Friday Greetings! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'll get us started here on this Friday morning. After another 100 deg. day yest., it's supposed to be in the 80's today with temps. trending a bit cooler. It will be a relief.

My dental appt. went okay yest. I need 2 fillings. No appt. avail. till Oct. After the dentist, I made stops at Vit. Cot. & my reg. groc. store. The frig. is full again. I bought another Rocky Ford cantaloupe; they are so good this time of year, & Rocky Ford's are the best, IMO.

I watched most of the RNC last evening. The fireworks after Pres. Trump's speech were fabulous.

I'll be back later to post more quilt pics. It's time for DH's breakfast & I need to get his spelt bread going in the bread machine.

Good morning Joy and everyone else,

I'm headed to work today - Sunday. I expect I'll be pretty tired out by Sunday night. Probably no sewing will get done.

Yesterday I got all the tomatoes canned. Such a messy job! I ended up with seven pints. I was pretty "down" in the afternoon after talking to the Minneapolis vet concerning Sadie and the mast cell tumor on her lip. They said it would cost between $4000 and $6000 to get it removed and her lip reconstructed. No way can we afford that! I guess I can understand that it's the same process as operating on a human. But I feel I'm letting Sadie down.

I better get in the shower and get ready for work.
    Jeanne

Comment

• geegeequilts
      geegeequilts commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeanne, my heart breaks for you & Sadie. We lost my sweet little Maggie June last year. The decision is so hard to know what to do. Sending prayers to you & your Sadie. Gina

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m so sorry to hear this, Jeanne. I’m praying for all of you.
      Hugs....

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the kind thoughts. A coworker suggested I go to her vet to get a second opinion. I think I'll look into that. So far, Sadie seems happy with a good appetite. If the second opinion is the same as our vet, we'll let nature take its course, and hopefully, we'll know when it's time to let her go.

Yay it's Friday. I don't know why I say that....every day here is the same. But to those that don't work the weekend...Happy Friday.

It's been a wonderful week for me. My meds got adjusted last week, and the changes are positive. We've been out and about every day due to appointments just being due at this time of the year. I've been able to spend hours every day working on my latest quilt and it's coming together well. The main top is complete and right now its 80 x 90, so I'm debating borders. I have plenty of fabric left over so I think I'm going to try a pieced backing.

Funny point of the week: Wednesday when I went to bed I noticed that the cast on my foot was crunchy and just didn't feel right. When I looked at the bottom, a "U" shaped portion had broken away and was just flopping around. Well that wasn't good. So yesterday I was able to contact the doctor and they were able to work me in. They cut off the red cast and put on a new bright shiny navy blue cast. It's much heavier and bigger than the first......I don't think I'll be able to walk through this one. The doctor is hoping it slows me down a bit.

Today we're going to visit a quilt shop about an hour's drive away, and while we're out we'll grab lunch at Wegman's. I purchased a quilt kit at this shop called Dragons (Jason Yenter), and I've gone through the directions and have questions that need to be answered before I start cutting. Hubby told me he'll buy me whatever I want while at the shop. It will be a rainy trip, but so worth it.

Hope you all have a great day and a good weekend.
    Barbara

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that fabric line...Dragons. I keep looking at the blue colorway. It's on my list when the man says yes you can spend on extra! It's a want not need.

Good morning all. Nice, sunny morning here today. We did get a bit of rain late yesterday evening which we needed for sure.

When my son Rob heard we were without internet yesterday, he sent me a message telling me that I could set up my cell phone as a hot spot. He said that is what he did for the week they were without internet after the storm. So I tried it and woohoo, I got it to work so that we could use our laptops, etc. Another new thing learned.

I had a nice visit with Ceil for lunch yesterday. It's great being able to catch up with her each week. We really did miss that for the few months we couldn't get together. I also harvested our beets yesterday. It was our first year trying them and we are pleased with them. We will do more next year.

Today I have some things to do on the computer. I saw some Batman embroidery designs online that I want to download to use in Henry's quilt and also a cute saying I saw that would be perfect to use on a small tote for Ceil. We also watched the RNC last night. Loved the fireworks. Didn't get to see any on the 4th of July so they were a treat.

Have a good Friday everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; August 28, 2020, 07:48 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      Just make sure that your cell company doesn't charge you extra for usng your phone as a hot spot. Some do, and it can get expensive.

Good Morning All,

It was a long night. Not sure why but this old brain wouldn't cut off.

The Snyder Man is here (heating/air) for the fall cleaning, which seems mighty early! I'll see how much that costs me soon.

Yesterday, Jim brought over some stuff for bulk garbage. Seeing as it wasn't picked up last week and not this week either, the pile is getting bigger. The neighbors pulled out a love seat and sofa and fence panels, across the street is a king sized mattress. Nobody seems to get it downtown even filling out their missed pickup tickets. I'll fill out another one today.

We went to Ikea yesterday, didn't have a whole lot of luck with what Jim was looking for. We did find the wire and clips that he's going to use with the kids curtains. We stopped at Hobby Lobby and the kids all chose fabric for their bunk curtains. Naturally, I burned my fingers a couple of times turning and pressing the hems, but they're all done. Jonathan picked the John Deere fabric. It was the most expensive and worst to work with. Zeke picked dinosaurs. Esther picked puppies in tutus. I still think they're all too long, but if they have to be shortened, it won't be a big deal to turn up the bottom.

I started sorting out the corner pieces for block A sewquester last night. I think I'll do them in sets of 16 to make myself take breaks. I do love the fabrics the more I work with them. I bought 2 jelly rolls and the king sized quilt only takes 1, so I'll have enough to do something else with the remaining set. I'm using Floral Serenade with Navy for the background and pink for the contrasting tiny squares. I'm excited to be working on something.

Joy, you've had hotter temperatures this summer than we've had. We've had several feels like days above 100 but only a couple actually above 100. Thank goodness for sea breezes here. It was really nice when I took Gabby out this morning. I'm looking forward to mornings out on the porch in my swing.

I do hope those in Laura's path will be safe and secure. It's hurricane season for sure! Time to go back through the hurricane notebook and see what updates I need to make.

Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings. Have a wonderful day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      I was really pleased with the sewqueser one I did, a new favorite pattern.

Morning all,
    Looks to be a nice sunny day. Last night we had a severe thunderstorm roll through, winds, heavy rain, and hail that was hitting the house but no damage thankfully. As quick as it rolled in it went out lasted about 30 minutes. The upside is the gardens will not need watering today.

Our driveway has been completed as of this morning with the replacement of the Belgium blocks, must say it does look nice and they did a good job. Now the milling and repaving of our street will begin next week. The road will probably be closed at times so we will have to see when we will be able to get out. They expect the work to be finished by Sept. 4-6.

We picked our first acorn squash yesterday, we've never grown them before so we didn't know what to expect. Looks like there will be quite a few of them. I love them, hubby not so much he is already collecting names of people who he can give them to so he won't have to eat so many.LOL!

Well, time for me to get a move on and get the daily chores going. Wishing everyone a good day and weekend!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you need more recipes..delish.com has tons. We've tried a few and they are really good. New recipe might peek his taste buds.

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      I love acorn squash, too. I usually just cut them in half, remove the seeds and place upside down on a foil lined sheet pan. I don't add any seasoning. Bake until tender. I then put in little containers and freeze. My grandson Christopher is the only one that loves it besides me so I usually freeze all of it.

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I bake them with butter, a little brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Yum.....

Good morning!

We have rain to the start the day. It will be a wet couple of days, if the weather is right we will dry out on Sunday. Temps are still warm today, in the mid 80's.

I had a good meeting yesterday afternoon and we figured out the issues left behind by the gal who was laid off. I made corrections in the system and double-checked them this morning. I think we are good to go. I haven't had a lot of interaction with the co-worker I met with, we had a nice chat about caring for parents with Alzheimer's (her father still lives with her).

I have an electrician coming out to Mom's house next week to give us an estimate on some work that needs to be done. It isn't any one big thing, it's a bunch of little things -- fix/replace an outlet in the kitchen; get rid of the chandelier in the dining area (oh so fancy when we moved in); fix the lights in the downstairs rec room, etc. My sister gave me a list.

Time for some breakfast and to get back to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning!

Ive already been out and about this morning getting groceries since I won't be able to do that on Monday. We had a little rain overnight, about .30. May get more but is sunny right now.

I was was able to get two panels quilted yesterday. I need to get the binding seen on the second one. I will take these with me when I go to Jennifer's this next week for something to keep me occupied when the kids are napping. I would like to get several more done before Monday

I will probably do a little housework this morning and then I'll spend the rest of the day in the sewing room. Hope everyone has a great day.
      Carlie

Comment

Good morning! I have the late shift today so I'm up and moving. I don't start for another 45 mins. Yesterday was Daniel's birthday and it was a success!! I go all out for him as he's one of those it's just another day. His kids never do anything for him so I make about him and we had a fabulous time. My 1u year old made the cake..she really outdid herself...she loves baking! 20200827_202813.jpg20200827_205304.jpg

Ready for Friday and end of month at work!! I have a lot of sewing to do this weekend. I'm going to work on secert santa and ufo's.

I mailed packages out this week, I went late to the self service and surprise it was very busy! I'm happy I got packages out. To my dad, my son and a forum member.

Getting ready for a productive Friday!! I'm sure I have 50 emails waiting. I love my career and the company I work for. I'm very blessed. Have a wonderful day.

Rachel

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          You really went all out. I’m sure he was thrilled with all the goodies! You are very creative.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Bubby!!

That cake looks delicious, as does the candy bar tree. Darn diabetes!😕

Have you ever noticed that the weeks you think you don't need too many groceries are the ones that are most expensive? I woke up about 3:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep, so I got on the computer to start the weekend grocery list. I figured around $50 or so, but as of right now it's double that. Plus, Cheryl will stop by another store near where she works to pick up some things we can't get at the other place.

My brother and sister-in-law came over last night to pick up a bachelor's chest that had belonged to my mother. We are in the process of downsizing our living room furniture and as much as I love the chest (Mom bought it when I was still in high school so it's at least 40 years old),, we needed to get rid of it. I didn't want to sell it but many of my nieces and nephews didn't have the room for it. However, one niece said she wanted it, so it will stay in the family.

Cheryl got the Ohio Star quilt done. Attached is a photo of it. Ignore the crease at the bottom. We don't have any good place to hang one to take a photo of, so I put it on the floor. Also, ignore my tennis shoes.

Realized I ran out of sashing fabric for my Crossroads quilt. Luckily I remembered the name and where I got it, so I was able to order some more. I have enough to finish one more block and I should get the order Monday, so I hope to have it pieced sometime early next week.

Have a great day and nice weekend all.

Rob
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          The Ohio Star block was one of the ones I learned in my first beginning quilting class sampler.

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the colors on the Ohio Star.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to take the credit for the color. Cheryl did everything else. She used the Accuquilt Ohio Star cutter.

Rob
      Working...
      X