Hello Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Thursday

Good morning friends. Well I had quite the day yesterday. Had problems at work with connectivity. I spent a good amount of time with help line and then I had a lady (that I was warned about) come in, wanting her mail, saying her key doesn't work. On the phone with help, she is insistent that I give her mail to her. I explain that I can not do that. Meanwhile, still on phone, a police officer comes in to ask if this lady (she is outside) is giving me a hard time. I explain to him what is going on, he tells me he will tell her to move on. She doesn't, comes back in again, lamenting about wanting her cheque that she knows is in her box. I call the regular post mistress but I go in the closet to talk with her because the lady is still in the lobby. Under no circumstances am I to remove her mail. So I give her the number for customer service and she finally leaves. I think she was there for an hour. Holy Moly!!! Needless to say it left me a little frazzled.

Had a nice visit with my son. He is still sleeping at the moment. I will equip him with the essentials so he can make himself some salsa. A case of tomatoes are on sale today at the local grocery store, and of course I am going away and can't get any (sucks to be me, right?). The Escape is going to the garage this morning for an oil change and a once over. I broke the rear wiper arm the other day, so I have that glued in hopes that it will stay for at least a little while. If not I can order one online for a reasonable price.

So after work I will head to town for a few groceries. And then back home to continue packing. I need to get on the ball as hubby wants to leave real early Saturday morning. Of course I will be ready.

So that's it for me. Have a wonderful day, stay safe and healthy.

Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning! I'm watching the fog drift over the soybean field as I'm typing this. There's an old wives tale that says you'll have as many snows in winter as you have fogs in August. If that's true, we're in for lots of snow here as it's been foggy practically every day so far. I've got laundry going and, other than that, nothing is planned. I hope the new AC will be put in the sewing studio today. The old unit is barely cooling. The studio is insulated, but it heats up quickly.
    Monique, have fun and enjoy your vacation.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good morning. I woke up early this morning and was outside with my first cup of tea to see the sun make its' appearance. I love the gardens in the early morning. So peaceful. I enjoy watching the birds begin their day and also walking around to see what flowers are happily blooming and what plants are at the "I'm done" stage.

Monique, what a tense time you must have had yesterday. I hope today is less stressful.

Not sure what the rest of the day will hold. Hoping for some sewing time. Whatever your day holds, I hope it goes smoothly. Stay safe. Stay well.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Monique, I had to laugh about your packing. Howard would pack early then start fussing at me to pack. I would pack the night before. I drove him nuts. I was always ready on time, but not days in advance like he wanted and my ditty bag was never ready until I'd gotten ready in the morning of leaving.

Yesterday was tag day, another expensive day, since we had to pay sales tax. Mike hadn't transferred enough to cover it. I payed it, and told him Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Valentine's, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas for next year, too. The girl at the counter laughed. He looked at her dead pan and said, I guess I've been told.

Jim called, right after we left from getting the tags. He needed the bubble wrap. I told him to go get it, we were getting lunch before we went home. Mike paid for 'lupper' sort of late lunch early supper at the seafood place a couple of shops down from the tag place. Delicious! I had snapper and shrimp macaroni salad as one of my sides. Delicious. I told Mike I could just have a big ol' soup bowl filled with that mac. salad and I'd be a happy old lady. He said, we could go to Rod's Crab Shack and get a shrimp boil box and make our own. lol, takes all the fun out of it, but he's right. It was a basic macaroni salad that I didn't have to peel the shrimp to fix!

After we'd been home a while, Jim called again. They were cleaning out the pantry. I brought a lot of stuff home. I'll check the dates before I put them away. I told Mike, I didn't know what possessed me to take so much stuff. I don't have that much room in my pantry. I do need to take him the two boxes of fruit cups that I bought for the kids over to them.

I didn't make it into the sewing room yesterday other than to look around for my needle nose pliers. Didn't find them, so I borrowed Mike's. I'll probably go in and see them first thing this morning. I don't know what kind of mischief I'll get into today. I have a book to finish reading that's calling my name. Have a wonderful day, no matter what you choose to do.

Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Good morning!

Today is going to be warm (mid-80's) and sunny. I saw some 70's in the extended forecast, I am looking forward to those next week!

I heard from all of Mom's hospice team yesterday! The spiritual advisor called to see how we were doing. She sent emails for follow-up for the nurse and the social worker, who both called me soon thereafter. I asked the social worker if she had any resources for low-cost housing for my Ohio sister. She is living in Mom's house, and will continue to do so until I need to sell it as part of Mom's estate or to pay for Mom's care. I'm trying to be proactive so we don't have a "now what?" moment and have to rush to figure something out. Which is probably what will happen anyway.

I finished putting the borders on my Halloween quilt last night. I am very glad I added that middle border, I think it would have been quite blah otherwise. I have the fabric for the back laid on out my design floor. I need to tweak some measurements. I calculated the piecing for the back before I decided to add the third border. I think I cut the outer border a little larger than originally planned, too. I wanted to have a little wiggle room when I square it up later.

My thread arrived from Superior Threads! That was very fast, they just sent the shipping notification on Tuesday. The color I had to buy in a cone will be perfect to quilt the Halloween quilt.

Time for breakfast and work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Still so hazy here from all the smoke. The sun was an orange ball as it set yest. eve. It's supposed to be 95 today; it was 97 yest.

The painter came yest. to look over the house. He will get an estimate to us within 48 hrs. I hope it works out.

Monique ~ What a day you had dealing with that customer. That must have been upsetting for you. I know you're counting the time till you leave on vacation. I never really thought about postal clerks having to deal with irate customers.

I had an hour or so to do more sewing yest. afternoon. More rows got sewn together. Making progress.

I'm concerned for my gr. dau. who is flying tomorrow with a girl friend from Dallas back to IL to attend the funeral of the young friend who died of C-19 at his home last week. He was only 26. The dad of the family, who also was positive for C-19, is better & home from the hosp. They plan to fly into Chicago & rent a car to drive to the Quad Cities area. They'll stay overnight, attend the funeral Sat. a.m. & fly back Sat. night. I urged her not to go, but they're going as planned. They both are very close to this family. I'm hoping & praying they will be safe from the virus. She has 2 young boys under the age of 7.

My morning plans are to head over to the groc. store after breakfast. It's time to make chicken soup again, so the prep work of the vegs. will be later today.

Comment

Good Morning. I’m having a slow time waking up. It’s gloomy and that doesn’t inspire me to get moving. We are supposed to get more rain today.

Monique, don’t you hate issues with such difficult people. She evidently has caused issues before. It’s a challenge working with the public.

Julie, glad you touched base with your Mom’s care team.

I will make Ambrosia Chicken salad for dinner along with some fresh fruit on the side. While we were driving in town yesterday we were flagged over at a church and given a huge box of fresh produce. Loads of beautiful fruit and every veggie imaginable other than broccoli. It was a blessing. They asked if we wanted two boxes but we just took one. I can’t imagine how covered up we would be if we had taken two. A lot of this has been happening in our little town lately.

I hope to stay home today and get a few things done. I have a few loads of laundry to do. When Jeff works outdoors in the heat he has to change clothes and shower at least twice a day, which generates a lot of laundry.

KPH, I’m a last minute packer, too, and it makes a Jeff shake his head. I’m always ready to go on time and I seldom forget anything. Jeff will pack two weeks ahead.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sitting here waiting to go get lab work done before appointment with the Nurse Practitioner Friday. Won't be able to eat anything until I get home. Got a new cabinet that will serve as a pressing table once Cheryl gets the pressing mat completed. Really not much else to report. Have a wonderful day!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

Good morning everyone,

It's a cloudy start to the day, but will warm up to the low 80's. We've been having cooler nights lately, but it warms up nicely during the day. We could use some rain....maybe Saturday if the weather people are correct.

I canned 10 pints of beans yesterday....whew! That was an all day job! DH calls from work about 30 and asks would I make a casserole for supper. I told him I was up to my elbows in beans, but maybe. Well, I did make him his casserole in between pressure cooker batches. I don't usually eat macaroni dishes because it messes with my diabetes, so I had something else. He'll have leftovers for today. I also finished two loads of laundry during the day...much of which is going with me to the cabin later today.

The sewing room is still a mess. I didn't have enough time to finish up Monday, and I worked on Tuesday. And then, of course, yesterday was a busy one. So I guess it will wait until I get back from the cabin. I'm so tempted to do another region (the one that is south and east of the cabin) in the Quilt MN shop hop, but I'm trying to tell myself NO! My sewing room is full!!! Plus, I had the vet expense for Sadie's biopsy. (Still haven't heard what the result is, so I'll call today.) There is another shop hop coming up the middle of September. That one will be in eastern North Dakota. I live about 30 miles from the border. Lou, my friend from work, and I are thinking about that one. We'll see.

Have a good weekend everyone. Monique, enjoy the start of your vacation. 😎
                  Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
                    CarlieBlilie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jeanne, I'm telling myself that same thing. I have been thinking of doing the southeast section but it will entail a lot of driving. Winona and Wabasha are about 3 hours away so it would be a very long day and I would be by myself. I don't think that would be a good thing. There are a couple of smaller ones near here that I may venture to. I just won't be completing another section. I remember going to one in the area you are talking about along the North Shore. Cute little cabin quilt store. Had a dog that greeted you if I remember right.

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I miss the days when I used to can my homegrown veggies. I love to can beans and tomatoes. I have a glass top range now and it’s recommended that you not can on it. That’s okay, as I gave my canner, dozens of boxes of jars and accessories away several years ago. I make homemade applesauce and sweet corn for the freezer. I usually make and freeze a dozen loaves of zucchini bread to have throughout the winter. Canning and/or freezing food is very rewarding.

Good Morning all,

Dave and I made it to the pet store yesterday. We left the house about 9:30. It was morning but sure looked like night. We were traveling east so it did lighten up a little. By the time we were done in the store it had already started raining, pouring more like. We got home made it into the house without getting drenched. We had been gone a little over an hour and we already had over 1.5 inches of rain. We got about .3 more and it was done. Now it is humid and we are heading for temps in the upper 80's or lower 90's until Sunday.

Made up the cherry tomato sauce yesterday. I had 8 cups of cherry tomatoes. Still more on the way. Today I will be taking care of the paste tomatoes, getting them peeled and cored so I can freeze. Other than regular household chores nothing else is planned.

I did make it up to the sewing room yesterday and was able to cut out the pieces for the sashing on the sampler quilt. I have the blocks, minus the applique ones I've yet to finish, on my design wall. I am working on getting a balance between the light and the dark. I will probably change many times over before I'm satisfied. I hope to work more on it today.

Monique, I was a last minute packer as well, and I did all the packing, Dave never did any of it. You certainly used your patience on the lady at the post office. I cannot understand why people have to be like that. I had to take my son to task for doing the same thing that lady did.

Dave left a bit ago for his yearly physical. I here coffee calling my name! Have a great one!
                  Carlie

Comment

Good morning,

Sitting here sipping the third cup of coffee this morning. The first pot was full of grinds because I didn't get the basket in right last night. The second pot was much better.

I hope to piece the backing fabrics today for the dino quilt. It will go the LA next week. The table topper will be finished this weekend. There is another quilt project that I have moved up to the finish line. Then I will use fabric in the stash for the backing. It will be a win-win for the sewing room. Time to move these projects along.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                      Claire Hallman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Occasionally our filter collapses and puts grounds in the coffee, I use a piece of paper towel in the strainer to get them out, I hate to waste a pot of coffee.

I just wanted to share some news about what I wrote about this morning. Those of you who are diabetic, or who know someone who is, understand how important the A1C is. The last time I had mine checked (four and one-half months ago), it was 8.7 which was a drop from the 9.5 it was. previously Today, my A1C registered at 5.6! My cholesterol, which has always been low, is 118, which is the lowest it's ever been.

Thought about celebrating my A1C with a quart of chocolate marshmallow ice cream, but then thought better of it.😁

Rob
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
                      Bubby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congratulations! Your A1C is better than mine!! Keep on doing what you have been doing. Ice cream can be used for medicinal purposes....right? lol. just kidding. If it were only true.
                      Last edited by Bubby; August 13, 2020, 01:52 PM.

• CarlieBlilie
                      CarlieBlilie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is an awesome A1C. My daughter is type 1 diabetic so I do understand. Hers was 12.7 when she got pregnant with her first child. He is a miracle baby as far as I'm concerned. No health problems. She was is denial for a number of years before she started taking her insulin the way she should.
                  Working...
                  X