pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Good thing we already have our babies.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I believe it! And if you are on FB have you noticed the price of Featherweights are inching towards $400-500. So now I will never get my FW!

Comment

• bubba
        bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know you were looking. I see them often. There was a pair for $700 today or $350 for one.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out Maxsold. I see them there quite often.

My machine went on the fritz the other day. I called the number I had for my repairman, to find out if he was still in business. He laughed "am I still in business. I can't keep up with the repairs". Glad for him.
      Kathy

Comment

• bubba
        bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got done with a ZOOM class, and they said their repair department is so busy they are six weeks out! You have to call and make an appointment for when to bring in your machine and they will call you when it's your turn!

• MAMSAN
        MAMSAN commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I didn't have to do that. I checked the call with estimate box when I took the machine into the drop off store on Mon, have yet to hear from him. That makes me think I won't be seeing my machine soon.

I’m sure this is true. Hopefully many of the new mask makers will morph over to making quilts.

Pat, I’ve been missing you!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• bubba
        bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        Missing you as well! I'm laid up presently and am unable to sew at all

So that's why masks are so expensive on Etsy. They are paying off their new machines.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't charged for mine either. And I have seen people charge $20 for one. To me that is outrageous but if someone is willing to pay that price, what are we to say about it.

• jjkaiser
        jjkaiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Lorie, You little smartass lol!!!

• jjkaiser
        jjkaiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I admit I am guilty of being suckered into buying a mask. You see, my friend Lorie here sent me a link to an etsy shop with Art Gallery fabrics. One thing led to another and I ordered a mask for $12.99 for my dd who has loved Cookie Monster since way back (she is now 30). The mask was so cute I couldn't help it. But it is the only one that I didn't make myself.

Happy to say that one of the LQS is having a great season selling machines. People were waiting in the line to go into the JA stores and a few doors down is the LQS. Customers came into their shop instead.

Comment

With the increase in sales now I expect quite a few will be resold at a lower price once life gets back to somewhat "normal." Don't know if that will hold true for the Featherweight or very expensive machines ... but I expect to see quite a few of those entry level machines for sale ... if they haven't broken and been trashed.

Comment

I had to go to JoAnn back in April for thread! OMG I’ve never run out of thread before.... anyway, the thread was right next to their sewing machine display,,,The girl told me that only 2 display machines were left, all the boxed ones were snatched up so fast... I was surprised because she said before COVID they didn’t sell many machines, except for the entry level ones. Most people go to a sewing machine store to purchase since they are usually past the entry level stuff.
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I wonder how many sewing machines will be for sale after the pandemic is over? Although, it would be wonderful, if the quilting traditions grow and they are carried on in many families.
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X