It's Thursday and I didn't see Monique on line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Thursday and I didn't see Monique on line

Its thursday Morning and I looked for Monique to start this thread but she's not there...so here it goes
    The hurricane passed swiftly thru NC and missed us by going off to the west. We only got about 2 inches of rain and sustained winds of 50 mph for a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning. No damage, no flooding. And the new house is so tight that we couldn't hear the roaring wind unless we opened the door. Couldn't stand up outside but the house was great.
    Yesterday DH rowed us out to the point on the river and we went fishing. Caught a bunch of small croakers and had them for dinner. Yumm yummm. It was fun to do something other than work. I did get too much sun. Been trying to figure out a way to make a sun shield for the row boat. I really like not being in a boat without a motor noise.
    DId a bunch of brush clearing on Tuesday. Yard is starting to not look like a jungle.
    DH is taking the boat to get it refueled and put it back in the water. Men! I think they just like moving stuff around.
    Still working on double wedding ring quilt. I need to start taking some pictures of how the construction is done so that when its my turn to show it off, maybe I can inspire someone else to do one.
    Have a great day.
    Walk with God.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Morning all,

We have power again, it came on yesterday evening. I am a happy camper with my morning coffee again. Long Island had 100,00 without power due to the storm. Not much rain, mostly wind which took a lot of trees and wires down. We had one big limb from our maple tree come down and it did us a big favor of not landing on our fence. My husband spent the day cutting it up and hauling it off the front lawn.

Barb nominated me to continue with her "sharing our quilts" idea. I will post a quilt or handmade each day for one week then nominate the next person to show their's for a week, and then that person will nominate the next member and so on. It should be fun seeing everyone's work and sharing of ideas. The thread is posted under quilt discussion. Let's see how long we can keep this going!

Glad to see Cokie's husband is recovering so well after his transplant, great news!

Looks to be a beautiful day so I better get a move on and enjoy it. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Last edited by Cathy F; August 6, 2020, 06:10 AM.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you're all right after that storm and your clean up was not too bad.

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you have your power back Cathy and that you didn't lose your fence when the limb came down.

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Ginny so am I. I already had to have that section replaced when my next door neighbor's car skidded on the ice in her driveway two years ago and went through that piece of fence! LOL!

Good Morning Terri,

I'm glad to see you made it through the storm. Still sounds like you had more rain than we did.

Yesterday, I took Jim and Mike to lunch. We had to start at Morgan's ER, since she had all of the camper keys. We picked up the keys, ate lunch at Ida Claire and then headed out to see the camper. It wasn't unfolded, so I had to use my imagination. It's nice, but I wouldn't want to live in it for months with three kids. After Jim took all of the measurements, we came back home.

I noticed the storm clouds building. By, 3 the thunderstorms started. It rained most of the afternoon. Calling for more of the same today.

I did manage to get the strips cut for binding the two uglies. Today, once the sun has moved passed the sewing room window, I'll get it stitched and ready to go on the quilts. I'll be glad to have that job done! Jim left a clothes hamper in the garage. It's full of stuff that didn't get washed. I'm going to work on that today. Mike changed his sheets last night, so there will be plenty to wash.

Nothing's going to get done if I stay hooked to the computer. Have a great day!

Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      We're living in a small house right to save money and both working from home due to Covid and it sucks lol. There's just three of us..2 adults and a 17 yr old ..my daughter Abby. Like right now Daniel has a terrible sleep schedule and is sleeping on the couch so quiet we must be to not wake the bear lol. I hope they survive camper life!!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I wrote about my day yest. in an afternoon thread, so I won't repeat that. I'm tired & a bit sore this a.m. I plan to take it easy today. I didn't sleep well after 2:20 due to bad skunk odor. Yuk!

The car stayed at the shop over night. They got the parts in by closing time; the work will be completed today.

The painter had to wrap up his caulking work yest. ~4 p.m. due to lightning & rain. He'll be back today. He was here a total of 6 hrs.

I'm tempted by today's Tula Pink DD, but with all the expenses lately, I'll pass. Jordan's Fabrics also has that dotted ombre fabric that I like on sale, too. But...I really need to stick with shopping my stash.

Comment

Good morning!

Today is going to be a lovely day. We have temps in the low 60's right now, with a predicted high around 77. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm going over to my sister's for lunch today. She got a little perturbed at me because I didn't check in on her or arrange a lunch date last week. I think sometimes she forgets that I'm still working. I told her that telephones can make calls as well as receive them. Turns out she is having issues with her landline (she also has a cell). She has tried three different phones and none of them solved the problem. I think the issue is with the cord or the jack.

I haven't heard from Mom's hospice in almost three weeks. The nurse was calling me every time she saw Mom. I received a call from the social worker but we played phone tag and she didn't call me back. If I don't hear from them by 3pm today, I am going to give them a call. They were so good about communicating for the first couple of weeks, I'm not sure why they went silent. Mom's doing fine, I don't think there have been any changes. Maybe they only call if there's a change?

Time to switch computers and log in to work. Have a wonderful day!
      Last edited by JulieC; August 6, 2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Julie, call them anyway, just for your peace of mind.

Good Morning. It’s going to be a typical hot summer today.

I am up early because I have an appointment to see my doctor for shots in my arthritic hands. I don’t like to do this but the pain is almost unbearable lately and I have sewing to do!

Cathy has taken over the quilt sharing project. I enjoy seeing the work other quilters do. I know I need ideas and inspiration to get myself out of the slump I’m in. Terry I’m looking forward to seeing your DWR quilt. It’s an ambitious project! It’s also one of my favorite designs that has never gone out of favor. So glad you didn’t get damage from the storm.

It’s hard to believe tomorrow is Friday already. I have so many of Jenny’s tutorials on my Bucket List that I need to live beyond 100 to make a dent.

Have a good day everyone. Hugs......

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Ginny B
        Ginny B commented
        Editing a comment
        Barb, I hope the shots help. It takes a lot of the fun out of sewing with hurting hands.

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a lovely day again. There had been a chance of rain but nothing came from it. This morning it is a little warmer than it has been. By Saturday we are supposed to be hot and humid again.

Heard from my daughter who is on vacation at her in-law's cabin in Wisconsin. They are having a great time. She sent me a picture of her hubby and the two girls on a water tube. Said Grandpa & Grandma got a new one, we call it the stripper! I asked why. The answer: While riding this my son-in-law lost a water shoe, his prescription sunglasses. The 12-year-old Natalie lost her bottoms! I lost it and started laughing. It almost did the same thing to the 15-year-old. They stopped using that one and went back the one that had seats on it. The new one you lie belly down on it. The only thing they were able to find was the water shoe. Natalie is determine to go back on it even though she lost her bottom. She has a one-piece swimsuit this time. She is very adventurous. We went to the Wisconsin Dells with them about in 2015 and she went down all the water slides she could. No fear with that kiddo.

Laundry was done yesterday after our trip to the pet store. We got the R/O water and also came away with a couple more pieces of live coral for the marine aquarium. I was also able to work in the sewing room for a bit last night. Boy, it can get hot up there even with the temps in the 70's. Must be the iron.

I'm thinking of going to a couple of the nearer quilt shops in the MN Quilt Shop Hop. Not sure yet. We will see what today brings. I haven't watched the weather yet so I will check that before I go anywhere.

Off for some breakfast and coffee, have a great day everyone.
      Carlie

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s amazing how your weather forecasts are just like ours. I hope your weather people are more accurate than ours.

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        This week they've been pretty close although our temps and dewpoints are a little higher I think partly because we are miles and miles away from the airport where they get their info. Also, we are in an area surrounded by hills so we don't always get the nice breeze and it seems to hold the heat more in the summer and the cold in the winter. We are in the upper midwest. What area of the country do you live in?

Good morning, everyone!
      Not much going on here. I went to JoAnn yesterday to get a couple battings for two more quillows. So I'll probably quilt one of those today. I really want to get those done so I can get started on my Valley Blossoms quilt. I've never done a Judy Niemeyer before. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
      I wish I could get myself out for a good walk. We live on a very busy street so I can't just walk there. I have to drive a couple miles to the trail. Just being lazy. But today I'm going to force myself to walk! The thing is, I enjoy it once I get there. Mike and I go in separate cars because he's not able to walk too much. That way he doesn't have to wait for me. He gets out of breath. He hasn't smoked in years, but the lung damage is there. It's perfect weather for walking today!
      Guess I'll make my second tea and read the news.
      Have a happy day!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand that the most important thing about a Judy Niemeyer quilt is organizing and labeling all of the pieces. Good luck. Let us know how it’s coming along.

• Momofmonsters5
        Momofmonsters5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, what pattern? I've always wanted to try on of hers. Did you buy the kit!? Ive always been nervous to pick my own colors but the kits are so expensive. I realized most quilts are expensive if you add it all up but I fool my self when I shop my stash and only have to buy say the sashing fabric or borders. Mind games in quilting lol

• Dove
        Dove commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought the Valley Blossoms quilt pattern and the embroidery pattern for the applique pieces. I didn't buy the kit because I want different colors. I'm doing a beige background and greens. Also, the pattern is for queen size so I have to add some to make it fit our king size bed. Judy Niemeyer has various instructional videos on You Tube for this pattern. I'm going to follow those.

Yesterday was nice, the cake mix did fine for a 13x9 pan, I am not sure if layers would have been full but not going to make another cake for months so it is OK.
      We threw caution to the wind last night and ate inside and hugged the grands, it was wonderful. My DIL said there are no current cases at the nursing home where she works, hooray. She did say they need more masks though so that is my intention for today, I have a few partly done and can whip up several for her.

My grandson age 6 amazed me by doing multiplication, converting hours to minutes, how did he learn that, fantastic. Unfortunately my DS's contract job is over. Now is a terrible time to be job hunting but he has lots of education and skills so hope this is very temporary.
      So glad the transplant has been successful, the cast is on so healing can commence and houses have been sold quickly.
      It is nice to see many new posters and some we have missed are back.
      My order of 7/19 might arrive today after traveling from Kansas to Mississippi to Georgia, another place in Georgia, back to Mississippi, to Memphis and finally to Alabama. I am sure it went through Alabama twice on its travels. I will be able to sandwich another quilt to go with the two I have ready to fmq. I might put that off for a bit until I get one finished.

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
        CarlieBlilie commented
        Editing a comment
        That is some well travelled fabric!

• grammaterry
        grammaterry commented
        Editing a comment
        Children are soooo smart today . Little sponges absorbing all the things we let them know.
        Your DS is a smart man and there are lots of jobs waiting o\ut there for qualified people. Finding a good employee is a task in itself. My suggestion would be for him to find a headhunter and have them find him a job. He will get higher wages. I've been told that companies are relying on recommen\dations from other employees because there are so many flakes out there.

• Claire Hallman
        Claire Hallman commented
        Editing a comment
        Terry, I think that is how he has found his last several jobs. It would make my heart happy if he found something other than a contract type job, I know they pay the best but I am old fashioned and think permanence is pretty important.
        My order did arrive, happy about that.

Good morning,

Wow, we are on this morning with DGSon. He is a busy 4 year old looking for toys in my sewing room. Well there is a bucket with stickers and foam sheets for him. Of course, he wants the needle threader, bobbins, and tweezers to play with. He did ask me to put the big scissors away. Yes, will do!

No time for sewing today. Little one wants to play!

Comment

Just found out today that my estranged husband died in April and no one bothered to tell me. He had been in the nursing home the past 2 years and I didn't visit often because of his twin brother. Not sure how to feel. We lived in 2 separate houses on the same property for years, and were good friends at least.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          Reminds me of how Howard's grandfather's second wife didn't notify anyone when he passed. If his sister hadn't gone by the house to check on him, my FIL would have never known at all. It sent him into a deep depression.

When I was going through and searching for family history I found his grave site (by searching his second wife's name). None of them even knew that he'd been buried. She told the sister, that he'd been cremated and that was that. Dot was shocked when I showed her the grave site in Palatka. (Not terribly far from where we live). It broke her heart, because Bob would have gone to visit the site.

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          So sorry for the loss. If you haven't already done it you should notify Social Security, you could be entitled to widow's benefits and the $255 lump sum death payment.

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          So sorry for your loss.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Even though you were estranged he was a friend and part of your life.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Interesting morning so far. I ordered the new (to us) sewing machine! We deal with Ken's Sewing Center in Muscle Shoals, Alabama (we first saw them at the Paducah Quilt Show. That's also where Cheryl got her MC 6650), so I imagine it will be here pretty quickly. I would have rather tried to find it someplace local, but none of the shops around here had one like that, plus Janome isn't too popular with the local shops. Most carry either Bernina or Husqvarna.

Got an email this morning from Walmart that the onion I bought the other day for Cheryl's broccoli soup is subject to a recall due to suspected salmonella. Well, it's already in the soup so it's won't be coming back to them anytime soon. Seriously, Cheryl doesn't feel sick or anything, and I cooked it to within an inch of its life, so I imagine anything bad was likely cooked out. Here's a link to the recall story.

https://www.businessinsider.com/onio...monella-2020-8

It's supposed to be nice today, so I might actually try to get out and walk. My cardiologist is on me to exercise more. We bought an exercise bike after I finished my cardiac rehab, and I used it for a few months, but soon it became the world's most expensive clothing rack. When we moved we decided to let it go instead of moving it. We have a good place to walk, but as hot as its been before this cool snap came I only go out to mow the grass or water the flowers.

Have a great day everyone.

Auntstuff, I'm sorry to hear about your estranged husband. You obviously still cared for him. Condolences.

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
            Nwmnteacher commented
            Editing a comment
            I've always had great service from Ken's.

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve done business with Kens in the past...good service. That’s weird about the onion.

Good morning. Yesterday I spent the morning have my hip scope. I was the first case , so I had to be there at 5:30 . We were home by 11. I am in more pain today ,but it is tolerable. The surgeon thinks I should have less pain now. I am trying to take it easy and let my DH take over animal duty.
          I may piece some blocks together if I feel like standing a bit.

have a good day
          Beth

Comment

• Ginny B
            Ginny B commented
            Editing a comment
            Take things easy. I hope you have less and less pain each day.

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad your procedure went well. I hope your pain levels gets much better. It’s hard living with chronic pain.

Glad to hear you're home and hope each day will bring you more relief with the pain.
          Last edited by Cathy F; August 6, 2020, 09:30 AM.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• baslp
            baslp commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Cathy
        Working...
        X