Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning, Tuesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm here a few min. earlier; I woke up before the alarm went off. It was another cool night for sleeping. It's in the 50's. While it still was cool & dark, I went out & poured a jug of ammonia down the bee's hole by the garage door. I've sprayed numerous times with wasp killer, but to no effect. They made a nest in the crack of the concrete there. I got to thinking yest. that maybe pouring some ammonia down there might work. We'll see. I poured the ammonia into a dish pan for easy carrying, then held my breath. Hope it works.

I finally made it to the sewing room yest. The binding strips all are sewn together & rolled on to the cardboard tube. I worked more on a practice sandwich. I'm either going to have to get out the batting roll & cut off more batting, or see if I can find enough batting scraps to piece together before I can sandwich things.

Yest. was another nice cool day. The morning was chilly -- a hint of Fall. It barely made it up to 80 deg. In the eve. we had a rain shower.

Here we are in Sept.! How time flies. DS#2 & one step-son (DH's oldest) both have birthdays this next week. They are the same age, 52. I thought he might be born on Labor Day, but he came the day after.

Have a great quilty day!

Good Morning Joy and those who follow,

It's a nice morning here, so far. We'll have thunderstorms later, I'm sure.

Not sure what today will bring. Jim hasn't called. We took all of the kitchen stuff (other than the instapot) to the camper. He's planning on having the kids unpack the boxes and hand him stuff to put away. He's going to get a good dose of how it's going to feel with the 4 of them in there home schooling. He forgot to send the letter to Duval schools about home schooling Esther. That's one of the things he'll have to do today.

I'm planning to work on 4 patches today. I have the strips sewn and cut, just a matter of putting 200 of them together to make 100 four patches.

I need to update the Secret Santa today. We're on the downhill slide, 3 months until the mailing deadline.

Time to get started doing something productive. Have a great day. Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• MAMSAN
      MAMSAN commented
      Editing a comment
      I read your comment about 4 patches. I found a whole bag of flannel 4 patches the other day. Haven't found a pattern I like that uses them. What do you plan on using yours for?
      Blessings Kathy

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Kathy, I'm working on the sewquester quilt from Cozy Quilts. The B block is made up of 4- 4 patches. With a narrow sashing in between.

• MAMSAN
      MAMSAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the reply.

Good Morning, it’s pouring rain this morning. It’s going to be a long day if it continues like this.

I hope to put the last two sides of the border on my hourglass quilt and it will be ready to be quilted once I find a backing for it. I may have to visit the little fabric shop in town. I keep in touch with them but I haven’t gone there in months.

Joy, I hope the ammonia works for the bees. Insects of all kinds flourish around here. I had a quilt hanging by our front door recently and mud daubers built a nest behind it! I guess I will have to limit outdoor quilts to cold weather.

I’m off to eat some breakfast and begin the day.

Note: I got the last of the borders on the big quilt. I won’t be taking it to be quilted for a few weeks because my quilter is backed up with work. What a relief to have this done. This is also my last king size quilt.

Have a great day friends.

Last edited by Bubby; September 1, 2020, 12:24 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly, the ammonia did NOT work! Grrr. The bees still are going in & out that crack. I don't know what kind of bees they are -- definitely not honey bees. They're sort of charcoal gray color. Anyone have any ideas what to use to get rid of them. DH says just leave them alone. I don't want the painter to get stung when he paints the garage door.

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy, I’ve heard that bees in the ground are doing so because the soil is dry. Maybe soak the soil with water frequently and they might leave......just a thought.

Good morning!
    No idea what's on today's agenda. I suppose we'll do some grocery shopping. We've talked a few times about deciding in advance, for about a week, what we'll have for dinner each day. When I was cooking for 4 back in the day, I always made up a meal schedule on the calendar for a month at a time. Then I could have all but the perishables in stock and not have to decide each day what to cook when I got home from work. I want to do that for Mike and me now, but just for a week at a time.

Well, yesterday was a sad day. Floyd, our German shepherd, crossed the rainbow bridge. He was not doing well anymore so Mike felt it was time. Floyd was 13 years old, which is old for a purebred shepherd, blind, mostly deaf, and losing weight. The last few days it was harder for him to even stand up, let alone walk down or up the one step to go outside. Mike had been feeding Floyd with a fork because he was unable to pick up the food himself from his dish. Needless to say, Mike is feeling totally lost. We have a big void now in the house even though we still have another dog and two cats.

I started watching some of the videos for the Valley Blossoms quilt and for how to use Quiltster. I need to scan the fabrics that I will use and decide which ones go where on the quilt. Then I'll start cutting out some pieces while I wait for my favorite sewing machine to come back home. I am so used to using my Destiny that I really don't even want to use my little Janome anymore.

Have a great day, everyone!
    ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just reading Bonnie Hunter's blog. Her cat Emmy Lou was 20.5 y.o. & crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. Losing one's fur baby is always a sad time.

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      My heart goes out to you and your husband.....it’s never easy. Lots of love and hugs. Treasure all those sweet memories.

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw this post & wanted to tell you & Mike how sorry I am about losing your furbaby, Floyd. I know from experience that your head & heart are never in agreement when it comes time to make that heartbreaking decision. Only time will ease your hearts. Prayers to you all. Gina

Good morning!

It's going to be warm and muggy today -- high around 84. No rain in the forecast until tomorrow. I have my windows open for now.

Work went fine yesterday. The new policy made life easier at the door. Things were pretty quiet in our part of the building. The boss brought cookies for everyone -- individually packaged and sealed, of course. Our numbers are still down and we may be looking at additional budget cuts. The president of our company is having one of his virtual town halls this afternoon. I'm a little sorry I'm going to miss this one. They usually record his talks, so I can watch it later if needed.

Bunny has her follow-up with the vet this afternoon. We will see what she says, then I will have to make a decision. This has been a tough one. I have three options and I don't like any of them.

The yard guys showed up early this morning! I am glad I'm not in a meeting. They have showed up a few times while I was in meetings and it was hard to hear. They usually have one guy mowing the front while another mows the back, so there's no place I can go in the house to get away from the noise.

I'm looking forward to being back in the sewing room this weekend. I ordered some fabric last week. One order has already shipped and the other should ship soon. I may start on a new project.

Time for another cup of tea and some breakfast. I already logged in to work and I'm all caught up for now. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be keeping you in my thoughts this afternoon.

Good Morning all

It is cool and rainy this morning. I’ve been up since 5:30 and just got to my daughters. It has been raining, or rather sprinkling, most of the way here (about 59 miles). There were red skies this morning so that does not bode well for the day.

I was able to get some things done yesterday as my daughter only had a mild anesthetic for her surgery and she only needed someone there for about 4 hours and her hubby was home so off I went for a couple of errands and then home. I have the strips sewn and almost all of them are now cut. About a half hour more and I should be able to start piecing the blocks. I’m excited to see how this one comes out.

I will probably be here with my daughter until late afternoon. She needs to keep her hand elevated as much as possible today and tomorrow. Leftovers for supper tonight I think especially if we get more rain

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad to hear your daughters surgery went well.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Barb. She is actually doing quite well. Doing most of the stuff with the help of her 15 year old daughter. I’m very proud of the young lady. She is building great skills for when she has her own kids. Such patience at 15 to me is amazing. Jennifer thinks that she will only need me to come back on Thursday when Makayla will be at school. Works for me, I’m not used to getting up so early. 🤣

Good morning everyone,

It's cool this morning, only 51 degrees. It's funny to think a few months from now, 51 will feel like a heat wave! I'm sitting here covered with a lap blanket, in my flannel robe....it might be a long pants kind of day. The older I get, the more I feel the cold.

I didn't get much accomplished yesterday. I think my body wanted to rest after 3 days of standing on my feet for 8 hrs. I sewed one face mask, and that was it. I did pick tomatoes, and today I should pick beans. I'm starting to get tired of canning!

I hope you all have a good day. Jeanne

Comment

Morning all,

They have started the road work on my street. Yesterday they milled the blacktop off the road, a lot of heavy equipment and trucks going by the house. Our road was blocked off so no going out till they left at 3pm.

A run to BJ's after workers left. We have been starting a "prepper pantry" in case of a resurgance of the virus this fall and have been stocking up on items we use. There are still items that are in short supply here so best to be prepared.

Hard to believe it's September already, this year certainly has flown by. I'm looking forward to fall and all the colors of the season. I better get back in my sewing room and get busy because the holidays will be here before we know it

Coffee is calling my name so time to fire up the Keurig and get caffeinated! Wishing everyone a good day!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        We're doing the same. We call it our apocalypse stash. Rice, soup, egg noodles, beans. Just a few staples that were really hard to find when this started. Now the stores are overstocked here so I don't feel bad buying a couple extra.

Good morning. It has been a little cooler here. I am able to walk the pug 2 times a day. It is suppose to heat back up later in the week. I have not been sewing. I am trying to de clutter my craft closet and organize things. I have to get things out of bags and boxes to see what I have bought.
      I went to the store yesterday for a few groceries. I also wanted to stop and take one last look and a picture of a department store that is closing near us. It is part of the oldest department store in the country— lord &Taylor. Another causality of the virus. I am going to piece some more blocks today. I have a few more rows to make.

Beth

Comment

Your post made me chuckle this morning I have quite a few bags of purchases and have to refresh my memory of what's in them. Guess I need to do a little organizing too!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Recently did some reorganizing when I bought a storage dresser for the sewing room and was surprised by what I found hidden away! Some of it ..... not so good.

Good Morning...
        The cool days are most welcome here. I love autumn and hoping it will be a long beautiful one. I see some trees just being touched by the color change coming. It was a year for the bees, and it seemed every week we were finding a new place the bees had relocated to after Jack had destroyed their last nest. He buys that foam stuff, and it works very well. Planning on finishing the wall hangings of the bottled flowers today. I received the other panel from MSQC of lilacs in a clear bottle, that I hope to start hand stitching tonight or tomorrow. I know my dogs would love for me to have a couple cups of tea outside so they can run around more. They are happiest when someone is watching them do their patrols around the fence. I find rescue dogs love to be appreciated, they work real hard to show you how essential they are, lol.
        Have a really good day. 🙂

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Floyd but it does sound as if was time to relieve his pain.
          Our friend's surgery went well yesterday though they had to go easy on the anesthesia because of an underlying condition. He thinks he may get to go home today.😮 I think he needs to stay another day or so but I don't get to make those decisions.😊
          I had fun yesterday cutting out the pumpkin table runners [one for me, too] and started sewing together a few strips. It goes together somewhat like a log cabin. I haven't done any more fmq but might get back to that today after doing a little machine oiling.
          We take off on our Montana adventure tomorrow, so excited and with a little bit trepidation, flying right now is even more scary than usual. I am looking forward to cooler temps and lots less humidity, there might even be a few fall leaves.
          I called the quilt shop in the town we are visiting, they are open, yea! I have three tops that need backing and I really like to select that in person. There is another shop in one town we go through I hope to check out, too. I better call and see if they are open so to not waste a visit and avoid disappointment.
          I am hoping to see lots of nature's beauty and wild animals, goats, sheep, bear and moose, please.

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire ~ I hope you have a wonderful trip & vacation. Stay safe. Take pictures! I visited Glacier Park only once, but it was breath taking.

Good Morning to All. I had to cut my outting adventure short yesterday, had to be home for the cleaning crew to survey dads place. They will be cleaning it for getting better pictures by the realtor for selling. My son is my ring leader now and I am enjoying NOT having to deal with so much. But I am still ring leader for Tenn stuff. But I do have cousins there that have been such a blessing with all their help.

At the grocery store I let a couple go in front of me, they only had like 5 items and my cart was full (2 weeks worth of stuff), they asked twice if I was sure... I said I am retired and I am in no hurry, this is my adventure! Well as they were checking out they tossed a tiny blue and a pink holder of hand sanitizer on the belt, I thought ahhh his and her sanitizers. Nope.. it was a theirs and mine. Yep they bought the pink one for me. How sweet is that, a thank you sanitizer for letting them ahead of me!

Going to sew couple of masks for one of my daughters BFFs from high school and then maybe, just maybe, tackle recaulking a small closet size shower. Gotta wait and see how the weather is for the shower job.

Hope all have a good day and please stay safe!

Comment

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the grocery line story. It is the kindness of strangers that makes our day better.

It's nice to hear that you are getting some help with all the tasks.

Good morning,

Still hot here with a 90 degree day in store. Humidity is at 67% so it's a sauna outside. I really have to go in to my office today. I never made it yesterday as the day got away from me. Best intentions though.

I do need to stop at the LQS to try my machine. It was in for a check-up and of course sews perfect for them. Lucky that I had video to show them the issue. I re-arranged some sewing bins yesterday and then moved everything back to the original bin. Yikes! All I accomplished was a mess that had to be cleaned up.

Hope your day is filled with happy stitching!

Comment

Late start to the morning. This morning I woke up about 5:30 not feeling well. No fever, no coughs, no shortness of breath, so I figured it must be my blood sugar. Felt really nauseous, but eventually that subsided. Took a couple of glucose tablets and about 20 minutes later was feeling much better. Went back to sleep and woke up about 10 a.m., so I'm about two hours behind.

I ended up ordering very cheap fabric to finish the Crossroads quilt border and backing. The fabric I had planned to use was too good for it, so I ended up ordering from Marshall Dry Goods their $7.99 backing and $3.99 fabric. Today I'm working on the next four blocks from the Regiments on Parade quilt, which I have to say is turning out much better than I anticipated.

Cheryl started last night on the third of three quilts that will be gifted to my Lincoln buddies. This one is for a couple who live in Paducah and whom we visit when we go to QuiltWeek (and visit Hancock's of Paducah). They are a super-nice couple. I met him on a Lincoln forum I go to and we all met when a group of us traveled to Springfield to commune with Father Abraham. I designed the quilt in EQ8 using a couple of Kentucky-themed blocks. I call it Kentucky Sampler. The block in the upper left corner is called Kentucky Star and the block to the right is called Kentucky Crossroads. The border is trimmed out with Dogwood fabric, given that Paducah is known for its Dogwood trees. The backing will be this fabric with a dogwood and cardinal. I think it will look nice.

Have a great day all!

Rob
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the cardinals fabric.

• CarlieBlilie
              CarlieBlilie commented
              Editing a comment
              Ooh, cardinals! My favorite bird. Live that fabric.

• Rhonda K
              Rhonda K commented
              Editing a comment
              Next in line to say the cardinal fabric is fabulous. Nice quilt design too.
          Working...
          X