Hello Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Thursday

Good morning friends. I had a great sleep last night and was up at 7. It was a very busy day at the post office, but I managed to get through it. I had a 2 hour lunch and treated myself and did a wee bit of shopping, not fabric I was so tired by the time I got home.

I do have to go to town and pay a bill this morning. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold.

Have a great day everyone. Stay healthy and safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning Monique and everyone!

I haven't slept well the last couple of nights. We should here today whether or not my mama got into assisted living. As soon as we get word it's go time with her move! We hope to get her in before they are locked down again. Fingers crossed!

I only have 2 out of 12 squares left to embroider on her quilt. They should get done today. I'm still waffling on whether to quilt it myself or not. Bed quilts I definitely will send out but this 50 x 60 size I should be able to manage. I'm struggling still with getting help for a quilt that is supposed to be made by me.

Hubby wants stew and dumplings. I will make some today. Fall is around the corner. It will get rainy and chilly here this weekend. Seems early this year. Let's hope the rainy season holds off until after mama's move!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay healthy, happy and safe.
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good morning. It's a bit of an overcast, hazy one so far. Not much new here. I worked on some bowl covers yesterday. Trying to use less plastic wrap and aluminum foil. I used some cute laminated ladybug fabric and food safe PUL fabric.

Other than that and a bit of housework, it wasn't a very productive day. I don't have anything very exciting on my agenda today and sometimes those are the days that turn out to be the ones I get a lot accomplished. We will see.

Whatever is on your list today, I hope it all goes well. Have a good day everyone.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had a very pleasant day yest. with a high of only 81. However, it was smoky again. There was a definite haze to the skies. The haze is to continue into today. I plan to stay indoors except for brief watering of the patio flower pots.

We had our BSF Bible study group yest. There were 14 of us on Zoom. One gal who doesn't have a computer went to her friend's house, so they were on together. Later, I worked on snail mail -- birthday cards, etc. I need to get a BD card in the mail today for my GGS; he's turning 7 y.o. In the afternoon I had my annual dermatology skin checks; all okay. A quick stop at the groc. store for a few items & I was home by 1:45. DH always is relieved when I get home; he gets anxious when I'm away from the house. He really doesn't like to be left alone.

I have no set plans for today. I'll take the day as it comes & hope to get to some FMQ.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Daniel is the same. I get a million questions when I get back from anywhere. I think he has anxiety and depression but will never admit it.

Good Morning All. Finished my scrap houses yesterday and now it goes to the "quilting later" pile. Made some cutting errors.. I know better than to cut part with ruler and part using the mat for measuring ... to avoid the obvious misalignment across the quilt I put them into columns with strip fabric between them. village.jpeg
        I did make Thing1 and Thing2 identical houses, after all they are twins! My dads accountant got back to me with a list of documents I need to look for to do his 2019 taxes, so that is now on my todo list. If weather cooperates I may mow the front yard today, but other than that no real plans. Take the day as it comes.

I bought the panel with the gnomes "country gnomes take me home". Cut off gnomes from the side, they are going on ends of a table runner and I want to take the middle part and make into a wall hanging for me. Might play around with that some.

Hope all have a safe and happy day!

Comment

• Rhonda K
          Rhonda K commented
          Editing a comment
          Adorable houses. Can I live in the one with the pink flamingos, please?
          They all make me smile!

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all for the kind comments.

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, your houses are so cute! Not sure which one I like best.

Morning everyone.

The fires appear to be holding up the Bon Voyage fat quarter bundle so I may need to consider starting another project. Got several I could do, but hoping the FQ bundle gets here soon.

Got the non-sewing work done yesterday so then I watched YouTube videos on block construction and starching. Learned a lot. Not much else to report. Have a great day all!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Good Morning All,

Mike was off yesterday, so it was errands and getting stuff done once I got home from Bible Study. We have 9 ladies and we're in the youth room so we're pretty spread out. Nancy, Nana's sister, drove yesterday. She got to the house early. She'd stopped for donuts. Mercy, they were delicious, and still warm. Now I know where we can get good donuts, close to the house. One of the ladies said they make donut birthday cakes. I'm curious about that now!

The check engine light came back on Mike's car. He has an appointment for next Wednesday his next day off. He would have left the car, but they didn't have any loaners available. So, he'll have to wait. That car has two batteries, interesting, and it was a different code than the last. I hope I didn't buy a lemon for him/ me.

One more week without my sewing machine. I'll keep on working on deep cleaning the house. One side of the kids room is done. I guess the window wall and books are next on the list to tackle.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• nativetexan
            nativetexan commented
            Editing a comment
            my check engine light kept coming on but meant nothing. finally fixed it somehow. they took pity on me i think.

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            is the donut place a national chain, wondering if it was here on the west coast too. Would love to declare a party day and order one of those!

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            Mimi Howard, it's a small local shop.

Paisley, we're pretty much done with family birthdays this year. Maybe we'll try a Happy Birthday Jesus for Christmas if the kids are at home.

Good morning!

It's a little cooler today -- high in the mid-60's. I'm going over to a friend's house for lunch. We're supposed to eat outside on her picnic table. She offered to meet at a restaurant, but I'm not really comfortable with that. She was complaining about the limited menu options and higher prices, anyway. I am looking forward to spending time with her. I don't think I've seen in her in person for about three months.

I finished quilting my Halloween quilt! I worked on clipping and burying the loose threads while I watched an old movie last night. I am going to do a practice flange binding before I work on the real thing. Jenny's video said to cut the flange 1.75" and the accent 1.5"; Donna Jordan used 1.5" for the flange and 1.25" for the accent. I want to see which one works better.

Mom's facility called yesterday afternoon to tell me she fell. She got out of her wheelchair, tried to walk, and didn't make it very far. Fortunately, she was not injured. She was in the TV room, which is near the nurse's station, and was able to get help right away. This is what's frustrating about only allowing porch visits on a limited schedule -- we can't go up there and check her out to be sure.

I think I will grab another cup of tea. I slept OK last night but feel like I could use an extra dose of caffeine. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
            Mimi_Howard commented
            Editing a comment
            At the facility my dad was at they had alarm on back of wheel chair with a cord attached to the back of the persons shirt. If they lean too far forward or get out of chair, the cord pulls away and lack of contact with the alarm causes to go off. And it is an attention getting alarm ...!

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            It's scary when your Mom thinks they can get up and be alright. It must be so very frustrating when you can't be there to see for yourself that she's really alright. Thinking about you and sending a big hug.

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Julie,

I just used Donna Jordan cut sizes yesterday for binding. It results in a 2.25 inch binding which works well with a 1/4 inch seam.

At the end, I also joined each strip separately to size. Then seamed the two strips. I just need to do the final stitch down. I sewed it onto the project using a 1/4 inch seam.

Best wishes for your mom and her care.

Good Morning,

This morning is a little on the cool side, 45 degrees. We have had a small amount of the haze from all the fires out west but we did have sunshine yesterday and we should have sunshine again today. I have my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this morning. I'm glad that I made that appointment when I did. When I took care of the tomatoes yesterday I ended up doing half and then sitting for a bit. Just a month ago I did not have that problem. It will be a bit before the knees are feeling a lot better but since I'm still able to to get around better than the last time I'm hoping it won't be the 6 weeks that it normally is.

No sewing was done yesterday. I didn't finish up the tomatoes until supper time and decided I would be better off keeping my legs up a while. I hope to get the batting cut for the Irish Change. My daughter got back to me about a quilt for her best friend and thought it would be a good idea. I asked about colors and style. She told me the mystery quilt I have almost done would not fit. That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. Jennifer told me she bought a "lipstick" pink and black kit a while back that would definitely be her style. I will take a look at that next Monday when I go to watch her daycare while she goes to PT for her hand. That will be an early day, her PT appointment is for 7:15, that means I will need to leave the house around 5:45. She suggested that Dave come with as well so we can help out with school work for the kids that day, or at least understand how the distance learning works. We are very concerned about our Natalie as she doesn't seem to be following through with her homework, at least she didn't for the last half of the school year last year.

Going to grab a quick breakfast and then I'm off for my appointment. Have a great day everyone!
          Carlie

Comment

Back again. A little frustrated right now. No injections. Mix up with the gal that does the insurance stuff at the doctors office. She thought there was a supply of the drug at the office. It is a special order for each patient so it will be another week or so before I get the injections. Oh well, at least it won’t be too long. My doctor was NOT happy and very apologetic about the “waste” of my time.
            Carlie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              So sorry to hear that Carlie! At least it's onky a week. Hang in there!

Good Morning. I was at the grocery bright and early this morning. Several shelves were empty and a lot of the sale items were sold out. I was back home by 7:30. It’s quite a job and one that I am glad is done for a while. Of course I forgot one of the key items we need so I will have to make a quick stop there in a day or so.

It’s foggy and drizzly. Definitely flannel shirt weather. The Girls are cuddled up with a Jeff and all three will likely take a nap.

I got our laundry room organized yesterday after Jeff put in a new shelf for me. I have a small meat order coming next week and I need to clear a spot in the freezer for it.

Have a good day everyone.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone. I don't post here often since it is usually evening after work when I get a chance to check in. Lots of computer issues at work today, so I decided to take a half day vacation. About to leave soon to take my machine in for it's spa visit. I think it has been almost 2 years, past due. Still working fine, but need to keep it that way.
              It's still unofficial, but I will be retiring again soon. My employer is about to have lay offs, so they are allowing people to submit a request for severance. My guess is that they will want me to stay through yearend, but should be ok after that without me. Hopefully, everything works that I stay retired this time (It only lasted 15 mos. last time before I went back to work at another job.) We shall see. I really want to focus on organizing my sewing and quilting rooms, and getting more fabric sewn into quilts and out the door, or maybe even have a stash ready for deem appropriate.

Weather looks nice outside this morning.

Carlie, glad that at least your doctor acknowledges that your time is valuable. Sometimes I wonder.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                Mimi_Howard commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy Early Retirement... Cheers!

• CarlieBlilie
                CarlieBlilie commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy Early Retirement! I've been really enjoying mine. Like I said he was very apologetic and said he felt it was wasting my time as well as his. At least I was able to determine the difference between the type of injection I will be getting from the one I've had. He said they are basically the same but the one he prefers, the one I got the last two times, is the original and since it is the one with the most info that is the one he prefers. I also got the name of what is wrong with my knees. I know my fusion is gone but he said what it is is osteoarthritis. Makes sense when the Tylenol arthritis helps. I'll just have to keep my legs elevated a little more than what I've been doing until recently.
            Working...
            X