Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday Morning

Good Morning All,

I figured someone would have started this thread, but I didn't see one.

Here we go, the last of August. September is just about here!

Yesterday, I went to church. Jim's next to the last Sunday. It's bitter sweet. Next week he wants to go to both services to see everyone. I'm not sure about that!

He's said he wanted me to help with the final patching today. They bracketed the book cases to the walls. It's the last of the big furniture to take out. The kids are spending the nights at Nana and Nandy's on Wednesday and Thursday. They'll all be at Grammy and Daedo's on Friday through Sunday.

I worked on the sewquester quilt yesterday. I finished the quadrants for the A blocks yesterday. Then stitched the strips together for the 4 patches. They're all cut and ready to put together. Once those pieces are done, I think I'm going to switch to my little Brother. We'll see how my Husky is behaving.

Time to get ready. Not sure when Jim's going to call for work.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers for those in need and prayer of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Katrina ~ We were posting at the same time. 😀

Comment

Good morning!
      It's chilly this morning. It feels like fall already. We're supposed to get a little rain later today. We hardly had any rain all summer long and now we're making up for it. Mike went to the cemetery a couple days ago, on his late wife's birthday. Because of flooded roads everywhere it took him 2 1/2 hours to get home--- only 25 miles away!

We went for a nice ride yesterday. We started off just driving with nowhere in particular to go and ended up at the Flight 93 Memorial. It was the 4th time that I've been there. Each time, something new has been added. It's a very serene, beautiful place. There's a lot of symbolism in the structures, the walkways, and even the materials used. It was really crowded there. I've never seen that many people there at once. Even on the 4th time there, I got tears in my eyes. Forty people gave up their lives, not even knowing where the plane was headed.

I haven't heard yet from the quilt shop that has my Babylock for a cleaning. I hope it's ready soon. I would love to get started on my Valley Blossoms quilt. I suppose I could start cutting the pieces. I want to use the Quiltster program to audition fabrics. I have to figure out how to do that. My plan is to watch the videos and go step by step through those. It's a bit scary!

Have a happy day!

~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Rhonda K
        Rhonda K commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you get your machine back soon. I'm sure you miss it.
    Working...
    X