Hurricane update 2 - pcbatiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane update 2 - pcbatiks

Hi everyone, we have electricity at our house after a little over 2 weeks without it!! WooHoo!! We could not have stayed without a generator. It has been terribly hot. So thankful to have power again. No more racing against the clock to get toast & coffee made before the generator ran out of gas in the mornings.

We have been very thankful that there was only minor damage to our house. So many homes have huge holes in the roofs from trees falling. A neighbor across the street had 2 huge pines fall & crush the back of their home. I have been amazed at the size of the trees that were uprooted.

My parents have a friend that is letting them stay at his camp about an hour away from home. Their adjuster said their home can be repaired & that’s what they were hoping for. They meet with a contractor this week. With lots of help everything in the house was packed up and removed and put in storage. The remaining furniture will be moved by moving company.

we had trees cleared from one side of our yard by a tree company. Still have the other half of yard to go. At least 5 trees down on that side.

view from our side bedroom window of the other side of our yard.

. 36074B6C-DB0D-422D-848F-A560C4EA5A5C.jpeg

"I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Pam, I have been hoping you would check in. So glad your power is back on. Mostly, so glad that you and your family are safe. Hugs....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Glad you are safe and not so much damage to your house. Hopefully your parents' house can be repaired quickly.
      Carlie

Comment

So sad to see and read about that damage. I hope Sally doesn't wreak more havoc before things can be covered and secured.
        I am glad to read that your power is back and you and your folks are OK.

Comment

• pcbatiks
          pcbatiks commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Claire, it looks like Sally will stay on the east side of the state. It shouldn’t be a problem for us.

Thanks for the update. It could have been so much worse. Even in the catastrophes of life we can usually find something to be thankful for. I feel bad for your parents & their home damage. It's tough at any age, but esp. when one gets older. I remember how we felt for 2 days when we were evacuated for the 2013 flood in our neighborhood.
        Hang in there.

Comment

I'm so glad you checked in. I hope your parents find someone reliable and quick! I know they'll want to be present as much as possible. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I am glad that you already have electricity and that your house has not suffered much damage, I am sorry about your parents´house but the fantastic news is that everyone is fine, I will pray for all of you

Comment

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are back home. Sorry to hear about your parents. There is so much loss everywhere with the hurricane, fires, and now another hurricane in the gulf. Stay safe.

Comment

Wow! Such a mess with the downed trees. But I'm happy you and your house are safe.

Comment

Happy to hear your parents already have everything lock in. It's so difficult to find an available contractor when so many homes are damaged. And you getting those trees removed will give you peace of mind, I'm sure! Lovely to have a generator ~ at least for the basics.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Living on the East coast I sympathize with anyone affected by a hurricane.

Comment

'Things can be replaced'. Glad that everyone is safe. I have a small idea of what you are going through, we were camping in PEI last year when Hurricane Dorian hit.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I am glad you have power again and that everyone is safe. I hope your parents' home will get fixed quickly.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

so much destruction...tree removal will make things seem like its getting back to normal. Thank goodness you are all safe. It will feel like too much drama in your life for a while but as they say...this too shall pass. God be with you
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

I'm glad you have power back! it's good your parents place is repairable. I hope that happens quickly.
                          Take care of yourselves.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                            'Things can be replaced'. Glad that everyone is safe. I have a small idea of what you are going through, we were camping in PEI last year when Hurricane Dorian hit.
                            I remember that! I was scared for you.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                            X