...smoke picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...smoke picture

From two weeks ago to today. This is in downtown Seattle, about 30 or so miles north of us, but it's not much better here.

Attached Files
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

whoa. unbelievable. You did a great job telling us the story. Its hard to imagine when you aren't there. God be with you
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Oh my goodness, how hard to breathe is it there? that is so bad. I hope everyone does all right with this being their daily thing for now.

Comment

Oh my, how awful. I can't imagine all the poor people with breathing problems. They outlawed having a simple fire pit pit in your backyard because of complaints.

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          That smoke is awful. You need to wear a mask when you go outdoors. I really feel for you. Hugs....

I cannot imagine that. It's spooky.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

That is awful, I cannot imagine maga ne having to go out in that stuff.
          Carlie

Comment

I've watched a lot of news items & videos in the past several days. The visibility & air quality all up & down the west coast is very bad. People are advised to stay indoors & keep the windows closed. There are a lot of hazardous chemicals in the smoke as well as the smoke particulates. Your pics certainly tell the story.

Comment

I have not been outside in at least a week. MM does errands, and when he comes back in he always comments on the stinkiness of things.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• Monique
                Monique commented
                Editing a comment
                Unimaginable for me. Stay safe.

I'm with you Pat. Ours is slightly better but not much. I haven't been out in days. It's been sunny here, but you'd never know. Dark and gloomy! I have lung issues and my mama is on oxygen, she has severe COPD. I just finished sewing more masks for us. I need to add the coffee filters inside still. They really help! Can't smell smoke at all. I need to take her out to an appointment tomorrow so I wanted to be prepared. Thanks for the photos Pat. Wow!
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

The last time I went out, we saw a fire. Tonight, MM took me out for dinner and on our way home, saw another! Flames were shooting high into the air and lots of black smoke. He was driving so I called 911.....NO ANSWER after eight or ten rings!! I hung up, and thank goodness I remember the phone # directly to fire dispatch and I called it. 911 did call me back, but it was about three minutes later.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good for you.

• Hillbillyhike
                  Hillbillyhike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow. Scary!

The pictures show a reality of what we have been following on the news. How very sad for all those impacted. Some of us don't know how lucky we are.
                “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• Monique
                  Monique commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are so right, we don't know how lucky we are.
              Working...
              X