Pocket change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket change

Anyone else save it? My big jar now weighs just under 60 pounds and is estimated at just over $1,000. That doesn't include the pennies in their own big jar.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

I did, but a funny thing happened on the way... I had all my change sorted in different containers and in the car. Well dummy me didn't put a lid on them, so of course they fell all over the floor. You could see that coming couldn't you? lol. The car was old and I was getting a new one, so it sat in the drive way. I gave it to one of my dd's friends and told her to keep the change. lol

I never new how much it was.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Coins weigh more than you would think. Good for you!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I never did. Then again, according to my mother, I never saved anything anyway. "You have champagne tastes on a beer budget," was her favorite saying for me.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• auntstuff
          auntstuff commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, that sounds like my entire family

I have a coin cup (a high ball glass) in my dresser drawer. I end up with about $30 when it's full. I take it to Coinstar and feed my Amazon addiction.

I probably had 1/2 of the glass filled and put it with the coins Nana had for Jonathan. Good thing we sent it all up with them. First weekend, they didn't have any quarters for the laundry!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

DH has coin cups, but I have convinced him to roll them. When we were cleaning out FIL's home, there were coins everywhere. I mean everywhere on the floor, in jars, on counters. I sorted and brought back the rare and older coins, but it weighed a lot. I carried it on the plane as it would have exceeded my checked luggage weight.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I don't like change. I used to have a basket my kids would shop in then I met Daniel and he loves change so he gets it all. I remember his face when i told him I sometimes if it was just a little I'd leave it at the register. Haha he'll wait for a penny lol

Comment

• auntstuff
              auntstuff commented
              Editing a comment
              Smart guy. My pennies alone are $50 now.

I do have a coin tin. When it starts filling up, I either roll it or take it to Coinstar to feed my Starbucks habit. Don't get much of it anymore since I use credit card for almost everything.

Comment

I do or did (a lot of places want debit/credit only since Covid). I threw change in at end of day. Then, when we took a vacation I would give to the kids for spending money. Didn't add up to much, but they were thrilled.

Comment

Not so much now but when I was working I did. Still contribute to it every now and then. $1,000 is a very nice nest egg. Have you looked for the more valuable coins?
                Carlie

Comment

• auntstuff
                  auntstuff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I try to watch for those as I go, easier than digging back through the lot.

I have a glass water bottle in the closet. It was heavy before I put the change in it.

Comment

Working...
                X