Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It sure got hot yest.! One of the hottest days of the entire summer. It was 105 at our house. The weather web site said 107. Denver broke a record at 101. It was the hottest day ever in Sept. I was just reading the Winter Storm Watch & forecast. We are in for such a change come Tues. Chance of 3-6" of snow here, & up to 12" in the foothills. There could be tree damage, since the trees still are all leafed out.

My morning yest. was spent in the kitchen making chicken soup. I took it easy the rest of the day. My gr. dau. (lives in TX) called yest. eve. & we had an hour's gab. She has 2 boys ages 6 & 3 who keep her busy. The younger one is a bit hyper & keeps her on her toes. You may remember she recently went back to IL to the funeral of a friend who died of C-19. Her test was negative. Very relieved to hear that.

I have no plans for today other than to watch church on YouTube. I hope to make it to the sewing room.

Good morning. Another beautiful one here. I am enjoying the coolness in the garden when I step out there in the early morning. We are only going to get up to around 80 today so it should be another pleasant day.

Yesterday we spent a good few hours out front working on weeding, trimming and cleaning up some of the flowerbeds. I am sore this morning for sure but happy it is done. There are things in the backyard that need tending to but I think will take a break from yard work today. I might do some yard sitting though. . Tomorrow we will see what we can get done out back.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning,

Yesterday was warm here but nothing like you got, Joy. We had storms overnight and a little over 1.3 inches of rain. Today is in the middle 60's right now and humidity has gone back up. We, too, are supposed to get much cooler weather come Tuesday but no snow around here that I'm aware of. Maybe Jeanne in northern Minnesota?

I took care of the tomatoes yesterday and came out with two 2-gallon freezer bags full of diced up tomatoes. I frozen one on a cookie sheet yesterday so it would be flat and will do the other one today. I will need to get back out in the garden again today to pick those that are ready.

I am down to the last 11 blocks left to piece together on the Irish Change. I should have them done today then cutting the batting next so I can get to the quilting of each block. I'm very thankful that this part has gone so quickly. I've never done QAYG so I don't know how much time it will take to do the quilting and then the joining. Am I being overly confident that I'll have all the blocks quilting by the end of the month? I hope not.

Nothing much planned today, church online and then I'll probably spend some more time in the sewing room.

Have a great day everyone!
      Carlie

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, Carlie!! No snow here.....yet.

Good morning!

It's going to be another beautiful day here -- high around 80 and sunny.

My sister in Texas thinks we should re-do Mom's kitchen before selling the house. I gave her a very firm no on that one. Then she said we should put recessed lighting in the main living area. I told her no on that one, too. It's very easy for her to say "do this" or "do that" when she's not the one who would have to hire the contractors and supervise the work. I would have to do that, and I hate dealing with contractors, I really do.

I didn't get as far on my Halloween quilt yesterday as I hoped, but that's ok. I will work on it some more today. My order from M* came yesterday and the fabric I was hoping to use for part of a baby quilt is not a good fit. I really miss our one LQS, they are mail order only until further notice. One of the owners caught Covid in June and had a rough time of it. The other owner is awesome with color, you could take a swatch with you and she would find the perfect coordinating fabric.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Julie,

Just a thought for your project. Could you mail a few swatches of the fabric you want to coordinate to the LQS? Perhaps they can still help and make a sale too.

Wow Joy, that is some heat! I never think of CO being hotter than it is here in TX. I did a few errands yesterday, and a lot of staring at the mess in my sewing room. Need to get that cleaned up so I can want to sew again. Today is lunch with a work friend. We'really going to meet half way, since we live 1.5 hours away from each other. Haven't seen her since February. Then this afternoon mm I have a get together with another set of friends.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        Yikes!! That is terrible heat Joy! And snow is coming these week?? Crazy weather! Stay cool...and then warm!

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, you have really had extreme heat this summer. I hope it mellows out for you and that you don’t get snow this early.

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I have no doubt the snow is coming -- just how much remains to be seen. The various weather models predict varying amounts from 2-12". Because it's been so hot, the snow will initially melt. Probably it just will build up on the grassy areas. Of concern are the trees, which still are fully leafed out. The earliest snow fall on record is Sept. 3.

Good Morning Everyone,

So far it’s a lovely morning but this afternoon it will be blazing hot. Jeff has been painting boards for his garage project since daybreak. He will soon get to the place that I have to be out there working with him.

We have a bumper crop of acorns falling from our oak trees this year. That means we are nearly covered up with squirrels and that means the Girls are in their hunting mode. What it amounts to is non-stop barking.

I think we will have BLTs for dinner today. I bought some good bacon yesterday and decided not to freeze it. We still have three garden tomatoes that are ready to eat.

I hope to be able to spend some time sewing today. The borders for the Irish Chain are calling my name. I sure have been slow finishing up this quilt.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb ~ BLTs sound good. When I make one for myself, I use just 1 slice of bread to save on the bread carbs. I have some tomatoes on hand. Hmm, maybe I'll treat myself, too. I eat only turkey bacon, which I buy from Whole Foods.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        I love BLTs! Last night we went to Southern Coast and I had a Crab Cake BLT. Delicious! They have a regular BLT, but for 2 bucks more I can get one of their bun sized crab cakes! It's a full meal without the sides.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        When I asked Dave what he would like for supper the pork loin or the BLT's he said he wanted the BLT's so that is what we will have. Joy, I do use the two pieces of bread and then usually twice the lettuce and tomato that Dave has. He likes more bacon, I'm fine with only a couple of pieces. I think, though, that I will try with only one slice of bread tonight and just load up the tomato and lettuce! I'll probably have to use a knife and fork to eat it but the taste is still the same.

Good morning,

Yesterday was a full day of running errands but thankfully everything is done. I have my machine back home and will try it today. They replaced a whole feed module, bobbin case, etc. It should be good again. That trip was to county south of me. Then a trip to another LQS to the county north of me for fabrics. The owner had them in the back as they were designated for a BOM that went wayside (due to virus). I got the last bit of one fabric but she has a bag of scraps saved for us if needed. I better move this one along to the finish line.

Today, I will iron and label each one with fabric number to keep them all straight. Hopefully, I can start the first few blocks of the pattern today.

Comment

Good morning!
        It has been a crazy around here the last week. Our school district was woefully unprepared for the start of school this fall. They did not prepare for fully remote, they don't have the supplies for the hybrid in-person model. As of Friday, we were still trying to settle the labor contract for the clerical union that supplies office managers, secretaries, librarians, health techs, and predictors for gen ed, special ed, and the behavior programs. Friday @ 5! We start school Tuesday. We still haven't seen the official letter from HR, which means 400 or so people have no idea they are expected to be at work Tuesday for a full day. Some think they are unemployed, others think the have lost half of their hours. Ugh.
        Not much sewing has been done at all this summer. It's a hot mess in there, and I have avoided it.
        I have some more canning to do. The garden is wrapping up with the summer produce. I stuck some more peas and lettuce in to see if I could get some fall veggies. The cat rearranged the seeds in the lettuce rows. Jerk!

Em is all signed up for high school. I'm not sure how that happened. She was just in Kindergarten, I swear!

The coffee pot has finished gurgling, so it's ready to dispense that magic bean juice. They day's not going to start itself.
        Have a good one!​​​
        Last edited by toggpine; September 6, 2020, 10:52 AM.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          It does seem like the kids are kids and then, bam, they're adults. I often wonder where the time went. My daughter is in a quandary because the bus company did not contact them about her 12 yo riding the bus this year. When she called they said she would have to be put on a waiting list. She cannot be trusted to walk the almost 2 miles to school. So, she called the school to change her to distance learned and they told her (my daughter's words) to take a flying leap. My thoughts were "what about the safety of the child?" She will be walking alone. Not a good situation in my eyes. She does have a friend she can walk with but only every other week. I'm praying that the bus company finds an opening soon for her.

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Our schools here had to delay opening by two weeks because a staff member came down with covid and everyone else had to quarantine. They are supposed to start on Monday. I think it’s a mistake because our covid rate is the worst it’s been right now.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope they figure it out. My daughter just started her senior year online. They aren't even considering opening the schools till Jan.

Morning.

Cheryl and I just got back from the grocery store. I figured on a Sunday morning the store wouldn't be that crowded, and by and large it wasn't, but I'll never understand why some people insist on not wearing a mask. That's all I'll say about that.

We won't have any 100+ degree days like Joy. Thank goodness! Sat out some sirloin steak last night from the freezer and bought some baking potatoes this morning. Can't wait.

Cheryl is having much better luck on her Morningstar quilt than she did when she first started. The fabric we bought was blue batiks, and she was having an issue figuring out which was the right side and right direction. Now that she's got that figured out, things are going much smoother.

I sent my sister a picture of my Comfort Quilt and now she's thinking that might be the design she wants for her bed quilt. I stayed up until 1 a.m. redesigning the GFG to accommodate the bigger hexagon size (after Cheryl realized she preferred doing 2 1/2 inch sides instead of 1 1/2. My sister texted me at 6:30 this morning (argh!) telling me she liked my quilt and thought she might want that for her bedspread instead. Customers!🤬😀😁 I've already priced it if she wants the Kansas Troubles fabric. If not, I imagine I have enough reproduction fabrics in my stash that I could do it without having to buy too much more. We'll wait and see.

I think I'm going to keep on with the Civil War theme for the next project. I saw a quilt in The Big Book of Civil War Quilts called Blue and Gray. The first picture is the inspiration photo and the second is my design, which I pretty much stayed true to, although I used cornerstones and a square border and didn't use as much scraps as they did. Plus, my design is 72x72. That will give me the opportunity to use up my Memories of the Civil War fabric. Probably won't start on it until tomorrow. At least start doing the cutting.

Have a great day all!

Rob
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          A Comfort quilt for your Sis would be a lot less work for you.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I'm the big ol' meanie. If they want a quilt. They can pick the fabric colors, that's about it. I pick the pattern, backgrounds, backing, and quilting designs if I have to have it long armed. I think I'm more persnickety about the details than most folks I make quilts for, anyway.

I agree with Joy, give her a deadline and no changes after that. It's too expensive to have to swap over and change things after you get started.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I just talked to her and she's agreed that she wants the Comfort pattern and I've given her the yardage requirements. She will look for fabric as will I (plus I will go through my reproduction stash), and we will decide what type it will be. Once we make the final choices, that will be it.

Rob

Good Afternoon,

Jim and crew are on the road. It's been a long day. Jim didn't sleep well, therefore, I didn't sleep well. I hate having my bedroom door shut, but I should have shut it.

Pepper is moaning. I think she knows they're gone. I dread tonight when we have to put her to bed. She'll be transported Saturday morning to Morgan's grandparents until her Aunt and Uncle can get moved to TN.

Jim wanted to go to early church to say his good byes. He forgot to bring his Sunday clothes. We had to get going earlier so he could change in the camper before we went to church. We stopped and had doughnuts for breakfast on the way to church. He did early church, rehearsal and church service. He had to bring me home to pick up all of their condiments for the camper. While we were in church, the campground called they have a monthly lot open up. So he jumped on that. They have to be there before sundown tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem.

Mike's having fun with inventory this week. He'll be at work until 3, so he'll be hungry when he comes home. Gabby will be hungry, Pepper ate her breakfast and was starting to eat the refill I'd left for Gabby. Trust me, her own bowl was full. I may have to move Gabby's food into my room. yuck!

Have a great day! Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
        X