Celebrate with me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrate with me!

I have had Type 1 diabetes for 43+ years and it has been that long since I lived a day like this. I went an entire day without a single needle entering into my body. About a year ago I started on a Contuous Glucose Monitor and then yesterday I started on an insulin pump. So now it is no finger sticks or multiple shots each day.
    Beth AKA No longer a pincushion.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Congratulations! No needles or finger pricks is indeed something to celebrate!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

That is wonderful, I can't imagine what type 1 diabetes go thru, I have 2 friends that are since pre teens, really glad for you!

Comment

Congratulations! There are 2 ladies at my church who also have the continuous monitoring & insulin pump. We had a previous pastor at a church we used to attend whose dau. was diagnosed with Type I when she was only 8 y.o. You must have managed well if you've been dealing with this for 43+ years.

Comment

Congratulations, what wonderful news, my sister has had diabetes for 6 years and it is so painful to see that she depends so much on those punctures

Comment

Congratulations on your new F R E E D O M !

Comment

Congratulations - what a difference that will make

Comment

Congratulations! It's nice that this will make your days easier for you.

Comment

Congratulations. My cousin's daughter has been on continuous monitoring and an insulin pump for years. I know you'll enjoy the freedom!
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Congratulations!! That is truly something worth celebrating. How freeing and less painful that must be.
                    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I'm so glad you found something that will improve your life, Beth. Congratulations!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                      X