Well, I'm (somewhat) human again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm (somewhat) human again

Normally, this wouldn't merit more than anything other than a passing reference, if even that, but given that things are far from normal I just had to share what I did today. The picture at left is pre-haircut while the one on the right is after. I told the stylist that she made me look human again (not that she had that much to work with). Amazing, and pretty sad, when something so simple as a haircut is cause for celebration.

Now, I just need to shave.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Oh, you look so much better! I'll bet you feel better, too. The pandemic has not affected me re: hair. I've cut my own for >30 yrs. I also cut DH's hair. I used to cut the boys' when they still lived at home. I'm sure I've saved 100's of $ over the years.

Comment

Ha. I agree, you look great! I actually chopped off most of my own hair the other day. short now! very. but I like it. (())

Comment

I wish my Hubby would shave his beard a just leave a mustache. You look great....much younger.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I went almost six months with no haircut. I did use the Flowbee once, but was not pleased with it.

It is still hard to get into salons, so about a month ago, I went with MM to his barber. That man runs a shop that is built onto his house not far from ours. He did MM's first and was done in about 15 minutes. Goodness!! He gave me such a great haircut! He cut it first then went back and went over it again with a razor to finish it up. I'm actually looking forward to going again in two weeks!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            I use to go to my Dad's barber all the time.

• nativetexan
            nativetexan commented
            Editing a comment
            that is what i used to cut my hair, the Flowbee. it's ok.

I've been cutting my guys hair for 30+ years. I cut Howard's then as the kids came along, I cut theirs too. I still cut Mike's and shape up his beard once he gets the length he wants.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

You look great Rob! Must feel good. I cut mine and finish hubby's. He does his front. I used to cut my parents' and Oma's hair as well. I've stopped colouring it now. The fumes are horrible for my lungs. I put mine into a ponytail and snip off the end, lol.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've tried the ponytail thing. I need to go in for a cut. I save money on coloring my own but cutting ...not for me lol

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I used to colour my own too. I find that my hair is in a ponytail most of the time anyways. I can't stand it in my face when I'm doing something, which is most of the time. I don't leave the house these days unless I absolutely have to. I'm at high risk for Covid.

• Rob the HOAQ
              Rob the HOAQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I could put my hair in a ponytail (not really).

Rob

Rob, you got a great haircut! Thanks for sharing a photo with us.

I used a Flowbee for years to cut my own hair, then moved back near my fabulous step-sister who really understood my hair. Now with the pandemic, I'm back to using the Flowbee on both myself and my husband. I have loosely curly hair, and my face is pear shaped—very small forehead with a strong jaw and chin. Both the texture of my hair and the shape of my face are relatively rare, and I just couldn't get a haircut I liked. For years and years and years, I'd tell hairdressers to make the top longer than the nape to balance out my face and give my hair enough length to curl. I don't know why that always seemed to translate into "short everywhere." When my last hairdresser retired, I bought the Flowbee. Finally I could cut things long on top, tapering shorter all the way down. It helps that my hair is a bit wild. Any mistakes with the Flowbee get lost in the curls.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• nativetexan
              nativetexan commented
              Editing a comment
              My older vacuum gave up and i got a cheaper one. the end of the newer wand doesn't fit the Flowbee well but i use the yellow rubber thing. at least that made it work even if I find it difficult to get it on!

I got mine cut this week, and so did DH. I used to cut mine and the kids. Never tried DH as he had to have a military cut. My arthritis finally caused me to stop. The kids had left home by then.

Comment

Wow! So many Flowbees. When I was young we used to laugh at the commercials. Lol. Sounds like they really work! I must look into one!
              Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

No color, but I sure would love to lose a lot of this hair. Its HOT!. I will probably take matters into my own scissors this weekend.
                TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I used to tease my dad about going to barber shop... telling him he was paying them just to find hair to cut!!! He had very little on sides. When it finally got to the point where he was more bald than anything else, we invested in good clipper and good razor. AND I didn't even charge him to find those stray hairs and do away with em!

Comment

Looking good Rob. I have not had a cut since December and can hardly wait for one again. Unfortunately it is now at that in-between stage, just a bit too short to capture it in one tail so on those hot humid days I need to put in a few just to keep the thick hot mess off neck and out of eyes.
                    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Looking good! I was with my DH for over 30 years and I never did see him without a mustashe.

Ladies if your cutting your own hair check this out https://getcreaclip.io/offer-01/?guu...UFBQUFGNjd0cHc I bought one of these. Works great. There are videos of people using it if you look on Pinterest

🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                        Hillbillyhike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Robbie! Lol. Thanks Rob. I'll have to ask my hubby why he's attached to his. He's had beards on oand off as well. He will be 60 next month. Although I'm curious as to what he looks like clean shaven, I have never ans will never ask him to shave. His face...his choice. I wouldn't want him to dictate how I cut my hair. Although he has his opinions about it! Haha. Still...my hair, my choice. My favourite look of his is a close beard, which he has now, or goatee.

• Hulamoon
                        Hulamoon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My DH was Japanese/Chinese and had a Fu Manchu moustache. Very Charlie Chan.

• Hillbillyhike
                        Hillbillyhike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lorie...mine had a Fu Manchu moustache for a while when we were young. ..and he's Scottish/ English! He had super long hair then. His friends said he looked like a cousin of Juan Valdez. Lol We were camping and he had a big straw hat on at the time.
                        Last edited by Hillbillyhike; September 12, 2020, 06:31 PM.

Great job! It's the little things that make our day better.

Comment

Working...
                      X