dam of fallen trees stopped her vehicle from washing away!

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        Those woodpeckers can be troublesome but maybe you have "insects" in the wood which is why they would be pecking at it all the time. Might want to check that out.

• Dove
        Dove commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure there are some insects in the wood trim but I don't think we'll bother with that. The contractor that I have used for 25+ years worked on our kitchen last winter. I mentioned the woodpecker to him. He said we'd probably have to remove the wood trim (it's on the stucco). One of his customers, whose house was all wood on the outside, had the entire outside of the house replaced with some kind of metal that's made for that purpose! She had no other way to get rid of all the woodpeckers. I guess once they start, they're always coming back.

Morning all,

Looks to be a pleasant day out there hopefully temps will hold throughout the weekend. The fan went on our gas burner and the part had to be ordered from the manufacturer they should have it byTuesday and have scheduled an appointment for the installation so until then no heat. Fortunately our hot water was not affected.

I think I will try to get up to the sewing room and embroider some towels. I purchased some cute designs and I'd like to see how they stitch out.

Loved the triple play that Jenny, Misty, and Natalie did and could definitely see them done in other colorways. May just have to go on the ever growing "to do" list.

Off for coffee before I start my day. Wishing everyone a good day and weekend!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Cathy, Wouldn’t the runner be nice in Christmas prints!

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got the two Christmas charm packs that were the DD a couple of weeks ago, Jenny's version is now on my to do list.

Good morning all,

Its nice to check in on the forum. I'm on the upstairs laptop as I am waiting for the results from Tuesday's Covid test. They said it would be 2-5 days. The wait time is longer as I believe they are upping the numbers everywhere for tests in our province. Still no results. Ottawa and Toronto (the two major cities in Ontario) have new restrictions imposed. Indoor gatherings limited to 10, outdoor to 25. This excludes commercial facilities which have separate restrictions. Also, there are new fines, steepest in Canada imposed for not following restrictions. Our numbers have been slowly going up, but nowhere near what the US is experiencing. The increases have been linked to university student parties, large gatherings & return to school. The reason for our tests this week was that my son was over for dinner last Thursday. He found out late evening that co-worker who he worked with on Tuesday tested positive. So now 19 employees who worked that area are in 14 day isolation. They are not taking chances. I'm thinking after this last test, I'm going to hibernate. Mom's place is in lockdown (1 employee tested positive). I don't think I can risk seeing her and not infecting myself, DH, family & GKs. I now it will be hard on mom, but necessary.

I picked up loads of tomatoes, corn, beets, peppers, onions at an outdoor market). Oh, and I did pick up some delicious maple syrup tarts, cones and maple popcorn. OH, I LOVE my Maple Syrup products, and all things sweet.

I believe I scored big -- a vintage green Singer sewing machine in a case. I have to research it. The case is in the garage, as it smells moldy. I will restore this winter. I think it was meant to be. I dropped off bags of items at a recycle store, and don't usually go in, but what the heck.

I finished quilting my king-size Kindred Pinwheels top. Now to trim the edges, make the binding and sew it on. I removed the stitches in my finger from the accidental meeting with the rotary cutter at the end of August. I am keeping a bandage on it, so it stays clean, and take it off, when I am just sitting watching TV.

DH has to bring in car for a recall item, and was told to have tank less than 1/2 full. So we went for a ride in the countryside. It was a beautiful sunny day, and guess what? We ended up at a LQS, where I picked up some fabric, FQ and ordered more Glide thread, nose wires and elastics with adjustable ties. They limit to 2 people or 4 in a group. Take your name & # for contact tracing.

Enjoy your day.

p.s. I'm hoping to sew tomorrow as its National Jelly Roll day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Patsy was crowned queen of the Guardian Angel Basset Rescue "Un-Waddle" last night. We were able to watch it on their Facebook page, even though we don't have a Facebook account. I used to, but it is such a timesuck that serves (in my life) no useful purpose. Most of the people I had as friends were high school buddies who haven't changed since 1981 (next year will be our 40th reunion). I've lived ten lifetimes in that period and can't imagine ever going back permanently to that time. Anyway, she was a good girl and even kissed the king! Have to keep a short leash on that girl!

The fat quarter bundle for my French General quilt is still on hold due to the fires, so I went ahead and started another project. I honestly can't remember where I saw the pattern, but I adapted it in EQ8 several weeks ago. I've posted a picture of a couple of blocks. I used starch before cutting and the width of the blocks turned out OK, but the height is still off somewhat. The fabric is part of the Mackinac Island line by Minick and Simpson. I had to change the size of the quilt because I evidently didn't order enough fabric for the light blue square. I was short by 10 blocks! I didn't want to order that little bit, so I just changed it from four by four rows to three by three. I've also attached what it will (hopefully) look like when I finish it.

Monique, sounds like a good time tomorrow. Cheryl and I have probably the best stocked-hardly used wine collection around. When we visited Gettysburg almost 15 years ago we visited the Glades Pike Winery near Somerset as well as the Adams County Winery near Gettysburg. We visited Adams County Winery right when it opened in the morning, so I wasn't too keen on sampling any wine, so we didn't buy too much, but we bought a case from Glades Pike of a wine called "Bicentennial Blush," which we still have six or so bottles left. I like wine, as does Cheryl, but I never think about it during the evening. Once we open a bottle we hardly ever finish it. Personally, I like the sweeter German wine, although I don't mind a red on occasion. When a group of us visited Springfield, Illinois we all had a glass of wine with our dinner at an upscale Italian restaurant, which really complemented the meal. The guy who ordered it for the table really knew what he was doing. Hope you all have fun!

Today will be sewing as will the weekend. Tomorrow I think we will take a trip to the LQS since we are going to pick up Patsy the next weekend. The last time we went I could barely see things, so I want to go when my eyesight is (relatively) better. I carry two sets of glasses. One I call my "seeing" glasses, which I use for computer work or just generally seeing things in front of me. The other pair are "readers" which I use to read magazine or newpaper articles or sew with. When we went the last time I only had my "seeing" glasses, so with my eyes all messed up from the laser, etc., I could barely see (although, surprisingly, I didn't buy any ugly fabric. LOL). We also will need to pick up supplies for Patsy. We have most of the things left over from Droopy, but she will need a new bed and food and treats.

Hope all have a great day!

Rob
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; September 18, 2020, 10:35 AM.
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• Dove
          Dove commented
          Editing a comment
          Just wondering about the wines you got here in PA---- were they all sweet wines? Did the wineries have many dry wines? We took a trip to Erie, PA, a few years back and all the wines were sweet. We both prefer dry wines. Mike used to buy all the wines (plus the food and other beverages) for a country club around here. So he knows a lot about wines. We always have lots in the house. In fact, we converted the dining room to a wine room when we had the kitchen remodeled.(the former family room is now the dining room) Whenever we go out for dinner I always let him choose which wine I want-- I don't know anything about which are the better brands!

How exciting for you that Patsy is almost ready to join your family! Good luck with her!

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I can remember back, I think they were generally all sweet wines. When we first started drinking it, Cheryl wasn't too keen on the taste. I had to explain that wine isn't going to be like grape juice, but that there were some wines that were more sweet than others. Once she had a good Gewurztraminer, she liked it more, so anything we get normally has some sweetness to it. Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of dry wines myself, although some are better than others.

We are really looking forward to getting Patsy. It's high time we had another dog around here.

Rob

Rob, I tend to like the sweeter German wines as well, although my favorite is the french Sauterne. That one tastes like melted ice cream to me. Dave and I have a wine cellar in our basement that we purchased many years ago. Dave usually have a glass of wine with lunch and supper unless we have something for supper, like omelets. We purchase ours from a wine club and have very good results. Found out it was much cheaper than him buying wine each time we got groceries.
        Carlie

Comment

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          Merlot is our wine of choice. I also like a good pinot grigio. I think we brought back 40 bottles, LOL!!

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure who Justin Wilson is. I'll have to look into that. Dave is more partial to the red wines, particularly merlot and cabernet, and since he is the one that drinks most of it I'm fine with what he buys. He also likes the pinot grigio and the reislings. He will ask me from time to time when making purchases about getting some white. Although we watches for specials on amarone, an Italian wine that I like. I probably have a glass or two a month, if that. I do like a nice white wine with my salmon or chicken.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Justin Wilson was a Cajun cook who had a distinctive drawl and accent. He started each show asking the audience "How you all are?" and would say "I guar-on-tee." You can find him on YouTube. Interestingly (at least to me) he worked as a state of Louisiana safety engineer and would cook on the side. He started telling Cajun stories during his safety lectures and eventually recorded some comedy albums. He eventually became a TV chef, which is where I heard of him.

Rob

Good afternoon to all. I hope you are stitching your Friday away. I peeked in this morning to post the sharing quilts thread. DH had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I go with him now to make sure of instructions or medications.

I should get back to the large quilt project. The first blocks are not coming out at a good 6.5 inches. Even though I squared up the smaller units the center square is too big and throws off the measurements. These blocks are all about points so need to be correct. There are snow-balled units too. I'm sure these points are going to match with later units/blocks so a re-make is in order.

It's still a hot 88 degrees and expecting 90's tomorrow. Yes, our A/C is running We probably won't see cooler temps until December.

Happy Stitches!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I hope you get them fixed! I love the complex patterns but hate when that happens.
          Last edited by Momofmonsters5; September 18, 2020, 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
      Working...
      X