Hurricane Update from pcbatiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Update from pcbatiks

Hi forum friends, I got on the forum this evening to let y’all know how we were and saw that a thread had been started for us. That means a lot to me so thank you all.

We are safe and at a cousins house in Crowley right now. We were near Alexandria during the storm in central Louisiana. The most important thing is that all of our family is safe....our son & his GF, my parents and other relatives I’ve heard from...all safe.

We haven’t been home yet, but plan to go tomorrow. We were told by our neighbor that our house did NOT have any trees on it and the house appeared to be ok. We are unbelievably thankful for that but were very surprised by that news. We have been told by everyone who has seen the area, that it looks like a war zone. We live in the area that took a direct hit from the storm.

My parents house has significant damage. They were able to go check on their house today, thankfully my aunt and uncle were with them for moral support. They had 2 trees fall on it, a big limb through the kitchen ceiling and half the living room ceiling fell in. I would very much appreciate your prayers for them. My mom just hurt her knee last week and my dad has some health issues. They have always been the type to jump in and work hard to help others so I know this will be hard for them for several reasons. There will be several family members including us that will go and help them move things from their house into my dad’s shop to avoid further damage.

I have seen some video and pictures from the area but have not looked at any this vening before bedtime. The amount of destruction is unbelievable and stomach churning. We were almost 2 hours north of Lake Charles when the storm came through and it was a category 2 when it was west of where we stayed. My sister in laws house where we stayed was not damaged but a lot of trees fell all around the yard. It was scary even that far inland. Almost every neighbor around them had cars or campers with trees on them.

Our sons thinks his apartment is ok but not sure yet. Even if his place is okay they can’t stay there right now. I don’t think Lake Charles will have water for about 4 weeks. If we have water we can stay in our home after we get a generator to cool the house and provide power for the frig.

i feel like I am rambling, but it seems to be clearing my head to type this out. Please pray for my parents, our son & GF, and everyone in the area. They will very appreciate your prayers.

Thank you all for the support and prayers. I will try to post pictures soon.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

I can tell you I've been through multiple hurricanes here on the North Carolina coast and completely understand the emotional experience it can be. Family is so important and I'm glad that everyone decided to be safe and evacuate. The follow-up videos of the destruction I've seen are heart wrenching. So much to deal with ... hope everyone gets the support they need for the cleanup, repair & restoration, and, most of all, from the insurance company.

Special prayers for your mom & dad. Hard dealing with some things when one is older but, then again, as we age we do get more resilient. Hope your son & his GF find things intact and hope you can easily find a generator.

Keep us updated on everyone's status. Vent here whenever you need to - it really does help. The hurricane is over but the emotional roller coaster will continue for a while.

Comment

I can't imagine the despair you're having, been to Crowley many times and most all of Louisiana while driving the semi delivering oil, groceries etc. I pray for all of you, it's not easy loosing what you've worked hard for, but as said before, you're safe. God will give you strength to overcome this. Best wishes to you all
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Prayers!! I lived at Fort Polk in Leesville for a few years so I know exactly the area you are referring to. Please stay safe. I hope your parents are able to fix their repairs. Mother nature is a beast. Drive safe and I hope all will be a fast recovery!

Comment

Pam, I’m so glad you checked in and most of all that you and your family are safe. Is Buddy okay? The storm was devastating and the aftermath will take a long time to resolve. The pictures on the news were terrible. We will keep praying for your family (especially your parents) and you and your town and everyone affected by Laura. The virus adds a whole dimension to the devastation, especially in crowded shelters. Stay safe and keep the faith. Please keep in touch when you can.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• pcbatiks
            pcbatiks commented
            Editing a comment
            Our new puppy Buddy is doing well. We’ve had him 2 weeks today..... I think. We we concerned he would be stressed being in different homes but he seems to be very easy going. Family members have been spoiling him with belly rubs and snuggles.

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            It sounds like Buddy has been therapeutic for your family and vice versa.

Pam, I'm glad to hear you weathered the hurricane without injury to you and your family. So sorry for the damage to your parents' home. Prayers for all of you.

Comment

Pam, so happy to hear all of your family are safe. I'm glad Buddy adjusted well to it all too. Please be safe as you help your parents with their home and as you go back home. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Pam, I am happy to hear you and your family are safe. Prayers for all of you in the aftermath of the storm and strength for all of you to get through this very difficult time.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Pam, another prayer sent your way. This was a huge hit and I am hoping that the inside of your home is salvageable . I know insurance can be slow coming but just hang in there. Let us know if your forum friends need to rally to help you.
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Pam ~ Thanks for checking in with us & updating us. So thankful you & family are safe & okay. It must feel devastating for your parents to have their house damaged. Continued prayers for you all.

Comment

Glad to hear from you, sending many many thoughts and prayers your way and to your parents.

Comment

Glad to hear you and your family got through this without injury. Prayers for strength and resilience to rebuild your properties.

Comment

Glad to know that you and your family are safe. Prayers and caring thoughts as you deal with the clean-up and re-building. Hugs.

Comment

Hurricanes are horrible, but you and yours are safe. Lifting prayers for comfort and peace as your family picks up the pieces. Special prayers for your parents for good health, healing touches and comfort.
                          Katrina
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm adding my prayers as well for you and yours. What a nice little stress reliever you have in Buddy, too. My daughter's Herkimer loves his belly rubs.
                            Carlie

Comment

Working...
                            X