Transplant update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplant update

DH is home! I picked him up yesterday. He is doing very well and happy to be home. He got out of the car and before I could walk around the car to help him, he was up the front steps and standing on the porch, waiting for me to unlock the door! He does fine going up and down the stairs for which I'm very thankful - I was worried about that but he has no trouble. Everyone has told us that he is way ahead of where most people are following a transplant. He really feels good, except he is having a lot of pain in his neck. He had to have some kind of scan at the hospital, and in the process of moving him from the bed to the table, something happened and he injured his neck, shoulder and left arm. He said he's not sure exactly what happened but there was quite a jolt when they set him down. The pain medicine they sent him home with isn't helping so we're trying to figure something out so he can get some sleep. It only bothers him when he lays down. Praying that tonight will be better and he will get some sleep. Thank you all for your prayers during this time. This is truly a miracle and an answer to prayer.

So glad he was able to come home, it is the best place to recoup.

Comment

So glad he is home and doing so well except for neck, hoping that goes away soon.

Comment

This is such great news! Truly an answer to prayer. I pray he continues to recover at a good pace and that his pain is manageable. Keep us posted.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I know you're thrilled he's home and doing so well.

Here's hoping being home will ease his injuries.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great news to hear he’s home with you. That’s right where he belongs. Did they do a scan after his shoulder got messed up?
            Last edited by Paisley; August 15, 2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              The scan was right after the injury and then they did xrays. Both were negative. Keeping ice on it seems to help.

Thankful he is doing so well. Praying recovery continues and he is able to find some relief from the neck/shoulder pain.
            Carlie

Comment

Cokie ~ Such wonderful news! Praises! It's all those prayers that have been sent up! Do you have a recliner he could sleep in so he doesn't have to lay flat? Hope he can get some pain relief & rest. There's no place like home!

Comment

• Cokie
                Cokie commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, he's been sleeping in the recliner with an ice bag and it seems to help.

Cokie,

Glad to hear that he's home! After I had my quadruple bypass, I had to sleep sitting up for several months. Luckily, my brother-in-law, who had a bypass a few years before mine, had a lift chair that I used. Until the pain subsides, sleeping in a comfortable recliner might be what he needs. Good luck!

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

So glad the surgery went well and he is home. Did he get any muscle relaxers for his neck pain? That might help. Tell him we are all rooting for him! Be sure to look after yourself too!

Comment

I am certain you are truly relieved and glad to have him home. Progress will continue and in a year this will be behind the both of you and life will get back to normal. How is his doner doing? I hope just as well.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

• Cokie
                    Cokie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cleveland Clinic recently developed an arthroscopic procedure for harvesting a live donor liver and the donor was able to have that procedure. According to his mom, he's doing great!

So happy to hear that your hubby is home. Prayers for a continuation of his good recovery.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

That is wonderful news, I am happy to see he is home and recovering well. I hope the issue with his neck feels better soon.

Comment

Glad your husband is finally home and doing well. Best wishes!

Comment

Congrats to you both. Glad he is home because that is the best place to recover. Hopefully the neck/shoulder pain will subside soon. If not get a second opinion.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

Working...
                        X