Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Morning Greetings :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Hard to believe it's August already! We're well on our way to Fall. The forecast is for more 80's than 90's, so that's a plus. Our high temp. yest. hit 96.

I told about the raccoons in another thread yest. That certainly was a surprise yest. eve. seeing those 6 coons lumbering across our back yard. I know they're around in the 'hood, but I seldom see them. Just wish the skunks would make themselves scarce. I can't imagine trapping one.

I had a productive day yest. Guess I had a spurt of energy. Changed DH's bed, did 3 loads of laundry, vac'd in the bsmt., cooked up DH's Anasazi beans, cleaned in the downstairs bathroom. I finally quit at 1:30 & ate a late lunch. I took it easy the rest of the day. Maybe today I can do some sewing. It will be YT church again. I don't want to sit in a lawn chair in the parking lot.

My gr. kids are moving this week end. They live in Annapolis, MD & have been renting for 3 yrs. A house just down the street came on the market which they've been able to buy. It was built in 1955, a Cape Cod style, 4 BR (2 up, 2 down), but only 1 bathroom. No bsmt. or garage. But it's in good condition; the kitchen has been upgraded with new appliances, etc. It will be a nice starter home for them. Real estate in Annapolis is at a premium since it's a Navy town. The Naval Academy is there. Many retired military. On one of my trips back there, we toured the Academy.
    A very nice campus.

Good Morning...Its going to be a beautiful day. Yesterday we worked in the yard all day clipping, weeding, mowing and cleaning up. We got a huge amount done and we slept like babies last night. My allergies are bothering me today. I plan not to cook today. We can fend for ourselves and not starve.

Today I’m giving you a peek into the armoire in the living room. Most of the quilts there are old ones from my family plus runners and small items. My quilts are rotated all the time. I can only guess how many quilts we have. All of our closets are crammed with quilts. It’s a good thing I don’t have a lot of clothes anymore since the quilts have taken over. I have been making quilts for 55+ years and have given away countless quilts to friends, family, charities and for raffles and benefits. I’ve made a bazillion pillowcases and other items for kids. I also collect vintage table linens and that’s a story for another day.

Thank you for looking...have a great day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; August 2, 2020, 08:15 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful quilt collection, and a great storage solution.

• Debbie Watters
      Debbie Watters commented
      Editing a comment
      They look absolutely beautiful!

• Star lover
      Star lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooo, pretty.....oh so very pretty. Love looking at quilts and yours are gorgeous!

Good morning.we have heavy rain showers now. It feels like a sauna out there. I was able to glue the binding down on my quilt yesterday afternoon. I plan on sewing it today. I wanted that project done before my surgeon. I am off soon for my Covid test. Needs to be done 72 hrs before your procedure.

Have a a good day.
    Beth

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you get a good result on your test. Don’t you hate the sauna effect!

Good morning! It's a cloudy, rainy, breezy morning here. Not raining so hard that I have to close the windows so I'm enjoying the breeze and cooler air, and so thankful for the rain. We'll be headed to Cleveland later this morning. DH and I both had a good cry and a long talk yesterday, slept like logs, and I think we're ready to face the surgery in a better frame of mind. The support and prayers surrounding us are amazing, including here on the forum. It's hard to put into words the gratitude we feel. Yesterday the donor's mother sent DH a couple of really nice emails, and our neighbors brought over a card with some gift cards in it. Our son in California and his family sent flowers with a card that said "Congratulations on your second chance." After I get back from Cleveland, I plan to go to the grocery store and probably do a load of laundry to get ready for the week. Calling hours for our friend are this afternoon so I will have to miss that. I've been imagining how hard that would be with social distancing and no hugs! The funeral is tomorrow. I'm not sure I will go since I'll be waiting for updates on the surgery. I know he would understand. Well, I'm going to finish my coffee and get the day moving along. Hope you all have a blessed day!

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinking of you both. Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Will keep you and yours close to my heart this week. I know it's going to be hard on both of you.

• Debbie Watters
      Debbie Watters commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers and remember to take care of yourself ...

Good Morning to all.

Did get clothes transferred yesterday, the giveaway fridge cleaned and ready for its new home and I actually washed my car. Since I seldom drive my car these days the spiders and cobs just love to try and encase it in webs. Windows looked like I have been driving thru dirt fields. Not sure what the day will bring, but I have chores galore to keep my busy. Sewing or Cleaning... Cleaning or sewing... decisions decisions. Maybe I will do a little of both. But first ... COFFEE !!

Hope all have a happy day and please stay safe. (((Hugs)))

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Hugs to you, my friend. Keeping busy is such a good thing.

• Anitamae56
      Anitamae56 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have had so much on a short amount of time. Thinking of you.

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Keeping busy kept me sort of sane, never was fully sane anyway. ;-)

Good Morning Everyone!

Today has dawned cool and less humid. Temps are predicted to be around 72. I just may take my sewing outside and enjoy the cool weather. Yesterday was cool in the morning but turned a little humid. We opened the house as we went to bed as temps and humidity dropped.

Yesterday I took out the chicken carcass and the ham bone I had left over from suppers the past week and made some soup stock. Those simmered on the stove for several hours and after supper I strained them and let them cool a little before I put them in the freezer for winter soups. I love soup any time of the year but Dave will only eat it if it is cold. Go figure. We had Nacho Pie for supper last night. Had already started it when I discovered that I did not have the tortilla chips that I normally use for this recipe so had to improvise. Took a couple of the flour tortillas I had in the fridge and baked them in the oven until crispy and cut them up. Worked okay but it wasn't quite right for the dish.

I was able to get a couple more blocks done on the sampler quilt. I now have 26 completed. I'm still not sure how many I'm going to need to complete. I'm leaning towards 36, so 6 rows of 6. I want to make sure it will be big enough for our bed and have enough drop (my husband tends to hog the covers although he would never admit it). I also worked on the dishtowels I've been embroidering for my daughter. I'm on the last one and should have that completed sometime today.

Off for a cup of coffee before online church. Have a great day everyone!
    Carlie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love soup too, year round!

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Carlie, be sure to share a picture of the dish towels.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      I could eat soup all day if you let me.

Good morning!

It's raining right now. Temps will be in the mid-70's today. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather this week.

I want to run up to the grocery store soon. I am out of some staples and the bunny needs her carrots. I have been doing my shopping during the week since I started teleworking, but we have a porch visit with Mom tomorrow and I can't wait until Tuesday. I hope the store won't be too busy. I completely forgot to run to up Fresh Thyme after my friend's farewell party on Friday.

I spent a little time in the sewing room yesterday, making masks. The pattern I like best so far is the one with the box pleat. It fogs up my glasses, but is the easiest for me to sew. The ones with three pleats can be too much bulk and my sewing machine struggles with anything bulky.

I think my Halloween project is calling my name. I have a Halloween panel I bought a couple of years ago that I'm going to turn into a small lap quilt. It won't be fancy -- I'm just going to put a couple of borders around it. I plan to use up up my Halloween fabric for the back. I had to order grey thread for the quilting, it should be here in a couple of days.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a walking foot when I make masks. It's easier to sew over those folded pleats.

Good morning,

It's just windy here and a few showers so I'm spending some time in my sewing room. So far, the storm is staying off shore but the winds may increase this afternoon.

I finally bought a small quilt hanger to put small projects on. It will be nice to change out for the different seasons. I just need to make the "projects" now since that has been a goal for a while.

Time to quilt the table runner. I promise to show pictures when it's done. Happy Stitching to all!

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping it misses you. Hugs....

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      So far it looks like we won't see anything until Monday. Stay safe!

Nice day here so far but I expect the heat will increase as the day goes on. We have had much more tolerable temps this past week but that will increase as August really gets going.
    I worked on a 60% quilt a bit yesterday, I finally have it laid out and ready to sew blocks together. I am thinking of using a combo of this pattern and Friday's video for some Christmas fabric I have. I still need to find a darker green print, maybe with a little silver on it. Any suggestions?
    I got the binding sewn to one side of the log cabin just as my sister and BIL came by to pick up some plant starts and brought some beautiful yellow squash. I am looking forward to eating that. That was the end of my sewing yesterday but I might get back in there later today.
    I am about ready to fix some waffles and bacon, hungry since all we ate yesterday was snacks. That was pretty dumb and now I am starving.🤤

Comment

• MSN
      MSN commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Claire is working on a quilt with 60 degree triangles.

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a quilt cut using the sixty degree line on my ruler. It is the same angle as the rombus, I think.

• Paisley
      Paisley commented
      Editing a comment
      If you’re on a smart phone, if you hold down the number 0 you can slide your finger up diagonal to left and get the ° symbol.

Good Morning All,

It's clear enough for us to have church in the yard again today. So I'm home... with Gabby and Pepper. They've behaved themselves very well so far. I had Jim put Pepper, her bed, and water bowl in the kids room and shut her in there while we were gone. Gabby, I left on the chair with the TV on, hoping she wouldn't taunt Pepper. They were both quiet and the house looks fine, so that worked.

The mowers probably got an ear full, though! Pepper's a Fox hound and that girl can bay! I let Pepper out once I got home. She made a potty trip, then Gabby made her little potty trip. So far, so good. Pepper's on her blanket on the sofa, Gabby's in her spot beside me. I'm not looking forward to having to pay Carl though!

Jim and Morgan have 3 viewings today so far, in addition to the open house. The pastor made sure he came by to tell me, even if Jim and Morgan leave town, the church isn't letting me go, this was still my church family. Well that sent me in a spiral. Today, Morgan's mom is on 'can we stay here while our house is being viewed duty.'

I won't be doing any sewing with two pups to look after. Maybe after they pick Pepper up.

Have a great day!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim and Morgan got a full price offer with a Sept. 4 closing date. We'll see how the VA loan goes for the buyer.

• Monique
      Monique commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW that didn't take long. I hope it all works out for them.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

First up...DD came home from Illinois on Wednesday pretty sick and we were all scared it was Covid 19. So on Thursday morning she arranged for a virtual doctor visit on Friday. Yup, Friday afternoon was the earliest slot that was open. But, the doctor felt it was not Covid. He thinks it is a very nasty sinus infection, so she is being treated for that. So far everything is going very well and she feels pretty much normal now. She left a little while ago for her new job site in New Jersey. She's not looking forward to working in a city.

I'm not in the mood to quilt, so I dug out a UFO that I haven't worked on in about a year. I don't remember why I stopped, the fabrics are beautiful and I love the pattern. Yesterday I got 13 blocks finished and today I will get a few more finished. The only thing I don't like about piecing in this heat is having the iron on. I never realized how much heat it can add to a room. I'll sew and listen to my music and enjoy the breeze coming in through the window.

We only have a couple of weeks before the weather traditionally breaks up here. It should mellow out and hopefully the night temps will get to where it's comfortable to sleep. I'm really looking forward to fall weather.

Hope you all have a great day and a good week.
    Barbara

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank goodness you're daughter is feeling better. Sinus infections are horrible!

Good afternoon everyone,

After almost 600 miles and 6 quilt shops, I made it home about 7:30 last night. Wow! We had so much fun! There were 4 stores in our region, but we found 2 more on the way. We both purchased fabrics in every store. I was sooooooo tired this morning. I was up around 70 with the dogs, let them out, fed them, and then started feeling unwell...stomach ache. I went back to bed and slept until 110, and I feel fine now. I don't know what that was all about.

We stayed at the cabin Friday night. It turned out to be a good night for sleeping with the windows open, so we woke up to the sound of the loons. We had our morning coffee on the deck watching the loons out on the lake. We went to a favorite local cafe for breakfast, then hit the road again to visit the last 2 shops. The time just flew by; we talked the entire time. She's so good at picking coordinating fabrics and helped me with finding fabrics to go together for projects. I also bought a kit to make a MN quilt using the official panel. Every store put the official fabrics together differently, and every store had their own block.

The only thing I've accomplished today is picking beans from the garden. The purple beans are finally producing, and there were a lot of them. I think the yellow beans will be ready tomorrow. I'll be canning tomorrow. I'm going to mix the 3 colors together when I can them. It will be really colorful, and will make pretty 3 bean salad.

I didn't work at all last week, and won't this week either. I scheduled for this Thursday, but my chihuahua, Sadie, has to have a biopsy on a growth on her lip.
    IMG_1434.jpgIMG_1435.jpg
    In the first picture you can see a version of the MN quilt. That's me on the left. The second picture is of all the treasures I found at the shops.

Jeanne
    Last edited by Nwmnteacher; August 2, 2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a wonderful trip!

• CarlieBlilie
      CarlieBlilie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you had a blast. I was able to visit 3 stores, Calico Hutch, and then two in New Ulm, Sewing Seeds and The Thimble Box. May go to a few more through the month. Not sure.

• Angelia
      Angelia commented
      Editing a comment
      If your purple beans are like mine, they will turn green when canned. Wax beans stay yellow, so it might be a two-color three bean salad.

So glad you had a great trip!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm jealous a little. Bonnie and I would have been on a road trip somewhere. I really miss her.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        Monique, you were such a good friend to Bonnie. I know you miss her a lot.

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. She is always on my mind. I don't think there are many days that I don't think of her.
    Working...
    X