Monday is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday is here!!

Good morning friends. Yes Monday is here once again. Well what a weekend we had after all. On Saturday we headed out so I could get my refund from the quilt store. I got back $80. I didn't stay long to look around, another time. Picked up a few groceries along the way. Sitting at home, hubby mentions going to visit our friend Lynda who is camping, and we can try out our new tent. I have never packed so fast. Mattress, pump, pillows, blankets, a change of clothes, some snacks and off we go. Lynda was pretty excited that we were coming. We had a lovely time with a nice fire and some drinks. It started raining in the morning as hubby was making coffee. We eventually got everything in the Escape, although the tent was wet. We stopped for breakfast before coming home. I didn't sleep well and I was sooooo tired by the time we got home which was about 10:30. We decided to put the tent up so that it would eventually dry out. Well the rains came and went ALL day and it rained really hard at times. Tornado warnings all afternoon, not for us, but certainly where Lynda was and where Suzanne lives. I sent Lynda messages but she never got back to me. I don't believe any actually touched down. I had a much needed shower and a 2 hour nap. But that really screwed up the day. I thought it was supper time but it was only 3:30. I did a little sewing in the afternoon as well.

Today is a holiday in Canada, all except Quebec (haha). I don't know how much mail we will get today. Today I start at another post office 10 min from my house. Lunch is only 1 hour long so I won't be coming home. I will take my embroidery with me just in case I have spare time.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay healthy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Good morning. Wow Monique, yes that was quite the weekend. I hope you have an easy day at work.

Our weekend was not very active. We did do the usual chores and I also got some of our harvested veggies and herbs prepped and into the freezer. No sewing happened.

I hope to get into the sewing room this morning. Dinner is going in the crockpot shortly (pulled chicken) so no need for lots of prep time for that. I do have some more veggies to get into the freezer and we will keep an eye on the storm heading up the coast and get things secured outside as needed. I'll take the hanging plants and wind chimes down and stack the chairs closer to the house.

Have a good day all. Enjoy your holiday all of you in Canada (except those in Quebec ). Be safe all in the path of Isiais.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning!

We have sunshine this morning. Temps will be in the low 80's with a chance of thunderstorms. I'm hoping they hold off until after our porch visit with Mom.

I got my Halloween panel out yesterday. I was surprised to discover it was square! How did I not remember that? I bought it two or three years ago, after seeing it on the wall of a LQS. All of my calculations for the backing were based on it being 36" x 42". I decided to trim some of the fabric off the sides to make it a rectangle. I don't think it will impact the overall look of the panel.

I talked to a friend of mine a couple days ago, she asked if I wanted to go out to eat. With the increase in cases, I am just not comfortable with eating in a restaurant right now. She and another friend have been going out, she said the menus are limited and the prices are up. I'm probably being overly cautious. I have no problems ordering takeout or delivery.

Time for a second cup of tea and to log in to my work chat. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        There's nothing wrong with being cautious! I am not comfortable with indoor dining yet, either. We have eaten on a patio a few times, with tables spaced far apart.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm calculating the time dif. between here & Cleveland & thinking of & praying for Cokie, her husb., Jason the donor, the surgical teams, etc. as her husb. undergoes the liver transplant today. The surgery is expected to take 8 to 12 hours.

I took it easy yest. Wrote out some bills, prepared some mail, did some book work, etc. I did not do any sewing. The days just get away from me, it seems.

I haven't seen any more raccoons, but I had to close the windows at 4:10 this a.m. because of skunk odor.

Today will be the usual Mon. laundry. I need to get some estimates to have the exterior of our house painted. A friend gave me a painter's name; I left messages, but he never called back. Years ago when we were young, we did it ourselves. Can't do that now.

No more time this a.m.

Comment

Good Morning....

We had storms off and on all day yesterday but we also got a fair amount of rain.

Monique, what a weekend you had. The quilt shop overcharged you $80 for elastic?? It’s a crazy world.

The quilt below is one of the first M* tutorials I watched. The fabric is a lovely line called Prayer Flag. If I remember right, the name of this one may be Jelly Basket or something like that. I remember it being very simple to make. One thing I miss from the old forum is that we could put comments about our quilts in our albums. I always relied on them to remember details about my sewing. That feature isn’t a part of the new format. Thank you for looking, friends.

Note: I looked up the tutorial and it is Jelly Basket and it’s from 2011.

Have a great day everyone.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bubby; August 3, 2020, 11:59 AM.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

Rob

• geegeequilts
          geegeequilts commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy quilt. Love the quilt show. Gina

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          She charged $7.90/meter instead of .79

Good Morning,

This morning is cool and house is still open. Yay! Spent a little time outdoors enjoying the weather yesterday. Completed the dish towels for my daughter's Christmas gift. I will need to wash out the tracing that didn't work (too faint to use for the pattern) and then I will put away so if she shows up at the house she won't find them. She and her family left to go on a well deserved break. They went to her mother-in-law's cabin in Wisconsin. They will be there for a week. I know she was looking forward to this. Last year she was not able to go into the water as she had just had surgery on her hand for trigger finger. Oddly enough she is having the same surgery on her other hand at the end of the month. I will be going over to her house to help her with daycare for a week after the surgery. She is right handed so it will be interesting to see how she gets along.

I did get up to the sewing room yesterday for a bit. I was able to complete a couple more blocks. If I can keep this up I should have all the blocks done by the end of the month and I can start getting the sashing on. I have 3 applique's to work on but I am going to baste them first. I'm not very good at needle turn.

Getting groceries is on my list today and running a couple of errands, mainly for my son. A few chores around here and then I can work on the sewing. Best get going to I don't have a big crowd to deal with at the store.

Have a great day everyone.
        Carlie

Comment

• CarlieBlilie
          CarlieBlilie commented
          Editing a comment
          It hasn't been too bad but I'm noticing some things gone. I usually go on Monday's because of the senior discount. If it keeps up I'll have to try Tuesday instead.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found chicken thighs but fish is completely sold out. Not a good time to crave fish tacos.

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel the same way about shopping on Mondays. I prefer Wednesday’s because around here we don’t get fresh bread delivered until late Tuesday. There have been a few times lately that there’s no milk in our town. It’s a 30 mile round trip for me to drive to Walmart.

Good Morning All,

Well, it looks like Isiasis doesn't want to visit Jacksonville. It's cloudy, breezy, not a drop of rain. It actually feels good outside right now. It could stay like this all day!

Jim and Morgan have a full asking price offer, a Navy vet. A second offer cash sale, 17K less. Their realtor is putting the last call push out this morning. They have to make a decision by noon. I guess it's really happening.

Howard's Aunt Alma called yesterday. She was wondering how the hurricane was treating us. Looks like Aunt Betty Jean's grandkids are in the line of it now. Anyway, Alma and I had a nice visit. She thinks Jim's nuts, but she said it best, You have to let them do what they want to do, to get it out of their system.

I'll call Dot later today, and let her know I bottled up all that water for nothing. I'll water the plants and see if I can rearrange the freezer to store a couple more of them.

Funny Gabby and Pepper story from yesterday. Pepper was playing with Gabby's squirrel toy. I'd throw it, Pepper would chase it down and bring it back. After a few minutes of play, Gabby decided to join in. Pepper was charging toward the squirrel, Gabby was hot on her tail. Then Pepper turned and started bounding back to me. Gabby realized she was right in Pepper's path! She dodged, ran into the sofa, and then decided behind me was the safest place to be. Last night after two days of watching Pepper play, Gabby decided she wanted to play with her little rabbit. It was a lot safer for her, without Pepper here!

Gabby is going nuts checking every spot Pepper peed on this morning. I think if it's just Pepper, Gabby and me, everything would be fine, but adding Jim and the kids it's more that the poor hound can take. Pepper is supposed to go live with Morgan's aunt's family. I don't have a clue how Jim's going to get her out to the west side of TN, but that's not my problem. If necessary, Pepper can stay here, until Morgan's aunt's family gets settled (they're moving from PN back to TN), but I'm not making a verbal offer yet. It would really put a damper in my sewing to have both dogs here.

Just Get it Done Quilts has a new tutorial this morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35l...su8ebGV2Vu%3A6

Time to get busy. Have a great day!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy to hear!! My son is in Jacksonville at Army Ait (school). I was worried!

• KPH
          KPH commented
          Editing a comment
          There was a big 'hint' it wasn't going to be too much, they left all of the lights on the exit ramps up. Big storms, they work for over a week and lower all of them. Then it takes a couple of weeks to get them all back up.

Good Morning... actually I am up before the sun, probably coz a long nap snuck up on me yesterday. I have been shopping my freezer and pantry and it became it became apparent last night that a quick run was going to be needed soon. Of all things... I had more ice cream cones than I had ice cream to fill them. Can't have that happening. Lucky for me my son my son text me last night, he is doing a run tonight and did I need anything. You betcha.. ice cream! Another week or so I will need a major food haul. Almost finished with all the freezer meal items I made up last month.

My long neglected sewing room is need of some care for sure. Time to show it some love and clean it up. I do have curtain rods on order and they will be here soon and hopefully get inspired to sew curtains.

Have a good days and please be safe.

Comment

Morning all....

I pieced and quilted this Sawtooth Star Mini this past weekend. Getting the fabric I wanted to use was a challenge. When I started looking through my fabric stash, I couldn't believe how low my solid colors had depleted. I first went to JoAnn Fabrics in Rutland, Vermont. OMG....the Kona fabrics were totally gone with the exception of maybe Snow, Black, Yellow, Red, and a green (1 bolt each). And any of the other solid fabric at JoAnn's? I do not feel it is quality fabric and I refuse to use it. I felt empty handed. But, it was hard to believe how much fabric WAS NOT in the store since I worked at that specific facility in Nov 2018.
          I ended up at a quilt shop 40 minute drive away from Rutland ( the closest one to me) to obtain Kona Fabric. At least they had several different colors to choose from. I miss Hobby Lobby!
          I am still trying to find work in Arkansas; just more rejection. I hope soon we can find work, find a home to move to and find solace once again. Please pray!
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Rhonda K
            Rhonda K commented
            Editing a comment
            Cute mini quilt. Best wishes for you and the move!

• Momofmonsters5
            Momofmonsters5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Prayers! What kind of work are you looking for?

• shermur
            shermur commented
            Editing a comment
            Momof5...I have 25 plus years in clerical accounting (office professional). Due to my age, it seems very hard to find that kind of work. I like being in the background instead of dealing with the public.

Ha, ha. Monique, the last place i worked in Colorado gave no coffee breaks but gave one hour for lunch. i always drove home to get lunch for my husband, grab a bite and back to work. I don't miss those days. and i never got the thrill of camping. maybe these days I would just to get out of the house!!!

Comment

Three out of four days it's rained. While I'm happy for my roses and marigolds, the rain plays havoc on my sinuses. I never had sinus problems until I met Cheryl, but that's another story.😁

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Good morning,

Sitting in the sewing room this morning and finally quilting the table topper. Four more hoops to go and then embroider the borders. I can see that I missed a couple of points on the stars when I pieced it together. I'll make sure to put that at the back of the table.

Thankfully, it was a mild storm yesterday and we are already back to our normal. We are leaving the shutters closed for the large windows until season is over.

A few more house and garden projects calling for attention but we are making progress.

Today is our grandson's birthday. A little man already at four years old and so much fun! It's his first day back at school since last March. He had lots of mommy time since our daughter taught her classes from home. She is back in the school environment today too.

Stay safe & healthy!

Comment

Back in the sewing room today to work on the quillows. I haven't worked on them, or anything else other than masks, for a couple weeks. I want to get at least one totally done today.
                My younger daughter was supposed to visit yesterday and bring her 3 little ones. About 15 minutes before they were due to arrive, she got a text from the daycare. One of the teachers there tested positive for covid. So the daycare is closed for I don't know how long and the 3 kids (9 months, 2 yrs, and 4 yrs old) have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks! At least Mom and Dad are able to work from home. I'm praying that they are all going to stay healthy. They have to be extra cautious with the 2 yr old. He had heart surgery at age 5 days and so he's more vulnerable. The oldest one's 5th birthday is on the 10th so I guess we'll be celebrating a few days late.
                We are having gorgeous weather these last couple days. I love that we can just leave the windows open and not need the AC!
                I'm going back to the sewing room while I have things going there, before it's time to start on dinner.
                Have a happy day!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Monique...it is Sally...from long ago! Glad to see someone from the ol gang is still here and a fellow Canuck too!
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• Monique
                    Monique commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HEY Shauna, welcome back!! What have you been up to? Glad to see you back here.

Wow...lots! Retired, moved but still quilting!
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
                  X