It's FRIDAY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's FRIDAY!!!!

I just had to shout that out, haha. Sorry I missed you all yesterday, my internet had been down since the day before and it wasn't back before I left for work. It was a very busy day at work yesterday. I did come home to have lunch with hubby. He has been busy trying to find camping spots. Not much else going on but WORK!! I am really starting to look forward to some time off and go camping.

Have a great Friday everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning all!

So good you’re back Monique......I hate when power stuff happens.....or tech stuff......or.....yeah, I’m a lost cause.....
    Hope your work time flys and you get to enjoy time out in the boonies.....with no power 🤪

Been busy, but sure couldn’t tell ya what.....lots of little things and a couple bigger things. The weather has been as perfect as it can get. Highs in the low 80’s and sunny. Lows in the 60’s . But it’s going to end. Sure can’t complain......gosh it’s pretty nice!

Finished basting “Happy Dance.” Now to finish the current quilt. Hand quilting takes time, but the results.....oh so pretty!

No new sighting of the owls.....guess they’ve move on.

Prayers continue for many here.....hope everyone has a most blessed weekend. Love and hugs to all. 💖
    💫 Star lover

Comment

yesterday was a bomb. Got nothing done. Didn't feel bad but not good either so I mostly just sat. I hate that feeling. DH always seems to have a project and stays busy and productive. Sometimes it just drives me nuts.
      Weather was cool last night and I slept much better. Got up at 5. Too early. I'll be so sleepy tonight. Maybe a nap...ha ha
      No plans for today. Just play it by ear I guess.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry, I have days like that too. Nothing to do but wait it out...it gets better. You just have to give yourself permission to be a "vegetable" once in a while. I'll say, "I feel like a squash today," and that's simply the way it is.

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        It's okay to have a bomb day once in a while & just take it easy. We need that time to de-stress & enjoy some quiet time. We really don't have to be busy all the time! Enjoy the view from your house & take it easy. There once was a book out with the title, "While do I feel guilty when I relax?" Too few people take the time to relax.

Good morning! I cut the grass Monday and again yesterday to get back on schedule. Otherwise, this week has been slow after a busy week of canning and freezing veggies. We picked up our beef from the processor on Wednesday...830 pounds of Angus beef. Our freezers are full. If things should get worse with Covid, at least we'll have something good to eat.
      I got a new window AC for the sewing studio yesterday. My $25 AC is dying after 7 years of my use. I think I got my money's worth from that one. I hope when the new one is installed and cooling that I'll be motivated to get back to sewing.
      I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend ahead!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Please send me some of your energy, Myrna. It’s been a while since I’ve had any.

• MRoy
        MRoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, if I find all my energy again, I'll be glad to share some with you!

Good morning all. A bit rainy here this morning. I didn't have any big outside plans anyway. Laundry is on my To Do list. Other than that, not sure what I will get up to.

I checked in with Carrie again last night before heading to bed. She said Tim was doing ok. He is in pain of course but he does have meds to help with that. I hope they both got some sleep last night. I was surprised to find out that the surgery was done through the front of his neck. I guess I thought that since they were fusing a part of the spine, the incision would be in the back.

Have a good day everyone. Happy Friday.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• Cathy F
        Cathy F commented
        Editing a comment
        Ginny,
        My husband had two cervical discs removed 22 years ago and replaced with cadaver bone and the surgery was through the front of the neck. He had an amazing neurosurgeon and he has been pain free since then.

• Ginny B
        Ginny B commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Cathy. That's good to know.

Good morning!

Today is going to be another beautiful day -- high near 80 and sunny. We will have one more day like this before it gets hot again.

My bunny, who lost her right eye due to complications from cataracts and glaucoma in March, has developed a cataract in her left eye. We have an appointment with the vet in two weeks. The vet referred me to a couple of other vet practices that specialize with eye issues; now I have to find out if they treat rabbits. Rabbits are considered an exotic and most vets won't treat them.

I am glad to see the end of this work week. It has been very frustrating. I was working on a project and discovered the information I was given was obsolete. A co-worker sent me updated info but doesn't believe it is accurate. I feel like I'm pulling teeth sometimes. Good thing we have a team meeting this afternoon.

I need to run up to Fresh Thyme for some produce later this morning. But first, I need to log in to work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The Mercury stayed at the shop over night, so I took the Ford to get groc. yest. a.m. while waiting for the car to be fixed. I didn't need too much, but we were getting low on apples & eggs. Filled the car with gas. It's only the 2nd time this year I've put gas in it! Since DH no longer drives, I don't drive his car as much. I used to drive it to church on Sundays, but with not attending services, it hasn't been driven as often. The car was ready at 3 p.m. The bill was just <$1,100. Car repairs are so expensive now. But it's cheaper than buying a new car. We're going to keep these cars running just as long as possible. They don't make them like this any more. DH's car has <70,000 actual mi. on it.

The painter is coming today to do more caulking & prep work. It's a slow process, but he's being very thorough. I did some work out there, too -- some vacuuming of dust off the house. I removed the old outdoor thermometer & cleaned the surface behind there. Many webs.

DH has a root canal at 10 a.m. He's really dreading it. He's never had one done before. He gets so anxious about these things & frets so. Time to get his breakfast.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          I dread dental work as well. I always ask for nitrous oxide so I can go to a happier place. Did I use the right term for "gas"?

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          DH's root canal went well. We paid the extra $ to have an antibiotic injected into the canal. The infection came from a cavity under an old gold crown that moved down into the canal. If not treated, the infection could go into the bone, which would not be a good thing. So now there will be more dental work at the regular dentist's. He needs several crowns. They all cost us out of pocket -- not covered with our dental plan, which covers only the bare minimum. I think I may cancel it next year.

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad the dental work went smoothly. And I also opt for the happy place gas on major dental work. Grab my ear plugs, crank up my music and la la land I visit.

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning following those massive thunderstorms last night. I need to go around and check the pictures to make sure they're still straight after the shaking we had last night! Wowsers! I'm really surprised that the power didn't go out!

We ordered dinner in from Chipotle last night. Meal got here and the guy was bringing it to the door and the bottom of the bag fell out and there was dinner all over the sidewalk. The driver said they reordered, but NO food showed up. I'm going to check my credit card again to make sure they refunded the bill. Mike was furious, but didn't want to go out in the deluge! We didn't go hungry, it just wasn't what we wanted.

I finished up the uglies. I still have squares cut, but I won't be making anymore Christmas uglies for a long while. I think I'll use them for other projects, I'll just have to give it some thought. Maybe Secret Santa projects in the future.

Today will be clean up the sewing room day. I have scraps of fleece that are too big to throw away. I need to get them all straightened up and folded, along with scraps of batting that need to be folded neatly and stacked. Then there's all of the stuff I've pulled out for the kids painting party that needs to be put away neatly. I'm a horrible stacker, one part of Mom's personality that I ended up with. These stacks are bugging me. Next real project will be Mike's portfolio cover. By the time I finish that, I hope the fabrics for the VTech wall hanging will be here, so I can get that done. With no home school this fall, I'll have more time on my hands.

Time to get busy, doing something productive. Have a great day everyone!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          Katrina.. so you don't have to do a virtual teaching for them from your house via computer?

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think so, I may have story time, or answer questions, but Jim will be home full time and he's a teacher so he's on the front line. He's never had to have more than one grade level or lessons going on at one time, though. it should be interesting. He'd better learn how to juggle, quickly!

Good Morning!

Yesterday was cloudy most of the day and the humidity and heat were on the rise. I took the opportunity to go shopping the Quilt Minnesota shop hop and left the house around 11. Visited four stores and purchased a little at each. I did find some fabric that I think will make very cute table runners for Christmas. I showed it to my daughter and she said it was very vintage looking. I don't know that I agree, I just liked it. I also bought some of the fabric designed for the Quilt Minnesota shop hop. Not sure what I'll do with it quite yet. I originally told Dave I would be home by 4:30. He laughed and said, yeah, right. Then asked that I be home no later than 5:30. Last stop was about 45 minutes from home so I calculated the time to see if I had enough time for one more shop. Decided not to and drove into the driveway at 4:15. My first thought was, Yes I was right! I had put spare ribs in the crock pot before I left so just needed to get the sides done and supper was ready in plenty of time.

My son had called the other day after talking to the place that issues the cards for Social Security. They were going to send his card UPS. For some stupid reason they never sent it. We had been waiting for the card for almost a month. Talk about frustration. The card was supposed to be delivered by UPS tomorrow, came yesterday. I think my son did not understand what he was being told. Now that he finally has his money from Social Security he is relaxing a bit. He asked me to come pick him up from the rehab center and he wants to go up to Walmart and buy a cellphone. He does need one so I hope that he can get this and keep the service. He hasn't had a phone that he had to pay for in quite some time. Hopefully once he gets into the assisted living we can work with the county to get him one of those phones again.

Other than taking Jim to Walmart I don't have any solid plans. I have made some more progress on my sampler quilt, I now have 30 blocks done and have 3 applique to do. I need to cut out fabric for the last 3. Once the blocks are completed I can add the sashing. However, I think I'm going to put it on the back burner for a bit and work on some fall and winter/Christmas wall hangings. I have a number of them so I'll go through and see which ones I want to finish first. Most, if not all, of these panels were bought years ago, just never had the time to make the wall hangings. I am going to look for some fabric that will match the table runner fabric I bought. I may decide to do a table cloth instead, just haven't made up my mind. Here is what I bought yesterday.

Time for some coffee and breakfast before I pick up Jim. Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
          Nwmnteacher commented
          Editing a comment
          Carlie, I splurged and bought a kit for a quilt using the MN fabrics. Every shop had their own take on using them in a quilt, but at the last shop we visited, there was one I just loved.

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Jeanne, I’m almost done. I have 2 shops left. One in New Ulm and the one here in town. I may try and do some more shopping in the southeast section too. I haven’t shopped this shop hop for a while. My daughter and I went about 4 or 5 years ago and finished three sections. We had a great time. She is too busy with her daycare now to do that. Hoping that we can do it again in a few years.

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice haul. I am itching to get working on some Christmas fabric I bought last fall. I need some green to add in but I should work on the moose fabric I bought in Alaska last year. Squirrels, squirrels, squirrels

Love all the Christmas fabric, especially the Peanuts one. I can see that bordered with the Christmas lights. Thanks for sharing.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my thought as well, got a deal on it. 40% off. Love those kind of deals.

Happy Friday all!

Got a text last night from FedEx that Ken's had shipped the sewing machine, and it's scheduled to arrive today! I can't believe how quick the turnaround was. After waiting sometimes more than a week or two for fabric orders, it's kind of nice to know something does move quickly.

This weekend, then, will be dedicated to seeing just how much trouble I've bought for myself. If you hear cursing coming from the Midwest, don't worry. It's just me. We have to shop for carpeting for the living room tomorrow. Our carpeting is 25 years old and after two dogs and numerous other spills it looks it. I don't want to get something ridiculously expensive, but I want something that will hold up, especially when we get another dog, although given the torture it was when we had to put Droopy down (she is the dog in my avatar), I'm still not in a hurry to do so.

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Rob, had to post that Droopy is/was adorable. So sorry you lost her. Gina

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          We had a very bad experience when we had to put our Brandy down, she was 16. I hope I never have to go through that again. I struggled with whether or not to get another one. After a short 2 weeks I decided I really wanted another dog. Then I had to wait for her to be old enough to pick up. For me it was like a kid waiting for Christmas. I didn't think it would ever get here. Our two dachshunds are aging well but are already 14. I'm hoping they stay as healthy as they have been. My very first dachshund died in my grandmother's arms. She was taking her outside to go potty.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all so much. It was the hardest decision we ever had to make, but I know she was in so much pain that it was the most humane thing to do. Sure didn't make it any easier.

Rob

Good morning everyone,

So far it's cloudy here, but it's supposed to reach 80 later on. I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to the cabin, but I'm moving pretty slowly. I was really tired last night; I think it was from the 4 hours on the road back and forth to the vet. Sadie was "out of it" after I got her home. She drank some water a couple of times, but threw it up each time. She was wobbly from the anesthetic, and I carried her up and down the stairs. But, she slept well last night, and seems back to her old self this morning. She has stitches in her lower lip that will stay for two weeks, and then she will have a check up and have them removed. We'll hear results from the biopsy sometime next week. It's crazy, one worries over the fur babies like your children.

Otherwise, the only thing I did yesterday was a couple of loads of laundry. I brought a Papa Murphy's pizza home for supper because I knew I would not be in the mood to cook after all that driving.

My SIL asked for me to make some masks for her kids and grandkids using sports themed fabric. I only have some soccer fabric and some MN Vikings in my stash. I looked online last evening, and it's hard to find in stock. Etsy prices are pretty high for fairly small pieces. I want at least 1/2 yard. There is a quilt store on the way to the cabin, so I think I'll stop there and have a look. it's actually one that visited last weekend during my Quilt MN trip, but I wasn't looking for novelty fabrics at the time.

Time for some breakfast and then pack for the cabin. Have a great weekend everyone!
        Jeanne

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          Praying that your furbaby comes out okay. I worry about mine all the time. They are both 14 and our Auggie is pretty much blind. Poor thing runs into doors and walls. His smeller is in good working order though. He always knows when I’m around. His nose goes in the air and he starts sniffing. 😂

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Have fun at the cabin!

Friday, used to be so exciting.😆
        I think we are heading out to get new batteries for the lawn edger and the dremel. The dremel might be too old to get a replacement so it might end up being a new one. It is a good thing to trim the dogs nails, she doesn't mind it but hates the nail cutters. If we get a dremel perhaps she won't have to have the vet's office do her nails.
        Maybe while we are heading in that direction we can visit the lqs for the green fabric I need. I would rather go to the shops that are about an hour away [in two different directions] due to selection but it probably isn't worth it. Maybe I should just wait.....🤔
        Tomorrow is our DIL's parent's 50th anniversary, they are having a very small family gathering at the lake, so sorry they couldn't celebrate like they wanted with friends from their long years together. The kids are looking forward to seeing their cousins and sleeping in bunk beds.😁
        Have a fun weekend, friends.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the new dremel and some green fabric only to find some more green I like better already in the closet. Doesn't matter all fabric is welcome

• Dove
          Dove commented
          Editing a comment
          Please tell me about using a dremel for your dog's nails. We have an old, blind, very stubborn German Shepherd and a not as old pointer-hound mix. It takes 4 people at the vet's to do the shepherd's nails just because he's very upset about the whole idea and tries to get away. The pointer-hound isn't so bad. It would be great to find a way to do the shepherd's nails at home. He actually gets ill sometimes after a trip to the vet.

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll let you know tomorrow after we do it. When we first got her I used it but haven't done it ourselves in a while. My sister raises show Shelties and uses one all the time. I saw a video of someone putting peanut butter on their hat for the dog to lick and keep them occupied while the nails were cut.

It is Friday and I"m trying to find pink jelly rolls. found some on Ebay but have to sign in or go in with Google email. irritating. I need pink binding and of course gave all my reds and pinks away. just want to finish one hexagon quilt.
        My youngest granddtr is coming this weekend. my son will drive to South Texas to get her. I worry about her going back to school. She will not wear a mask but down there hopefully the number of Covid cases are low. i don't really know. The News had one school suspend a 15 year old boy who posted a photo of very crowded hallways of kids without masks. the school people got very upset. made them look bad. you think??? yes they look bad. all should be fired. Our poor kids. they do worry me so. I guess we get through this as a people but slowly. This is one reason I"m doing a bright quilt!!! pick ones self up you know?
        I gave the dragonfly quilt to my 21 year old granddtr who lives with me. It is on the floor of her bedroom now but i found a cute little dessert in the fridge with a note of thanks to me from her. she works in a Bakery. so floor or not, i guess she does like it!! Ya'll take care. (and send pink). .. Scratch the pink, i found some green that will work fine. yea....
        I just found out a friend from the 70's passed away yesterday. We worked together in Houston and kept in touch all these years. She had the greatest laugh! Hugs to all!
        Last edited by nativetexan; August 7, 2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
          Mimi_Howard commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear about your friend.
      Working...
      X