Got some shocking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some shocking news

Just found out this morning that a guy I knew in high school died from COVID yesterday. I probably hadn't seen him but maybe once or twice since graduation, so it wasn't like we were long-time friends, but he was the first person that I can say I knew who died from this. It's likely the first death in the county where I grew up. Sad.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

So sorry to hear this Rob. It makes it all too real when it's someone you know.
    Hike

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I’m so sorry, Rob. This has been a reality for many of us. The people around here are taking this disease very nonchalantly. Jeff and I have been staying home away from others since the first of March. Both of us are high risk, so we do everything we can not to get it.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here Barb. When I do HAVE to go out I feel like I am the only one wearing a mask. Sometimes I see one or two other people but that's it. It seems most folks are going on with life as usual.

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        The few times these past few months I have been out almost everyone has had a mask on . I am sorry to hear of your friends passing.

I'm sorry Rob. It hits home when it's someone you know. A woman in our community recently died from Covid-19 after being on a ventilator for 2 weeks. Our area is like Barb's, many people don't (or won't) take precautions...for themselves or anyone else.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend. I agree with MRoy it makes it more real. Thankful that most around us are wearing masks.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Rob. This COVID 19 is nasty stuff. Dave and I have been pretty much homebodieS, my sisters don't understand why I won't go out with them, just don't want to take unnecessary chances.
          Carlie

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend. As others have said, it does hit closer to home when it happens to someone you know.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend.

In a way it makes me glad that my city (and much of the province) has been mandated to wear a mask in all public indoor spaces. This is one nasty virus and I, for one, can’t wait to see the end of it,
              Maria

Comment

So sorry to hear about this bad news from you. We are in our late 70's and stay home most of the time except to do essential trip to bank (drive up window), pharmacy (drive up window), etc. Most people in my area are wearing masks. It's mandatory in all stores & businesses but they still roam the streets without their masks on. We've been taking every precaution that we can, including no physical visits with DD & Son in Law. Prayers for your classmate's family & friends during this time of sorrow.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. It does make you realize our own frailties.
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I’m sorry for the loss of your classmate. We do everything we can to stay home and stay safe. We have lost family and friends to this horrible virus. Sending up prayers for your classmate’s family and friends.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I am in the high risk group (age/health) and very careful when I do have to venture out for food or meds. My last trip to gas station was in Mid May and I still have 1/2 tank of gas.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                        Rob the HOAQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's funny you should mention that. Our stay-at-home order was issued in March, and I had a half-tank of gas. I just filled my car up about two weeks ago.

Rob

• Bubby
                        Bubby commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I filled my car in March and it still has half a tank. Most of the usage has been driving to our mailbox at the end of our lane. I added a bottle of Sta-Bill to it several weeks ago.

• Hillbillyhike
                        Hillbillyhike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here. I am also at high risk and have used very little gas. For groceries curb side picks ups and meds, driving to help my mama. She's a few towns over.

So sorry forbyour loss. We got reshut down. You have to wear a mask here. I haven't seen one person without it. Some stores even banned shirt covering. We have hand sanitizer in the car to use as soon as we are done. We keep our masks in their own baggies too. So sorry! I'm not high risk but my Dad is. I haven't seen him since March. I don't want to be responsible for getting him sick. I send him goody packages. He lives in the next town. Our cases are so high I won't chance it.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                        Hillbillyhike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've seen my mama 3 times now. We do the same thing.

Face coverings or masks are mandated in CO by the governor. The order recently was extended into Oct. Most people are being compliant, esp. inside the stores. Except maybe the univ. students. There has been an upswing in the no. of C-19 cases in our county due to the univ. students not social distancing & partying. No one, regardless of age, is immune to getting the virus. My gr. dau's mother (lives in WA) said she thinks she had it this spring. She was sick & had problems breathing. She has no medical ins. so did not seek medical help or get tested. She's doing better now. Another friend who moved to WI & was a home health care worker, was exposed to it & got it. She's having residual memory loss, fatigue, & some neurological symptoms that feel like electric shock on one side of her body.

My sympathies for your loss. Take the necessary precautions & stay safe.

Comment

Stay safe everyone! This is a nasty sickness. Unfortunately not everyone is taking this seriously. They don't realize that not being careful it doesn't just affect them...but everyone. It's frustrating to those who hzve made so many sacrifices over the last months.
                        Hike

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Working...
                        X