Mountain Lion & Bear Spotted in Town over the Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion & Bear Spotted in Town over the Weekend

A mountain lion & a bear both reportedly spent their Labor Day weekend in our town. A doorbell camera captured the mountain lion about 5:45 a.m. Tues. A bear was seen Mon. morning in town. These were spotted in the the downtown area & on the east side of town. It's not uncommon for them to be seen on the west side of town, closer to the foothills. Sometimes they follow a stream bed. Of course, this time of year the bears are looking for food to store up for their winter hibernation. A bear (unknown if the same bear), was sighted W. of town where it reportedly entered a chicken coop & ate some chickens. Bears are attracted to fruit trees, berries, & bird feeders.

First thing I thought of was the line from Wizard of Oz. Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My. LOL
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

Geeze, all I'm getting is poachers. Guess they don't know the new game warden lives just a road over.....
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

What city are you in? Is it Loveland? I wouldn't want to meet up with one of them in the wild or in town!

Comment

When we camped near Banff, we were told to watch out for elk, grizzly bears and cougars. Luckily we didn't see any.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
          X