Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

I guess it rained some more last night since the deck and steps are wet. Couldn't prove it by me!

We had thunderstorms again yesterday afternoon. These more or less passed over us and dropped about 10 minutes of rain but it certainly was noisy. At least the yard doesn't look burnt.

I worked on Mike's portfolio and got it finished yesterday. He likes it, that's all that matters.

Morgan made it to Portsmouth, VA alright. She was in the process of checking in when she was talking to Jim. An uneventful trip for her, which I'm thankful for.

Jim's picking me up at 8 for church. I'm not sure why, since he's playing for the later service and the Praise Team's practice starts around 9. I'm sure he'll figure it out, but I'll be ready.

I guess I'll be starting on the Virginia Tech wall hanging tomorrow. I'm not sure what it's going to look like yet. I may draw something out today.

Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Good morning!

We did not get any rain yesterday. We are supposed to have some thunderstorms later this afternoon. In the meantime, the sun is peeking out and we will have a high around 80. My windows are already open.

I made good progress on the back of my Halloween quilt last night. It is halfway done. I want to finish it this morning. My quilt math was off, however, and some of the pieces ended up half an inch longer than others. I am resisting the urge to straighten things up. As long as the middle seam is lined up properly (and it is), it doesn't mater if the bottom is a little wonky. The back is larger than the front, and the wonkiness will be chopped off when I trim up the borders.

No other real plans for today, just the usual laundry and straightening up.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. It's a very cloudy one here. Looks like we had rain overnight since everything is wet outside. Yesterday was a real nice day weatherwise. We went to Henry's game, came home, had a bit of lunch and then we headed outside to our yard and had a very nice afternoon just enjoying our gardens and listening to music. Then last night we watched the Yankees game. I did some squaring and pressing of the Farmer's Wife blocks for a bit during the game. I got about 30 of them done and this morning my back is letting me know that I shouldn't have been standing that long.

Have a good day all. I hope it is whatever you hoped it would be. Be safe. Stay well.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a productive day yest.! My son & his friend came with the flatbed trailer & hauled away a lot of stuff! Both the riding & walk behind mowers, a propane tank, a bunch of old tomato cages, a pail of kitty litter (which we use for traction in the snow during the winter), all the accessories to the mowers, 2 spare bike tires, a rain train, 3 gas cans, etc. Wow, there is so much space in our shed now! At a later time, they will come get boxes of wood that are stacked in our other shed. They can use it for their wood stove in the shop. We had stock piled wood to use in our wood stove, which we haven't used for years. (DH no longer is able to get on the roof & clean the chimney.) We also rolled newspaper logs & would use a small amount of coal to hold the fire through the night. We heated the house with it for 13 yrs.

I had told DH before my son came that after they left I planned to go to town. I needed some time away. It's been such a stressful week dealing with the 1st painter who quit, others who came to look at the house, pending estimates, dealing with DH's anxiety, etc. About 10:45 I headed to the LQS. She had some bolts on sale, 30-50% off to make space for new fabrics coming in. I found what I needed for the backing of the Smoke & Fire quilt. Then I headed out of town to the Lyons Quilt Store. I browsed but did not buy a thing. There were slim pickings in the clearance corner. That store has a huge selection of Kaffe Fassett & batiks fabrics -- probably the largest in this area. It's always fun to look even if you don't buy.

Back to town where I ate lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. My favorite item there is the lunch special, which is a chimichanga, which comes with refried beans & Spanish rice, lettuce, sauce & sour cream. It's a whopping platter of food served piping hot on a plate too hot to touch. Chips in the basket with dipping sauce. I always take half of it home for a 2nd meal. I was home before 2 p.m. It gave me the break I needed.

And we have a painter! The latest estimate was in my e-m yest. p.m. Much lower than all other estimates & the guy I really felt good about & wanted to do the job. He will get to our project before the end of the summer. Thank you, Lord!

My gr. dau. is home safely from the trip to IL for the funeral of her friend who died of C-19. Hoping & praying she didn't pick up any virus germs. She plans to quarantine for 2 wks.

Today is our 45th anniversary. This was a 2nd marriage for both of us. We blended our families -- his 2 sons & my 2. His boys lived with their mom & visited every summer. Lots of good memories to cherish, even though there were hills & valleys. These days are bittersweet as I see DH's health declining & what I feel may be some early dementia. He's a very anxious person which is difficult to deal with at times, but the Lord gives us strength for each day.

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary! Hope you got the pattern I e-mailed you.

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Anniversary, Joy! It sounds like you had a nice afternoon out. Every once in a while we all need a break.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Anniversary!! This is my third relationship and I hope to be with him as long as you!

Good morning to all,

My cup runneth over this morning...well the coffee pot. I forgot to empty the left-over coffee yesterday. Luckily, I caught it before it was a huge mess! Please don't tell my daughter of my coffee 101 fails. She will send me away. I bought her the same pot so she can have her coffee made at 4:45 am when she starts her day.

I finished the RWB table topper yesterday and started piecing the backing fabrics. I'm not a scrappy backer person so really have to process this one to make it work for my brain.

Joy, Congrats on the productivity with the clean out and gifting. Nice that you were able to get some time at the L Q Shops and a good lunch.

Happy stitches to all!

Comment

• grammaterry
          grammaterry commented
          Editing a comment
          can't tell you how many times my coffee pot has had the same problem

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I drink only 1 c. of decaf coffee a day, & sometimes not even that. I use a cone with a filter that my DIL brought from Holland years ago. It sits on the top of the cup; you use a #2 filter, add the grounds, & slowly pour boiling water over it till the drip is done. I add a dollop of vanilla ice cream, zap it in the microwave for 45 sec., add my Stevia & a few drops of vanilla extract, & enjoy.

Good Morning all,

Not much happening here. Weather is nice, house is open. Pull a bunch more cherry tomatoes and a few slicers. I'll be going over to my daughter's on Thursday so I will take her some tomatoes. I believe she is the only one that will eat them. Her husband doesn't mind them in a hotdish but won't eat them fresh and my grandkids don't like them either, one of the few vegetables they won't eat.

Worked on the applique blocks for the sampler quilt. I completed one, two more to go and I'll be done with the blocks. I'll probably work on those today. Looks like the weather is going to be nice the rest of the week so the house will remain open, although I think it got a little warmer yesterday then they predicted.

Time for some coffee before online church. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been thinking recently about my dad, who grew a huge garden each year. He was a pastor of mostly smaller churches, & they needed the food to feed the family. My mom canned every summer. We didn't have a freezer during those years. It certainly was a high carb meal, but sometimes our supper would consist of sweet corn on the cob fresh from the garden, fried potatoes, sliced tomatoes & maybe some cucumber. My bro. & I would sometimes have a contest to see who could eat the most ears of corn. Garden to the table within the hour is so
          scrumptious.

Good Morning to All. Got a call from my cousin, she and her hubby are coming to visit later this week. They need to escape the heat where they live and I am so excited to see her again. They will also help with the final cleaning of dads place too. She came down twice (Jan-Mar) while I was dealing with dads hospital/stroke/hospice time. My dad was more of a father to her than an uncle role. She even lived with us for a few years. This will be the first time in years that I can truly relax and enjoy/host visitors (not being a caregiver of my dad or my honey). A real stay at home vacay for me! They themselves just finished hospice with his father and the dealings with his estate, so they are ready for a break too!

Did a 2nd story time with mimi on Thursday via facetime with the two little ones, loving this setup. I didn't realize my daughter was filming their reactions to the story as I was reading it (sending clips to her brother).. he got a kick out seeing the different visual emotions on their faces, gasps - laughing, etc. I can't wait for the day that those two little ones can be sitting next to me as I read the books to them.

My son and his crew brought me Birthday Dinner on Friday from one of my favorite mexican food restaurants. It was the perfect ending to a horrible day for me. I hit a brickwall that morning (wall of tears). First birthday without my dad and my honey and I was a mess. Just one of many firsts that I have to work through this first year without them.

Time for more coffee and on with my day.

Love to all and please be safe.

Comment

• SuzyQue
          SuzyQue commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy to see your excitement over hosting. Sorry to hear of the birthday tears. There are so many sad firsts that first year. Holidays are so difficult. Hang in there. It will get better, is the hope I hold on to every day.

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Belated Birthday. The first year always seems to be the hardest when you’ve lost loved ones. I still have tears and my grandparents and mother-in-law have been gone 10 years already. My parents longer than that. Hope some happy time with your cousin will help the sadness.

Quiet morning here. I made pancakes for breakfast (found a really good no-salt version and we get a Roasted Pecan sugar free syrup from a place in Pigeon Forge, TN). Sunday is my day to read the newspapers. I read our local paper and then the New York Times, which generally takes the whole day, depending on how many stories I look at. Cheryl is knee-deep in the Christmas quilt. Yesterday it took her most of the day to make these three trees. She has three more to go, after which the rest of the quilt should be fairly straightforward. She made a slight mistake in the background fabric for the trees. She didn't realize that the background was directional, and a couple of strips are different. Oh well, we're the only ones who will see it since it will hang in the house during the holidays. There are only a couple of rows that are out of kilter.

Got my projects in order of the way I want to do them. Waiting on a couple of pieces of fabric before I can start, which should be here Tuesday at the latest.

Today, in addition to reading, will be devoted to mowing the yard and picking up our grocery order. I told Cheryl that even when the pandemic is over, we will likely continue to use the pickup service. Not having to traipse over the store feels pretty nice.

Rob
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• SuzyQue
          SuzyQue commented
          Editing a comment
          Shhhhh! Don’t tell all the secrets and mistakes and no one will know!🤫😁

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Rob ~ You mentioned Pigeon Forge. Do you live near there? My niece lives in Sevierville. Before he died my bro. & wife lived in rural Cosby. I visited there just once. Friendly people & lots of tourist attractions. We also drove through Smoky Mountain National Park. We also toured Dollywood. It was the last time my bro., my sis, & I saw each other. It was 2004. They died in 2009 & 2010. I was the baby of the family, so they were 12 & 15 yrs. older than I was.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Joy, no I don't. I was actually looking for a place to buy flour, of all things, when you couldn't find it in the stores. There is a place there called The Old Mill that does small batch milling and always seems to have it in stock. In looking over their website I saw sugar-free syrup with no sodium, so I bought a bottle to see if I'd like it. It's really good!

Rob

I surely do wish you have many more happy birthdays and cherish the ones that you have had with loved ones as well. Sounds like story time was a real success
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X