Dracula works with Frankenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dracula works with Frankenstein

The other day I ordered an 8-cup glass Pyrex measuring cup. The best deal I could find was on Amazon, so I went ahead and got it. This morning on our front porch I saw a box from Walmart. I hadn't ordered anything from Walmart, so I figured the FedEx guy accidentally left it at the wrong house. When I brought it in, the address was our address. I opened the box and sitting inside was my measuring cup. When I looked at the order, it showed a third party was the one who would supply it, but it wasn't Walmart. I'm sure something like this happens a lot, but this is the first time I ordered something from Amazon and it came from Walmart.

Reminds me of the time I saw Papa John's deliver a pizza...to a McDonald's.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

OH i love the last sentence. funny! I"ve not seen Walmart on Amazon but am not really surprised. Many companies are joining forces these days.

Comment

What's really strange is that the company that it was supposed to come from is based out of Brooklyn, New York, but the box showed it came from Walmart near Indianapolis. No idea what's going on.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

It sounds like the company recycled the walmart box to safely send your item. There is loads of independent sellers on amazon, the rules are slightly different if not supplied or fullfillment by amazon. Mostly cannot use the gift cards.

Comment

Actually, no. I thought that too, but the shipping label says Walmart and there is no other shipping label on it.

Rob
          --Ken Burns

Comment

• 201 Treadler
            201 Treadler commented
            Editing a comment
            my apologies.

• Rob the HOAQ
            Rob the HOAQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Certainly no need to apologize, because what you said makes perfect sense. We did that where I used to work, because UPS was really strict that if we recycled a box and even one of the original stickers was left on it, they would refuse it.

Rob

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            It 's happened to me, too, Rob. I no longer can get the large Palmolive refill bottles from WM. The last 2 times I ordered them from Amazon, they came in a Walmart box, delivered to my front porch.

When I was a teenager I worked as a Hostess at a Chinese Restaurant. At least once a week, we would order pizza for the kitchen and wait staff. We always asked the delivery person to please deliver to the back (kitchen) door, as one time a customer saw them delivering and asked that if we had to order pizza, was the chinese food really that bad! LOL

Comment

When you become an Amazon seller there are certain programs you can use and one of them is shipping supplies. I often wondered about getting something that came direct from the seller instead of a fulfilment center. that is one of the options too, sending your products to Amazon to ship.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have had a few bad experiences with third party sellers on Amazon. I only buy products fulfilled by Amazon now. They still come from third party sellers sometimes but I know I will get them from Amazon. Less hassle when you try to return something!!
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

A seller can put their items up for sale on Amazon and also sell to Wally world. If they get the order through Amazon and don't have it in stock they can have Wally ship it from their inventory. It's happened to me before and that's the answer I was given.....

Comment

I just don't deal with Amazon if I can help it. I can usually find it cheaper elsewhere.
                  TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Totally different train of thought, when I read your title.... the old Abbott and Costello Frankenstein and Dracula movie. Those were so much fun.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Katrina,

I loved that movie! I have a DVD box set of every Abbott and Costello movie ever made. When I was growing up one of the local TV stations always ran an Abbott and Costello movie on Sunday morning, so I got hooked on them then. I prefer the older Hollywood style of entertainment over a lot of what comes out today (boy, I sound like a crank!). One of the highlights of my newspaper career was interviewing Debbie Reynolds. The stories I could tell....

Rob
                      --Ken Burns

Comment

I have most of the Bela Lugosi movies.....
                        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Working...
                        X