Heartbroken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartbroken

I just checked facebook messenger...I went off Facebook years ago. I still have a page because I want my pictures. I noticed I had a few messages so I went into the messenger and my oldest friend has lost her dad last month. I didn't see. We've been friends since we were 3 and we're 42. I'm so sad I missed this as she's in Paris but I live in the next town from her parents. Both our dads have been sick for years but hanging on. I'm devestasted I wasn't there for her. Thanks for letting me share.

I'm so sorry for you friend's loss. It's hard to realize, that FB is the way a lot of people keep in touch anymore. It's how I keep up with Howard's family, as much as I hate the time I waste on it.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm so sorry Rachel! I'm sure your friend understands that you would have been there for her if you had known. Be kind to yourself. Sending a big hug your way!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

A gentle hug to you. It is hard to keep up with how everyone communicates these days so please no guilt about just seeing the post.

Comment

It is never too late to let her know you care, a card or letter would let her know that you love her.

Comment

Thanks so much! I sent her my email and of course I'll do what I can. My bf is irritating me ..not even a hug..he sees me broken up...don't ask if you offer no comfort. I know i have everyone here. So Thanks, after hours of crying I think I can cope, just sad. So many memories and it really makes me think of my dads health. Please keep Isabels mom Gloria in your prayers! She's such a giving lady.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Grief is a funny thing. Everyone deals with it differently. Often men don't know how to help a woman in tears. Maybe let him know you need a hug? Give him one and he'll hug you back? You need soothing much more than irritation right now. Sending you the biggest virtual hug I can....((((hug))).

• Monique
              Monique commented
              Editing a comment
              I send you some 'virtual' hugs.

I think Claire hit the nail on the head. When my mother died, she had touched so many people that we were getting messages well over two months after the funeral. Every one shared a wonderful memory of Mom (some we didn't know about), and we loved getting them. Many people were there for your friend at the time she needed them. but now they've gone forward with their own lives. Be there for her now, because she still needs someone.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• KPH
              KPH commented
              Editing a comment
              This is so true! Once everyone went home, is when I felt totally alone.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Well said Rob. So true!

So sorry to hear this. It is so hard when you don't talk to each other all the time. This same thing happened to me with my best friend. Her mom died and no one told me, way before facebook. Comforting prayers being sent for you and your friend and her family. It is so hard to lose a parent and keeping in touch with her will definitely help because you share memories of him together.
            Carlie

Comment

That's a tough one and I really am sorry to hear that. I have a childhood friend I follow. I practically lived at her house. She came here last year with her mom. She travels everywhere with her. She's in her 80's. I'm dreading that day this happens and if i don't notice. I had another friend that got cancer and somehow I didn't find out. Sucked big time on what to say to her.

Life happens, just let her know you're still there for her.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear this. We can’t unring a bell as they say. Let your friend know how much you care about her. Believe me that this is the time when things get hard. Don’t beat yourself up...she still loves you and needs you.
                Last edited by Bubby; September 14, 2020, 12:57 PM.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

by all means, try contacting her. every way you can. Sometimes the world can be too big. yes, she does need you and will be happy to hear from you.

Comment

Hugs, Rachel, I am sure your friend will understand. We do not use FB but many of the Gkids do and think that is the only way to communicate. We do get a phone call a few time a year though. We still consider "no news is good news" for the most part and our friends understand that. I hope you can reach out to her mom.
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X