Odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd

Have any of you gotten something in the mail you didn't order ( actually would have never ordered ) It was addressed properly, name spelled correctly and with no packing slip? It was two pair of Gucci socks. If they aren't fake, they are very expensive and can not imagine someone sending me something like this. I guess I saw the China return address and I feel strange about it. I have no idea how to return them. Your probably thinking I am being paranoid about this maybe I am.

You just became the newest member of a big mystery. I heard about it a while back.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshe.../#28f8a5a569f3
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

here is another take on the same thing.......good grief! it isn't one thing, its another.
      Have you heard of an Amazon package scam called 'brushing'? It involves having random packages you didn't order from Amazon show up at your door.

Comment

• ktdid
        ktdid commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a great article, maybe think about changing passwords??

• TMP
        TMP commented
        Editing a comment
        The small package was in my mail box and I can't tell if its from amazon or where . I posted a picture of the label below

I hadn’t heard of this. Thanks for the article.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Bad picture but the package was all crinkled up
        label.jfif
        socks.jfif
        Attached Files

Comment

If they are from China, they are not the real deal. I received an amazon package with a plastic baby bathtub. I just donated it.

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Not the real deal? What does that mean, it's two different scams.

• sydneybean
          sydneybean commented
          Editing a comment
          I think she means that they aren't Gucci. If from China, most likely not

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I got that after. too early in the morning. 😄

If I ever receive a gift from China -- seeds or otherwise -- it's going in the trash unopened. Who know what it could be infected with.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
          Have any of you gotten something in the mail you didn't order ( actually would have never ordered ) It was addressed properly, name spelled correctly and with no packing slip? It was two pair of Gucci socks. If they aren't fake, they are very expensive and can not imagine someone sending me something like this. I guess I saw the China return address and I feel strange about it. I have no idea how to return them. Your probably thinking I am being paranoid about this maybe I am.
          You are supposed to report this to your local post office. Ours asks that we touch the package/letter as little as possible and let them take it from there. And never open it.

Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I would toss it out quickly. odd items in the mail from ?? would not be welcome in my house. mail and emails and posts unsolicited are irritating to say the least.

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              This made me grin. I got a letter from a Jehovha witness yesterday. (don't get me wrong anyone, my BIL is one) I guess instead of stopping by they are sending out letters.

I guess so. in Colorado a couple always stopped by our house to talk to my husband. When he passed away, they came by to talk to me. mostly about anything, not all religion. Nice people! These days we must get contact with people in safer ways.... 😊

Comment

My son n law told me I should turn it in to the police. He read an article that said the police get it to the proper person that can use the address to try and track where these unordered packages are coming from and figure out why. Well, I did call the police. The young guy was very polite but said all I can do is throw it in the trash! I said ok fine with me and he threw it in my trash can. I felt so much like an overly concerned wacky old woman that bothered the police for no reason. My son and son n law both told me they thought I did the right thing.
              Last edited by TMP; August 21, 2020, 06:19 AM.

Comment

That has been happening in Canada as well, mostly seeds were being reported. We were advised to contact the Post Office, and I beleive the Canadian Food Inspection Agency posted a warning, as these could be invasive species. Anything coming to us without request is disposed of.

We recently receive a package from China, our address but incorrect name. It said t-shirt. I looked up the name and found someone on our street with that name. I called them -- turns out whoever sent it transposed 2 numbers. The woman was so grateful we called, as it was a special t-shirt she ordered for her daughter. I guess we are so paranoid these days, it almost made me laugh. Not everything from China is bad, really.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                  jjkaiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here in Wisconsin. The Wis. Dept of Natural Resources is asking ppl to NOT open pkg and if seeds, send to them. There is some concern about seeds being invasive species. I don't personally know of anyone getting these so idk how big of a problem it is.
              Working...
              X