Update On Pam & The Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update On Pam & The Hurricane

I was so happy to get a call a little while ago from Pam (pcbatiks)...it was great hearing her voice. She asked me to let everyone on the forum know that they are okay and to thank everyone for their prayers and good thoughts.

Pam and her husband and puppy are at their home. They have no electricity but they do have water. Her husband Gordon was hooking up a generator to help with the heat and humidity in the house. Their house had no apparent damage to the interior but about 90% of the trees in their yard are down. She says it looks awful. Pam isn’t sure how long they can stay at the house without electricity.

Pam’s parents’ house didn’t fare very well at all. Trees came down and crashed through the roof in multiple places and all of their upholstered furniture is ruined. What could be salvaged was moved to their shed that wasn’t damaged.

Lets continue to remember Pam and Gordon and also Pam’s parents. They may have a long wait before things get back to normal.

I will update you when Pam updates me again....Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; August 31, 2020, 06:10 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Thanks for the update.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Thanks Barb! Oh I hope they are able to get her parents settled. Prayers that's awful from one to the next you just don't know about mother nature!

Rachel

Comment

Glad to get this update, Barb. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Keeping all in that area in my prayers.
          Carlie

Comment

Thanks for the update, I'll add to my prayer list.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Thank you for the update. Prayers for her and family as they navigate the coming days.

Comment

What good news about Pam and that everyone is well although I am sorry about their parents´house I will continue to pray for all of them

Comment

Glad to hear the update Barb and that their home was safe. I will keep them all in thought. How sad about her parents home.
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thank you for the update. It is good to know they and their parents are okay. So sorry to hear they have much cleanup and damages to deal with. Will add to my prayers.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

So sorry for her parents. There are so many things in a house that are upholstered that will have to be disposed of if they can't be laundered (think also rugs & mattresses.) As for living for a long time with a generator - it can be done & can be quite comfortable. But taking showers if the hot water heater is electric can be uncomfortable.

Prayers continue that they will get through this stressful situation. Thankful that all are safe! And thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

Am sorry to hear of the destruction. praying for a speedy repair, even a rebuild for parents home.
                        If I had a hammer

Comment

Thank you so much for the update on Pam. So very, very sorry that her parents are having to deal with so much destruction. I will continue to pray for all of them during this clean up & reconstruction time.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Barb. I will continue praying for Pam & her extended family. Makes you count even the tiniest blessing each of us have. Gina

Comment

Working...
                            X