Transplant Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplant Update

The transplant surgery is over and the doctor said it went very well! They started about 9:45 this morning and finished up about 8 p.m. I got calls throughout the day from the nurse in the OR providing me with updates. I'm told that Jason (the donor) also did well. So relieved it is over and now to move on to healing. DH will be sedated for the next 2-3 days until they are sure he can breathe on his own, then they will begin to wean him off of all the tubes, IVs, etc. So it will still be a few days before I can actually talk to him. Looking forward to hearing his voice again soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. We have been surrounded by them and lifted up by them. I can't put into words how much you all mean to me.

I will update more as I know more. Now off to bed. :-)

Such good news, Cokie! Still praying.

Comment

This is wonderful news. You must be so relieved the surgery is done. We will pray for a full recovery. Get some extra rest and be sure to take care of yourself. Hugs.....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Be sure you take the time for yourself to decompress. Glad to hear all went well!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Prayers for continued recovery, glad to hear the surgery went well for both of them.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Great news! Take care of yourself too.

Comment

Continued prayers for you all. I thought about you several times today and will continue to lift you all in prayer. Hoping recovery is smooth for both your husband and his donor. Take time to relax and be rested for his return.
              Last edited by Paisley; August 4, 2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Fantastic news! Thank you for keeping us informed. As others have said, first take care of yourself so that you are able to be the caregiver.

Comment

Fabulous news.

Comment

Blessings to you Cokie and DH !! There are trying times ahead, but stay positive, I thought about you all day. Continued prayers, stay safe and gain strength!
                    Kathryn
                    Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

Praise the Lord! So thankful this first step is behind you. I’ll continue to pray for all of you. Love and hugs.
                      💫 Star lover

Comment

I hope you had a restful sleep last night. I am happy that all went well and will pray that it continues to go well for all involved.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Yes, it's time for stage one praises. Lifting prayers for stage two- recovery for your DH and the donor. Get lots of rest while you can.
                          Katrina
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

So glad all went well. Continued prayers for recovery for your hubby and his donor. Take care of yourself.
                            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Thankful for a successful surgery and both are doing well. Praying now for quick healing for both and some rest for you.
                              Carlie

Comment

Working...
                              X