I am not a gossiper but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a gossiper but...

I have been noticing lately that Jenny no longer wear her wedding bands......is there trouble in paradise??? I feel she is like family since I have been following her tutorials over and over for 5 years. I also purchased a lot of things from MSQC. Maybe there is nothing to it but I love you Jenny and hope that you are happy.
    Sew sew sew.
    So? So? So?

Jenny recently had some surgery on her L. hand & arm. I'm sure she had to remove her rings for that. Plus she had bruises & swelling after the surgery. I feel certain all is well. She made mention of the surgery in a recent tutorial. One can see the bruising in that.

See the Triple Play tutorial, 3 Circle Magic Projects, posted on the Blog on July 16, 2020. Jenny mentioned her surgery.
    Last edited by JCY; August 24, 2020, 03:27 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

Truthfully since Covid I rarely wear my rings. I always take my rings off when I wash my hands. With increased, meticulous washing it is just easier to leave them off.

Comment

To be honest, I haven't worn a wedding band for 15 of the 24 years Cheryl and I have been married. My band broke and I never got it replaced. In all those 15 years no one has ever "made a move" on me. Not that I've ever been much of a ladies man, but that's how I could tell I was growing old, when I discovered I was invisible to younger women, or when they called me "sir."😒

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• nativetexan
          nativetexan commented
          Editing a comment
          HA! long ago, the first time a store clerk called me Ma am. That one got me. i kept looking around for someone else!

• quiltsRfun
          quiltsRfun commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t like when they call me “young lady.” Kind of an insult if you ask me.

I took my ring off at the end of March because of all the hand washing. When I have to get tidied up to work back in the office, I’ll see if it still fits!

Comment

I was married 30 yrs and never wore mine. I worked in bakeries and my hands were always in something. I just never thought to put it on after work. Dh never had one, wouldn't wear jewelry.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Dave has only worn his a few times. With his job it wasn't safe to wear it, he was a diesel mechanic. Now I don't think it fits him anymore.
            Carlie

Comment

Both of us only wear our rings when we are going out which has been very limited lately. Al only wears his when we dress up which is even more rare.

Comment

DH lost his about 30 years ago while working. We replaced it, but he wouldn't wear the new one (except for special occasions) because he was afraid he would lose that one too. About 9 years ago, we took up the hobby of Metal Detecting, after finding so many wedding bands in parks, beaches, and ball fields, I stopped wearing mine too (except special occasions too).

Comment

When we were in Hawaii for our 25th anniversary (crikey.....20 years ago!!), we climbed to the top of Diamond Head and exchanged new bands. They are Hawaiian heirloom gold, quite heavy, and engraved with our names. Mine has his name in Hawaiian, Lokela, and his has mine, Paka. Both of us wear them each and everyday. I sometimes take mine off if I'm having skin problems, but that is not very often.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                    SallyO'Sews commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, Pat, that is the sweetest thing ever! I love it.

DH has been medically retired since 1991, but when he worked, he did not wear his wedding ring due to safety concerns. He worked around a lot of high voltage manufacturing equipment & didn't want to get electrocuted. I've had to get my rings re-sized more than once due to weight loss or gain. The recent re-sizing was because I no longer could get my ring over my knuckle, which has become enlarged over the years due to arthritis. I take my rings off when I bake bread; I don't want to get dough stuck in them.

Comment

When we decided to get married, DH said he would buy me an engagement ring only if I promised to wear it. I do take my rings off if I'm doing something that could damage them, but pretty much wear them all the time. Last winter, DH came to me in a panic because his wedding ring was gone. While he was tearing the house apart looking for it, I called the places he had been that day. It had fallen off at the grocery store and a customer found it and turned it in. Can't believe we got it back! It has now been re-sized.

Comment

I have not taken my wedding band off since the day DH put it on my finger. The engagement ring is seldom worn because it is diamond and opal. I do wear it on special occasions. The only time DH had his off was when he shattered his wrist and the surgeon had to remove it because of the swelling of his fingers. After the surgery and swelling went away he put it back on and has not had it off again...that was almost 20 years ago. I've had a few surgeries and they always want me to remove the ring because I might lose my finger to get the ring off. I always tell them if that is the case, the loss of a finger would be the least of my problems. LOL
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

DH couldn't afford an engagement ring and after we got married and the kids came along it wasn't a priority. I finally got it on our 15th anniversary. Since I had waited so long, I never took it off. A couple of years ago, I looked down at my hand one day and to my horror, the diamond had fallen out of it's setting. We tore the house apart and searched for days, but no stone. I gave up and resigned myself that it had gone back to the earth.
                        About 6 months later, I was replacing a kleenex box into a lined basket we kept in the bathroom and noticed something in there was sparkling. Lo and behold, it was my diamond. A prong must have gotten caught in the towel as I was drying my hands. I've yet to have it re-set, and once I do, probably won't wear it everyday.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                          SallyO'Sews commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Something similar happened to me. When I turned 60, my family threw me a surprise party complete with a vow renewal ceremony, at which my DH presented me with a pearl "engagement" ring (we had been married for 36 years at the time). I wore it daily for four years, and one evening on my way home, I realized the pearl had come off. We took the ring to the jeweler and had the pearl replaced, but now I don't wear it all the time, and make sure I never wear it to bed. My wedding band will never come off unless someone cuts it; my finger - along with the rest of me - is quite a bit bigger now than 41 years ago!

We took ours off when we opened the restaurant as we felt the danger existed in that hot kitchen. Also left the watch off and now, many years have passed and they are still stowed in the safe, safe and sound to gather memories. We don't need them to remind us that we are married.
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

Working...
                        X