Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The cold front blew in the cold temps. & rain. It's not snowing yet, but it's supposed to snow all day today into tomorrow. Temps. to be in the 30's. I was very busy yest. eve. getting things done outside. I moved 2 of the geranium pots into the garage, drained the water from the fountain & stored the top, boy on turtle, inside the garage, & covered the "bowl" of the fountain with plastic bags for the winter. Disconnected all the hoses & hung them up. Placed some old rugs over an area of exposed sprinkler system pipes. Drained the copper tubing to the swamp cooler. Not much more I can do at this point.

DS#2 came by for about an hr. yest. at 5 p.m. He works PT for a HS friend at his farm. They've been busy harvesting from the large garden prior to the storm. They sell produce at the farm, but also give a lot away to family & friends. He brought me corn, a watermelon, an acorn squash, & 2 zucchini. I may have to make some zucchini bread, freeze it, & eat it sparingly. I didn't get the corn processed until 8 p.m. I had a serving for supper & froze up 5 (1 c.) containers.

The Cameron Peak Fire exploded to 96,000 acres on Mon. It still was smoky yest., but not as bad as on Sun.

This a.m. I have my annual wellness check (physical); Medicare sure has a lot of paper work they want filled out. I'm curious to know what my A1C will be. Six mos. ago it was 6.1. I need to run to the groc. store on the way home. I'm hoping the snow will hold off until I get home.

Monique is supposed to get home tomorrow, so I hope we'll see her posts soon.

Good Morning Joy and those to follow,

Yesterday was cooler and today is cooler yet. We are supposed to get rain today but it is not raining yet although it looks like it could start anytime.

I talked with my best friend yesterday for a bit. I haven't talked with her for several months. She had some very bad news. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She and I have been friends since we met at the bus stop when she started kindergarten and I was in 1st grade. She has been through so much in the last 20 years. She has diabetes which she is very good at controlling but 15 years ago she suffered a stroke and has been struggling with that, having TIA's quite frequently and then back pain all the time and now this. She told me that the lump she found was small. When she found it she notified her doctor right away and he got her in to check things out. She has already had a biopsy and it has been confirmed as cancer. She will be having a PET scan on Thursday and I'm praying that they find it has not metastasized.

After she called I did not do much. I was kind of stunned, I guess. I did go up to the sewing room last night and worked on a kid's quilt and I have in process. Didn't feel like doing anything that I would have to really think about, does that make sense?

This morning Dave has to get his last rabies shot. I had called my doctor to get that pre-authorized and found out he could not do it, that the doctor who ordered it needed to get the pre-authorization. That office called me back several days later and told me she was informed that we did not have to have a pre-authorization. Boy, talk about running around in circles. She wrote down everything she was told including the name of the individual who told her it didn't need pre-authorization. So today will be that last of those. Then we have to drop off my car to get a recall and oil change done. Not sure what the recall is about, Dave know so I don't worry about it.

Late morning I will be headed to my daughter's house. She has an appointment to follow-up on her blood pressure. Hope things go well there. She is planning on giving the rest of the blankets out to the daycare kids (the ones I made several months ago) so she will wait until I'm there to do that.

Best get going, have a great day everyone.
    Carlie

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully they will find the appropriate treatment for her, since it sounds like it is small. I had a scare this summer after my mammo. They called me back for a re-test of left breast. It didn't show up on all views, and it was reviewed by the technician and oncologist. They had set time for a scan but not required. They determined it was a cyst. I will have another mammo next July (earlier than usual 2 yr mammo.)

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping for the best, Carlie. Sounds like she's lucky to have a friend like you.

Rob

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      So sorry Carlie..I was writing at the same time so I just saw this. Prayers for your friend's health! I have friends I've known since grade school as well. Glad she has you!!

I’m sorry to hear about your friend, Carlie. I hope it hasn’t spread and that is can be removed. It’s a hard thing when we get older. I have lost a few friends in the past two years and more are in various stages of decline.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love zucchini! We buy 3-5 a week. I make veries zuccini boats for lunch. Great low carb low calerie meals.

Good Morning! Getting ready to start the day of work!! Coffee first!

I got so much done this weekend, I sewed and tacked down applique. I feel super productive. I have things cut out and ready to go to the machine for secert santa and Christmas presents. One project is bigger than expected so i need to go get a backing. I have fabric but it's a gift and i want the perfect backing. I had one but not enough. I'm not too broken up at buying fabric!

Abby and I went grocery shopping last night, she made lasagna for dinner. It was great! I'll be defrosting the freezer today ..ugh a daunting task but must be done. Our freezer is inside the fridge and we have to use a chairbto keep the door closed. I was waiting for Daniel to eat the last ice cream so i could get it done! I didn't do much cleaning this weekend due to I cut my thumb nail too close and its been sore and open so cleani g products nope not even with gloves ..it hurts!

I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day!!

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, I remember zucchini boats... I don't know what Mom did to them, but I hated them. I still don't care for zucchini, but love just about any other kind of squash.

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh i love other squashes too. I keep looking for recipes. Daniel doesn't like squashes so I try to do things Abby and I like. I usually fill them with cooked chicken pieces, tomato, I cook the squash i remove in oil with onions and peppers..put on top of the chicken and tomato then top with spagetti sauce and cheese. I found if I bake with parchment paper on top it doesnt stick and the cheese stays gooey. I want to try butternut like this but unsure.

Good morning. The sun is shining and it looks like another pleasant day here. We got a bit of yardwork done yesterday and my lower back is feeling it today. I didn't do as much yesterday as I did on Saturday with no back issues. But hubby pointed out that yesterday involved more planting and bending so that is probably why.

I got an email yesterday from our library. Yay, they are opening up today! Lots of things not available yet but I may take a trip over this week to just be around all those books again.

Last night I had a fun video chat with Zeke. He wanted to tell me about a show he had been watching and then, of course, he wanted to know what I was watching. When I told him I was watching the Yankees, he said "Again?!" And with the way they have been playing, that's a good question. Then he wanted to see outside my house into our yard as he was showing me outside his patio door and telling me it was too hot to be outside there. When I turned the phone around and showed him it was dark outside, he was shocked. He turned to his mom and asked her, Mom, why is it dark outside Oma's window and look, we have sunshine? With that, Dad arrived back home with dinner and Ana and I assigned the task of explaining why to him after dinner.

Today I plan to do a bit of sewing, maybe lunch with Ceil and put together some chicken cacciatore fir dinner.

Joy, I hope the snow holds off until you get back home today.

Have a good day all.
      Last edited by Ginny B; September 8, 2020, 08:10 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the snow held off while I was out this a.m. It's been mostly rain, but occas. a mix of rain/snow. They're still predicting 2-5" tonight into tomorrow. There is a freeze warning for tonight. We've had the furnace on all day. Quite a switch from the 90's & 100's we've recently had!
        Last edited by JCY; September 8, 2020, 05:01 PM.

Good Morning, Thank you all for your patience with our efforts to keep our little quilt show going. Maybe Al will get in touch with Rosario and be able to help her situation. I sent him an email on her behalf yesterday.

Joy, good luck with your A1C test. I know you watch your diet like I do and it should be okay. We have all been under more stress the past few months and that can impact your numbers, too.

Joy, you have done a great job filling in for Monique. I appreciate your reliability. I always know you will start us off each morning. Thank you for all you do in addition to your busy personal life. I know that at times it’s a juggling act.

Our garage update is moving along. The rest of the insulation has been put up and the plywood that will cover it is almost installed. Jeff has all of the components for the new shelving ready to go. Two more days and we may be able to get back to normal around here.

I think I will have to pick up prescriptions today.

wishing everyone a great day....Hugs
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        My A1C was 6.1, which was down from 6.3 from my last visit 6 mos. ago. The dr. is pleased with my management. I take only 250 mg. of Metformin twice a day.

Good morning,

It feels like Monday, but that was yesterday, so it is Tuesday. I even got mixed up on the TV shows last night wondering why they were on the schedule. It's all ok and doesn't matter the day if you can stitch a little bit.

Today, I will help DH with a project this morning and then help DD this afternoon.

Joy, I can't believe you are dealing with cold weather already. Good idea to make all the preps and be prepared. Those fresh vegs sound delish.

Carlie, Caring thoughts for your friend. It's so special to remain in touch all these years with her. Best wishes for her test.

Time to start piecing some strips for the next block. Happy Stitches to all.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

I second Barb's comments cc Joy and her work getting us started every morning in Monique's absence! Thank you, Joy!

Carlie, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm praying the lump is in the early stages and treatment will be successful.

I didn't do much yesterday....I was tired out from the weekend. My DD and her roommate met me at the cabin Friday night. On Saturday we drove to Jay Cook State Park. It was really beautiful, and we had a perfect fall day weatherwise. After walking the trails for a couple of miles, and enjoying the river and scenery, we drove to Betty's Pies for a late lunch. Wow! They were crazy busy! There was a long line in the parking lot for takeout. Lots of pies were leaving the restaurant. Luckily, we had made reservations, so we didn't have to wait too long to be seated. I guess I wasn't terribly impressed by the food this time (DD and I had been there before some years ago) I didn't think the pie was out of the ordinary, but I guess lots of people did judging by the number of people buying them to take home. When we finished lunch, we drove to Gooseberry State Park. The waterfalls were really flowing due to all the rain we've had this summer. Again, the scenery was really beautiful. Who knew we had such natural wonders in Minnesota! We arrived back at the cabin at 10:30 that night. We lounged around Sunday, and everyone left by 40.

The garden produced enough beans for DH and I to have fresh for supper last night. We had some frost in the wee hours this morning. I forgot to cover things in the garden. I haven't been out yet to see if any damage was done. More frost predicted early Wed. morning. Then we'll be warming up to the low 70's/high 60's. I have laundry to do today, and tonight will be "Taco Tuesday" for supper. I'm hoping to get into the sewing room and work on a couple of Christmas stockings for 2 of the GKs.

Wishing everyone a day that fulfills your needs.
        Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Taco Tuesday sounds kinda good to me too. I’ll be at my daughter this afternoon so I was planning on fish but tacos sound better to me.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Carlie you could always do fish tacos! Thats a go to for us with a side of shrimp. We eat tons of mexican food due to Daniels culture so we mix it up!

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Rachel, I love fish tacos, Dave does not. We splurge s tonight and got Taco Bell for supper. I tried their chicken power bowl. It was pretty good.

Good morning!

Today is going to be in the mid-80's with some sun. Such a difference from yesterday, the temps were much cooler and we had a lot of rain.

We did not get to see Mom yesterday; the facility canceled the porch visits and didn't tell us. I don't know if they were canceled because of the rain or the holiday. I have to call them today to see if we can visit her this week.

My sister and I weren't in the mood to go home, so I drove out to the Krispy Kreme. On the way there, an alarm started blaring through the speakers of my car. It startled both of us and took us a minute to figure out what was causing it. I saw "anonymous" on the display and realized it came from my phone. It was a weather alert with a flash flood warning.

I have been looking all over this morning for some paperwork I misplaced. Of course it is for Mom -- one item is a bill and the other is from her medical insurance. This happens every time I straighten up. If I had left everything were it was I would have been able to find it in less than a minute. I know I saved them and put them in a safe place. Now if I could just remember where that safe place is...

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I put things away to be safe all the time. Sometimes I think I need to write everything I do in a notebook, so I'll remember what I've done!

Good Morning all.

It's been interesting around here this morning. Pepper loves Gabby's food. So this morning I brought Gabby's breakfast into the living room by the handfuls. She'd eat that and I'd go get her some more. Pepper was scolded each time she tried to leave the kitchen until she finished her own breakfast. At least, I know Gabby got to eat. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about dinner tonight since Gabby and Pepper have 'wet' dinners.

Jim had to buy a truck on the way to VA. He found a Ford 3/4 ton diesel 4 miles from where the Silverado conked out. The transmission was fried. So their profits for the house, came in real handy! I'm so thankful, Nana and Nandy were with him. They entertained the kids and stayed with Jim until the transactions were completed. They made it to Morgan's hotel around 9. He dropped the camper at a friend's farm and they'll get it set up at the campground today.

I managed to get the blocks I'd half finished last week pressed finally. I think I'll sew the tops and bottoms together today. lol talk about getting side tracked, I started this post before 9, 5 phone calls later, cutting the batting for my trip to Dragonfly Long Arm, and finishing up my Bible Study questions for tomorrow, I made it back here.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning everyone,
          Its been busy times for everyone -- it has been challenging to get things done with the splint. The wound is healing well, and I am amazed at all I have been doing. Not so much today, since I get on laptop, its a lost day for me. Joy -- you asked last week, and YES I have a Klutz glove and NO I didn't use it.

Mom is 97 today, and my son & I will do an outdoor visit today. I will bring a flannel quilt again. Nothing else planned. Last Friday, I had a visit and it was freezing. They didn't put a coat on her. Thankfully I assumed the worst again and was prepared. They were in lockdown for 2 weeks due to 2 employees who tested positive. Its always on her unit, which is frustrating. As soon as lockdown was lifted, I booked 2 appts. She was pretty depressed Friday and crying. My visit cheered her up. Staff get tested today & tmrw, so I will wait for results before getting a test so I can go inside. JulieC -- Its frustrating they didnt call to let you know. What a scare -- my phone doesn't deliver alerts now on car or the phone.

I cleared most of the tomatoes, and pulled the beans, beets and veggie plants, so very little left to clean up there. I will take down curtains on our gazebo to wash, and will try to take it apart by the end of the week. We have been having fierce winds, and I don't want it to take off. We can still sit under the pergola, but the curtain rods gave under the wind yesterday so will have to be put up. I have canned some tomatoes and frozen vegetables. I am enjoying this cooler weather, but not enjoying that they keep getting the forecast wrong -- especially rain days.

Been sewing as much as possible - my de-stressor. I posted in other thread. Had to clean house, as DH's idea of vacuuming takes 20 mins. We have 2 cats that produce cat hairs. At least he does decent job of washing floors (all wood & ceramic).

All the GKs are starting school on-line today. They created a school just for K-8 in school board. DIL is a counsellor in HS, so she is hoping she doesn't get assigned a class with kids. My DD 's oldest is high risk, so all 3 grandparents are pitching in where needed. My duties are helping with household, and occasional watching of GKs. They withdrew the youngest from daycare. He went for 2 wks in August, with only 5 kids and 4 adults. He was sick by end of 2 wks. Since they are increasing # of kids, they are not taking chances.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Morning everyone. Spent much of yesterday taking care of things that have gone by the wayside. DVD case is put together, although we need another one for CDs. Thought we would have enough room, but I underestimated the number of CDs that would fit in the case.

Also got the yard mowed, but most important we got the shelves up in the sewing room and the design wall moved. I will have to do the cleanup work today to get the tools put back up and some minor details, like hanging the television on the wall. I personally don't like having a TV in there, because I think its a distraction, but I was outvoted. We have to use a digital antenna since we don't have cable, but I suggested we take the Roku box from the living room (since that TV is a smart TV) and put it on the one in the sewing room, that way we could watch YouTube videos right there instead of having to do it on the phone or computer. I also suggested we put the cutting mat on the deep freeze with double-sided tape, so we could put the Accuquilt Go Big permanently on the cutting table. The first picture I've attached shows my work area with the shelves up. I had hoped to get three 48-inch shelves up, but had to compromise with two and one 24. The second photos shows the design wall which is where the 24-inch shelves were. The quilt is part of Cheryl's Morningstar quilt. She has much more of it done, but had to take it off the wall so we could move it.

The design wall was originally next to my work area, and the pressing table and the desk hid about 1/3 of it, so you couldn't get full use out of it. This way it's much better placed, and we have more room to put future projects out on display. I like it.

Hope all have a great day. Joy, stay safe in the snow! I can't believe going from 101 temperature to a winter storm warning. Crazy!

Rob
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
              Mimi_Howard commented
              Editing a comment
              I just recently ordered another roku because I got tired of moving it back n forth between two tv's. Even though both are smart tv's the remotes for them are not as easy to make selections. Buttons too dang small on them!

Good morning, everyone. I had some free time this morning, a rarity for me, so I thought I'd spend it with all of YOU!

I am continuing to follow your good advice, unpacking just a bit here and there. I've decided to put much of my stash into storage until we build my sewing room. DH has reached out to three contractors—one of whom we've used before ... who is also not calling us back ... hmmm—to get bids. DH has done scale drawings of everything, worked in the lighting and outlets, and designed an extended front porch as part of this project. I really think that we've covered all the bases and won't have to have any change orders half way through. So maybe, just maybe, I'll have a sewing room within a couple of months. As a bona fide introvert, I really feel the need to have a spot in which I can "be alone," so that will be another advantage. I love my husband, but I need alone time, too!

Anyway, I'm going through my boxes one by one, putting things back into storage where I can, so that this quadrant of our manufactured home can be tidy. I'm not sewing, so why keep the clutter in around.

I'm also almost done with the newborn cowboy hat and booties for our new grandson. Just a bit of decoration here and there and they will be done. Of course, since the baby has been born, all my free time is spent with his two older sisters. Not a bad life!

Blessings to you all!
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you on being alone. Daniel and I usually have our own spaces. His office and my sewing room. I lost mine in this temp place...can't wait to get it back!!

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you ladies! I couldn't have imagined these past few months ( and 31 years) in self-isolation together without our own spaces! Thank goodness we have a big garden as well.
          Working...
          X