Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I checked to see if Monique was on. Maybe she's using these mornings to sleep in a bit. Anyway, I'm always up early. The alarm goes off at 5 a.m. every day of the week.

A beautiful day yest. with high temp. of 87 deg. & bright sunshine. For the first time in ages we had a good air quality day. I've been browsing the web for pics & news of the fires in OR. I don't know how people along the west coast are breathing. All that smoke in the air from Seattle to almost the Mexican border. Still no word from my niece. In normal conditions, she's not a great communicator anyway. I'm seeing more news about Talent, OR, which is the small town in which she lives. I hope her home was spared. They're expecting to find more loss of life from the fires as ruins are searched. So many had hardly any time to flee.

Yest. ended up being a busy day. Right after breakfast I headed out on my errands. Got fertilizer & more wasp spray at Lowe's, got my Rx & several items from Walmart, bought 2 - 5 lb. jars of raw honey at the bulk store, stopped by my LQS for a look-see & got 2 spools of thread, ate lunch (inside) for my first time at Wendy's since pre-pandemic. Last stop was Vit. Cot. for spelt flour, Kombucha, some vitamins, & soy milk. I was home by 1:30. In the eve., I spread the winterizer fertilizer. It's hard on these old feet to walk back & forth across the uneven ground. It was dark by the time I hosed down the spreader & finished up. I was pooped.

Today will another YT church service. I'll be taking it easy today & hope to get some sewing done at last.

Good Morning All,

Spent the day yesterday with my vacuum cleaner. I dumped the silly thing twice, filled with doggy and sand... and that was after sweeping the hard woods yesterday! I'll go over the whole living room again today. I think I'm going to put the attachment on and vacuum the sofa and recliners while I'm at it. I'll have to clean the roller first!

Mike took the car in, it was the sensor for the voltage that had gone bad. He learned a thing or two. They misquoted the price of the part, but ended up being less than $400. He paid the bill and is happy with the dealership I sent him to. Howard really liked them when we had to have a recall fixed.

Gabby was having a nervous break down this morning. Thunder in the distance had her panting and shaking! I rolled over, she walked around me so she could snuggle up to my tummy. Silly girl, it's still thundering, so she's snuggled close to me in my chair.

Jim called, they're not going to church this morning. The kids are sniffly, probably allergies, but he's keeping them home. He's going to Zoom First Baptist up there to see what he thinks about that church. We're starting Ephesians this morning. Not sure, if I'm getting picked up or if I'm going to Zoom it. Either way works.

Time to get finish up in the kitchen. Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great minds, Joy. We were posting again at the same time.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• K. McEuen
        K. McEuen commented
        Editing a comment
        I took care of that.

Good morning!

We have rain to start the day here. It should clear out this afternoon, with a high in the mid 70's.

I have decided there is definitely something off with the edge to edge quilting design. I started to stitch a new column last night and discovered if I joined the connectors, there would have been overlap. I decided not to join them and moved the design over enough to avoid the problem. It looks much better. I may or may not join the connectors with hand stitching later. Now the question is whether to leave column #2 where it is -- I joined the connectors on that one and it is squished -- or to rip it out and re-stitch it. I'm inclined to leave it, as ripping it out will take five hours at least. The thread I chose blends really well and is very difficult to see in spots. Odds are I will be the only one who notices something is off, right?

Not much planned for today -- just time in the sewing room and the usual laundry, etc. I'm looking forward to our porch visit with Mom tomorrow, I haven't seen her in three weeks. The main hospice nurse called a couple of days ago and said Mom is doing fine. The nurse has been setting up FaceTime calls with Mom and my Texas sister. She said the last one went well.

I think I will enjoy a second cup of tea and some breakfast before heading into the sewing room. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I would step back and take a look at it. If you can't see it I would definitely leave it. That's a whole lot of ripping.

• MaggieSue
        MaggieSue commented
        Editing a comment
        I 2nd the motion to leave it as it is.

Good Morning!

Yesterday was on the cooler side, reach about 65 and we got a surprise visit from my daughter and son-in-law. They had the two youngest in tow. The 15 year old was working (at Taco Johns which is owned by my son-in-law's mom). They brought us lunch from Five Guys Burger and Fries. Both Dave and I love their burgers. We visited for a couple of hours and then they had to leave to pick up Makayla from work. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk with them for a bit.

I did a little sewing and cutting yesterday. Trying to use up some of those scraps. I have two now in the making. I have two friends from work that were expecting. I say were because one had her little boy this week, the other in due in March. The new little boy's name in Rhett and had to be transported to Mayo Clinic in Rochester due to breathing difficulties. I understand that because my granddaughter Natalie also had those issues (she was born with pneumonia). He was born by scheduled c-section on Thursday and my friend is updating quite frequently on facebook. He is doing very well and no longer had a breathing tube. I'm praying that he will be able to come home soon. I'm hoping to get the first quilt done before he comes home. The other I'll work on after I get my Irish Change done. I have that one all ready to sew blocks together in groups of 9. Took a little while to get the plain blocks scattered to where I liked the look of it.

I plan on working on the Irish Change quilt today and hope to have all the "sets" sewn together so I can start on the quilting of each set. I do have to pick up my son for an errand but it shouldn't take much time. Today is supposed to be in the upper 60's and clear and sunny so we will probably grill tonight.

I hear a cup of coffee calling my name! Have a great day everyone.
      Carlie

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        I love Five Guys! Their fries are amazing.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        I do love their fries. Dave does not. He likes his fries crispy.

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Love those fries! You can ask for a double fry on the fries or just ask for crispy.
        Prayers for the little one that he is home soon.

Good Morning to all. Yesterday was a great day. I sewed some little house blocks using the scraps I went through the day before. Son dropped by to pick up more pieces of the desk, he has had 2 great Fridays in a row (struggling with grieving). No one wanted the big oak roll top desk of my dads, he is turning it into a buffet station/cabinet. My dad was ready to get rid of it coz it was not very wheelchair friendly, so I am sure he is doing a happy dance in heaven watching his grandson give it a new purpose in life!

Had mimi story time with the little ones on facetime. They will be coming for a day visit in 2 or 3 weeks, I was so excited to hear this! Talked with daughter about the upcoming Halloween plans. Only 2 or 3 neighbors will they be allowed to visit. They will be doing in house celebrating, each decorating their bedrooms with different themes. I suggested an indoor/outdoor hunt like easter eggs. I heard the little one yell out... Yes a Halloween Hunt!. Use back yard at night, give them each a flashlight and let em go candy hunting. Then I suggested a pinata. Yes the girls said. Ordered a ghost pinata and will be picking it up today. And of course mimi can't stop there, will also do some candy shopping next visit to grocery store for filing it.

Finally heard from a BFF in oregon, she is okay for now. Her son in Oregon had to evacuate but got to return (for now). Another son is in northern Calif and so far so good, but is on alert too. The west coast is definitely a mess!

Time for more coffee and some house building in the sewing room.

(((Hugs to all))))

Comment

Good Morning....it’s rather gloomy and chilly this morning. It’s supposed to brighten and warm up later. Joy I’m so glad you had good air quality yesterday and I hope it continues.
        The fires continue to rage out of control and the devastation is staggering. So far my family is safe.

We made good progress on the garage yesterday. We will finish up tomorrow after we take Sugar to see the vet for her ear infection. We will have both girls’ nails trimmed also. Sugar uses her paws a lot to get my attention and she’s been gouging me with her sharp nails and drawing blood. I look like BandAid Queen lately.

Good to hear from you again today Mimi. It sounds like things are coming together for you. Your Halloween plans sound like loads of fun.

We have had a week of seeing Rosario’s lovely work. Thank you, Rosario! Rhonda K will take over starting tomorrow. It sounds like she has a lot to share with us.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Another day hear with bad smoke. It's so thick it looks like it's foggy out. We couldn't see the sun yesterday. It was supposed to be in the high 20sC but instead was 17C. I was reading the news and they said the air quality in Vancouver right now was one of the worst in the world. Smoke is moving farther north still. Another day to stay inside. Laundry, sewing, phoning family and a cozy dinner is in order for me. Hubby has been jn his workshol working on a secret woodworking project. My guess is something for me.

Joy..fingers crossed. Waiting is so hard.

Mimi...you have some great Halloween plans! Wonderful ideas....especially the candy hunt. Perfect alternative to trick or treating!

Rosario...thank you for sharing all of your gorgeous quilts with us!! They are just lovely!

I'm going to do some embroidery on this quilt while hubby is still asleep. Have a wonderful day everyone!
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good morning. It has been cooler here too. It’s nice to sit outside and read.
            I have been sewing more strips for my quilt. I had to order more fabric for the main block. Unfortunately it is on older fabric line.
            I have been making greeting cards and scrapbook pages too. I should also get out the needle point I started years ago.
            Our pug went to vet last week for her 1/yr check up. Her ears were quiet dirty. Thank goodness they cleaned them for me. She is still so wiggly.

Beth

Comment

Good Morning Every one
              I don't envy you all that hard work yesterday, Joy. Aging has me going half as fast and taking twice as long to do things that seemed easier when younger. You have more strength and stamina than you think to have finished a long day with so much to do . This is my first year not having planted tomatoes, and lots of flowers. The virus changed the garden centers opening and closing dates. I missed out.
              I counted all my unfinished projects yesterday....25.. Good Lord, lots of good intentions and good starts. I plan to make myself busy completing as much as I can. I am working on a baby quilt for my granddaughter coming in 7 or 8 weeks. It has a pretty panel of a Teddy Bear's Tea. Plan to work on the other side today, using the Five and Dime squares. I finished my bottles of flowers wall panel yesterday so hoping to hang it up today. I cut some hot air balloon shapes yesterday with my petal ruler . Looking forward to working on that project soon.
              We are having a good rain today , that should bring relief to the brown patches of grass in our back yard.
              Stay safe, healthy and happy.
              snoopy 8.jpg.

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                This was our first year not planting flowers, too. We did have a few volunteer flowers pop up late and we have a few perennials. We normally have several pretty planters on our porch and patio. Good luck with your UFOs.
                Last edited by Bubby; September 13, 2020, 01:23 PM.

• JCY
                JCY commented
                Editing a comment
                Over the years, I've been switching over to perennials, but I still planted some impatiens this year, although I didn't get them in the ground until July. I love the extra color. They did well. Love the Snoopy pic posted above. There's always something to be thankful for. God is good!

Those pugs are very wiggly aren't they, at least ours is. She doesn't mind ear treatment to badly but those toenails are a real struggle.
              We have a beautiful late summer day here right now but I am sure it will heat right up later. We got quite a rain last night which made me and the plants very happy.
              I never made it to the quilt room yesterday but did get Summer quilts replaced with Fall ones on the beds and hung in the breakfast room. Things are looking cool even if the weather isn't.
              I think I will work on some pumpkin place mats today.
              Have a great week next week everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
                The smoke is still in the unhealthy to hazardous range. We are hoping for rains on Monday to clear some of this out. I worry about the livestock and pets breathing this stuff. (No, I'm not letting the goats in the house.)

I made the grocery run for us and Mom yesterday. Mom & Dad are not doing well overall. I can't decide how much of Mom's confusion is due to her white matter disease and how much to her pain medication. (Her new hip is fine, but the disks above her spinal fusion are collapsing.) I'm not sure how much longer they are going to be OK on their own.

I need to get into the sewing room today. I have to finish off a couple more masks.

You all have a good day!
                Hugs, Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning! I'm up and ready to continue to sew. Abby invaded my cutting space last night ( I use the kitchen table) to make cookies so I stopped for the night. I saw this morning Pat Sloan has a new quilt along coming up...I have lots of layer cakes with cordnating fabric so I think I'll join in!

I sent out a round of packages a few weeks ago now my other kids feel left out!! I thought about sending out another round of homemade gifts and was talking to Daniel. We're so close to christmas I think I'll work on the gifts but hold off sending for Christmas. Especially my granddaughter...I want her stuff to be special not spoiled. I've got an apron cut out for her and I'll have to get creative since I've made her so much not sure what to do....maybe seasonal place mat and matching coaster? Or seasonal mug rugs? She's 6. I have lots of coasters to do for everyone else lol. That and table toppers/runners seem to be what everyone wants! Since I really like my twister ruler right now they are in luck!

I hope everyone has a great day! Stay safe those in the path of the fires, you are always in our thoughts! Happy sewing!

Comment

• JCY
                    JCY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have never heard of Pat Sloan. I looked her up this eve. & checked out her web site & some of her videos. I'll have to re-visit her site for more browsing. Another quilter to follow.

Really don't have much to report right now. Just wanted to check in to say hello. Work continues on the Blue and Gray quilt, and Cheryl has started the Grandmother's Flower Garden. She already had to change the size of the hexagon from 3 to 5 since the pattern from EQ8 is all messed up. I would likely blame the designer, but I know for a fact that he doesn't handle criticism well.😉

Take care!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Not much going on here. I want to go on vacation!!! Did you hear that teardrop fall? Just wait. There'll be more where that came from. Sigh. Maybe next year. Not until then??!! I am gonna put my cranky pants on. Hope everyone has a great week to come. Gina

Comment

• JCY
                      JCY commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would love a vacation! It's been 7 years since I've been able to get away.

• Hillbillyhike
                      Hillbillyhike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We were supposed to go to Italy this summer and see our friends in Venice. Had our flights already booked. Sigh...I'll commiserate with you Gina! Patience is a virtue, right??

• Hillbillyhike
                      Hillbillyhike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's a long time Joy!
                  Working...
                  X