I won my chicken battle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won my chicken battle!

As some remember I live in a place that is over run with wandering chickens. Kauai Is pretty famous for it. If you go back when Sandy N was still here she teased me endlessly. She would send me stuff, like a box of white chicken feathers. Have you ever opened a box of feathers that weren't in a bag with the windows open?

Then she sent this in the Pincushion challenge. Lovingly made in her wood shop.

sandy 4.jpg

Then she made a dead chicken

sandy 3.jpg

So on to my battle. I have a hen that is so stubborn. Jumping up on the deck and eating the cat food and the seed I put out for the cardinals. It got so bad That I ordered a motion sensor sprinkler. It worked for awhile, but she just went to other sides around it. Then I got netting. It had a 3'' grid. She stepped right through it. This has been going on for months! Sometimes 10 times a day. I finally had to name her. Her ears must be ringing. Hi Sandy ๐Ÿ˜œ

I finally found the solution.

sandy1.JPG

sandy2.JPG

Peace at last!

๐ŸŒบ Lorie

That's too funny! But it must have been frustrating for you.

Comment

Glad you can finally claim Victory. That is funny about the gifts from Sandy!

Comment

We'll all celebrate your victory!
        Katrina
        โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

She's a beauty!

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            She looks better outside.๐Ÿ˜€

That is so funny, Sandy was very clever!!

Comment

Oh.....that greenery! I am pretty sure Sandy is still around....she just lurks. I get random things from time to time and they always put a smile on my face!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Looks like you solved your problem. And to be able to do it without sacrificing the outdoor view and breeze. Great job!

Comment

Sorry but.....I'm afraid I would have changed her name to "Chicken & Noodles !!
                Kathryn
                There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                X