Good Morning Saturday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Saturday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I don't see Monique on, so I'll get started. Yest. was such a nice day. High temp. was 76 deg. & sunny which was just comfortable. I baked DH's bread in the a.m. The baking bread always makes the house smell so good.

Today will be errands. I need to run out to Walmart to pick up an Rx & a few items. I need to go to the bulk food store & get honey. I emptied the 5 lb. jar yest. Also a stop at Lowe's to pick up winterizer fertilizer. I need to get that spread so there's plenty of time to water it in before we need to blow out the sprinkler system. We usually have that done during first few days of Oct. I'll keep watching the extended forecast.

This a.m. DH wants to remove the attic fan for the winter. He plans to do that right after breakfast. Years ago DH cut an opening in the ceiling of our hallway in which we insert a 20" box fan for the summer months. It works great as an attic fan. We run it every night during the summer heat. It's a bit of a chore to go up in the attic & do it. We have built-in steps that drop down from the ceiling of the garage.

I did more web browsing yest. on the fires in OR. Oh, my heart goes out to those who had to flee with only the clothes on their back. So many folks have lost everything. Some are missing; the death toll will probably rise. Still no word about my niece.

I haven't done any sewing all week. I've been too busy with other things. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Good Morning. I’m not sure what today will bring. I have laundry going and I need to get dressed, eat a bite, and get to the garage to work with a Jeff. We got a lot done yesterday despite the wicked humidity.

Rosario was able to start a thread this morning so she has already posted. If you missed her photos yesterday they were added late yesterday.

As usual I’m at a loss what to make for dinner. One would think I’m a novice cook, but I think I’m burned out in that area. I need to make a trip to the store for some basics. Stop whining Barb!

Sugar seems to have an ear infection and the vet can’t see her until Monday. I have some drops from last time that I’ll use until then.

I will check in later. Have a good Saturday everyone.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      I have found one silver lining to my current life situation. I have found that I am EASY to cook (or not cook) for. Still adjusting to cooking for just one and not 3 when it comes to meal sizes. I was definitely in that "burn out" mode when it came to meal preparations!

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      I get in burn out mode every year in the summer. I graze more in the summer I guess. My menu seems to be fall-soups, winter-casseroles, spring-salads, summer-I don’t know, what sounds good to you?

Good Morning to all. Yesterday I accepted an offer on my dads house. Sad and Happy... Sad that chapter is closing, but happy that the financial drain it has had on me will soon be stopping! It is being sold "As-Is" (fixer upper) and fingers cross the inspection doesn't bring up costly items that the good ole state of calif. will require me to fix. My dad and I had been discussing selling it before his stroke (putting him in a better financial position), and so I know in my heart of hearts this sell was going to happen even if he was still here.

I did manage to sew 4 scrappy baby quilt tops this past week or so, keeping myself busy. Yesterday I did scrap management... that in itself is a "JOB". Think maybe I need to make some scrappy houses.

I need to make room in my garage for dads kitchen fridge. It is a small one and the buyer doesn't want it. I have a small side by side that is over 20 years old and not sure how much longer it will last. And I DON"T like it... the side by side (freezer side) is pretty much useless for anything of a decent size. Never buy one of those again! His has freezer on top and I like that section being at my eye level!

Hope all have a safe and happy day. ((((HUGS)))

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
      Mimi_Howard commented
      Editing a comment
      The one that was in my dads garage was my daughters hand me down... exactly what you described, french doors with bottom freezer. I gave it to next door neighbor, too large for his kitchen and mine and with all the other stuff of his in my garage now, I didn't have room for that big one. Loved the bottom freezer!

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Sending a big virtual hug out to you Mimi! As Bubby put it...bittersweet. I'm right behind you on this task. My emotions are all over the place this week. I'm hear to lend an ear if you wish.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a side by side fridge that came with the house and I am not a fan, because of the limited freezer space. We have a french door refrigerator in the kitchenette at work and I would like one of those next time.

Morning.

Patsy is ours!!!! We spoke with the foster yesterday, and she agreed that we should be able to adopt her. It will take about a week to get the paperwork all together and finalized, and we still have to figure out a way to do the transfer, but Cheryl and I are so excited! It's been two years almost exactly since we had to put Droopy down, and it has taken me this long to be ready to welcome another dog into the house. The foster said that Patsy is so friendly and smart. She figured out a way to climb up some boxes to get to a dog food container that she had sitting on top of her washing machine, so we are going to have to be careful. Also, she's three years old, so she's going to need some obedience training, which will not be a problem. The biggest challenge is her eye (like father, like daughter). She had a detached retina, so they removed that eye. We will have to put eyedrops in her eye twice a day and have her looked at by a vet at least once every three months to check her progress.

Today we will pick up a grocery order and then it's back to the sewing room. I will start to assemble the Blue and Gray quilt. Cheryl is working on some mending for one of our neighbors, so as soon as she finishes that she will go back to work on her Morningstar quilt.

Not much else to report. I think we will likely feed Patsy the same Pure Balance that we fed Droopy. Droopy thrived on it, and even though it's a Walmart brand, our vet said that it was good food. I know Droopy liked it.

Have a great weekend all!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This was the first time I ever had to take a dog in to be put down, and it hit me so hard that I just couldn't let myself get close to another dog. Patsy was just so cute, and her story tugged at my heart, that I knew she was the one.

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations on the new doggie! I hope you have many wonderful years with her.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm excited for you and Patsy!

Good Morning Joy & Barb,

This morning is rainy and cool again. It is supposed to get into the lower 60's, yesterday didn't get out of the 50's. Dave is a little frustrated because we finally got the siding and now it is rainy. We aren't getting much rain, just enough to make it difficult to work outside. So he is bored. We need to get to Menards so he can buy some wood with the rebates we have gotten so he can make something with it.

I did not do much yesterday, trying to get my knees in a better place. They are okay as long as I'm not moving about a bunch. Going up and down stairs can be a problem especially later in the day. Thankfully I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday and my injections are already approved for both knees so when I see the doctor on Thursday I can also get the injections.

I was able to get a little bit of sewing done on the pinwheel quilt that I have. It is going pretty good. Today I think I will spend some time arranging the blocks for the Irish Change quilt. Once that is done I will start piecing. I decided to do rows of 3 (total of 9 blocks) and layer and quilt each group of 9 blocks. This is something new for me so I hope it comes out okay.

I'm not sure if we are supposed to have rain all day today or not. I have pork chops thawed in the refrigerator so if the weather cooperates I think we will grill. Otherwise I probably will make my Creole Pork Chops (a recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook that I got as a shower gift 46 years ago!)

Joy, I also looked a bit at the fires on the west coast. It is awful. My friend in Michigan has a son who is living in Oregon and he went to stay with his girlfriend as the fires where he lives are about 20 miles from his home (that was yesterday morning). I cannot imagine how frightening it must be living with fires all around you. Praying that your niece is safe.

Barb, my daughter's Herkimer (long-hair dachshund) has a chronic problem with ear infections. It seems they get worse when allergy season is high. His poor ears get so red. Hope Sugar's ear doesn't get too bad before she sees the vet.

Time for some coffee and a little breakfast. Have a great day!
    Carlie

Comment

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      My grandpa bought me a Betty Crocker cookbook when I graduated from college and moved into my first apartment. Guess he wanted to be sure I wouldn't starve. It has been well-used over the years.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I am terrible about cookbooks. I have so many and in the last few years have purged a bunch. I still have my old reliables, the Betty Crocker and Pillsbury cookbooks I received as shower gifts. I went through my grandmother’s recipe books and kept some. I am hoping to type up the recipes she used a lot and make a recipe book for my daughter and me. Maybe for Christmas next year. Then I’ll be getting rid of a bunch more.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm starting to read articles & see pics from Talent, OR, which is close to Phoenix, not far from Medford & Ashland. Still no word from my niece. It looks like at least 2 large mobile home neighborhoods were totally destroyed.

Good Morning All,

It's mighty quiet in the house since Pepper left yesterday. Gabby slept most of the day and all night. I think she was as tired as I was!

Morgan's grandmother called right after Pepper left. She said Carl was inconsolable. I imagine he is, they've kept all the kids since they were infants. Seeing them leave town has broken their hearts. Diane wants to get together and do 'stuff' since we both have mornings free now. I'm willing! Anything is better than being stuck in the house all of the time.

Mike wants to take a vacation in October, go to NC and VA to see the kids. We'll see if he can get the two weeks off that he'd like to have off. That will determine if we go to VA and home or VA and toward Charlotte. I'd love to see Melinda.

I started sweeping up, yesterday. I'd sweep the hardwoods for about 5 minutes then vacuum up the pile of dog hair and sand. Today, I'm planning on working in the play room, where Pepper's crate has been. The kids left a bunch of stuff out and out of place. It's time to go in there and reorganize. Stuff they haven't been playing with will probably go to Salvation Army.

Time to get busy doing something productive while Mike's at the dealership with the car. Have a great day. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning! I'm up early, finally completely over that horrible stomach bug. I plan to sew today and defrost the freezer. I was suppossed to do it already but sickness held it off...no more stalling. Such a pain.

Hopefully Daniel gets the new washer this weekend. Hes such a procrastinator...

Ready for coffee and sewing. I want to go to Micheals today and hoping my Disney panels come in today. Looking forward to the fall day. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear you're feeling better Rachel!

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, so am I!!

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Defrosting the freezer is on my to-do list before cold weather. The freezer is in the garage.

Good morning everyone!

The smoke from the fires down south have made their way up here. I have stayed in the house with the windows closed for 2 days now. It looks cloudy out this morning it's so thick with smoke. My heart breaks for those poor folks who have lost family members and everything in their lives. I can't get the image of that leveled trailer park out of my mind. I hope the fires are contained soon. Joy...I hope you hear from your niece soon. It must be such a worry!

I baked buns yesterday and finished my Mama's Quilt top. I'm now deciding whether to try and quilt it on my machine or get a long armer to do it. I'm struggling with wanting to do it myself so that it's my work or making it nicer and easier by having someone else do it. I will call someone today. If it's not too much money I may go for it.

Another day indoors today will mean catching up on housework that I've neglected by quilting, lol. I better catch up on that before I start another project! I should actually cook hubby a decent meal too! Haha. I will likely see my mama tomorrow so I will do some cooking and baking for her as well. I need to sew some more masks for us all as well today.

Enjoy your day everyone! Stay happy, healthy and safe!

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good morning,

Rainy here from a TS going across the state. I finished errands yesterday and managed to get DH truck detailed for him. I got home just before the rain started so it was nice and shiny for him.

It will be a play day in the sewing room between loads of laundry. There will also be a reckoning because I made a wreck in the other bedroom pulling out bins to find some completed projects. Funny how we forget them along the way. It would be nice to have a cedar storage trunk. We have limited closet space so use bins under the bed for storage.

Joy, I hope you hear from your niece soon. Prayers for those dealing with the stress of fire and storm events.

I will work on some more quilt blocks today but may move to a smaller project. I need to mix-up tasks/projects to give my brain a break. Time to move and start the laundry. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Comment

We have a beautiful day here, cool enough right now but I expect it will heat up, maybe some rain which would be good. It rained for about 5 minutes yesterday which is not enough to do much good. Glad DH was done mowing before the rain.
          I went shopping yesterday, first time in a long while. I got some parts to add to my Fall things and fixed up my mantel.IMG_1412.JPG I also hung up a Fall quilt and will change out the one on our bed later. The sheets are being washed right now. This is our year to host Thanksgiving so I put in some effort.
          I bought a couple of pillows yesterday, they are cream velvet quilted in tan thread with sunflowers all over the front. The are so pretty but a little too subtle. I wish I could dye them turquoise. I haven't dyed anything in years and don't want to mess them up so I will just look at them closely occasionally to see the quilting effect.😁
          I think later today I might get into the quilting room for more than 15 min. I did pop in there this week and starched some backing and did a little pressing but am itching to get more time there.
          Congrats on the new doggie, it is a shame about her eye but she will probably do fine with one.
          Sorry for the doggie ear infection, those flop over ears just seem to invite them, I now our pug often has problems too.
          I hope our liver transplant guy is mending well, glad Rachel is feeling better and I hope everyone else is, too.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much, I would have loved to have been a decorator, didn't know that was a thing when careers were being considered. I did a bit of decorating when I had the drapery business and loved it. I think the birds are quail. Sorry Cokie, couldn't remember the right name but do know I am thinking of you both

• Hillbillyhike
            Hillbillyhike commented
            Editing a comment
            Quail. They certainly could be. I'm not up on birds, lol.

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Very pretty mantle decorations & wall pic. Are the birds pheasants? We used to see a lot of them in Mich. when I lived there.

It's a weird morning out there.
          We have the smoke from the CA & OR wildfires blowing in. It's a strange yellowish color outside. Our air quality was the worst in the world yesterday, and it's supposed to hit "hazardous" by 10 or 11 this morning.
          I worry about our animals, they don't get to wear masks. One of the old ladies was doing some serious coughing yesterday.

I finished my first week of school. I'm in the building, but my kid is at home. It's strange times. I may be in the building, but I'm classZooming with the students until noon. Then I have paperwork to prepare for kids I don't know when I'll see.

With the air this bad, I'll be inside most of the weekend. My only trip out will be a grocery run for Mom and us.
          Perhaps I'll actually get into the sewing room.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been seeing pics of the smoky air in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, OR, etc. both on the web & on the news. Terrible air quality!

Good morning!

Today will be around 80, with a chance of rain late this afternoon / early evening.

I talked to Mom's facility yesterday. They have two employees in charge of the schedule for the porch visits. The one we talked to about having a regular visit time forgot to write us down on the schedule. Fortunately, they had one opening for Monday, a little earlier at 10:30 am. We will go back to visiting at 11 am the following week. I mentioned my Texas sister is visiting in October, and how we may need to schedule visits outside of the regular time. I need to have a chat with my sister, usually when she comes up she doesn't decide what she wants to do until the moment she wants to do it. She is going to have to plan ahead a little bit. They still don't know how they are going to handle the visits when the weather turns cold.

I worked on my Halloween quilt yesterday. I am having a little trouble with the edge to edge quilting design. You stitch the design in columns, and each design has connecting tails in middle of the design on the left and right sides to match up and make the design look continuous. The tails on this design are rather short. There is very little wiggle room and I feel like the quilting is squished too close together. I have to be very careful the design doesn't overlap. I've never had this problem before. It must be an issue unique to this particular design.

I think I will grab some lunch before heading into the sewing room. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Working...
          X