Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning All,

It was a beautiful day, a nice shower, a couple to thunder booms that made Gabby jump up and bark. More rainy-ness is on the way for today.

Jim is coming over to build the swing frame for the porch swing Howard bought for me. I don't know how big or what he's planning. We'll see, right?

I posted about the VTech wall hanging. I have an appointment to get it to the long arm after Labor Day. It's in the bag with the backing, ready to go.

Not sure what else will be happening today, but they're on the way over now. So, I guess I'd better get ready!

Have a great day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

I had a feeling we both might be posting at the same time! LOL

Comment

Good morning!

It's nice to see the forum is up & working. It was very slow a couple of hours ago and I was booted out of the system.

Today will be a lovely day in low 70's. I am going over to my sister's for lunch. I'm ordering takeout from Bob Evans and picking it up. I haven't been to a Bob Evans in months...definitely before the pandemic. It was my Mom's favorite restaurant. I used to order takeout from there regularly for our family dinner nights, before we moved her to the memory care facility.

We had a good visit with Mom yesterday. When we got there, she knew who both my sister and I were. That is rare! She was in good spirits and chatty. I should ask my Texas sister if she wants to FaceTime with us when we visit next week. Mom doesn't understand FaceTime, so she doesn't interact with our sister, but I think it is good for our sister to see how Mom is doing.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Morning all,

We had a great weekend at our daughter's house. We have not traveled anywhere in such a long time due to the virus. Have everything unpacked, laundry done, and put away. Miss them already.

​​​​​​​Last night we had a heavy rain so no watering of the garden will be needed today. My husband has started cleaning out some of the spent plants and putting in some cool weather veggies. We'll see how there fare, first time doing that.

I ordered a bunch of new machine embroidery designs by Kimberbell from my local quilt shop and will pick them up Thursday, excited to look through them Always looking for new projects that are cute, not time consuming, and what I think may be a good seller as a craft fair item. Not optimistic about a craft fair this year but will continue to make things and put them away for when they can be held again

Well, I better get a move on I have a beauty parlor appointment for a haircut today, and then a friend is stopping by to pick up some tomatoes and is bringing me a Bernina embroidery machine she was given from someone who passed away she has a few embroidery machines and doesn't want another one. So I'll take it since it works well and see if either my daughter or granddaughter is interested in it. I have two embroidery machines and two sewing machines set up in my sewing room and don't have room for more to be out on a daily basis.

​​​​​​​Wishing everyone a good day!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love kimberbell designs. I have a bernina embrodery machine. I'm ready to really learn how to use it. My bf is tech savvy and were going to hook it to a laptop. Are the kimberbell use to use for a beginner?

Good morning to all. Today marks the end of my visit with DS. Taking my time getting a move on this morning before I head to the airport. We have had a wonderful weekend. It's been a year since I saw him. He has a quilt he wanted to sew on, but after laying it out we realized that he left the remains fabric at my home 2.5 years ago. So we ended up buying some cheap fabric for him to practice on by making so mm e charity quilts. I have my work cut out for me to cut the remaining squares he needs, only 230 of them. Let's hope there is enough fabric.

the weather here in Portland has been nice, some hot days for them, but if I compare to Houston's hot and humidity, pleasant. Last night we did the river cruise.

Comment

Working...
        X